08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Are you kidding me? "keep calling in?" You dont work for Verizon do you? Do you know what one of the big initiatives is this year? Self Service. Do you know how much it costs the company each time someone calls in for a nonsense reason? I do, since you supposedly work in a call center, you should as well. "keep calling in" is the attitude that is going to get you promoted to "customer" that is even if you arent already.
    Is this self service initiative a ploy to save money and LOWER THE FEES FOR SERVICE... or to merely raise profits and let the good paying customers figure things out on their own... ?
    08-03-09 03:33 PM
    Are you kidding me? "keep calling in?" You dont work for Verizon do you? Do you know what one of the big initiatives is this year? Self Service. Do you know how much it costs the company each time someone calls in for a nonsense reason? I do, since you supposedly work in a call center, you should as well. "keep calling in" is the attitude that is going to get you promoted to "customer" that is even if you arent already.
    Well the poster didn't have a self service issue. So blue and bold was correct in saying call in. Unless you believe searching a forum is self service.. Don't think he meant everyone call in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:34 PM
    Is this self service initiative a ploy to save money and LOWER THE FEES FOR SERVICE... or to merely raise profits and let the good paying customers figure things out on their own... ?
    Things like esn changes and bill pay or self service. Not technical issues. Self service helps the customer mostly especially with hold times. And yes drives costs down.

08-03-09 03:36 PM
    My Tour came in the day that 5.0 leaked for the Storm. I was on the phone with CS and he mentioned he was wanting the Tour but would miss the touch screen on the Storm. I told him about 5.0 and directed him here. He said he was going to do it as soon as he got off work. He may be a member now.

Almost forgot, i also mentioned the post on the front page about someone taking a picture the "Blackberry Thunder" in the Verizon system. He went to check to see if he could see it but he never said anything else about it.
    08-03-09 03:37 PM
    Long story as to why this was happening, long story short: I get a new BB Wednesday......
    08-03-09 04:11 PM
    The self service initiative is to reduce the crowds in the stores. That's everyone's biggest complaint. Anything that can be done in the store can be done online or over the phone. There are way to many customers standing in line for way to simple issues, like someone else mentioned, such as esn changes, price plan changes, etc.
    08-03-09 05:42 PM
    True we get paid for so please keep calling in
    Please don't tell people to keep calling in. You should be pushing self serve.
    08-03-09 06:17 PM
    It's to raise profits to allow faster more vast network expansion and allow the hiring of new employees and the retention of current employees.
    08-03-09 06:18 PM
    Wow, I am even gonna say that was a little much.... since this wasnt a self service isue, he wasnt wrong in saying what he said in that instance, but yes, should be promoting self service.
    08-03-09 06:25 PM
    Why should VZW or RIM help you with problems on an unauthorized OS?

Are you speaking to me??? The problem was far from OS related Rookie!
    08-03-09 10:06 PM
    Well the way you jump to a conclusion doesn't make you seem like a vet.

08-04-09 07:47 AM
    Haha it doesn't matter how many people you tell about sso's ppl will continue to call in. Good to see you are following my posts(kinda getting weird)... And how much is it everytime someone calls in... As far as I knew its different for every call center... I know that most outsourced depending on the contract with vzw are between 8-12??? And direct "internal" is from 10-14... Could be wrong though.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-04-09 at 07:53 AM.
    08-04-09 07:51 AM
    He said that he was running a leaked OS.

Where you work whats the procedure with Leaked OS's? Normally like heather.law said in another thread we ask to at least downgrade to .148 or whatever legit OS the phone should be on, then we trouble shoot.
    08-04-09 08:02 AM
    Its the same here. I'm just saying that you can't blame RIM or VZW...it wasn't released officially for a reason.

Oh ok... fully agree its like problems with BBM 5.0 not our fault
    08-04-09 08:54 AM
    Oh MOD'S please close this thread!
    08-05-09 04:07 PM
    Oh MOD'S please close this thread!
    ...or it could be re-named after an old Clint Eastwood western: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
    08-05-09 04:24 PM
    Joey Moose, don't close it, just rename it.

How about

"Verizon Reps Who Can't Leave Their Name Tags At Work"

or my favorite. In recognition of their tireless, unpaid defence of VZW:

Defenders
    Of
    Verizon
    Everywhere

The dove cage.

(They have monogrammed jackets)

Some of you guys take your jobs WAY too seriously.

08-05-09 05:28 PM

Some of you guys take your jobs WAY too seriously.

...seriously?
    08-05-09 05:48 PM
    Haha, that pretty much proves your point! ROFL!!!

08-05-09 06:19 PM
    Employment is a mutually beneficial agreement. I don't think that the company I work for is bad, that's doesn't mean I'm their loyal champion. I am always up for constructive criticism, but all that this board has done is show that peoples expectations are ridiculous.

Actually, you don't appear to handle criticism very well. You are definitely a company man.

I guess avoiding the unemployment line makes me too serious.

So...Verizon pays you to post here? Is that how you avoid unemployment?

08-05-09 07:01 PM
    Do you think this thread is a serious thread? Lighten up buddy! Your off the clock!

08-05-09 08:17 PM
    Tit4tat get threads closed
    08-05-09 08:21 PM
    The lighten up's are hilarious considering this thread was created because someone got offended over the "Funny things customers say" thread...
    08-05-09 08:36 PM
    The lighten up's are hilarious considering this thread was created because someone got offended over the "Funny things customers say" thread...
    I may be wrong, as I often am, but I do believe the intention of this thread was to see if the Verizon employees and defenders would flock to it and counter every single post made.

If so, this thread is the milkman...as it delivers.
    08-05-09 08:53 PM
    The milkman!! Hahaa. I love it! These Rep's have little to no skin. Its so sweet watching them quote and bash everything said in this thread.

I wanted to close it because its like watching a car crash over and over. LOL!!

08-05-09 08:59 PM
304 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD