01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Well, my cousin is an Apple Rep. and here's his story:

Cousin: Hello, thank you for calling Apple. How may I help you today?
    Customer: My iPhone won't make calls!!!
    Cousin: Sir, have you activated your iPhone with AT&T?
    Customer: I think they did that in the store. I can't even find the phone app.
    Cousin: Sir, what does it say on the back of the device?
    Customer: iPod.
    Cousin: Sir an iPod touch is different from an iPhone because the iPod touch does not have the ability to make calls hence the name iPhone instead of iPod.

*Silence*
    05-31-09 08:17 AM
    Agreed! By far the most ridiculous story I've read yet....seriously though, you would damage your own phone to get a replacement? ...AND injury yourself?

Best thing on this entire thread. officially.
    05-31-09 08:23 AM
    Best one-liner from a mechanic (overheard, not spoken directly to me)

"Your rad cap needs a new car..."

*confused look on customer's face*

Mechanic: "your car is worth less then 500 bucks, and the bill to repair it is a few thousand."

Customer: "Geee... I didn't know a rad cap was so expensive!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:00 AM
    I had a great one yesterday and I am sure many of us have heard this numerous times in the last month.

Cust: "Why would anyone buy a Blackberry from you today?"

Me: Why wouldn't they?

Cust: "Well you guys (Verizon) just got bought out by AT&T so I can just wait and get an Iphone, right?"

Me: Not exactly (It took them 3 hours to talk me off the roof)
    ...AT&T couldn't afford to buy out Big Red if all their stores were made out of pure gold, were melted down, and sold for hard cash.

And if that's the case, why would anyone buy a Blackberry from AT&T???
    05-31-09 09:53 AM
    cust called in the other day my blk berry is not working
    me whats it doing sir
    cust idk its just not doing what its suppose to be doing
    again sir im sorry but what do u mean
    cust ur the tech u tell me
    ok sir whats the issue u r having with ur blk berry
    i cant do pics on my phone
    me ok sir whats ur number so i can pull up ur account
    its 555-555-5555
    ok sir i have ur account pulled up and the reason u cant recive or send pics is cos u have ur picture mail blocked
    cust whats picture mail
    puts phone on mute and thinks WTF unmutes and tells cust well sir pic mail is how u get pics and send pics
    cust but i dont have an email
    me ok sir would u like me to unblock this for u
    cust is it going to coast extra
    no sir u have the 99.99 everything plan
    cust oh
    also told cust he needs to update to 4.5 for pics
    cust how u do that
    after 3hrs on the phone he has pic mail and 4.5 and desktop mgr
    wounder what rep blocked the nai? last thing cust said was fo show u be da bomb just lol
    05-31-09 10:25 AM
    At least the people saying this stupid stuff are untrained. Verizon Reps. are supposed to be efficient in these things.
    05-31-09 10:36 AM
    cust called in the other day my blk berry is not working
    me whats it doing sir
    cust idk its just not doing what its suppose to be doing
    again sir im sorry but what do u mean
    cust ur the tech u tell me
    ok sir whats the issue u r having with ur blk berry
    i cant do pics on my phone
    me ok sir whats ur number so i can pull up ur account
    its 555-555-5555
    ok sir i have ur account pulled up and the reason u cant recive or send pics is cos u have ur picture mail blocked
    cust whats picture mail
    puts phone on mute and thinks WTF unmutes and tells cust well sir pic mail is how u get pics and send pics
    cust but i dont have an email
    me ok sir would u like me to unblock this for u
    cust is it going to coast extra
    no sir u have the 99.99 everything plan
    cust oh
    also told cust he needs to update to 4.5 for pics
    cust how u do that
    after 3hrs on the phone he has pic mail and 4.5 and desktop mgr
    wounder what rep blocked the nai? last thing cust said was fo show u be da bomb just lol
    Well, no wonder it didn't work, he didn't have a valid phone number! Just kidding...

At least the people saying this stupid stuff are untrained. Verizon Reps. are supposed to be efficient in these things.
    Did one of the reps post your tech support question or something?
    05-31-09 11:00 AM
    That is probably the person that needed to change their potato!

05-31-09 11:41 AM
    lol really though

That is probably the person that needed to change their potato!

05-31-09 01:49 PM
    haha, had a good one today,

cust: hi there i need a charger
    me: ok then,what phone ya got
    cust: uh i dont know, its a vodafone
    me: uhhh vodafone dont make phones sir, do ya know who makes it
    cust: uh well its got a vodafone sticker on it and i got it from vodafone
    me: ok then, so you`ve no idea who makes it??
    cust:no
    me: ok, do you have it on you (i work in a store)
    cust:no
    me: ok, whats your number
    cust: 01234567890
    me: ok one second (i then check the imei # then run it through our system)
    me: uh ok sir so youve got a sagem cx3
    cust: no, well its a vodafone (still ent gettin it)
    me: yea but its made by sagem, anyways we dont have any of those chargers sorry, it was discontinued 3 years ago, but its sayin here the chargers used to be 20, but you could buy a payt phone for that if ya want??
    cust: uh no its ok, i`l write to your office, im sure theyl be able to send me one
    me:.........(dont you wish you could swear)..uh ok then, but its discontinued, so they wouldnt have one, you could try sagem
    cust: why would i try them? i got it from vodafone (oh dear, someone forgot to wake up this mornin)
    me: uh ok then, is there anything else we can help with
    cust: yea, do you do the batteries for them too????
    me: NO

this just shows, some customers are a bit slow, and we forgive them for that, but if no-one listens, what can ya do!!
    05-31-09 02:41 PM
    me:.........(dont you wish you could swear)..uh ok then, but its discontinued, so they wouldnt have one, you could try sagem
    cust: why would i try them? i got it from vodafone (oh dear, someone forgot to wake up this mornin)
    Oh god I get this all the time... "What kind of phone do you have?" "Verizon" *facepalm*

Or, "What kind of phone do you have?" "LG" "Ok, which LG?" "What do you mean? I have the LG phone!" "We carry about XX phones right now that LG makes, plus the numerous ones that we used to carry." "Oh, well it's just the basic one."
    05-31-09 02:45 PM
    Oh god I get this all the time... "What kind of phone do you have?" "Verizon" *facepalm*

Or, "What kind of phone do you have?" "LG" "Ok, which LG?" "What do you mean? I have the LG phone!" "We carry about XX phones right now that LG makes, plus the numerous ones that we used to carry." "Oh, well it's just the basic one."
    yea, we`d all be lost without the imei tracker, i forwarded vf tech the sales guys vs tech dude, they was on the fone ten mins later laffin so hard, was well funny
    05-31-09 02:49 PM

I love when people say the name of the model along with the word "phone" on the end.

Chocolate "phone"
    Razr "phone"
    etc
    05-31-09 03:34 PM
    Cust: Hello, I'd like to add Friends and Family to my account today.
    Me: Sorry, your calling plan doesn't qualify.
    Cust: Why not? What calling plan do I need?
    Me: You're on the unlimited plan, you have unlimited calling to everyone in the U.S., not just 5 Friends and Family number.
    Cust: Oh. Well, nevermind then.
    05-31-09 03:36 PM
    I don't actually work for VZW or even a phone company at all, a grocery store in fact. Heck, it's where I'm at right now and where I'm at when I browse this site.

This happened earlier this evening, we currently have a Sale on Pepsi 12-Pack Products. Each 12-Pack is specially priced to $2.99 and when you buy 4 you get a 5th 12-Pack free when using the coupon out of our weekly add.

Customer comes up purchasing only pop earlier, 4 12-Packs of different types of Pepsi. I inform the customer that he can go back and get an additional 12-Pack of any Pepsi product, literally FOR FREE!!

He then explains that he recieved our weekly add in his News Paper and didn't want to pay extra money for purchasing a 5th 12-Pack which is why he didn't get it when he was back there selecting his choices. Thus he didn't bring in the coupon.

I grabbed a stack of weekly adds from the office and cut one out and politely explained to him that he pays for 4 12-Packs which is what he had in his car, and the 5th is completely free. The only charge is a few cents of tax.

The customer then "corrected" me stating that it would be an additional $2.99 for his 5th 12-Pack should he go back and get it. I point directly the coupon where it says "buy 4 get the 5th free, a savings of $3.00" which still made his total $12.00, to which he complained that he would have really liked to get 5 of the 12-Packs but he can't justify paying the extra money for the 5th one.

I checked him out, rang it up as if he had a 5th 12-Pack, used the coupon, he paid and took his groceries out. I ran to get a 12-Pack, followed him to the parking lot (over-nights are NOT busy) and offered the 12-Pack as a complimentary gift for the confusion.

He took it happily, and I simply shook my head.

idiots.

You shouldve the kept the 12 pack for yourself
    05-31-09 07:22 PM
    Integrity is at the core of who we are.
    05-31-09 07:35 PM
    Absolutely. And we have to be sure we maintain the utmost professionalism and maurity while dealing with customers..... HAHAHA! thats why we have the internet, to laugh at all the idi0ts out there
    05-31-09 08:14 PM
    These are not from a customer but from my mother in law.

her - text Mike
    me - I do not have his number
    her - i did not say call him, i said text him
    me - oh ok, well he did not respond...

Mother in law wanted a digital photo frame for christmas, we got her one. She told us to take it back because it did not work. We said what is wrong with it, she replied the pictures keep changing, it is broken. ok we will take it back.
    05-31-09 09:31 PM
    HAHAHA! Great answer! LOVE IT!
    05-31-09 10:22 PM
    I work in IT. At my previous job, there was a lady in accting that had her mouse buttons labeled with a Sharpie: L & R. When I replaced it one time, I noticed she marked the new one...

A secretary stopped me as I passed by.

"I can't login."
    "Well, give it a try and let's see what's wrong."
    she does a C-A-D and types in 4 numbers in the pword
    "See it doesn't work"
    "That's too short to be your windows login"
    Blank stare...
    "Here, let's try it again..."
    She types in 4 numbers again...
    "That's probably your vmail pword, your Windows pword should be longer..."
    Blank stare...
    "OK, you walk in, in the morning, you hit C-A-D on your keyboard, you type in a pword... WHAT IS IT???"
    Blank stare... oh wait, the hourglass is turning... LIGHTBULB!!
    She types in her password and it logs her in...

She worked there before I started and we had NEVER done a password change. She literally had the same pword for years and simply forgot that day. I shortened this for the sake of typing. We went back and forth for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards, I went and sat in my office and held my head...
    05-31-09 10:42 PM
    I can just imagine how much funny stuff we will be seeing here within the next week, solely on the storm OS upgrade
    06-01-09 12:08 AM
    "ma'am, the ringtones were downloaded on 2/12/09 at 1 am"

"i downloaded those ringtones last year!"

"ummm, no you didnt. You downloaded the only 2 ringtones on your phone on 2/12/09"

"i was out of the country for half of february and i took my phone with me!"

"Then how did you make and receive calls in Florida every day for your February bill cycle?"

"I didnt"

"well, somebody did because you used it everyday in the state of Florida. I can even see what city the call was originated from"

"I was out of the country and my phone was with me. I'm not paying for these data charges!!"

ahha LOL.. I this is great.. thats what you call lying..
    06-01-09 03:44 AM
    Everybody *knows* that the sales reps and techs are out to get us supersmart customers (yeah right).... Sad to say I said one of these bonehead things recently.... But I didn't try to blame sales rep... I sucked it up and upgraded my plan.
    but really who among us has not said/done something boneheaded, when we look back we ask ourselves "What was I thinking?"

06-01-09 05:06 AM
    Everybody *knows* that the sales reps and techs are out to get us supersmart customers (yeah right).... Sad to say I said one of these bonehead things recently.... But I didn't try to blame sales rep... I sucked it up and upgraded my plan.
    but really who among us has not said/done something boneheaded, when we look back we ask ourselves "What was I thinking?"

look theres a difference between being bone headed and lying out to the end about it...

if your wrong admit your wrong and move on.. how hard is that lol

most the time you will never even see the person again anyway..
    06-01-09 05:08 AM
    Lol, this thread makes me LMAO. I love it

A little off topic...my grandparents landline quit working, no dial tone...nothing. I called the phone company from my cell phone and fought through the IVR. It asked...

1. Does the phone you are calling about have a dial tone?
    A: NO
    2. Are you calling from that phone now?

Seriously? If there is no dial tone, how in the world can I be calling you from that phone???? MORONS!!!!

You would think they would test their IVR to make sure it's not STUPID before they put it in production.
    Just FYI, coming from a guy who has been working in the telecom world for 10 years, you don't need dialtone to dial. Yeah, crazy, i know.

Dialtone is just a handshake from your local Telecom Switch saying it has tested the line and verified it's ok for use. If the switch is taking serious errors and is overloaded with calls it will not be able to provide dial tone to everyone, but that doesn't mean you can't dial. Try anyways. You'd be amazed. It can still connect you, it just doesn't test the line and prove it before connecting you.

So yeah, don't ever take no dialtone as dead line. Try anyways. It could just mean the switch is in a very poor state.
    06-01-09 05:24 AM
1,313 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD