01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    I hope you all have a sense of humor (those of you with humor error 404, smile and nod).
    I work for a call center and love my customers (I do... my coworker... eh, not so much when some become annoying).

****!!!
    i love my customers as much as you do...........you forgett to bring up the fact that i hate everybody equally

and i seem to remember a lady calling in.....
    "it says in my user manual that my phone beeds every Minute, how do i delete that?"
    you: "is youre device peebing now?"
    cust: " no, its not, but how do i get that off of my device!"
    you: " so the phone is not beeping at you?"
    cust: "no, its not.....are you stupid, its not beeping at me, i dont want it to beep at me!!!"
    you: " has it ever beeped at you?"
    cust: you are just not helping me at all, im going to call back and get someone how actually knows what they are doing!!!!"

i seem to remember you complaining about that customer for weeks!!!
    11-11-09 01:41 AM
    Five days this thread (thankfully) laid dormant...
    11-11-09 02:08 AM
    There's nothing wrong with this thread... In fact, there are many funny stories here....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 04:35 AM
    Indeed, I enjoy this thread.
    11-11-09 08:47 AM
    There's nothing wrong with this thread... In fact, there are many funny stories here....
    Indeed, I enjoy this thread.
    Yes & yes - but it doesn't belong in the VZW forums - it only serves to fan the flames of distrust between customers who may come here & VZW reps. Regardless of what anyone may think, for many, this is VZW reps making fun of customers - not a good thing to do to your reputation.

It would be better in the Social Forums, minus any connection to any particular carrier.
    11-11-09 08:53 AM
    Yes & yes - but it doesn't belong in the VZW forums - it only serves to fan the flames of distrust between customers who may come here & VZW reps. Regardless of what anyone may think, for many, this is VZW reps making fun of customers - not a good thing to do to your reputation.

It would be better in the Social Forums, minus any connection to any particular carrier.
    Well stated. Thank you!

11-11-09 09:04 AM
    Twins ya know how much I love to read your opinion, but why wait 71 pages to share it?
    11-11-09 10:17 AM
    Twins ya know how much I love to read your opinion, but why wait 71 pages to share it?
    I only have 27 pages. I have been ROBBED!
    11-11-09 10:31 AM
    Just had a customer where we went through all the troubleshooting we could and it came down to the last resort of a master reset. Being not fully awake myself I forgot to ask if he was calling from the phone that was having the issues. So started walking through the process of reseting then I noticed he was on the phone and by then we are on the 2nd to last step. I asked him 3 times if he an another number I could call him at. He was not paying attention to me I even told him if we go through the final step of this reset our call will be disconnected. Did not even get to the last step he had figured it out himself and guess what? Yeah the call was disconnected.
    11-12-09 11:22 AM
    How is it possible to go through all the troubleshooting on a phone while the customer is on it? Normally 1st step is I dunno Batt Pull?
    Sorry but fake stories aren't half as funny as true ones.
    11-12-09 11:28 AM
    he had already done some troubleshooting already with a previous rep
    11-12-09 11:42 AM
    he had already done some troubleshooting already with a previous rep
    From the Department of Redundancy Department?

Sorry, but this thread's existence in this forum is really starting to bug me (and others). It should be moved to the social forums or allowed to die, because it casts VZW customer service in a poor light as long as it is active here.
    11-12-09 05:31 PM
    not phone related, but customer related

Over the summer i was a whitewater rafting guide in Tennessee, the father on one of my trips asked me:

"does the water ever run the opposite way?"
    "what do you mean?"
    "does it run uphill?"

It took every ounce of strength to not laugh.
    11-12-09 06:55 PM
    To everyone who complains this thread gives us customers a bad rap...it's all this guy's fault
    11-19-09 04:23 PM
    So I was at the bus stop the other day about to hop on because my car isn't working atm. So I walk up and sit down. Only one bus comes at this stop. About five minutes later this other guy walks up to me, "hey has the bus come yet?". It took every ounce of my strength not to say something like, "yeah it did, I was just waiting for you. Here's your sign". Ugh.

11-19-09 06:46 PM
    From the Department of Redundancy Department?

Sorry, but this thread's existence in this forum is really starting to bug me (and others). It should be moved to the social forums or allowed to die, because it casts VZW customer service in a poor light as long as it is active here.

VZW's reps do a good enough job of casting a poor light on themselves. But I will admit that it would be wrong to say they all suck. I have talked to 3.7 good reps (the .7 was because they almost made it the whole call without sounding like a dumbass)!

11-20-09 08:43 PM
    VZW's reps do a good enough job of casting a poor light on themselves. But I will admit that it would be wrong to say they all suck. I have talked to 3.7 good reps (the .7 was because they almost made it the whole call without sounding like a dumbass)!
    It would be wrong to say they are all bad - the guy immediately above yours is proof there are good ones.

We just seem to have a larger percentage of the bad ones here, including the terminally rude, the crackheads, the uninformed & worse. But again, not all are poor & it isn't always the reps' fault - VZW is a pretty bad company all on its own with their schizophrenic ways & weird policies. AT&T is really no better. At least VZW's network is better than others.

How many reps did you have to go through to find the 3.7?
    11-20-09 08:50 PM
    no comment - although I would like to.
    11-20-09 09:02 PM
    Point taken. It is just sad that the bad reps bring down the rest. I have spoken to a few that were very nice and helpful. Sadly the bad far out numbers the good.

11-20-09 09:07 PM
    Here's how I see it:

This thread isn't the problem. The reps on the forum who cast themselves in a bad light, do so in many places besides this single thread.

The biggest example are people who snipe at customers or treat them like they are stupid just because they didn't hit the dang "search" button (which is more a forum netiquette issue than anything, and usage and expectations vary forum to forum) or because they don't understand something that is common knowledge to a rep. It's the "RTFM" attitude that turns people off, not the occasional giggle over the guy who took his battery out of his phone during a call or the person who thought their optical drive was a cupholder.

Something else: Care Reps. These are people who's job is to do nothing more than haggle down customers who are screaming demands of total credits over high bills (which are usually of the customer's own fault) and MAYBE do the occasional feature-add/delete or troubleshooting. They're often not on the same technological level as the nerds who hang out here, so people need to quit treating them like they're stupid or intentionally witholding service. (You wouldn't say such things to your parents, would you? And they're probably not all that tech-savvy.) If they don't know what they're doing, just politely ask for a tech. Problem solved.
    11-21-09 01:43 AM
    I'm a care rep and I can assure your our job is more than just to haggle down credits.
    11-21-09 03:00 AM
    I'm a care rep and I can assure your our job is more than just to haggle down credits.

Not putting it down (geez, look at the whole point of the post), it's just I have very fond memories of my beginnings in the Care side of the building...

(Okay, maybe not "fond", but yeah, that's the majority of the job as I remember it.) Yes, you also have to sell phones, do some clerical stuff like phone number changes and rerates, and some minor troubleshooting is done, but it was almost all haggling the way I remember it. Granted, my opinion may be skewed by the fact that I consider tech-related stuff to be "fun" and that made the haggling-stuff seem longer than usual. ^^;

Anywho, my comments are intended to be general. Not really aimed at anyone here.
    11-21-09 05:07 AM
    I guess if he can't get it moved, he'll just try to get it locked... For someone who does plenty of VZW bashing, its odd that he "cares" about this...

( I guess he gets a mod pass on the personal attack rule. If that's not a personal attack, then its just the most condescending post I've ever seen. Very mature)
    Is Twins a mod? That is over the top for a mod.
    11-22-09 12:03 PM
    Is Twins a mod? That is over the top for a mod.
    No, he isn't. Offending comment and replies to it
    removed. Keep it civil, please.
    11-22-09 12:07 PM
    Ahhhhhh here is another customer that just does not understand that I can not ts while they are on their phone.
    11-25-09 10:07 AM
1,313 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD