01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    I'm not quite sure if this story applies here, but it happened in a Verizon Store... See, my son was diagnosed with ADHD less then 6 months ago, so of course he is now a pharmacuetical guinea pig... on this particular day, the drug of choice didn't seem to be working so well...

I was in the store talking to a rep about a brand new Samsung Omnia I had just bought and had replaced through warranty 3 times in the last 3 weeks, and was finally fed up with replacements. I was ready to change devices, which is how I came to be a blackberry owner!!! Well, my son was running rampant, pounding on this poor girls keyboard, unplugging her printer, laying under her desk... you get the picture...

I was completely humiliated that I had to keep excusing myself from the rep, who was surprisingly calm about it and even laughed a little, in order to gain control of my son... Then he walked up under her desk, and she bent down and says "No-No, sweetie...don't play under there." and turning to me with a big smile she says, "I think your son just pressed the panic button...?" I was mortified!!! But the rep was smiling the whole time and in a very calm voice she says "Yup. He really did."

So I grab my son and tell him the 'policey mens' are coming to take him away cuz he doesn't know how to behave in a store. It was just supposed to scare him straight, it wasn't meant to be cruel or anything. The rep laughs and says "actually, they really are coming." and when I turned around, South Carolina's finest were at the door!!! The manager came out and explained to the officer that it was a mistake, that a child hit the button, and the officer turns to me...

"Ma'am can you tell me why your son was unsupervised long enough to buzz our station 5 times?" I'm sure my face went white, then he got a call and darted out the door...I turned back to the rep and apologized repeatedly, promising that next time I need to come in, I'd make sure I had a sitter...She just laughed and told me not to worry about it, that it had totally made her night!

I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life!!! But she enjoyed it, so I'm surprised her side of the story isn't up in this thread lol!!!
    And you could not grab his hand...why? I mean if you know that he is going to be like that why the heck you dont hold him, people like you make my job so hard!..I bet you were mad at the reps and at the police for making you "feel embarrased", I bet "her story" would have been something like this: This lady came in with this annoying brat he could not stop messing with my equipment he was running rampant, pounding on my keyboard, unplugging my printer, laying under my desk... you get the picture...she "apologized" repeatedly, promising me that next time that she needed to come in, she would make sure that she had a sitter...I just laughed(seriously what else can you do.......) and told her not to worry about it, that it had totally made my night!....
    11-25-09 01:24 PM
    The first post on the Vendor Client relationship - in real world situations......... m still LMAO Awesome...m so gonna be back here again....

Quikshiptoner.com
    11-25-09 01:31 PM
    A little off topic..... From "clerks".... "do you have that movie that has that guy in it who was in that movie last year"
    11-25-09 01:45 PM
    And you could not grab his hand...why? I mean if you know that he is going to be like that why the heck you dont hold him, people like you make my job so hard!..I bet you were mad at the reps and at the police for making you "feel embarrased", I bet "her story" would have been something like this: This lady came in with this annoying brat he could not stop messing with my equipment he was running rampant, pounding on my keyboard, unplugging my printer, laying under my desk... you get the picture...she "apologized" repeatedly, promising me that next time that she needed to come in, she would make sure that she had a sitter...I just laughed(seriously what else can you do.......) and told her not to worry about it, that it had totally made my night!....
    Jeez, lightn up
    11-25-09 01:52 PM
    A little off topic..... From "clerks".... "do you have that movie that has that guy in it who was in that movie last year"
    Yes , He is that guy who is in that show with the other guy in clerks 2
    11-26-09 06:47 AM
    Me: You'll need to charge your new bluetooth before using it...
    Customer: Oh, you need to charge that??????
    Me(in my mind): No no, the bluetooth takes it energy in the air... No seriously!
    12-09-09 01:42 PM
    Omg, I found this thread an hour ago and havent been able to stop reading, these r priceless, I work in the banking industry and sadly enough we get the same ignorant questions from ppl concerning their money!! Anyways, watched the sales rep vs tech guy, completely awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 10:39 PM
    How about the best VZW CSR Comment ever?
    12-11-09 03:31 PM
    this happened yesterday, but i ran out of time to post!!! sorry for the length, but i am leaving out about 45 min of the call!!!!

so for the second time, ive gotten a crazy....well crazy enough for me to say "just go to the police, and get off my phones!!!!"

cust just got transfered tome from cust service, and the cust service rep starts off with "ok. so. ummmmmmmm........ Ive got kinda a wierd one here that i was hoping that you could take for me?"

me: "sure, what seems to be the problem?"

rep: " well, thats the thing, this lady has a story. Im not sure if even half of what she says is possable, or what, but maybe you could hlep?"

me: " I can try, whats going on?"

rep: "well, the cust is saying that her device is changeing channels on her tv? is that even something thats possable? It is also loading info on to the tv, like you know, personal info?"

me: "um, ok, I dont think that there is an app available to use the bb device as a remote, or if the devices are able to pair to send info......"

rep: " right. but her bb is doing things also, like frying computers, i guess its like trashed like 3 of her computers, and her device has been fried, and it has fried other phones on the acount, and something about her dog....... she is kinda hard to understand......hard to follow, you know?"

me thinking to myself : " great, another crack head!!!! swell. "
    to the rep: "right, well go ahead and bring her on over, and well see what i can do for her."

rep (with obviouse releif....poor kid) " really, thanks ok, ok man, let me grab her, ill be right back!"

xfer is made

me: hello mrs boop, i understand that we are having some issues with your bb device. that the device is doing things to your tv, and has crashed a couple of computers?"

cust : " yes, this bb device is doing some strange things, its downloading things on to my computers, im getting email on it, and i have all of that turned off you understand, its doing all these strange things..... its down loading things on to my computer, it has crashed my computer, work compuer, personal, my husbands, sisters, sister in laws, and another computer from someone else, it makes calls, you see, and i have all this stuff blocked, and i get call, and sometimes im not cure who im takling to, and my regular phone does these weird things, and i turn all this stuf off, im really paranoid, i take out the batteries, i keep them unplugged because they all do these things, and that internet, i think that people are using my device, and my phones, even my house phone you under stand to do things, and sometimes its to my computer, and my printer acts up, and my phone was stolen!!! right out of my purse it was stolen, and i called and got a device shipped to me, you understand, with all these things happening, they keep happening, and the printer was doing these weird things when i had my computer plugged in, and the house phone, but i had called to get a device shipped to me cause my bb got stolen out of my purse, tight outta my pure right, you under stand, and i got the phone like the next day!!! isnt that weird, and they shipped it, but they didnt knock, people were home, but they didnt knock, they just dropped it off on the porch, so i said no, im not accepting that, cause you guys said that it wouldnt be there for a couple of days! and now i got the new device, and its doing all these things like email, but i dont have an email with the bb, and now my tv, and the printer, and sometimes my house phone does all this stuff, and it is sending pics, and i think that someone is hangning around outside my house, and my dog, my poor dog is able to get out of his fence. Its because of the uhv uhf? rays, right, so all this stuff is happening with my device!!!!
    me thinking to my self: WWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    me: "ok so you r bb is doing things that you dont intend like (pick 3 or 4 things from that bable above) we can come up with a resolution to these issues....... have you spoken to the police, and the other wervices that you have in your house that are being affected?"
    cust:"yes, but im not sure who im speaking with, you know, like i takl to tech support, and im supposed to be getting calls back, and im leaving messages, but people are calling, aand i talk to people, and then i call again, and these people that ive talked to dont even work at the companie, so yeah, you know, i think ive talked, but im nit sure who im speaking with anymore, and i think some of these so called people are robots, you know, like one called, and screamed at me "where the eff are you?!???!" and i know that it wasnt you guys, but who was it? i dont even know if im talking to real people now you know?
    me: "right, sometimes you get call backs from like an automated system?"
    cust: "yes, thats it, like a robot, you know, and sometimes its real people, but how do i know who they are?"
    me: "O.K. so heere is what i would suggest, because i cant see anything on your acount, and all the settings look ok on your device, and ive looked at the bb admin, and there shouldnt be any way for this device to do these thing, i would sugggest going to the police, they have a special unit to deal with cyber crime, and stuff like this, hacking, and issues with possable compromized acounts......
    cust: "right, i have, ive talked to the local police, and ive takled to the state police, but i dont know, it seems like they kinda brushed me off, and i got a call, but i had my phone unpllugged, cause people keep trying to call me, and how do i know who they are, or if they are who they say?"
    me: "right, so i would go to the police station, and speak with some one, maybe have someone come to your house to see all this stuff thats going on."
    cust: "RIGHT!!!! i have all this evedence, you know, like pictures of my stuff going crazy, like pictures of my tv screen before whoever is doing this knows that ime even there you know!!! I could show them that!!!!"
    me: "right, you could, and maybe turn your stuff on, oput the batteries in, so that all the stuff would go nuts, another thing i would do is call what ever services you have when ever any thing.... you know, strange hapens with that service, that way there is a record of you calling in."
    cust: "alright, thats a good idea, but how do i know who im talking to or if they work for the company?"
    me: " well, most companies that supply home services like you cable, internet, phone, and wireless phone have empoyee badges and numbers, why dont you make a list of who you call, the date, time, and the person that you spoke with, and why, and get the badge #'s? thats just what id do, if this were happeneing to me."
    cust: "ok, that sound like a good idea, ill do that..... how do i know that you work for verizon?"
    me to my self : i dont!!!!!!
    me: " here is my badge # you can give it to the police if you want, and they can get ahold of verizon if they need to get ahold of me, they can."
    cust: " really, thats great!!!" Ill do that then, thank you so much for just listning to me, i think that most people i talk to about this think that im a total wack job, you know?"
    me: : yeah thats unfotunate, but these things are possable. (insert close)"

why do i get all the crazies!?!?!?!
    12-15-09 11:00 PM
    The sad part is after working at Verizon I have had crazies like that.
    12-15-09 11:09 PM
    How about the best VZW CSR Comment ever?
    Sounds like pure B.S. to me.
    12-15-09 11:10 PM
    I feel so bad for you.
    12-15-09 11:10 PM
    When that happens, you just have to sit back and let them go.
    12-15-09 11:16 PM
    Not to be a ****, but it sounds to me like that woman has serious mental issues, probably paranoid schizophrenia.
    12-15-09 11:32 PM
    Aw, man...can't say j3rk on the forum, what the heck!
    12-15-09 11:32 PM
    it is sad....... meth? mental disorder? mental disorder because of meth..... who knows, I think it just did her good to have someone listen. oh well, i wish her the best...... and on to the next!!!
    12-16-09 10:53 PM
    To all the CS people in this thread I feel your pain, no matter where it is working in the service industry is never easy. Ive never worked for VZW but have gotten just as many interesting customers working at chick fil a. Everything from insisting that we sell pizza and that I in fact work in a wendys to why wont my computer work around your store and a lady threatening my life if I dont put pickles on one sandwich but not the other.

Anyone who hasnt worked in service just thinks each strange customer is an isolated incidence but it really just is another day, the people that seem to show up are never the kind of people you know outside of work, often times they seem to be either stupid or nuts
    12-17-09 02:06 AM
    6+ billion ppl in the world, and everyone has a story to tell... some are just more amusing than others and they land here lol
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 12-17-09 at 03:12 PM.
    12-17-09 02:59 PM
    Sounds like she DIDN'T "just say no!"
    12-17-09 03:07 PM
    this happened yesterday, but i ran out of time to post!!! sorry for the length, but i am leaving out about 45 min of the call!!!!

so for the second time, ive gotten a crazy....well crazy enough for me to say "just go to the police, and get off my phones!!!!"

cust just got transfered tome from cust service, and the cust service rep starts off with "ok. so. ummmmmmmm........ Ive got kinda a wierd one here that i was hoping that you could take for me?"

rep: " well, thats the thing, this lady has a story. Im not sure if even half of what she says is possable, or what, but maybe you could hlep?"

rep: "well, the cust is saying that her device is changeing channels on her tv? is that even something thats possable? It is also loading info on to the tv, like you know, personal info?"

me: "um, ok, I dont think that there is an app available to use the bb device as a remote, or if the devices are able to pair to send info......"

rep: " right. but her bb is doing things also, like frying computers, i guess its like trashed like 3 of her computers, and her device has been fried, and it has fried other phones on the acount, and something about her dog....... she is kinda hard to understand......hard to follow, you know?"

to the rep: "right, well go ahead and bring her on over, and well see what i can do for her."

rep (with obviouse releif....poor kid) " really, thanks ok, ok man, let me grab her, ill be right back!"

xfer is made

me: hello mrs boop, i understand that we are having some issues with your bb device. that the device is doing things to your tv, and has crashed a couple of computers?"

cust : " yes, this bb device is doing some strange things, its downloading things on to my computers, im getting email on it, and i have all of that turned off you understand, its doing all these strange things..... its down loading things on to my computer, it has crashed my computer, work compuer, personal, my husbands, sisters, sister in laws, and another computer from someone else, it makes calls, you see, and i have all this stuff blocked, and i get call, and sometimes im not cure who im takling to, and my regular phone does these weird things, and i turn all this stuf off, im really paranoid, i take out the batteries, i keep them unplugged because they all do these things, and that internet, i think that people are using my device, and my phones, even my house phone you under stand to do things, and sometimes its to my computer, and my printer acts up, and my phone was stolen!!! right out of my purse it was stolen, and i called and got a device shipped to me, you understand, with all these things happening, they keep happening, and the printer was doing these weird things when i had my computer plugged in, and the house phone, but i had called to get a device shipped to me cause my bb got stolen out of my purse, tight outta my pure right, you under stand, and i got the phone like the next day!!! isnt that weird, and they shipped it, but they didnt knock, people were home, but they didnt knock, they just dropped it off on the porch, so i said no, im not accepting that, cause you guys said that it wouldnt be there for a couple of days! and now i got the new device, and its doing all these things like email, but i dont have an email with the bb, and now my tv, and the printer, and sometimes my house phone does all this stuff, and it is sending pics, and i think that someone is hangning around outside my house, and my dog, my poor dog is able to get out of his fence. Its because of the uhv uhf? rays, right, so all this stuff is happening with my device!!!!
    me: "ok so you r bb is doing things that you dont intend like (pick 3 or 4 things from that bable above) we can come up with a resolution to these issues....... have you spoken to the police, and the other wervices that you have in your house that are being affected?"
    cust:"yes, but im not sure who im speaking with, you know, like i takl to tech support, and im supposed to be getting calls back, and im leaving messages, but people are calling, aand i talk to people, and then i call again, and these people that ive talked to dont even work at the companie, so yeah, you know, i think ive talked, but im nit sure who im speaking with anymore, and i think some of these so called people are robots, you know, like one called, and screamed at me "where the eff are you?!???!" and i know that it wasnt you guys, but who was it? i dont even know if im talking to real people now you know?
    cust: "yes, thats it, like a robot, you know, and sometimes its real people, but how do i know who they are?"
    me: "O.K. so heere is what i would suggest, because i cant see anything on your acount, and all the settings look ok on your device, and ive looked at the bb admin, and there shouldnt be any way for this device to do these thing, i would sugggest going to the police, they have a special unit to deal with cyber crime, and stuff like this, hacking, and issues with possable compromized acounts......
    cust: "right, i have, ive talked to the local police, and ive takled to the state police, but i dont know, it seems like they kinda brushed me off, and i got a call, but i had my phone unpllugged, cause people keep trying to call me, and how do i know who they are, or if they are who they say?"
    me: "right, so i would go to the police station, and speak with some one, maybe have someone come to your house to see all this stuff thats going on."
    cust: "RIGHT!!!! i have all this evedence, you know, like pictures of my stuff going crazy, like pictures of my tv screen before whoever is doing this knows that ime even there you know!!! I could show them that!!!!"
    me: "right, you could, and maybe turn your stuff on, oput the batteries in, so that all the stuff would go nuts, another thing i would do is call what ever services you have when ever any thing.... you know, strange hapens with that service, that way there is a record of you calling in."
    cust: "alright, thats a good idea, but how do i know who im talking to or if they work for the company?"
    me: " well, most companies that supply home services like you cable, internet, phone, and wireless phone have empoyee badges and numbers, why dont you make a list of who you call, the date, time, and the person that you spoke with, and why, and get the badge #'s? thats just what id do, if this were happeneing to me."
    cust: "ok, that sound like a good idea, ill do that..... how do i know that you work for verizon?"
    me: " here is my badge # you can give it to the police if you want, and they can get ahold of verizon if they need to get ahold of me, they can."
    cust: " really, thats great!!!" Ill do that then, thank you so much for just listning to me, i think that most people i talk to about this think that im a total wack job, you know?"

I work for VZ Telecom in the credit/collections department and the calls that I get from customers range from mild to borderline wacky. I can honestly say that each day there is never, ever a dull moment!! LOL!
    12-17-09 06:58 PM

xfer is made

High five to the sales rep that sold this lady a phone that is obviously
    Way way way out of her league.

12-18-09 12:36 AM
    High five to the sales rep that sold this lady a phone that is obviously
    Way way way out of her league.

A stick of butter is out of her league.
    12-18-09 12:45 AM
    this threat is hysterical. Id like to say that in all my experience with VZW CS reps on the phone I have not had a rude or non helpful person on the other line. My experience with store reps and managers has been very varied and I have had one bad experience with tech support but CS has been nothing but helpful and have even gone out of the way to try to get a jackass store manager to help me out. Thanks guys for doing a good job and putting up with all the idiots that call, all of us who have worked in the service industry feel your pain.
    12-18-09 11:59 PM
    I'm a tech agent for a call center for VZW and I do too get some very funny stories. Whether it be customers or even store reps. Store reps just boggle my mind sometimes. I just don't understand them. For instance, last week, I had a store rep call...

Me: Thank you for calling VZW ... can I get your name please?
    Rep: Yeah, i need to replace customers phone"
    Me: What's going on with it today?
    Rep: Customer can hear people she calls but they can't hear her
    Me: Okay, will before we do anything as far as replacing the phone, We'll need to do some Troubleshooting steps.
    Rep: I already did that, please just replace the phone
    Me: Ok what did you do?
    Rep: soft reset, ota
    Me: Okay, have you tried profiles, to be sure it was turned on loud?
    Rep: No... I just need the phone replaced.

About 10 minutes later after getting her to do a few TS, I found out in the alerts people in her area where having issues where callers couldn't hear the person they're calling, and it was a issue being worked on.

Rep got mad at me and stated that "So my customer has to be without a phone for 4-6 days while they resolve the issue?"
    Me: "yes ma'am"
    Rep: What is this paper you're reading?
    Me: I'm not reading a paper, I'm reading the alerts, just like you have information on.
    Rep: I need your supervisor. My damn customer is NOt going out without a phone for that long, YOU are replacing this phone.
    Me: No ma'am we can't, as replacing the phone will do the same damage, until the issue is resolved by NRB.
    Rep: I'll just call back a gain, thats for not helping me. (but in a worser tone)

an hour later, she calls back, and another rep in a different call center replaces the phone. I even notated the account to not replace phone until alert is resolved... And the next rep did.

------

I am too annoyed when reps just don't read acct notations, and just replace devices.
    12-20-09 06:35 PM
    Another one, just happened a second ago. Customer calls in and her VZNav isnt working, I first got customer care..

CC: Hi yes, I have a issue with a customer's phone where the GPS is not processing the address
    Me: I'll be glad to help our customer out, can I get the # we're calling about?
    CC: Sure its xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Me: Thanks, if you'd like to bring customer on the Line, I'll be glad to help her.
    *** conferences call **
    Me: Hi Mrs ---, (after verifying acct info), I understand you're having issues with GPS not processing address.. I'll be glad to help you get your GPS working.
    Her: Yeah, this happened a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure why it's doing it now. I got lost in town a few weeks ago, and I really needed the GPS.
    Me: I can totally relate to that, I've gotten lost a few times where my GPS device was not working as it's suppose to.
    Her: Thanks for helping, I'm going out of town in a few hours, and I need this working asap!
    Me: Sure, can we go into opts < adv opts < GPS and can you read me off what is says?
    Her: Data services... Location On... Data source... GPS.
    Me: Great. Lets back out one, and go to Applications, highlight VZNavigator and click the BB Menu key and hit Edit Permissions.
    Her: k
    **** editing permissions to get the GPS to read properly.... *****
    Me: Great, lets do a *228 Opt 1, soft reset and while that's happening, I'm going to remove the feature, and readd it.
    *** 2 mins later ***
    Her: Wow Thanks! This works!
    Her:Is there a possiblity I can get a months CR for not using the GPS?
    Me: (looking over the acct for a few mins and in the remarks), I explained to the customer that we can't give her a CR because we have no notes on the acct of her calling in about the issue. (The dates she has called in were 2 months apart before the day she got VZNAV and a few weeks after she got it up until today was the first time she called about it).
    Her: That's BS! I need a CR, I couldn't use it for 3 weeks. (keep in mind, 3 weeks ago she got her VZNav put on).
    Me: Unfort we can't give this CR, (Note: I even had a supervisor look over it, and because there are no notes, we can't give a CR. keep in mind, she was also in Collections.)

Needless to say, customer agreed she couldn't get a credit, and not very pleased, she hung up.

sigh.
    12-20-09 07:54 PM
1,313 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD