08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 1234 ...
tools
    I went w/ my friend to a sprint store the other day because he couldn't decide weather to get the Pre or the Tour. My friend is kind of big on WIFI and the Sprint rep told him "You dont need WIFI, our 3g network is faster then WIFI"!
    We were like WTF?!?!?!
    Is this guy serious???
    07-25-09 01:16 PM
    Well this thread started kinda late, and i didn't see you contribute?
    Look at my screen name and tell me why I would poke fun at a fellow rep.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 03:26 PM
    I called in to change my dads plan to Nationwide + Mex the first CSR I called said he was over his 900 minutes already so changing it eff today would cause more prorated overages. He said that my dads line was at 938 minutes. I called my dad and he said that he just did #646 and it said that he was at 674 minutes. So I called back and the rep said that she didn't know what the previous rep was looking at. ????

So we change my plan to Nationwide + Mexico and she tells me that the nationwide + mexico plan includes unlimited texting in mexico. I had her document that on the account, so all the text my dad sent in Mexico will get removed.

Amazing.
    07-25-09 04:56 PM

Would you poke fun at a person who pretty much pays your salary? Just curious.
    07-26-09 12:42 AM
    Would you poke fun at a person who pretty much pays your salary? Just curious.
    Oh boy........let me a get a tissue while I dry my eyes because I can't hold back the thanks I have to all of you.

By the way, yes I would and yes I do on a daily basis.
    07-26-09 05:59 AM
    Unfortunately, since July 12 Ive been spending a lot of time my neighborhood VZW store, trying to get poor signal strength restored for home use. The store has been jam packed and a greeter takes your name and puts you on a waiting list to talk to a retail rep. Ive noticed the reps take turns as greeter. This particular day was extremely busy and the greeter was overwhelmed. A lot of customers were coming in to pay their bills and the kiosk for doing this has not yet been installed at this location. When a bill payer came in he was instructed to go on line, go to another VZW location that has the kiosk, or dial *611all good choices. A lot of folks are waiting to speak to a rep in this understaffed location. Tensions are rising on both sides of the counter and the greeter is beginning to lose it. The next person that came in wanting to pay their bill is instructed to call *911 by the greeter. Obviously, a Freudian slip (the greeter was embarrassed he didnt say *611) but this unintended remark brought a lot of laughter to the folks standing close enough to hear. An emergency call was in order, but to amass more VZW troops. I imagine this was in the back to the greeters mind.
    07-26-09 11:23 AM
    I just got my blackberry 2 days ago and the VZ rep was trying to explain that the BB Curve was only for business people and that I should get the Tour instead. He didn't quite understand that I already had the curve (got it from my brother) and just wanted to activate it.
    07-26-09 11:48 AM

If you can't poke fun at yourself than you are taking this thread and maybe life in general to seriously. Lighten up buddy.
    07-26-09 02:32 PM
    To everyone else that has contributed, thanks and keep em coming!
    07-26-09 02:33 PM
    One VZW rep told me he hadn't even heard of the Storm 2 and if i had any info could i share that was like July 23 WTF!!!!! How could he haven't even heard of it!! I refered him to crackberry.com
    07-26-09 02:34 PM
    Went with my cousin to AT&T to help him switch from an IPHONE to a BOLD, and when he ask what he should do in order to get started and if he had any question's. She replied "Have you heard of Crackberry.com?" Wasn't the first time a REP at VZW or AT&T has suggested Crackberry to new users.
    07-26-09 02:40 PM
    If you can't poke fun at yourself than you are taking this thread and maybe life in general to seriously. Lighten up buddy.
    There's no way any post in this thread can be funnier than THIS one...

07-26-09 03:01 PM
    Me: "Do you have any replacement battery door button's for my curve, and how much to replace it?"
    Rep: "Let me check,(walks in the back for 2 min)....I'm sorry sir, you'll need to replace the phone"
    Last edited by jrbrangi; 07-26-09 at 03:11 PM.
    07-26-09 03:08 PM
    Surprised LarryGump hasnt been here yet.... BTW: My thread is better hehehe... really not finding funny things in here....
    07-26-09 03:34 PM
    One VZW rep told me he hadn't even heard of the Storm 2 and if i had any info could i share that was like July 23 WTF!!!!! How could he haven't even heard of it!! I refered him to crackberry.com
    The Storm 2 and the speculation surrounding it only exist in forums like this, and most reps are unaware of the phone(s) being released until the company officialy releases the info. The fact that the rep did not know anything about the phone is in no way a WTF situation. The interview that Lowell Mcadams gave to Reuters stating there would be a second generation Storm along with the Palm Pre "in six months or so" (which the interview was given back in June) was not even passed along to VZW reps.

The reps are first responsible for knowing their product (price plans, data packages, text packages, etc) and that alone is more intensive than anyone could imagine. So to a rep, no matter what carrier, everything is speculation until their respective company has given them information and/or training on the specific device.
    07-26-09 05:38 PM
    Went with my cousin to AT&T to help him switch from an IPHONE to a BOLD, and when he ask what he should do in order to get started and if he had any question's. She replied "Have you heard of Crackberry.com?" Wasn't the first time a REP at VZW or AT&T has suggested Crackberry to new users.
    I always give customers info on Crackberry and point them to the forums to expand their learning.
    07-26-09 05:40 PM
    I've yet to chuckle.

LOL, me either.....now that's funny!
    07-26-09 05:40 PM
    My son wanted a phone like the curve or something similar. He was looking at the HTC Ozone so I said I would find out about it. I figured since it had WiFi built in I could get it and not have to have the data plan. The customer service rep on the phone told that I had to have data plans on all smart phones. I said Ok and then he proceeded to tell me that All smartphones and all Blackberries have WiFi built in. I had to laugh out loud at that. He exlplained to me that wireless broadband and WiFi are the same thing. I just couldnt help myself, I had to correct him. He still didnt believe me. In fact he even told me that my Storm had WiFi. Nice, way to go VZW on the training of your customer service reps.
    07-26-09 07:54 PM
    Sorry for the set up, but I think it will add to the (hopefully) funny.

Was talking to a local tech about two months ago in store. She's cute and nice but unable to follow exactly what I'm after. She passes my phone around to other techs as we chit chat and they come up with a shoulder shrug and honestly that's about what I was expecting but I had time before a lunch meet up so I went in. They are mostly playing with my ridiculously customized 6800 which was starting to have hardware issue.

One last bit of set up, in this store tech support is off to one side and sales demos etc off to another. The Tech Support side exit to the parking lot remains locked for some reason (I'm sure there is a reason).

So after an hour of mostly chatting, I say I have to head out to a lunch and as she's walking me to the door (to let me out since it's locked) she says, "Sorry we couldn't help, I'll exchange it for you anytime you want. It was nice to play with your thing." Pause... and she starts to look a bit embarrassed and stammers, "uh... I mean, YOUR PHONE!" eyes wide. I kinda of smirk and say thanks for trying and stop as we get to the door. She grabs the door and takes one large stride straight into the locked glass, "SMACK". Full stride into the door. I grab her and look at her a second and she turns the color of a radish as she's unlocking the door while mumbling incoherently; pushes me out the door.

She was fine but it was tough to make it to the car without giggling.
    You must be some stud to mess that chick up so bad
    07-26-09 09:42 PM
    unfortunately a lot of verizon reps dont know about crackberry.com... i know its sad maybe they would know a thing or two about Blackberry's then but some of the reps in my near store are pretty savy with Blackberry's it just depends on your rep
    07-26-09 10:30 PM
    You must be some stud to mess that chick up so bad
    Far from it. I'm fairly certain it was the slip of the tongue that embarrassed her. She was pretty loud and the other people and other workers in the tech side looked at her when she said it. I wish I inspired that kind of reaction in cute young women.
    07-27-09 03:35 AM
    Nice, way to go VZW on the training of your customer service reps.
    TOTALLY AGREE! CSR store reps are tools. They smell over cologned and are smooth talkers. They sell grandma's storms that have no idea what a browser is and will never use it. They are all about numbers and commission. They don't give 2 sh*ts about training.
    07-27-09 07:40 AM
    TOTALLY AGREE! CSR store reps are tools. They smell over cologned and are smooth talkers. They sell grandma's storms that have no idea what a browser is and will never use it. They are all about numbers and commission. They don't give 2 sh*ts about training.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Return percentage (both device returns and churn) and making sure you have your trainings done are 2 of the biggest contributing factors when it comes review time. Also very recently the commission structure has been significantly impacted by device return percentage.
    07-27-09 07:57 AM
    The Storm 2 and the speculation surrounding it only exist in forums like this, and most reps are unaware of the phone(s) being released until the company officialy releases the info. The fact that the rep did not know anything about the phone is in no way a WTF situation. The interview that Lowell Mcadams gave to Reuters stating there would be a second generation Storm along with the Palm Pre "in six months or so" (which the interview was given back in June) was not even passed along to VZW reps.

The reps are first responsible for knowing their product (price plans, data packages, text packages, etc) and that alone is more intensive than anyone could imagine. So to a rep, no matter what carrier, everything is speculation until their respective company has given them information and/or training on the specific device.
    Well, when I worked at Barnes & Noble in college, it wasn't my job to check and see what book Oprah had on her book club list, or what authors had recently been on The Daily Show or The Today Show, but you can bet I did my outside research before coming to work, so I would know what people were asking for. I know it's not required, but still...

....Also after the pre-order website for the Tour had launched, two different VZW reps I spoke to had no idea what the Tour was, and kept asking me if I meant the Storm. I referred them to their own website's pre-order page and Crackberry.com.
    07-27-09 08:08 AM
    You couldn't be more wrong. Return percentage (both device returns and churn) and making sure you have your trainings done are 2 of the biggest contributing factors when it comes review time. Also very recently the commission structure has been significantly impacted by device return percentage.
    Yeah ok! Everything you hear about instore reps says they dont know sh*t about the phones they are selling, wifi on all Bb's? I'm sorry if you are a good rep I am talking more generally about a percentage of reps. A girl at a local store when I asked if they were hearing any issues with the storm said NO! They are great phones we hardly have to replace them they are really great phones blah blah... I really just wanted to laugh at any response I got because she would rather sell me that phone then be honest with me and tell me its one of the most returned/replaced phones. And we get calls on it daily with cust after cust complaining.
    07-27-09 08:09 AM
304 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD