01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 45678 ...
tools
    You mean take responsability for my actions??? Who does that anymore it *has* to be someone else' fault.. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 05:25 AM
    This thread is hysterical! I'm a Verizon customer and greatly appreciate you guys & gals. I just got my bb a few months ago. The morning after I was having problems connecting my bb to my computer. Called support and the rep helped me for an hour trying everything until the only option left was a faulty charge port on the phone. By the end of the phone call we were likethis. Thanks for everything and keep the stories coming!
    06-01-09 07:14 AM
    This isn't phone related but thought ya'll wwould get a kick out of this---

I had an end user call me with a problem I couldn't reproduc
    ,I asked he to send a print screen of what she was seeing-
    even walked he through pasting it in an email. Called her back
    The next day letting he know I didn't get it- she said she sent it
    -asked he to send it again-----

A couple days later I rec'd an enevlope in the mail- with a picture
    of her monitor taken with a camera!!!!!

That pic is still hanging up above my desk!!!!

06-01-09 07:39 AM
    This isn't phone related but thought ya'll wwould get a kick out of this---

I had an end user call me with a problem I couldn't reproduc
    ,I asked he to send a print screen of what she was seeing-
    even walked he through pasting it in an email. Called her back
    The next day letting he know I didn't get it- she said she sent it
    -asked he to send it again-----

A couple days later I rec'd an enevlope in the mail- with a picture
    of her monitor taken with a camera!!!!!

That pic is still hanging up above my desk!!!!

OMG, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! She was probably a cute little old lady, gotta love the elderly!
    06-01-09 12:37 PM
    also another one i had today, really did supprise me

cust: hi there, im having some trouble with my phone (a nokia 5800)
    me: ok, what seems to be the problem
    cust: i cant get the wifi to work in my house
    me: oh ok, what wireless router have you got
    cust: uh i havent got one!!!

needless to say, that was a very short conversation
    06-01-09 12:43 PM
    just got a customer who asked when the new blueberry coming out ?
    blueberry sir ?
    yea the one thats going to take the iphone out!
    oh u must mean a blackberry
    no blackberries are a things of the past (his words not mine)
    so i decided to humor him and asked where he got that info from (maybe there is a blueberry and i am uninformed )
    lol lol he took me to a webpage that was some weird joke from an random email he got that turned his screen blue
    06-01-09 01:02 PM
    LOVE this thread I've worked CS for a long time, I think the best one was a woman who said she couldn't log in, I asked her why not and she said the computer wasn't typing in her password correctly, I hopped on and took a look she said see right here its just typing a bunch of *******, that is NOT my password, LOL

I just bought my BB recently and the sales girl said she's had ppl coming in asking if they can make their phones waterproof b/c they saw it in a sprint ad, she laughs every time and explains that its just for insurance.
    06-01-09 01:54 PM
    have you seen the youtube video
    Sales guy vs Tech dude: the website is down????

LMAO
    omg, that was HEEELARIOUS! I watched it like 8 times...too funny!
    06-01-09 02:26 PM
    u know the ppl that read this that r customers have jobs and they probly lol at the ppl they have to deal with thats human nature but in the end aslong as we fix ur issue thats what u pay us for and as u paying us no u dont u pay to use a phone ur in no way intitled to have a rep help u just like in no way does a cop have to show up every time u want one
    06-01-09 02:31 PM
    Roflmao, I can relate I work in customer service for a cable company and our customers are just as "special".
    Example 1 (one of my faves)
    I had a customer call to program his remote
    Cust: the red light won't stay lit
    Me: are you holding the tv and select button at the same time?
    Cust: No......... The directions say to press them simultaneously!!!!
    Me:LMAO

Example 2
    Cust: I have a black screen on my tv
    Me: Is there a green light over the button that say power?
    Cust: No
    Me: Can you please press the power button?
    Cust: OMG it worked!!! What did you do?

Example 3 (last one)
    Cust: My tv and cable box won't power on
    Me: Can you check that they're plugged in.
    Cust: Its plugged in.... But its not just the cable out we don't have any power in our house.
    Me: The cable box will not work if you have a power outage
    Cust: Oh I thought you could send me some power through my cable line.

Yeah, those cable TV customers are "special"....I've been dealing with them for 13 years. They get just a little more special every day.....
    06-01-09 10:30 PM
    I'm in the car maintenance bidness(joke) and I seriously get these questions

"are you gona need my keys to pull the car in?"
    My reply "not if you get behind and push"

"is there a difference between a 4 wheel alignment and a 2 wheel"
    My reply " nope just don't be a math teacher"
    She said "what?"
    "you look like your good at science"
    "I am?"

"when you rotate my tires can you check and see if I have a flat?"
    My reply "was it flat when you drove it here?"
    "no"

And the most annoying question is........
    " how come when you lift my car you yell "going up"
    My reply "would you feel better if I yelled falling off the lift"

06-01-09 11:07 PM

She said "what?"
    "I am?"

"no"

nice haha I like the math teacher one
    06-01-09 11:18 PM
    I have to share this one. I had a nurse at the hospital I work trying to page me this weekend. The unit clerk realized when the nurse tried to page me for the 3rd time that she was dialing the # for the pager and then hanging up without entering the callback #. I told her the telepathy on the paging system was not working and they weren't sure they were going to get it back up again LOL
    06-01-09 11:26 PM
    The guy who came in .. sd he was having multiple problems with his Dare. I could find nothing wrong and explained to him that I could not replace it. Suddenly the phone whizzed by my head .. bounced off the wall .. pieces flying everywhere. "now you have to fix it!" he screamed as the mrg escoted him out.

Same type situation but this guy just crushed his phone with his bare hand... into a zillion pieces. His girlfriend later came back and apologized for him.

"what kind of a phone do you have, Sir?"
    "a black one"

"what do you mean you can't fix it? I don't want it replaced. I don't want to upgrade. I want this phone fix!"
    "I'm sorry, Ma'am, We fix them by replacing them"
    "I'll just go to another carrier"
    and once more as she reaches the door..
    "I'll go to another carrier who will fix my phone"
    note .. this is a 4 year old phone

"what do you mean I have to have 2 lines available to get a blackberry and the free one?"

"why should I have to pay my $1000+ past due to get my phone replaced for free?"

I could go on....
    06-01-09 11:47 PM

She said "what?"
    "I am?"

"no"

Also in the automotive industry, light maintenance shop. This happened about a month ago.

"My car is making a really wierd knocking noise"

Well how long since you last changed your oil?

"About 3 thousand miles ago"

So I checked the oil dipstick, there is NOTHING on there. The vehicle had no prior history at our shop. So I looked and the maintenance reminder sticker is still on the windshield. So I check the date...10/14/99. I was thinking 1999?!?!?! So I said: "ma'am, your last oil change was 10 YEARS ago! You're supposed to do it every 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever comes first"

"you mean they were serious about the 3 months thing??"

I had to excuse myself.
    06-02-09 12:05 AM
    Back in high school I used to work at a grocery store as a cashier... You wouldnt even know how many times people asked me if i was open with me standing at my register with my light on......Ive always wanted to reply......No im not open im just killing time until i go home, you can go to the person next to me because he is open (meanwhile he is doing the exact samething I am)
    06-02-09 12:30 AM
    I had an attorney ranting at me with a list of things that were wrong, basically EVERYTHING, according to him altho this is the first report to us and he ends it with:

"...and this Blackberry keeps locking up and I have to pull the battery out to be able to do anything with it!"

He pulls it out, looks at it and says: "See it's locked up again!"

I look and it's the "Keypad is Locked - Press * [green button] to unlock" message.

It took all my self-control to explain it to him without being sarcastic...
    06-02-09 01:36 AM
    related story

lady in walmart ask the associate for help getting a battery for her home phone...guy says "sure i can help you with that, did you bring the phone with you?" the lady opens her purse and pulls out the base unit for her cordless phone, "guy says he needs the actual phone or at least the battery" she says "why do i need that?"...i can see the look of anguish on the guys face=priceless
    06-02-09 08:21 AM
    im not a CSR but people seem to always ask me questions about their devices and carriers.....

a little off the subject kinda but WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FROM HERE ON THAT UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN FREE!!! i hate when people ask me why they gotta charge for data/net or texting becasue they have free texting and free internet!
    06-02-09 09:19 AM
    " if I buy more will you give me a discount"
    I hear this a lot. Why would you pay more than you owe to get a discount that will not even get you close to the original price!

06-02-09 10:44 AM
    im not a CSR but people seem to always ask me questions about their devices and carriers.....

a little off the subject kinda but WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FROM HERE ON THAT UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN FREE!!! i hate when people ask me why they gotta charge for data/net or texting becasue they have free texting and free internet!
    Right after someone figures out the logic of how an Unlimited service can have a limit.
    06-02-09 03:01 PM
    I had a customer who asked me to waive her termination fee on her ex-husbands line because he tried to kill her three times in one month. I explained that that's probably an issue for law enforcement, not Verizon.
    06-02-09 04:40 PM
    It is not a crime in progress, so please don't call 911

Anyway, I am a VZW customer and I have no issues with anything going on in this thread. There are a lot of stupid people in the world, and someone has to make fun of them Heck, I am sure I have done a few stupid things that may get talked about on in this thread.
    *hug*

I like you.

Also, we're not necessarily poking fun at stupid stuff people say. It's things that make us laugh. They don't necessarily have to be "stupid".

_ Mind you, no one has posted jokes that customers have told us yet, but...
    06-02-09 06:18 PM
    Not cell phone related, but customer related. The retail store I work at sells computer routers and modems. I had someone ask me for info on how to boost a wireless signal so they could get better internet on their laptop. I asked them what kind of router they were using. Their reply? "Oh it's not ours, our neighbor has wireless and we just pick up their signal." I told them I was unable to help them. When they asked why not, I had to let them know that they were basically stealing their neighbor's bandwidth. "So you're saying that we're not supposed to do that." Yup, you got it. I now encourage everyone who purchases a wireless router to follow the directions to secure the signal so people don't freeload off them.
    Last edited by NicoleW78; 06-03-09 at 09:31 AM.
    06-02-09 07:24 PM
    I service alarm systems and when a customer doesn't know how to enter a command at the key pad I would ask them if they can get their phone over to the key pad. . After they said yes there was a very long silence. They then asked if I was done? The guy was holding his phone handset to the keypad for about five minutes. After another awkward pause (laughter)I said now hit this key and enter your code. Oh that's it?

Last edited by Cigar-Junkie; 06-02-09 at 08:12 PM.
    06-02-09 08:09 PM
1,313 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD