01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Here is an nice short one I always liked.
    Rats - he corrected it before I got it quoted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It still has mistakes. Should be:
    "Here is a short one I always liked."

Or for the obsessive compulsive:
    "Here is a short one that I have always liked."
    06-03-09 11:11 PM
    Like said my typing has a bit to be desired. Love FETs (Future English Teachers) OYE!
    06-03-09 11:16 PM
    Back to topic.

Rep - you can dial #min and get a free text message with how many minutes you have used.

Cust - will I be charged for the text message?

Rep - pause to ponder the prior statement.
    06-03-09 11:21 PM
    Back to topic.

Rep - you can dial #min and get a free text message with how many minutes you have used.

Cust - will I be charge for the text message.

Rep - pause to ponder the prior statement.
    HAHAHA... similar to the people that ask if the unlimited minute plan includes nights and weekends...
    06-03-09 11:22 PM
    walked on to the plane last week and lady in front of me asked the stewardess when she boarded if she has to walk down this aisle to get to her seat (there was only one aisle) , couldnt hold back and said excuse me ma'am i would double check becasue i think the back seats dont go to venice...guess what...she went back to the stewardess to double check!
    Sorry to break a thread on cellphones but couldnt resist!
    06-04-09 12:18 PM
    Not cell phone or VZW related. I often swing by a store on my way home from work (or venture out at lunch). I guess because of my attire (suit), other customers think I work there and ask questions. For a long time I said, "Sorry I don't work here." I often wondered why I was approached, especially since not many employees at Walmart [or Home Depot or 7-Eleven or Staples or Burger King] wear a suit. More recently, I began saying, "Sorry, I'm on my break. You'll have to find another associate to help you."

P.S. I have to admit that I DO sometimes insert myself when a store rep is way off base. I was in a "large national hardware store" last week when I overhead a rep give totally misleading information about a particular painting question (he was clearly guessing and shooting from the hip). I pulled the customer to the side and gave her the real scoop.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 06-04-09 at 03:53 PM.
    06-04-09 03:08 PM
    Not cell phone or VZW related. I often swing by a store on my way home from work (or venture out at lunch). I guess because of my attire (suit), other customers think I work there and ask questions. For a long time I said, "Sorry I don't work here." I often wondered why I was approached, especially since not many employees at Walmart [or Home Depot or 7-Eleven or Staples or Burger King] wear a suit. More recently, I began saying, "Sorry, I'm on my break. You'll have to find another associate to help you."
    I got this at Target once. I was wearing workout clothes (sweats and my hair up in a royal mess). The guy was like, "Excuse me, do you work here?" I looked down at my clothes, looked back at him, and replied, "Um... no?" I guess when you shop at a store often enough and you look like you know where things are, you just emit a presence of "I know what's going on in this store". *shrug*
    06-04-09 03:15 PM
    Lol I remember when I worked at a pharmacy people would ask if I worked there.... I would be wearing the khakis and blue polo shirt and wearing my nametag.... I would say no and walk away ha ha!

06-04-09 03:36 PM
    Like said my typing has a bit to be desired. Love FETs (Future English Teachers) OYE!
    Awwww don't take offense to anything I say. I love you and twins, just poking fun.

06-04-09 04:44 PM
    Lol I remember when I worked at a pharmacy people would ask if I worked there.... I would be wearing the khakis and blue polo shirt and wearing my nametag.... I would say no and walk away ha ha!

yea you gotta love it when they ask you your name and your wearing a nametag, just to add, everyone at vf tech has now watched sales guy vs tech dude, they loved it!!
    06-04-09 07:31 PM
    is it just me, or when a customer comes in with a bb, and they complain of poor battery power, you go into switch apps, and they always go `whats that screen? how did you get that?` and thats when you find out theyve got EVERY app in the world running!!!
    06-04-09 07:35 PM
    is it just me, or when a customer comes in with a bb, and they complain of poor battery power, you go into switch apps, and they always go `whats that screen? how did you get that?` and thats when you find out theyve got EVERY app in the world running!!!
    haha yeah... happens all the time... A customer came in today.... complaining he cant make calls at his house.... i ask if he has service... "no.... why, do i need it?" *slaps forehead*
    06-04-09 07:59 PM

yes this is true but something you can't really nock...

smartphones are advanced devices that not everyone is used to...
    06-04-09 08:43 PM
    twinsdad u sound like a sprint trainer
    06-05-09 02:14 AM
    oh and btw im so glad this thread is back ty ty very much
    06-05-09 02:29 AM
    I can see how you would be like 'wtf' about that but you shouldn't be. When I first got a bb last year I was with Sprint. I bought the red curve. I loved it. They set up a few things for me. But they never showed me how to do anything or explained how to close out of things properly. They just told me to hit the back button. So I never thought twice about how I was doing things. Then I was having problems with it and the people at the store couldn't figure out why. So they gave me a warranty phone. When I got the warranty phone I googled it and ended up finding what I needed and learned a lot more about my phone than I ever thought. I had read the manual and everything. But wasn't amazingly informative. So when someone comes in and you see that maybe they were told something different or they were never shown how to do things the right way. Whenever one of my friends gets a bb I help them learn how to use it the proper way so that they don't have to go in or wonder why their phone isn't working properly. Sometimes all a person needs is for someone to teach them. How are we to learn if we are not taught?
    06-05-09 12:47 PM
    I can see how you would be like 'wtf' about that but you shouldn't be. When I first got a bb last year I was with Sprint. I bought the red curve. I loved it. They set up a few things for me. But they never showed me how to do anything or explained how to close out of things properly. They just told me to hit the back button. So I never thought twice about how I was doing things. Then I was having problems with it and the people at the store couldn't figure out why. So they gave me a warranty phone. When I got the warranty phone I googled it and ended up finding what I needed and learned a lot more about my phone than I ever thought. I had read the manual and everything. But wasn't amazingly informative. So when someone comes in and you see that maybe they were told something different or they were never shown how to do things the right way. Whenever one of my friends gets a bb I help them learn how to use it the proper way so that they don't have to go in or wonder why their phone isn't working properly. Sometimes all a person needs is for someone to teach them. How are we to learn if we are not taught?
    I agree and that what reps and sites like this do. Do not take anything you read here personally. This is just a way for reps to vent and share funny stories we come across all the time.
    06-05-09 12:50 PM
    I would imagine that's the next part of the story, where they say "Here is why your battery is draining and let me show you how to avoid that.".
    06-05-09 01:38 PM
    twinsdad u sound like a sprint trainer
    Ever see Shaq run up the court? Even he makes me look bad. Not a runner.

Wrestling, bicycling, lifting, yes. Sprinting, no.

Oh wait - you meant Dan Hesse & Co.

That wouldn't work either - they won't let me carry @ work & I'd be needing to put a whole lot of folks out of their misery.

Bell System. American Telephone & Telegraph. Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph.

I am beginning to think I may be the only one around here who ever sent/received a real telegram STOP I know Lastraid isn't old enough STOP I am certain Weekendbum isn't STOP Of course you need electricity for a telegram STOP Lastraid supposedly lives in a foreign place fueled by green chiles STOP

Sorry - I have done work for Sprint, but I have never worked for Sprint. Dated a girl once who was a Sprint operator (anyone remember operator assisted calls?) - she was a really odd piece of work, as was her circle of friends from work.

06-05-09 02:37 PM
    I am beginning to think I may be the only one around here who ever sent/received a real telegram STOP I know Lastraid isn't old enough STOP I am certain Weekendbum isn't STOP Of course you need electricity for a telegram STOP Lastraid supposedly lives in a foreign place fueled by green chiles STOP.

You are correct - I do not remember crank phones either, just rotary. But if I admit that then my line of, I was a busboy at the last supper will not work anymore.

Funny thing was actually yesterday, the first 5 people I told that David Carradine has died. They actually asked me who he was
    06-05-09 02:46 PM
    I remember when you only had to dial the last 5 digits of the number, didn't even need the full prefix. We also had a 2-party line for a while as a kid. Had to wait for the neighbors to get off the line to make a call...

I remember when a "cordless phone" meant you were missing an important part of the device...
    06-05-09 02:56 PM
    Anyone ever get the customers asking for home service, and then you explain you only do wireless.... Then they start yelling at you and fighting with you about it? I guess they expect that we are just kidding and actually have cable boxes in the back, and yelling at us will bring them out...

06-05-09 03:12 PM
    You are correct - I do not remember crank phones either, just rotary. But if I admit that then my line of, I was a busboy at the last supper will not work anymore.

Funny thing was actually yesterday, the first 5 people I told that David Carradine has died. They actually asked me who he was
    I remember when you only had to dial the last 5 digits of the number, didn't even need the full prefix. We also had a 2-party line for a while as a kid. Had to wait for the neighbors to get off the line to make a call...

I remember when a "cordless phone" meant you were missing an important part of the device...
    I can relate to all of that, especially the David Carradine part. The five digit dial is still in memory as well as the old practice of giving names to telephone exchanges, like RIchmond9-1234 or SUnset3-9876. They usually listed them like SU3-9876.

Back a bit to the OP. One closer to subject than the other.

My mom started with the local telco close to 50 years ago, as an operator. I still get a chuckle when I recall her own foulup. She was taking a Collect Call to a supplier from a local store known as Farley's Hardware. This was before toll-free numbers. When she announced the call, she said, "I have a collect call from Harley's Fartware, will you accept the charges?" She immediately tried to correct her faus paus, but did it again... Twice.

Another one (closer to the concept of things customers say) was one weekend I was doing a ridealong with a police officer in the Phoenix Deuce, a notoriusly bad area of town. We were responding to a barking dog complaint, somewhere close to 9PM. We came across this group of small children, not uncommon in this area of town, even at that time of the evening. This little boy asked us if we were there to arrest his uncle. The officer I was with responded to him by saying, "well no, son, why would we want to do that?" The little boy shot back, "because he is dealing cocaine again."

6 arrested & nearly a pound of cocaine confiscated.

Little boy lived with his mother downstairs & was not taken from her.

06-05-09 04:51 PM
    haha, i had to read this one twice, someone just started a thread on the vf forum, the question was `what does the hide function do?`

oh dear!!!
    06-05-09 05:09 PM
    Anyone ever get the customers asking for home service, and then you explain you only do wireless.... Then they start yelling at you and fighting with you about it? I guess they expect that we are just kidding and actually have cable boxes in the back, and yelling at us will bring them out...

06-05-09 07:06 PM
1,313 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD