01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 515253
tools
    Man, that is great! My last job (even though I am a mechanic) required me to write work orders for customers periodically. I don't have people skills at all. That's why I'm a mechanic...not a service advisor. In fact, I genuinely loathed dealing with customers at all. I was expected to try and sell a bunch of unnecessary services, and I got so sick and tired of hearing the same stupid excuses every day. Obviously I couldn't say what I was thinking or feeling. But when I finally found a better job and gave my notice, I didn't even bother to hold anything back. I had even warned my superiors to keep me away from customers AFTER I'd given my notice. They didn't listen...so I didn't hold back a bit.

The most common excuse (and my last conversation with a customer):

C: Oh well I'm going in for a full service next week at the dealer!
    Me: Well then what are you doing here today?
    C: Uhh...the full service doesn't include an oil change!
    Me: What the f*** gave you that impression? What part of FULL SERVICE makes you think an oil change isn't part of it?
    C: That's what I was told....
    Me: By who?
    C: The dealer!
    Me: Yeah...we're done here.

So yeah, my time there was quickly coming to an end, so I didn't care much either.
    LOL I feel ya on that one.

I used to work for a dealer that gave away free oil changes for life with purchase of car.

About 80% of my upsell attempts to customers went the same way.

Sir/Maam we reccomend you perform these service on your vehicle. these are what we noticed while doing you FREE oil change and inspection.

insert services here.

Customer: ok thank you for checking that I will have my regular mechanic take care of those.

WTF!!!!????

or when we would get nasty weather like snow or whatever, wouldnt you know that the only people that showed up for their appointments would be the ones that were getting the free oil change. Payed appointments never showed on those days.

07-08-10 05:17 PM
    I love this vid...."now my god damn cat is homeless" hahahahaha
    LOL, funniest part of video, bigger GeeBees was second funniest part! . Good stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 08:27 PM
    LOL I feel ya on that one.

I used to work for a dealer that gave away free oil changes for life with purchase of car.

About 80% of my upsell attempts to customers went the same way.

Sir/Maam we reccomend you perform these service on your vehicle. these are what we noticed while doing you FREE oil change and inspection.

insert services here.

Customer: ok thank you for checking that I will have my regular mechanic take care of those.

WTF!!!!????

or when we would get nasty weather like snow or whatever, wouldnt you know that the only people that showed up for their appointments would be the ones that were getting the free oil change. Payed appointments never showed on those days.

Heh, I learned a long time ago that the word "free" tends to bring out the worst in people. I was in San Diego county a few years ago when we had the wildfires. As a "relief", the company I worked for decided to offer free air filter replacement not just to our existing customers, but for anyone who asked for one. Naturally, there was a lot of people coming in who had no prior history with the company. Most of those never returned for anything else. They were just there because they were getting something for free. There were a few cars here and there that were either too new, or too "exotic" so an aftermarket air filter was not available. And getting one from the dealer was simply not very cost effective for us. It was THOSE people that were a royal pain in my ***. For whatever reason, we couldn't get an air filter for their vehicle, so they would throw a s*** fit, insulting me, my company, and whoever else they could think of. I told my store manager "I'm not going to sit there and take this!" He tells me "I don't expect you to. You have the freedom to tell them to f*** off if they start getting irate" So again, the next moron that came in there, I didn't hold back.

It was at this point I decided to get out of the CS aspect of this profession and go back to wrenching. I love my current job...I don't deal with customers at all...just other techs who share my mentality.
    07-09-10 12:44 AM
    I had a weird dream that I shot my blackberry. Anyone ever have a customer come in with a bullet hole on their phone? Or.a bullet hole in anything for that matter?

07-12-10 11:22 AM
    I do agree with you 100% but we are talking free,,,,

She was not trying to do anything to the account.

I could see if she brought them a dead phone,, they may not want to risk putting a phone back in operation that was not intended to be in operation by the main acct holder,,, but it was one of two lines, and if they checked records they could see the phone was used recently.

Trust me I work cs as well with auto parts, I have many stories,, but when we are talking free whether it is done by the boss at one of my accounts or one of his lackeys calling in, I still have to give it to them.

simple if the new batt didn't fix the problem. Without doing it without accessing the acct. There's no record that the batt was exchange even if it was for "free". So what happens next she will well the batt has been exchange already its the phone not working so I want it exchange. Our respond would had been we have to exchange batt first to eliminate what wrong with the phone. Which would made her mad even more.
    07-12-10 06:45 PM
    last post is in reply to the free battary post
    07-12-10 06:47 PM
    simple if the new batt didn't fix the problem. Without doing it without accessing the acct. There's no record that the batt was exchange even if it was for "free". So what happens next she will well the batt has been exchange already its the phone not working so I want it exchange. Our respond would had been we have to exchange batt first to eliminate what wrong with the phone. Which would made her mad even more.
    Grammar is a lost art!
    07-13-10 11:01 AM
    Apparently so is punctuation. I cannot believe that this thread still has life in it. I thought the repercussions of Twins' rants would eventually kill this thread. I kinda miss that guy.

07-16-10 10:31 PM
    Bump!!!!!!
    01-13-11 03:26 PM
    Major bump. I forgot all about this. Im trying to think of some now....

01-14-11 07:26 PM
    I know this is the wrong direction, but this comment still sticks in my craw.

I was working with Premier Support, the guys in charge of fixing problems on ATT's Premier online site. Whenever I place an online order, it cancels the order a minute later. He couldn't tell why it was bouncing the order and his suggestion to resolve the problem? "You should just go into an ATT store and place your order so they can verify your ID."

Really? Your solution to my problem ordering online is "Don't order online"?
    01-14-11 07:51 PM
    I totally forgot about this thread. I loved it! Lets keep em comin. I'm sure supermario will have some good ones for us.

01-14-11 09:00 PM
    How about a Dumb statement from an employee..

So I'm at work, and was chosen to go pick up lunch for everybody on shift... So I drive on over to my local KFC, walk up to the counter and order two 20 piece buckets with 4 large side orders of mash potato's...... She politely gives me my total.... But then says to me "SIR,, WILL THAT BE FOR HERE OR TO-GO?".....

All I could do was stand there for a few seconds totally stumped,, before replying, "UMMMM,, HOW HUNGRY DO I LOOK"
    01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 515253
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD