01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    But that is ok. We choose to work were we are going to help people with their problems and have them insult us for doing just that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 10:15 PM
    Who would call Verizon and say "I can't get a dial tone"?
    Verizon is a land line provider. Verizon Wireless is a wireless provider. He probly has a land line he never said through VZ that was an assumption.

Last edited by IMP42; 01-25-10 at 10:18 PM.
    01-25-10 10:16 PM
    Ok, everyone has permission to flame me for this. I forgot Verizon has land line service even though we had Verizon land line service for two years. (kneeling in expectation with crossed arms over head)
    01-25-10 10:22 PM
    i know there have been a few posts along this line, but it happened to me just the other day... Customer comes in and puts their phone in my hand before i can even say hello...

Cust: my phones not workin'
    Me: Alright, lets take a look here. Do you have any idea what might have caused the problem?
    Cust: NOPE. Ive only had this phone a week, you NEED (always p#@$es me off!) to fix my phone!
    Me: Well, there seems to be some pretty obvious water damage to your phone...
    Cust: Well I dropped it in the toilet about an hour ago....
    Me: (handing the phone back to the gentleman) yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhh, you don't think you should have told me that BEFORE you put the phone in my hands???

UGH, people these days, common sense= FAIL
    I actually did drop my Motorola RAZR in the toilet when I was in high school... As embarrassing as it was, (I had Sprint @ the time) when I took it to the store (my first time needing to file an insurance claim) the rep actually pointed out how nice it was that I put it into a ZipLoc bag and told them what happened BEFORE they handled the phone. lol
    01-26-10 05:54 AM
    I'm loving this thread!

Not quite a phone related story, but funny nonetheless!

I run a cell tower company, and so the only people we get money from are the carriers, who pay their rent by check or EFT each month. We have no facilities for accepting credit card payments, we never have, and never will. I have tried explaining this to various people who have called our company or emailed me over the past 6-8 months insisting we have charged their credit cards, and demanding we stop. The calls normally run as follows:

Irate caller: Are you ab-xyz (our shortened company name)
    Us: Yes, that's correct, how can I help
    Irate caller: Well, you've been billing my credit card every month for a while now, and I don't know what for, but I want you to stop.
    Us: I can assure you sir, we have not been charging your credit card.
    Irate caller: You have, it says here on my statement ab-xyz
    Us: We are a cell tower company, we only receive money from large carriers, via check or EFT. We have no facilities to bill individuals' credit cards.
    Irate caller: Well I have my statement right here, it has your company name ab-xyz
    Us: That isn't our full company name, although it is our web site address. Have you tried searching on google or calling your credit card company to find out where these charges are coming from?
    Irate caller: I looked on the internet, and you came up.
    Us: Is there any more detail on the credit card bill that might help? Some reference number, or phone number maybe?
    Irate caller becoming more irate: Just some random numbers, look I know its you, so will you please stop.
    Us: Again sir, I guarantee it is not our company. I would recommend you call your credit card company to find out, and they will also be able to put a stop on these charges.
    Irate caller: *click*

Yesterday I received an email from a gentleman in Europe, basically requesting the same, that we stop billing his credit card each month, as he didn't know what it was for. However, this gentleman typed out everything that appeared on his statement next to the $19.95 charge. I took the first line of what he said, which included the shortened version of our company name, ab-xyz plus a series of numbers, and pasted it straight into a google search.

I then laughed. A lot. About 5 results came up, all of which pointed to very similar 'Contact Us' pages at very similar websites.
    "If your credit card statement has ab-xyz 123456789 then call this number for customer services"

The websites were all along the lines of 'Extreme hardcore bondage/fetish/kink pay per view'

I rattled off a very polite email with a link to the google results page, and funnily enough, haven't heard back yet.

I can't wait for the next call we get about this!
    I had a similar experience at my old job, although the end result wasn't quite as funny. lol I was a manager @ a movie theatre, and a man called one day demanding to speak to a manager. I took the call and he explained that our theatre was sending him text messages and he was being charged for it. I explained that we did not have the capability to send text messages from our landline (We obviously only had landline phones), but he insisted that we were texting him. I explained this over and over for about 10 minutes and told him to call his carrier to see if they could figure out where they were coming from.

He called back the next day, still insisting our theatre was sending him text messages. lol
    01-26-10 06:03 AM
    I had a woman come in to our store Sunday, ballistic because her BB IM icon "disappeared". She said if I couldn't figure out she wanted to know what her "contract buyout" was. I easily found the icon in her instant messaging folder. I instructed her how to sign back in to it and watched with her as her contacts populated. She grabbed the phone out of my hands, left the store, and came back within the a half hour, brand new iPhone in hand, and cancelled her service.
    01-26-10 07:40 AM
    omg i finally finished this page... laughing my arse off every page...

on the customer side, i always try and make the reps laugh, always asking for tomorrows winning lotto numbers, make their day a bit more enjoyable, talked to a couple of managers/supervisors laughing and joking that if they connected me to the supervisor that i would simply hang up... i was laughing to hard to realize she transfered me, and started laughing along with us... all that for a $.53 refund check...
    01-26-10 08:02 PM
    I was on the subway today and we were in an area where we were still above ground. There was a guy who was on his cell having a very heated discussion with his gf. His call dropped when we went underground. He looked at his phone and said "She %&!#*@! hung up on me, can you believe that?!?

The look on his face was priceless and it took everything inside of me to not burst out in laughter.
    01-26-10 10:04 PM
    ok got this call and the cutomer wanted to speak to the president to discuss some issues that the country is having. When I told him I did not have that kinda access he started "axing" me if I work for VZW and since I did I should be able to transfer him since Obama has VZW.... (face palm) and a few seconds later he states "you cant help me, I will call someone else"
    01-28-10 04:17 PM
    Wait... what? Are you serious? lol That is insane... granted working here as long as I have, I can actually see that happening
    01-28-10 04:42 PM
    I don't work for Verizon but I'm sure you get a lot of mentally ill and irrational people. Earlier this week, someone at the Verizon store was helping me do something on my phone, and this guy right next to me is throwing a total sh** fit, screaming about his phones being turned off for nonpayment, which is somehow a totally new concept for him. So we're ignoring him, but it's really embarrassing and making everyone in the store tense. I wanted to ask the guy helping me (who, btw, is cool as a cucumber because I'm sure that happens all the time) if every Verizon employee goes home and just mixes the world's biggest cocktail.
    For the most part the customers are great people, regardless of the situation. There is a part of dealing with the public, in any capacity that requires having thick skin and just let bounce off.
    01-28-10 07:54 PM
    Well I work for Asurion, but one day a customer called in and was mad about her deductible and mad atVZW and Asurion because she was never aware of this..

She then stated she is sick of Asurion and VZW and going to swtich to ATT so she can avoid asurion and get better service. She said if we cant wavie her deducible she is swtiching...

LOL

I said... Talk to you later! HAHA.. We cover the insurance for ATT also
    01-28-10 08:19 PM
    Well I work for Asurion, but one day a customer called in and was mad about her deductible and mad atVZW and Asurion because she was never aware of this..

She then stated she is sick of Asurion and VZW and going to switch to ATT so she can avoid asurion and get better service. She said if we cant waive her deducible she is switching...

LOL

So I'm thinking to myself... OK talk to you later!

HAHA.. Asurion covers the insurance for ATT also
    Last edited by BigDawgOfThemAll; 01-29-10 at 03:22 AM.
    01-28-10 08:25 PM

She then stated she is sick of Asurion and VZW and going to swtich to ATT so she can avoid asurion and get better service. She said if we cant wavie her deducible she is swtiching...

LOL

Funny when YOUR company sends the customer a pamphlet outlining the terms of the insurance. So congratulations!
    01-28-10 08:37 PM

LOL

OMGROFLMAO that is the funniest one yet. You are right. Asurion agents ARE ********.

Last edited by IMP42; 01-28-10 at 09:12 PM.
    01-28-10 09:06 PM
    Verizon customer service is one of the best I have ever dealt with. They always solve the problem and with ease. I usually let you guys run through the trouble shooting process while making jokes or just talking about the day so far. I enjoy calling Microsoft and always talking to someone who can speak the english language properly unlike Microsoft haha.
    02-01-10 10:45 AM
    I had to get my 9530 replaced due to a hardware defect last fall. There was a line and I was able to listen to some really dumb people complain about their phones...the customers were totally uncooperative. Felt bad for those reps who have to deal with so many idiots every day. Hopefully they get paid well
    02-01-10 01:03 PM
    Sad truth is they DON'T get paid very well.
    02-01-10 02:34 PM
    True story. Especally when you work in a call center. Stores my make a bit more but not much.

02-01-10 03:26 PM
    Lowell McAdam does ok, but beyond that it's a crap shoot.
    02-01-10 04:08 PM
    You guys wanna hear something really sad? Reading these posts actually makes me want to work for VZW...sure, I'd have to deal with some stupid crap, but at least I'd have good people to laugh about it with!

I concur!!!
    02-01-10 05:02 PM
    The sad part about this is I've ben treated horribly by Verizon reps for problems that weren't even mine, like when I returned my Tour and they never put my upgrade status back so when I went into the store to try to upgrade a month later they say "oh sorry you can't you just upgraded" so I have to end up driving 45 minutes back to my house to get the receipt to prove it, then once I get the phone guess what? They forgot to print out the rebate form, so me not wanting to drive 45 minutes both ways all the way back I call the store and ask if it was possible to mail it to my address, reps response "naw" me: why not? Rep: because, me: what's your name? Rep: thanks for calling verizon, bye

That's only one out of many stories I have, I've been with verizon for ten years Don't get me wrong there are a lot of really nice Verizon reps, but there are also ones just as stupid and mean as the customers

02-01-10 08:00 PM
    WOW! i found this thread this afternoon while at work! ive been hooked on it all night. Im home now and finally finished this whole thread and i must say, in all the forums im apart of, this thread is THE BEST EVER! I dont work in CS, but i deal with some morons, mostly drunk, AND dumb people. I work in a tat shop here in NYC and i feel for you CS people and sales reps! But man, these stories are GREAT! i laughed so hard it made me forget some of mine at my job! Im always nice to reps cause i know, theres a limit to what you guys are allowed to do. i have TMo and the reps there are nice. You know, like you guys are when customers and callers are pleasant. Vent and laugh all you can at the end of the day cause laughter is truly the best medicine! I may post a few of my own!

Last April Fool's Day, I took a screenshot of my secretary's computer and set it as the desktop wallpaper, hid all of the desktop icons, and put her taskbar on auto-hide.
    I would do that at my job, It would be funny as F****! But knowing my boss, who btw thinks he knows it all, would probably spent 4 to 5 hours re installing the OS! LMAO

BTW, the "red Kool-aid" story had me, my tat artist, and his customers laughing HARD!
    02-02-10 06:32 AM
    We get paid for this???
    02-02-10 03:00 PM
    We get paid for this???
    yep
    02-02-10 03:01 PM
1,313 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD