01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Thread destroyed by participants. Closed for cleanup.

Later... All Off Topic posts and references to the Troll who worked so hard to destroy a thread have been removed and the thread re-opened.

Please continue posting and be aware that further attempts to wreck the thread or harass other members will get a firm response from moderators.
    06-02-09 09:04 PM
    thanks cause these stuff is funny
    06-03-09 07:47 AM
    2 things.... First a big thanks to branta for cleaning up and reopening the thread! You have made many people happy!

Second, I will be updating the origional post tonight around 8PM et..... I would like everyone to go back and read it then. In the mean time, if there is a troll, ignore it. Do not respond. Just report it and the mods will take care of it.

Thanks to all the positive contributors and keep the laughs coming!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:52 AM
    KUDOS to the Moderator and thank you for the support in not letting the few ruin it for the many.

Had a mod call me once could not find the delete key on the BB
    06-03-09 08:01 AM
    Thanks for reopening this. A good laugh is always needed and this thread had some. Anyone ever go to Customers Suck! For those who suffer at the hands of customers of all types - Introduction ? AWESOME site!!!
    06-03-09 09:32 AM
    Ya this thread is funny, Im glad its back.
    06-03-09 09:33 AM
    Also in the automotive industry, light maintenance shop. This happened about a month ago.

"My car is making a really wierd knocking noise"

Well how long since you last changed your oil?

"About 3 thousand miles ago"

So I checked the oil dipstick, there is NOTHING on there. The vehicle had no prior history at our shop. So I looked and the maintenance reminder sticker is still on the windshield. So I check the date...10/14/99. I was thinking 1999?!?!?! So I said: "ma'am, your last oil change was 10 YEARS ago! You're supposed to do it every 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever comes first"

"you mean they were serious about the 3 months thing??"

I had to excuse myself.
    Feel like I should mention this, took my car in for an oil change today. Had it since November, first change.... 10,000 miles overdue. I rock.

06-03-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks for reopening this. A good laugh is always needed and this thread had some. Anyone ever go to Customers Suck! For those who suffer at the hands of customers of all types - Introduction ? AWESOME site!!!
    Visited that site where customer suck..
    Very Funny. Lol.
    06-03-09 09:51 AM
    Aww my tazer phone one got deleted...

Had a customer come in asking for the "Tazer" phone instead of the Razr. This was about three years after they first came out.
    06-03-09 06:14 PM
    This happens at least once a week:

Customer comes in and says, " My phone is dead!"

Me: "What do you mean by dead?"

Customer: " I dropped it in the toilet."

Customer then attempts to hand me his phone...... *crickets*
    06-03-09 06:23 PM

ohhh yuck!
    06-03-09 06:32 PM

*looks over at the box of gloves and blows them a kiss*
    06-03-09 06:35 PM
    Just want to appologize for giving the flamer a reason to post more flames in this thread.
    06-03-09 06:58 PM
    I read a post on HoFo about a rep getting handed a dusty phone only to have the customer state "I work in a mortuary, it fell in an urn"...so much worse than the toilet IMO.
    06-03-09 07:00 PM
    My flight got diverted and delayed once when leaving Hawaii. While we were waiting and just about to get cleared, this woman comes out of the bathroom and tells the stewardess that she just dropped her phone down the toilet. SO then we had to wait for a guy to come fish it out because they couldn't take off because it might still be on. The guy comes out of the bathroom with a plastic bucket and a rubber glove and asks the lady if she wants it back. She has to think about it for a minute and then said No!
    06-03-09 07:02 PM
    All,

I have updated the origional post. Please go back and read over it.

Thanks...

Fun story. Last night i had a customer in who wanted a blackberry... He had a palm treo and had the coolest thing i have seen in a while that the treo would not work with... ready? Bluetooth Hearing Aids. The phone connects to something he wears around his next and that relays the sound from the phone to his hearing aids. No headset or anything. Very cool. And he said something next that made me just crack up.. "If im gonna be a geezer, im at least going to have fun with it!" Best customer in 3 months. Had a bunch of laughs with him... If you are reading this, THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS!
    06-03-09 07:23 PM
    Years ago, I was a trainer for what was then the world's largest phone company. I had my initial training class in their "nesting period" or that time toward the end of their training where they started taking live calls & had a lot of floor support, before they joined their team.

Trainers were management level & only managers were allowed to handle takeovers - those times when the customer demanded a supervisor (we trained people how to diffuse these issues, so it was rare) or when the customer became abusive. While in training, we were much easier on the takeover process - after they were past 30 days with their team, it wasn't uncommon for management to decline a takeover. In this case, I had to. In fact, I initiated the takeover, because this lady would have none of what my new rep was telling her & my new rep didn't see the problem either.

I was listening in on the conversation & this little old lady was using language that would've made General Patton blush. I knew it was a little old lady, because we had birthdates, socials, etc. It was the way of the old Bell System. This one was in her 90s - still with her faculties and she was from the old school & would not let a young female voice tell her what to do. So I sent the rep a popup (think IM) that simply stated "TRANSFER HER TO ME NOW."

My new rep was startled, which wasn't uncommon - they often had that deer in headlights look anyway, but she managed to get the customer to shut up long enough to initiate the transfer.

The caller's tone changed dramatically with my deep male voice & she seemed to be pleased that a manager wanted to look at her bill. Of course, since I had been listening to the entire call (and let it run long to see how my rep would handle it), I knew her complaint, but I let her restate it anyway.

What used to be a long-distance bill of less than $10/month had ballooned to $200 - and I got to hear her opinion on Social Security & what a ripoff that "communist pyramid scheme plot" really was I heard how she couldn't afford that kind of bill.

Now bear in mind I already knew I was going to make large adjustments to her bill, even though she caused the charges. Her son had recently moved to the Atlanta, GA area - then there was still one NPA for Atlanta & that was 404. Before this, this poor lady had only called within her state. But now she had calls to Georgia, which was a small part of her problem. The larger portion was multiple calls to the United Kingdom. She had no calling plans to reduce her charges to either location.
    I looked up the information for the number in Georgia & sure enough, the last names matched & she confirmed the listed name was her son - even though she couldn't remember his phone number & swore the one appearing on the bill couldn't be his. Of greater consternation to her were the UK calls. But I saw a pattern. The UK calls were all within a minute or two of the calls to Georgia. The calls to Georgia were all under 5 minutes long & looking at the son's bill in Georgia (and adjusting for time zone differences) there were calls from his number to hers, usually right after she hung up.

It was obvious to me that she was calling him, then to save her money, the son was calling her back. But there was still the qustion of the UK calls. Well, as telco people & international callers know, the country code for the UK is 44. To call the UK from within North America, one must dial 011+44+City Code+Number. Or for operator assisted calls (collect, person-to-person, etc) one would use 01+44+City Code+Number. The UK numvers on the bill were all station-to-station operator assisted calls. With automated operator assistance, if you didn't select an option, the call would be completed as a regular station-to-station call. This meant a operator assistance charge of somewhere around $4 plus a per minute rate with a minimum of one minute. Without a plan, this put her one-minute wrong number calls at about $5 each, which adds up quickly. Why was it obvious to me that they were wrong numbers? Each was one minute & the local phone number matched her son's phone number. She meant to dial 1+404+Number, but was getting confused and was often dialing 01+44+Number.

I tried explaining this to her & educate her on dialing protocol, but was never certain she quite understood. She continued to claim we were trying to rob her & that all big companies think old people are easy ripoff marks. To her, this was how we made our money.

I agreed to adjust all of the UK calls as wrong numbers and even backdated a free domestic calling plan to reduce her calls within the US, bringing the per minute charges down to 5 or 10 cents per minute, depending on call time. I even got her to agree to a free international calling block & promised to review her next bill for calls which hadn't been billed yet. This made her happy, but she couldn't resist telling me at the end of the call that this should serve notice to the company that she wouldn't tolerate us ripping her off and that she would never call red communists in England. Was she thinking of Redcoats? I will never know, as that dear lady probably passed from this earth many years ago, by now.

Just remember - the Redcoats are coming & they are looking to run up your phone bill.

Posted from my BellSystemBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 08:04 PM
    Here is a nice short one I always liked.

Rep - So where are you located to day

Cust- anywhere america and you?

Rep - I am in New Mexico

Cust - wow your english is really good.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-03-09 at 10:17 PM. Reason: grammer repair
    06-03-09 08:10 PM
    Years ago, I was a trainer for what was then the world's largest phone company. I had my initial training class in their "nesting period" or that time toward the end of their training where they started taking live calls & had a lot of floor support, before they joined their team.

Trainers were management level & only managers were allowed to handle takeovers - those times when the customer demanded a supervisor (we trained people how to diffuse these issues, so it was rare) or when the customer became abusive. While in training, we were much easier on the takeover process - after they were past 30 days with their team, it wasn't uncommon for management to decline a takeover. In this case, I had to. In fact, I initiated the takeover, because this lady would have none of what my new rep was telling her & my new rep didn't see the problem either.

I was listening in on the conversation & this little old lady was using language that would've made General Patton blush. I knew it was a little old lady, because we had birthdates, socials, etc. It was the way of the old Bell System. This one was in her 90s - still with her faculties and she was from the old school & would not let a young female voice tell her what to do. So I sent the rep a popup (think IM) that simply stated "TRANSFER HER TO ME NOW."

My new rep was startled, which wasn't uncommon - they often had that deer in headlights look anyway, but she managed to get the customer to shut up long enough to initiate the transfer.

The caller's tone changed dramatically with my deep male voice & she seemed to be pleased that a manager wanted to look at her bill. Of course, since I had been listening to the entire call (and let it run long to see how my rep would handle it), I knew her complaint, but I let her restate it anyway.

What used to be a long-distance bill of less than $10/month had ballooned to $200 - and I got to hear her opinion on Social Security & what a ripoff that "communist pyramid scheme plot" really was I heard how she couldn't afford that kind of bill.

Now bear in mind I already knew I was going to make large adjustments to her bill, even though she caused the charges. Her son had recently moved to the Atlanta, GA area - then there was still one NPA for Atlanta & that was 404. Before this, this poor lady had only called within her state. But now she had calls to Georgia, which was a small part of her problem. The larger portion was multiple calls to the United Kingdom. She had no calling plans to reduce her charges to either location.
    I looked up the information for the number in Georgia & sure enough, the last names matched & she confirmed the listed name was her son - even though she couldn't remember his phone number & swore the one appearing on the bill couldn't be his. Of greater consternation to her were the UK calls. But I saw a pattern. The UK calls were all within a minute or two of the calls to Georgia. The calls to Georgia were all under 5 minutes long & looking at the son's bill in Georgia (and adjusting for time zone differences) there were calls from his number to hers, usually right after she hung up.

It was obvious to me that she was calling him, then to save her money, the son was calling her back. But there was still the qustion of the UK calls. Well, as telco people & international callers know, the country code for the UK is 44. To call the UK from within North America, one must dial 011+44+City Code+Number. Or for operator assisted calls (collect, person-to-person, etc) one would use 01+44+City Code+Number. The UK numvers on the bill were all station-to-station operator assisted calls. With automated operator assistance, if you didn't select an option, the call would be completed as a regular station-to-station call. This meant a operator assistance charge of somewhere around $4 plus a per minute rate with a minimum of one minute. Without a plan, this put her one-minute wrong number calls at about $5 each, which adds up quickly. Why was it obvious to me that they were wrong numbers? Each was one minute & the local phone number matched her son's phone number. She meant to dial 1+404+Number, but was getting confused and was often dialing 01+44+Number.

I tried explaining this to her & educate her on dialing protocol, but was never certain she quite understood. She continued to claim we were trying to rob her & that all big companies think old people are easy ripoff marks. To her, this was how we made our money.

I agreed to adjust all of the UK calls as wrong numbers and even backdated a free domestic calling plan to reduce her calls within the US, bringing the per minute charges down to 5 or 10 cents per minute, depending on call time. I even got her to agree to a free international calling block & promised to review her next bill for calls which hadn't been billed yet. This made her happy, but she couldn't resist telling me at the end of the call that this should serve notice to the company that she wouldn't tolerate us ripping her off and that she would never call red communists in England. Was she thinking of Redcoats? I will never know, as that dear lady probably passed from this earth many years ago, by now.

Just remember - the Redcoats are coming & they are looking to run up your phone bill.

Posted from my BellSystemBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL, everything is a consperacy against old ladies.
    06-03-09 08:11 PM
    Here is an nice short one I always liked.

Rep - I am in New Mexico

Are you sure your English is that good?

Posted from my GrammarPoliceBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 08:12 PM
    Here is an nice short one I always liked.

Rep - I am in New Mexico

HAHAHAHAHAHAA thats awesome... Because obviously everyone in new maxico is spanish
    06-03-09 08:13 PM
    Rats - he corrected it before I got it quoted.

06-03-09 08:15 PM
    Rats - he corrected it before I got it quoted.

I have to win now and again
    06-03-09 08:25 PM
    Aww my tazer phone one got deleted...

Had a customer come in asking for the "Tazer" phone instead of the Razr. This was about three years after they first came out.
    I had a guy asking about the "G-Spot" phone, I couldn't help but actually laugh, and tell him that's the first time I had heard the GZone called that.
    06-03-09 09:54 PM
    Are you sure your English is that good?

Posted from my GrammarPoliceBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    English is fine, typing on the other hand ...
    06-03-09 09:59 PM
1,313 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD