01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 50515253
tools
    True story...

I went into a Verizon store (not an authorized), walked directly to a display and picked out the case I wanted for my 9550. This exchange followed:

CSR: May I help you?
    Me: Yes thank you, I'd like to purchase this case.
    CSR: Great, can I have your phone number please.
    Me: I'll just pay cash, no need for that.
    CSR: Sir, I need your phone number to proceed.
    Me: Seriously, I'll just pay cash; how much is it?
    CSR: Sir, I can't let you buy that without your phone number.
    Me: No problem.

I walked back to the rack, returned the case to it's original location and walked out with a smile and no bad words. I ended up getting a case from a retail store.
    There is a reason they need your number. This is so they pull your account to ring the sale. End of reasons.
    Dude, you owe me a new keyboard. I just spit my coffee all over mine.
    06-18-10 08:12 AM
    Dude, you owe me a new keyboard. I just spit my coffee all over mine.
    WOW caffine on a BB, does this speed up browser speeds?
    06-18-10 08:15 AM
    WOW caffine on a BB, does this speed up browser speeds?
    Not on my BB, on my laptop.

Dude, do you realize how crazy your response was regarding needing a phone number to purchase an item at a Verizon store?
    06-18-10 08:19 AM
    Well this forum does a scence comical feel to it no? Everytime I go into a store to buy something I know they ask for number to ring up a sale.
    06-18-10 08:24 AM
    There is a reason they need your number. This is so they pull your account to ring the sale. End of reasons.
    Please don't take this the wrong way and yes, I see the case in this situation was for an S2, but suppose the case was for a Tour or Bold and the customer was on Sprint. What happens then?
    06-18-10 08:29 AM
    True story...

I went into a Verizon store (not an authorized), walked directly to a display and picked out the case I wanted for my 9550. This exchange followed:

I walked back to the rack, returned the case to it's original location and walked out with a smile and no bad words. I ended up getting a case from a retail store.
    I am no fan of VZW as a company, but I purchased a case for my Curve, "back in the days" and the clip broke. It was still under warranty. I went back to the store, they pulled up my account, and replaced the case w/ clip for FREE.
    06-18-10 08:33 AM
    By pulling up your number they also can see if you are entitled to a corp discount or anything like that. I get 25% off accessories.
    06-18-10 08:37 AM
    True story...

I'm going to have to agree with you on this.

When I ring up an accessory for a customer, I ask for a phone number too. This allows us to try and look up the receipt in case they lose it and need a return or exchange. If they don't want to give it, I say "No problem" and ring it up without a number or with a dummy number. No skin off my back. As stated below, what if they're on another carrier? Or they're buying it as a gift? It's unnecessary.

The only time I NEED a customer's info is for an account inquiry or check/CC payment.

And back on topic, one I get more often than I should:
    "I can't believe they suspended my phone just because I didn't pay my bill"
    06-18-10 12:25 PM
    I once had a lady checking out, and her card said "CHECK ID" So, I asked her for her ID. She then proceeded to get all angry and start shouting at me as to why I needed her ID to take the card, and how BS it was that I was hassling her about it.

So I calmy flipped the card around and held it in front of her and said "I'm checking your ID because YOU wrote "CHECK ID" on it.

She got all red and said "Well nobody else checks it" as she pulled out her ID.
    06-19-10 05:22 PM
    Me CSR: "Thank you for calling Charter my name is James how can I help you?"

Cust "You service sucks #%$#% piece of ^&* service. I hate you!

Me: "I'm sorry your having issues with our service may I have your phone number so I can look up your account information"

Cust: "F&*( YOU! wtf...you all suck...I can't watch the F*n game. ASSH*ls... 123-456-7890 there's my F8n number!"

Me: "Sir I'm not able to locate your account with that phone number would be under another, perhaps a cell number?"

Cust: "How f*n dumb are you people?? that's my number find it you dumba*SS, here my address....."

Me: "Sir I don't find you have any of our services at this address. What does your cable box say on the front?"

Cust: "WTF what a bunch of morons you are...it says DirectTV on the front"

Me: "Sir this Charter CABLE company"

Cust: *click*

True story...
    06-19-10 06:49 PM
    "Okay can you go ahead and take the battery out of the phone you're having problems with."
    "Sure."
    *Click*
    This one made my day.
    06-23-10 12:27 PM
    Not to bring the fire back, but another quick reason behind the policy for verification if you're not on an account. In the case of the battery, it's not really a case, but if someone came in, wanted a warranty phone, and they didn't verify, the account holder could potentially be charged a fee for an equipment chargeback if that other user never shipped us back the defective phone, which can go up to $600 (Palm Pre) depending on the model of the phone. I've had this call before and the lady wasn't too happy that some guy she took under her wing and added to her account, but never authorized, was able to get a replacement phone at the store and never returned it, and now she was getting charged hundreds of dollars. It's not always the obvious reasons, but again they're there for a reason. We don't want anyone being stuck in those negative situations to find out.
    06-26-10 06:13 PM
    In the case of the battery, it's not really a case...
    Like you said, in the case of the battery, it's not really the case.

So you are good at NOT making a point?
    06-26-10 11:41 PM
    Ok since this has become a general "stupid customers" thread I have two that I clearly remember from the many....

I was in an express lane, I think at walmart (I wasn't working there just a customer). A girl and her boyfriend line up behind us. She reads the sign out loud "12 items or less". There was a slight pause, and she says to her boyfriend, " I'll just buy six and you buy the other six."

Working at the bank.
    Customer: You guys overdrafted my account
    Me: ok let's pull up the account. He give me info I pull up account:
    Customer: pointing at screen " see right there, you made me overdraft"
    Me: You bought that cup of coffee sir. ( I assumed, the charge was at some coffeee shop).
    I had already given my notice to quit so I didn't care much.

Edit to add comma after " I assumed"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 06-28-10 at 09:25 AM.
    06-27-10 07:49 PM
    Years ago, Radio Shack stores would always ask for your address so they could send you their catalog.... didn't matter if you were just buying a couple of AA batteries.

Needless to say, people used to get dozens of their !@#$%^& catalogs.
    06-28-10 07:12 PM
    Like you said, in the case of the battery, it's not really the case.

So you are good at NOT making a point?
    Ibanez, don't feed the trolls.
    06-30-10 08:34 AM
    "I can't believe you guys would turn off my phone just because I didn't pay the bill."
    07-08-10 02:08 AM
    This morning someone in our IT office recieved an email saything this.

"Email is not working is somebody working on this?"

Email works fine
    07-08-10 09:13 AM
    Got an email from a user who we've spent a ton of time and money to replace/repair her little dumbphones because she doesn't like carrying the "big" BB 8330. She's lost it, the replacement would lock up, all sorts of weird problems we can't recreate, etc. 3 or 4 phones later, she was finally off our backs until this weekend. She sends us an email that she got it wet with "soy milk".

"I took the battery out and let it dry out for an hour or two and it won't start up. I think maybe its the battery..." Really? the battery?

(BTW, these are people with 8+years of college)

"I don't know whether Canada requires an International plan or not..." Hmmm, is it part of our nation?
    07-08-10 11:01 AM
    here's another:

Customer: my phone no work, wont power up (seriously thats how people talk down here in south carolina)
    Tech: ok give me 30 min to find out why it won't power up
    T: ma'am figured out why your phone won't power up, it got wet and the board is corroded and beyond repair so you need to file an insurance claim to get another phone sent to you.
    C: how did that happen i didn't get it wet, i mean it fell in water so i don't understand how this is my fault
    T: well you still need to file a claim.
    C: this is all your fault (pointing to my repair tech) this is sprint's fault that my phone don't work because of it falling in water.
    T: ma'am this is your fault this happened.
    C: forget this i'm going next door to verizon you guys suck.
    C: (1 hour later) how much was the deductible again? verizon wanted $400 deposit per line
    07-08-10 11:32 AM
    [QUOTE=
    I had already given my notice to quit so I didn't care much.
    [/QUOTE]

Man, that is great! My last job (even though I am a mechanic) required me to write work orders for customers periodically. I don't have people skills at all. That's why I'm a mechanic...not a service advisor. In fact, I genuinely loathed dealing with customers at all. I was expected to try and sell a bunch of unnecessary services, and I got so sick and tired of hearing the same stupid excuses every day. Obviously I couldn't say what I was thinking or feeling. But when I finally found a better job and gave my notice, I didn't even bother to hold anything back. I had even warned my superiors to keep me away from customers AFTER I'd given my notice. They didn't listen...so I didn't hold back a bit.

The most common excuse (and my last conversation with a customer):

C: Oh well I'm going in for a full service next week at the dealer!
    Me: Well then what are you doing here today?
    C: Uhh...the full service doesn't include an oil change!
    Me: What the f*** gave you that impression? What part of FULL SERVICE makes you think an oil change isn't part of it?
    C: That's what I was told....
    Me: By who?
    C: The dealer!
    Me: Yeah...we're done here.

So yeah, my time there was quickly coming to an end, so I didn't care much either.
    07-08-10 12:01 PM
    I know a woman like this:
    07-08-10 12:49 PM
    I know a woman like this:
    I love this vid...."now my god damn cat is homeless" hahahahaha
    07-08-10 01:13 PM
    I've been wanting to post that but wasn't sure about forum guidelines...

"I want the one with the bigger GeeBees!"
    07-08-10 04:01 PM
    I posted that in the android forum.. the guy ended up getting in trouble with his employer (best buy) and they terminated him.
    07-08-10 04:10 PM
1,313 ... 50515253
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD