08-17-09 05:51 PM
304 12345 ...
tools
    Yeah ok! Everything you hear about instore reps says they dont know sh*t about the phones they are selling, wifi on all Bb's? I'm sorry if you are a good rep I am talking more generally about a percentage of reps. A girl at a local store when I asked if they were hearing any issues with the storm said NO! They are great phones we hardly have to replace them they are really great phones blah blah... I really just wanted to laugh at any response I got because she would rather sell me that phone then be honest with me and tell me its one of the most returned/replaced phones. And we get calls on it daily with cust after cust complaining.
    If you don't like in store reps then do your shopping online. But don't come at people with "I am the guy who already knows the answers to the questions I ask" and expect a retail rep to care. We would rather deal with " there is no way my kid texted this much" billing question guy and "I never got my phone wet" tech questions all day than deal with one of your type. When you go into a store you have to remember that most of the people that work there consider it a job and not a career you need to find the ones that consider it a career and ask them meaningful questions. They will gladly take the time out of their day to answer your questions whether they are selling you something or not.
    07-27-09 09:28 AM
    go somewhere else then?
    07-27-09 09:28 AM
    Me: "Do you have any replacement battery door button's for my curve, and how much to replace it?"
    Rep: "Let me check,(walks in the back for 2 min)....I'm sorry sir, you'll need to replace the phone"
    Lol who walks into a store and ask for battery door buttons? You're not shopping at Lowes!

All they could do is replace it with another device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:35 AM
    Of course you hear mostly about bad reps, when was the last time you got good service and ran home to hit a message board and tell everyone about it? However, if you get bad service it's time to rip on every person and their mother who works for said company.
    07-27-09 09:49 AM
    Of course you hear mostly about bad reps, when was the last time you got good service and ran home to hit a message board and tell everyone about it? However, if you get bad service it's time to rip on every person and their mother who works for said company.

No, I hear you. People are far more likely to complain than praise.

Just a suggestion for all you people out there- when you get good service, whether over the phone or in person, take down the person's name and ask to speak to their supervisor. And then tell their supervisor what a great job the person who helped you did. It not only makes a person's day, but it's also going to help them out a lot down the road, when the boss is considering people for promotions or whatever. It's a little thing my mom taught me.
    07-27-09 09:57 AM
    Yeah ok! Everything you hear about instore reps says they dont know sh*t about the phones they are selling, wifi on all Bb's? I'm sorry if you are a good rep I am talking more generally about a percentage of reps. A girl at a local store when I asked if they were hearing any issues with the storm said NO! They are great phones we hardly have to replace them they are really great phones blah blah... I really just wanted to laugh at any response I got because she would rather sell me that phone then be honest with me and tell me its one of the most returned/replaced phones. And we get calls on it daily with cust after cust complaining.
    Whatever; you are the same person that started a thread on how to get away with putting data on a blackberry, and you are questioning the integrity of in-store reps?

Truth be told,most sales reps dont deal with returns, and she may not have seen a lot of the issues with them. Its like when people tell me the Dare is a piece of garbage, well, i dont really see dares get returned, so I get surprised, it doesnt make me less knowledgable, juyst that I have had problems with one phone less than the others.

In fact every phone in the history of man has had one be defective, and we dont know which one it is, so instead of riding this high horse of "I know more than you do" maybe you should question why you even feel this way because Im sure you havent woked in a store and more than likely wouldnt be able to handle it.

I apologize in advance for coming off crude, but it frustrates me when customer care on the phone tinks we are some heartless sould that dont know anything but how many zero's a sale will put on our paycheck.
    Last edited by MofoMagic; 07-27-09 at 10:09 AM.
    07-27-09 10:01 AM
    I don't recommend it often, because I don't want customers to see the plethora of misinformation on these boards.
    If they can run a smartphone they can choose what information is legit...
    07-27-09 10:59 AM
    Whatever; you are the same person that started a thread on how to get away with putting data on a blackberry,
    Yeah I was trying to get data on a BB... suprisingly enough it worked!
    Did anyone else get data on their BB?
    If you can't keep up I'll excuse you for a brain break, although it looks like you may be on one already.
    07-27-09 11:02 AM
    I went into a VZW store the other day...

The greeter came up to me and said how may we help you today? I replied I wanted to add a line. As he wrote my name down I glanced at what he was writing only to notice he was using a crayon. Surprised by his bollixed style I shook my head and I went to browse the phones.

A little later I hear my name being called and turn to see a red shirted fellow fall to the floor. As he struggled to rise I noticed a customer had apparently tied his shoe laces together. Trying not to laugh I identified myself and he floundered toward me. I could hear a muddled voice repeating CSRs know all CSRs know all.

As he came nearer I noticed a large portion of what appeared to be his lunch still adhered to his chin. Trying hard to avert staring I informed him I was interested in adding a line and let him know what phone I want for it. He then turned and promptly fell forgetting his shoes were still tied together. It was at this point I saw the target style sign adhered to his back that read 'throw broken Storms here'. Feeling bad I helped him to his feet and suggested fixing his shoe enigma prior to continuing on his way. After receiving assistance from a fellow CSR with his shoe laces he disappeared to the backroom. Again I hear a muddled voice saying CSRs know all CSRs know all.

As I wait I look around at the bewildered faces, some drooling some simply lost. I found myself pondering if Night of the Living Dead was fact based. At this point the CSR assisting me returns only to ask what phone I wanted as he had forgotten in the 15 foot walk to the backroom. This time he writes it down for remembrance sake. There again is the muddled voice CSRs know all CSRs know all.

I now observe a CSR in the corner repeatedly bouncing into the wall. The manager noticing my puzzlement explained that they had recently remodeled and some CSRs had not gotten used to the new layout. Apparently six months previous the backroom door used to be in that very location. I shrugged and turned to see my CSR returning.

He had the wrong phone. Upon asking how he accomplished that he retorted that he had accidentally eaten the note when he sneaked a bite of his goat cheese sandwich. I again reminded him of the correct model phone. Complaining of a back ache he turned to once again start the intense journey to the backroom. I noticed a new target shaped sign that was inscribed, if I look confused kick me. Faintly in the background the voice CSRs know all CSRs know all.

Seeing that two CSRs are busy trying to help stop the CSR bouncing off the wall. Yet two more trying to understand the Odin chatter they heard online. Another near tears with a request to replace a Storm with a Tour. And my CSR probably never to return from his goat cheese utopia. I politely tell the greeter to remove me from the list as I fear I must leave before I am lost to thee obtuse abyss that I have entered. He responds by saying he cannot. I question why to which he replies I have broken my crayon.

I carefully move towards the exit and slowly open the door as to go unnoticed barely escaping with my sanity. It's the network ...

(just kidding, a little thread deicing, thanks to the excellent work by my CSR I don't have an actual story to tell at this time)
    07-27-09 11:03 AM
    Funny stuff....
    07-27-09 11:06 AM
    Yeah I was trying to get data on a BB... suprisingly enough it worked!
    Did anyone else get data on their BB?
    If you can't keep up I'll excuse you for a brain break, although it looks like you may be on one already.

Lets try again, one more time:

Whatever; you are the same person that started a thread on how to get away with putting data on a blackberry.

In other words, avoid trying to get one. Wow, looks like my brain break became contagious huh?
    07-27-09 12:24 PM
    Lets try again, one more time:

Whatever; you are the same person that started a thread on how to get away with putting data on a blackberry.

In other words, avoid trying to get one. Wow, looks like my brain break became contagious huh?
    Not quite, I knew exactly what I was talking about, you didn't.
    07-27-09 12:26 PM
    Don't dismiss grandma's ability to use a smartphone. I'm a grandpa (62) and, from reading what a number of wippersnappers (young folks) ask and say on this forum, more knowledgeable than the most.
    I personally know a grandma who owns an iPhone and she has to help her adult children with phone and computer problems.
    A sales person cannot tell who should be sold a bb just by looking at them or by talking to them in the store.
    07-27-09 01:13 PM
    Don't dismiss grandma's ability to use a smartphone. I'm a grandpa (62) and, from reading what a number of wippersnappers (young folks) ask and say on this forum, more knowledgeable than the most.
    I personally know a grandma who owns an iPhone and she has to help her adult children with phone and computer problems.
    A sales person cannot tell who should be sold a bb just by looking at them or by talking to them in the store.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like that lol. Just saying that my own grandmother was sold a blackberry and she was more confused than any. She's turning 70 this next weekend and doesn't work(except for in the church) and some guy told her she needed email and blah blah sold her this 500$ phone.
    07-27-09 01:23 PM
    don't have any that i remember, been pretty lucky with good reps. though I have to go to one of the DC stores and the charlottesville one so that could change
    07-27-09 01:43 PM
    Thanks Tsst!

I'm at the school library right now doing "homework" and that post made me burst out laughing a couple of times. I think I need to move to a new location because everyone is now staring at me.
    07-27-09 01:51 PM
    You HAD to know this thread was coming! It matches well with our popular what VZW Customers say thread!
    07-27-09 02:02 PM
    Only the other thread is waaaaaay more funny.
    07-27-09 02:11 PM
    Not quite, I knew exactly what I was talking about, you didn't.
    Ok, now I think you are just making things up as you go along. Which considering the things i have read from you, wouldnt be too far-fetched.

And lighten up, if I hit too close to home, ignore me...the internet insult thing is soooo 2004.
    07-27-09 02:20 PM
    ...the internet insult thing is soooo 2004.
    Possibly the gayest sh*t I've read on here.lol JK I am just messin around at work I don't take things personal and recommend for everyone else on here to do the same!
    07-27-09 02:23 PM
    Possibly the gayest sh*t I've read on here.lol JK I am just messin around at work I don't take things personal and recommend for everyone else on here to do the same!
    . I aim to please, anyway get the thread back on track, most of this stuff is rather unfunny.
    07-27-09 03:11 PM
    . I aim to please, anyway get the thread back on track, most of this stuff is rather unfunny.
    True I almost forgot about what this thread was, and I agree there isn't much on here but random ppl bsing because in the end i guess that there aren't that many horrible csr's like ppl say
    07-27-09 03:23 PM
    I've got to say I bought my cell at Best Buy in Brick,NJ and they were knowledgeable and didn't harass me like at all the other stores I've been too. Than again they don't get commission like all kiosks and cell phone carrier stores do. I remember I went to a Verizon store and wanted to look at the storm and he just kept making me look at The LG phones and such. I have the Storm now and I have to say I love it !!! I was told by one of the coworkers I knew he was trying to sell the LG phones because they were told who sold the most got extra money. I know its not a funny story but it pissed me off and than told me the LG phones are better than Blackberrys which is funny !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 04:05 PM
    They talk about what they know. If they don't know anything about blackberry they wont sell em they'll push lg's like no other mother. I used to work at best buy and I worked in the mp3 player section. I always pushed ipods vs. windows media player devices/zune and such becuase I had an ipod. So i think its a comfort thing that they can answer more dummie phone questions than blackberry.
    07-27-09 04:11 PM
    the funny things are PEOPLE who don't know how to use the stuff they buy then think someone over the phone is gonna hold their hand
    people that know more than a rep about a phone & call in to test their knowledge
    get a life
    people that complain about their carriers but then stay....
    THAT's funny people in general
    07-27-09 04:12 PM
304 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD