01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    cust: my daughters phone isnt working properly
    me: oh right, have you got the phone on you?
    cust: no
    me: do you know whats up with it?
    cust: no its jus not workin right
    me: whats her number, i`l see if its account based
    cust: dont know her number
    me: bye then! (or at least thats what i felt like sayin)

also dont you love it when people come in, with a MOBILE phone, and its not even turned on! i mean whats the point!!
    06-05-09 07:24 PM
    Ever see Shaq run up the court? Even he makes me look bad. Not a runner.

Wrestling, bicycling, lifting, yes. Sprinting, no.

Oh wait - you meant Dan Hesse & Co.

That wouldn't work either - they won't let me carry @ work & I'd be needing to put a whole lot of folks out of their misery.

Bell System. American Telephone & Telegraph. Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph.

I am beginning to think I may be the only one around here who ever sent/received a real telegram STOP I know Lastraid isn't old enough STOP I am certain Weekendbum isn't STOP Of course you need electricity for a telegram STOP Lastraid supposedly lives in a foreign place fueled by green chiles STOP

Sorry - I have done work for Sprint, but I have never worked for Sprint. Dated a girl once who was a Sprint operator (anyone remember operator assisted calls?) - she was a really odd piece of work, as was her circle of friends from work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

PSH I'm old enough! ... Not really.
    06-05-09 08:10 PM
    yea you gotta love it when they ask you your name and your wearing a nametag, just to add, everyone at vf tech has now watched sales guy vs tech dude, they loved it!!
    What's fun is when you see someone with a name tag but they are not at work (just left work stopped in at WM) and you greet them with "HI John." and watch their confused expression of How the heck did he know my name... most forget they still have a nametag on.
    06-05-09 08:41 PM
    I honestly hate when people do that, if you don't knw my name without looking at my nametag first then don't say it. Now after helping a customer if they say get thanks ___ that's fine, but otherwise I don't like it

What's fun is when you see someone with a name tag but they are not at work (just left work stopped in at WM) and you greet them with "HI John." and watch their confused expression of How the heck did he know my name... most forget they still have a nametag on.
    06-05-09 08:50 PM
    I honestly hate when people do that, if you don't knw my name without looking at my nametag first then don't say it. Now after helping a customer if they say get thanks ___ that's fine, but otherwise I don't like it
    Simple solution: Take off the nametag. Otherwise you're advertising. Its much like the redneck belts with the name on it - if you don't want others to know your name, don't wear one.

Better solution: Get a nametag with another name.

Best solution: Wear both nametags.

Why do people wear belts with their name carved into it? So they remember who they are when they pull their head out of their arse.

06-05-09 09:24 PM
    I can't really complain about Verizon at all, they're people are always super smart. And nice. When I got my new Curve on Spirnt, there were no service books on it, and i wanted my contacts over. the people at best buy couldn't do it, so i brought it to Verizon and they did it all for me for free.

So anyways, I brought it back to Best Buy, and I'm like, theres no data. No Sprint TV, no browser, no GPS, nothing.
    And I get "Uhm, I have Verizon, so I'm not sure how to do it." from the young lady at Best Buy
    "Uhmmm, okay. Bye"

And that is how I got to Verizon, with my Sprint BlackBerry.
    06-05-09 10:07 PM
    Anyone ever get the customers asking for home service, and then you explain you only do wireless.... Then they start yelling at you and fighting with you about it? I guess they expect that we are just kidding and actually have cable boxes in the back, and yelling at us will bring them out...

Our store has a kiosk inside of it for FIOS. That leads to some great scenes.
    06-06-09 12:09 AM
    I can't really complain about Verizon at all, they're people are always super smart.
    ROFLMBFTO!!! This is VZW we're talking about, not Raytheon or Halliburton or even Microsoft.

Took me about 5 minutes to recover from the hysterical laughter to actually respond after that.

06-06-09 01:08 AM
    There used to be one in a store I worked in, they closed it because they did no business

Our store has a kiosk inside of it for FIOS. That leads to some great scenes.
    06-06-09 08:30 AM
    I thought this was kind of humorus.

My hub is not working - after a few questions to figure out the problem, we found out they have plugged the unit into a regular wall phone jack. Now this is a VOIP telephone.
    06-06-09 09:16 AM
    I thought this was kind of humorus.

My hub is not working - after a few questions to figure out the problem, we found out they have plugged the unit into a regular wall phone jack. Now this is a VOIP telephone.
    Any idea how they accomplished this? Did they borrow my sledgehammer to fit that network plug into the smaller phone jack?

06-06-09 12:47 PM
    Any idea how they accomplished this? Did they borrow my sledgehammer to fit that network plug into the smaller phone jack?

Actually I think they used a standard plug and put the smaller plug in the back
    06-06-09 12:57 PM
    I am a verizon communications outside field tech. I was at a customers house today working on her land line, when I finished she asked what I did so I told her then she asked me why did my cell phone go dead when you started, I said excuse me she said when I got there she had a full batterie and after her dial tone came back her cell phone batterie dropped to one bar... Sometime stupidity runs rampant

06-06-09 01:27 PM

Then why wear the name tag? Is that not what it is for? I call people all the time by the name on their name tag, figured that is why they wear it.
    06-06-09 04:31 PM
    Then why wear the name tag? Is that not what it is for? I call people all the time by the name on their name tag, figured that is why they wear it.
    No doubt, huh?

I figure if you don't want people knowing your name, remove said nametag, bend over & shove it where the sun has never been. Make sure the pin is sticking out too.

06-06-09 04:40 PM
    As a customer I have to admit to being guilty of stupidity the other day. I picked up one of my cells to make a call and it wouldn't. I plugged it in figuring the battery was dead and it said "charging battery". Unplugged it after about an hour and it still wouldn't work. I grabbed my wife's phone and called 611 for help. CS asked if I had the phone in front of me and what was the problem? Then he asked if I could power the phone on...Uh Oh. Evidently one of my kids turned the phone off and I never thought to check that. This phone is NEVER turned off so I never assumed that it would have to be turned back on to work.
    06-06-09 04:40 PM
    "Does my nationwide plan cover alaska?"
    "No ma'am, we gave alaska back to Russia. You didn't hear?"
    06-06-09 04:45 PM
    As a customer I have to admit to being guilty of stupidity the other day. I picked up one of my cells to make a call and it wouldn't. I plugged it in figuring the battery was dead and it said "charging battery". Unplugged it after about an hour and it still wouldn't work. I grabbed my wife's phone and called 611 for help. CS asked if I had the phone in front of me and what was the problem? Then he asked if I could power the phone on...Uh Oh. Evidently one of my kids turned the phone off and I never thought to check that. This phone is NEVER turned off so I never assumed that it would have to be turned back on to work.
    At least you can admit it, I think we've all had our moments .
    06-06-09 04:54 PM
    Oh trust me I don't wear it by choice....
    06-06-09 08:56 PM
    Oh trust me I don't wear it by choice....
    amen to that
    06-06-09 09:03 PM
    No lie, had a customer come into my store today complaining about their phone not working. After attempting a few trouble shooting things I noticed they were available for an upgrade. Long story short, got them sold on a phone with 4 accessories. Got to the counter didnt want to sign a contract, stated without the contract the phone was considerably more expensive. They then started yelling and screaming about how they have been with us for 24 years... The customer standing directly next to them leaned over and told them to stop being dumb because we have not even been a company for 24 years. They stormed out while yelling... "Verizon Sucks!!! Im going to Sprint!!!" Then trips on the edge of the curb and falls and breaks phone. Bad day to be them, they looked stupid multiple times.
    06-07-09 12:09 AM
    they bought the pre
    06-07-09 03:56 AM
    Best Thread Ever. I'm thinking about going to the local store and trying them out.
    06-07-09 04:21 AM
    they bought the pre
    ROFL! As distinct from rolling around the sidewalk clutching a broken phone.
    06-07-09 05:53 AM
    On one occasion I was called at 11pm by a ship, "The stability computer doesn't work". Now as you can imagine, stability is a pretty important consideration for a ship so I was waiting on the dockside when it arrived at 5am next morning.

OK, captain is right, the display is blank. Hang on a moment, the power light is green on the computer but nothing on the display (this is a big 21" CRT monitor, and it's bolted down so it doesn't move at sea). Pokes finger at switch, Nope, no change, still no picture. Maybe no input power, I'll check. Hand down the back of the display to find the power cord, unplug from the display and push multimeter probes into the connector. Nope, no volts.

Now we're getting somewhere. I'll check the socket which is right behind the monitor (remember it's bolted down) in a rat's nest of cables so everything is done by touch. Struggle to get the connector back in the monitor, then follow the cord, running a hand along it to find the correct socket. Ah...It has a standard UK plug (these have an internal fuse) so maybe it's the fuse. I started prying the plug from the socket to bring it out and check the fuse, when it occurred to me that my fingers were very close to potentially live parts and my eyes would light up some. Maybe... yes there's a switch on the socket so I'll switch off the power before I continue... Oh! the switch is already Off. CLICK!!

I heard the crackle of static as the screen powered up and the picture appeared.
    06-07-09 06:22 AM
1,313 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD