08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 910111213
tools
    I may be wrong, as I often am, but I do believe the intention of this thread was to see if the Verizon employees and defenders would flock to it and counter every single post made.

If so, this thread is the milkman...as it delivers.
    No, that was just a lucky coincidence. IIRC, the OP as well as several others got all bum-hurt over the other thread and it had to be closed and cleaned up several times because of the vitriol they spewed because one of the stories apparently hit too close to home. It was so bad they had to ban one of them...
    08-05-09 09:45 PM
    No, I avoid unemployment by taking my job seriously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So do I, which my employer and and my customers appreciate very much. However.
    I take my headset off when I leave work. I don't bring it home with me, as (figuratively) you do.

The lighten up's are hilarious considering this thread was created because someone got offended over the "Funny things customers say" thread...
    Thank you?

No, that was just a lucky coincidence. IIRC, the OP as well as several others got all bum-hurt over the other thread and it had to be closed and cleaned up several times because of the vitriol they spewed because one of the stories apparently hit too close to home. It was so bad they had to ban one of them...
    Damn. I missed that.

08-05-09 09:59 PM
    Wow I'm the OP and I have one or two posts in that thread, go check them out.

Like I tell my son " think about what you say before you say it".

I like all the bullcrap that comes out of your mouth, and the way you make up stories. Maybe you should write fiction book.

08-05-09 10:10 PM
    Are you kidding me? "keep calling in?" You dont work for Verizon do you? Do you know what one of the big initiatives is this year? Self Service. Do you know how much it costs the company each time someone calls in for a nonsense reason? I do, since you supposedly work in a call center, you should as well. "keep calling in" is the attitude that is going to get you promoted to "customer" that is even if you arent already.
    Looks like someone is really pushing for a bonus/profit sharing cheque.

Btw, self service for customers can also get employees 'promoted' to the unemployment line.

08-06-09 05:35 AM
    Quite astounding that in 19 pages no one's mentioned the point zero zero two dollars versus the point zero zero two cents dilemma.

Very old news, but I figure it would've made its way into this thread eventually.

For those who haven't heard of it yet (doubt it), follow the link:
    08-06-09 06:24 AM
    Wow! I never seen that video, thanks sawedust!!!

A big WTF!!!!!! Haha

08-06-09 08:05 AM
    The thread was meant to be humurous. I've read until page 12 but i have decided to stop. Why can't we all just have a good laugh? The funniest things here are the people who can't chill! I dont know what you guys get by trying to counter every story people have about verizon!

Oh i dont use any american telco so don't bash me.
    08-06-09 08:45 AM
    I have asked those people to lighten up or bounce many times. It seems that there lifes a so miserable that they can't leave this thread alone. So sad to be them.

08-06-09 08:53 AM
    If you can't duplicate the issue then there is no problem. Had a CSR ask me if that was our policy. WTF
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-06-09 at 09:48 AM.
    08-06-09 09:46 AM
    Good morning all,

I was at a VZW store the other day trying to get a sync pod for my Tour and the rep told me that there wasn't any sync pods for the Tour because all it was used for was to display the clock and the Tour did not have that feature.
    I tried educationg him that the Tour did have this function and also that the sync pod was also used to charge, display, and sync with computer (like the name suggestes "Sync" pod) but he insisted on his ignorancy so I just had to let him be ignorant.
    08-06-09 09:55 AM
    lmao...I had a similar experience with over the phone CS

Good morning all,

I was at a VZW store the other day trying to get a sync pod for my Tour and the rep told me that there wasn't any sync pods for the Tour because all it was used for was to display the clock and the Tour did not have that feature.
    I tried educationg him that the Tour did have this function and also that the sync pod was also used to charge, display, and sync with computer (like the name suggestes "Sync" pod) but he insisted on his ignorancy so I just had to let him be ignorant.
    08-06-09 10:03 AM
    How about I went into a VZW corporate store yesterday to try and get my storm replaced again (5th time) for screen click issues. This is my 5th storm now due to numerous issues, each time being replaced by a refurb. When I first walked in, the tech looked at me as if I was an ***** and said "I can fix this." I was intrigued to know how so I played on. He proceeded to grab his business card, started folding it and said "This is gonna sound stupid...." I stopped him there, and told him to get me a new phone. He takes 1 and a half hours, comes back and finally gives me the phone, refurbished of course, and it has absolutely no click on the bottom of the screen. WTF!?
    08-06-09 10:56 AM
    Transferred today to a tech named john whose answer was "thanks for calling me, my name is john what can i do for you" Aren't all vzw callcenters supposed to say thanks for callin verizon wireless?
    08-06-09 02:03 PM
    Not neccessarily..Call centers have pre recorded scripts
    08-06-09 02:17 PM
    Not neccessarily..Call centers have pre recorded scripts
    Yeah we prerecord them but we are told to say Thanks for calling Verizon Wireless not something like Hi this is T*ts mcgee whats yo name?
    08-06-09 02:22 PM
    Wow, I am even gonna say that was a little much.... since this wasnt a self service isue, he wasnt wrong in saying what he said in that instance, but yes, should be promoting self service.
    Maybe so.... that Blue and Bold guy pisses me off. ha ha
    08-06-09 02:26 PM
    I hear that!
    08-06-09 02:29 PM
    He does that to a lot of people, and I say that of course with all the love hate and respect in the world
    08-06-09 07:01 PM
    One VZW rep told me he hadn't even heard of the Storm 2 and if i had any info could i share that was like July 23 WTF!!!!! How could he haven't even heard of it!! I refered him to crackberry.com
    we'll continue to tell you we haven't heard of it until it's released. That's called "preserving our jobs"
    08-06-09 07:29 PM
    Went to trade in my storm for another today (phone seperating) and the vz tech said he could cover it, but since it was over 30 days, i could get a "certified like new" phone. So I said That means its refurbished right? And he replied with, well, "certified like new", thats one of those four lettered words we're not allowed to say here. I found this somewhat amuzing. goin back tomorrow to get the replacement, they wanted to keep my phone over night
    08-12-09 10:13 PM
    He does that to a lot of people, and I say that of course with all the love hate and respect in the world
    Someone has to do that to people
    08-13-09 07:11 AM
    How about I went into a VZW corporate store yesterday to try and get my storm replaced again (5th time) for screen click issues. This is my 5th storm now due to numerous issues, each time being replaced by a refurb. When I first walked in, the tech looked at me as if I was an ***** and said "I can fix this." I was intrigued to know how so I played on. He proceeded to grab his business card, started folding it and said "This is gonna sound stupid...." I stopped him there, and told him to get me a new phone. He takes 1 and a half hours, comes back and finally gives me the phone, refurbished of course, and it has absolutely no click on the bottom of the screen. WTF!?
    and? this is nothing more than business as usual. he tried a fix on the phone for you so you wouldn't need a replacement and have to switch all your junk over (apps, etc. this can take a little bit and be an inconvenience) and you refused. and all replacements are CLNR. most carriers wont even replace a phone on the spot for you.

there arent enough FUNNY things in this thread, most of it is people complaining about policies they dont like. READ YOUR WELCOME GUIDE!

at least the other thread is funny.
    08-13-09 08:42 AM
    and? this is nothing more than business as usual. he tried a fix on the phone for you so you wouldn't need a replacement and have to switch all your junk over (apps, etc. this can take a little bit and be an inconvenience) and you refused. and all replacements are CLNR. most carriers wont even replace a phone on the spot for you.

there arent enough FUNNY things in this thread, most of it is people complaining about policies they dont like. READ YOUR WELCOME GUIDE!

at least the other thread is funny.
    Read the full title of the thread. "Funny" isn't the only criteria. And I'll add that, if folding a business card for insertion into the battery compartment of a Storm to fix a manufacturing defect qualifies as "policy," well, I think a "WTF?" is completely in order.
    08-13-09 08:57 AM
    This thread should be called stupid sh*t some people think is funny and a lot more complaints and a ton of boring sh*t ppl will have to read thru hoping that they may find something funny by page 20 but won't.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-13-09 at 09:27 AM.
    08-13-09 09:18 AM
    Sorry guys...this isn't funny either, but when I got off the phone yesterday with CSR I said...WTF?! I have an Alltel plan and just want to be able to pick up the VZW antenna that is 7/10 mile from where I live. In the "good old days" I was picking up a Sprint antenna through the Alltel network. Sprint towers are no longer in the PRL or tower mix so my service at home now sucks. I placed a follow up call to CSR yesterday and asked about tower convergence and when I might be able to pick up VZW antennas as part of my service. I was told I would never be able to do that as long as I was on an Alltel plan. It was also stated that the VZW goal is to get rid of every Alltel phone and plan ASAP. I see full page VZW ads in our local newspaper saying "BETTER TOGETHER". What a joke! So what is the REAL short term and long term plan for former Alltel customers? Is there anybody on the planet who can answer this as truth and fact? The only convergence for Alltel customers so far is billing. On a positive note, a retail tech called me yesterday and is working on a fix for my problem. As proof of the issue, I was at home and the call was dropped twice before we completed our 3 minute conversation.
    08-13-09 09:33 AM
304 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD