01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 3940414243 ...
tools

But I do get a chuckle out of you guys thinking you're God's gift to the consumer.
    Its ok we chuckle at your self entitlement.
    10-16-09 11:41 AM
    Self entitlement extends beyond wireless customers. Those wireless customers are also tenants. One came into my office recently asking me to sign something I am not authorized to sign. The person who is authorized to sign the paperwork (my wife/broker and landlady of the tenant I am speaking of) was out of the office but expected to return at any moment. I shared these facts with the tenant and she agreed to wait. While she was waiting she began asking about repairs that needed to be made to her unit. She remarked about how the repairs were long outstanding and inquired why it was taking so long and when the issues would be resolved. I told her that I had been able to document every occasion when my repair man attempted to enter the property to make the repairs only to be refused entry by her (the tenant) even after an appointment had been made in advance. I went on to say that if it weren't for her refusals the majority of the repairs would have already been made. Then I shared with her that the main contributor to her circumstance was that her heat/ac unit was clogged with cat hair from her 4 cats that spent the day sitting on it looking out the window and I reminded her that her lease allowed for ZERO pets. These combined for a sum total of the problem being her fault and the remedy being prevented by her and her alone. She went berzerk. Started screaming and cursing me. Telling me how other real estate companies (my competition) speak ill of me (gasp!) How she knew everything about me and how she was going to tell my wife how I had propositioned her 4 years ago and her friend (who was standing right there) was going to be a witness to my (alleged) misdeeds. When I asked what she heard inside her head that told her it was ok to enter a place of business and descend from proper decorum into a red-in-the-face hissy fit of cursing and name calling. Her face turned purple and she gave me the finger and the verbal command that it represents. I suggested that when she speaks with my wife about her allegations that she should act just the way she is acting right now, red face and all. I told her that she would be VERY convincing. Then I asked her to leave and, like a gentleman, I held the door open for her. Sheesh!
    10-16-09 12:32 PM
    Self entitlement extends beyond wireless customers. Those wireless customers are also tenants. One came into my office recently asking me to sign something I am not authorized to sign. The person who is authorized to sign the paperwork (my wife/broker and landlady of the tenant I am speaking of) was out of the office but expected to return at any moment. I shared these facts with the tenant and she agreed to wait. While she was waiting she began asking about repairs that needed to be made to her unit. She remarked about how the repairs were long outstanding and inquired why it was taking so long and when the issues would be resolved. I told her that I had been able to document every occasion when my repair man attempted to enter the property to make the repairs only to be refused entry by her (the tenant) even after an appointment had been made in advance. I went on to say that if it weren't for her refusals the majority of the repairs would have already been made. Then I shared with her that the main contributor to her circumstance was that her heat/ac unit was clogged with cat hair from her 4 cats that spent the day sitting on it looking out the window and I reminded her that her lease allowed for ZERO pets. These combined for a sum total of the problem being her fault and the remedy being prevented by her and her alone. She went berzerk. Started screaming and cursing me. Telling me how other real estate companies (my competition) speak ill of me (gasp!) How she knew everything about me and how she was going to tell my wife how I had propositioned her 4 years ago and her friend (who was standing right there) was going to be a witness to my (alleged) misdeeds. When I asked what she heard inside her head that told her it was ok to enter a place of business and descend from proper decorum into a red-in-the-face hissy fit of cursing and name calling. Her face turned purple and she gave me the finger and the verbal command that it represents. I suggested that when she speaks with my wife about her allegations that she should act just the way she is acting right now, red face and all. I told her that she would be VERY convincing. Then I asked her to leave and, like a gentleman, I held the door open for her. Sheesh!
    All I caught was selfentitlement and Sheesh!
    JK thats a crazy story don't know if I would have grabbed the door lol
    10-16-09 12:52 PM
    That particular tenant would find all of her belongings including the cats out in the parking lot the next time she came home from work if it were my building.
    10-16-09 12:54 PM
    All I caught was selfentitlement and Sheesh!
    JK thats a crazy story don't know if I would have grabbed the door lol
    i probably would of made sure it hit her on the way out.
    10-16-09 12:59 PM
    i probably would of made sure it hit her on the way out.
    Correct, or I would have made sure I hit her on the way out.
    10-16-09 01:02 PM
    Husband and wife walk into the store complaining about how much they hate their phones. These suck so on and so forth. Blah blah blah. What do they have? 2 envtouch phones. I listen to them talk about how horrible these phones are for 5mins. I try to walk through something that might make them like the phones better, and nothing is working. I check their account. They had the phones for 3 weeks. So I check the call timer. Husband had 19hours on the phone, and the wife had 27 hours on the phone...In 3 weeks!!! How bad can these phones be in you are on them that much?
    10-16-09 03:05 PM
    Love this thread, great stories everyone...

Thankfully I only worked 1 year as a call center rep., but during that time I gained a whole different kind of respect for call center reps that have to deal with customers over the phone.

Things I learned:
    I learned to laugh, silently in my head, at those people screaming in my ear. I learned that those who were kind and treated me like a human being would most generally always get what they ask for, even when they were in the wrong. During my first 6 months as a Customer Care rep I think I lost about 20% of my hearing due to all the screaming coming through my headset. I learned to switch ears often, sharing the love with each eardrum. After 6 months I switched to the Billing Dept. and that is truly when the calls got lovely and the excuses and ranting rolled in.

Here one of the stories that always sticks in my memory...

One evening a guy called in, I gave my opening line... as soon as I finished my last word the screaming began. I believe that I was hearing just about every curse word in the book.

Customer: "...I cant believe this F***ing bill, this sh** isn't going to cut it. Blah blah blah.. what would you people do if it wasn't for customers like me?!"

Me: (Pausing a second while I considered the fact that my supervisor, or the call center, may be monitoring my call... remembering my supervisor was one of my best friends I spouted off, calmly but sternly...) "Well sir, for one thing I wouldn't have to deal with much stress and I would probably sleep better at night..."

Customer: (silence... *Chuckles* then says...) "Oh man... (short pause)I can't believe you just said that haha" (thinking to myself, crap I am in for a reaming now) "Hey, I am really sorry." he says as he sighs... "I have had a really really bad day at work and I came home and saw this bill... I shouldn't be taking it out on you and again I am sorry."

Me: "Its OK... I am with ya everyday..." (pulling up his bill and history while all this was going on)...

Customer: *laughs out-loud*

Me: Would you like to speak to Customer Care about your bill and see if theres a problem with your plan?"

Customer: "Well yea... I mean no, I made the calls and went over. I just really had a bad day at work and I guess I didn't get the right calling plan setup but its not your fault..."

Me: (Showing empathy as I was taught) "Its OK, I understand... I've done it myself. Would you like to pay your balance tonight?"

Customer: "Yea I'll pay it..." (Gives me his CC info)
    Me: "Is there anything else I can help you with this evening."

Customer: "Yea, matter fact there is, can I speak to your Supervisor?"

Me: (Thinking here we go I'm gonna get written up for sure) "Sure thing..." (I put customer on hold and transfer the call to my Supervisors phone"

About 15 minutes later my Supervisor comes over and hands me a piece of paper. It was a Kudos card that the Supervisors give to the Reps when a customer would ask to speak to a Supervisor and give them Kudos. You could get a 1 through 5, 5 being best and the customer gave me a 5 lol.

I was floored and the rest of the night all the other calls were a breeze.

Later on that week I had a "Call Review" with one of the Call Centers call monitors. Its where they go over calls they recorded and they point out things you did that you could do better. The girl went over some call I had made with an older lady where I forgot to ask her for a payment right away. And a couple others I messed up on. When we was done she said. "I just want to tell you, I was listening the night you spoke to that guy that was cursing and screaming at you... (I immediately knew who she was speaking of)... You know the one you got to apologize to you... I laughed so hard when I heard you say what you did and just so you know, I forgot to record the call", she said as she gave me a wink. (Another good night out of many bad nights... oh the memories).
    Last edited by HailofaGuy; 10-16-09 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Showing the Love...
    10-16-09 06:46 PM
    I love when customers scream at you that they're going to another carrier.... and you just want to laugh and say, "Oh, does that mean I won't get to see your smiling face EVER AGAIN? Sad."
    10-16-09 08:00 PM
    I hereby nominate this response for "crackberry.com forum post of the year!"
    10-17-09 02:15 AM
    Acting calm when customers are angry always wins.
    10-17-09 08:09 PM
    Acting calm when customers are angry always wins.
    Agreed - This is how I would handle it. That is if I was in a postion to do so.
    10-17-09 09:03 PM
    Great story that happened to me today.

I'm on my way to work when my employer calls me,
    "hey jordan I have a question for you"
    "ask away"
    "there's a guy here with his car on a tow truck with no rims on his car.
    I looked at his work order and it shows that you put four new tires on his car
    FOUR days ago, did you forget to put his tires back on the car? He's stating that
    when he got home he noticed he didn't have any wheels"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 09:05 PM
    I've personally never had a problem with a Verizon rep, just saying that it's very possible that Verizon can hire a problem employee.

But I do get a chuckle out of you guys thinking you're God's gift to the consumer.
    I hereby nominate this response for "crackberry.com forum post of the year!"
    I rest my case.
    10-19-09 10:03 AM
    I rest my case.
    Meaning... anyway I laugh right now everytime I get an alltel call...
    10-19-09 11:01 AM
    I rest my case.
    I'll bet you do
    10-19-09 04:36 PM
    Great story that happened to me today.

I'm on my way to work when my employer calls me,
    "hey jordan I have a question for you"
    "ask away"
    "there's a guy here with his car on a tow truck with no rims on his car.
    I looked at his work order and it shows that you put four new tires on his car
    FOUR days ago, did you forget to put his tires back on the car? He's stating that
    when he got home he noticed he didn't have any wheels"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol what?
    10 char
    10-19-09 04:37 PM
    sense I am not a VZW employee and my customers are end users I thought I would post this here..

it will probably make you laugh maybe..

Years back I put a brand new computer with windows 2000 I believe it was at the time onto someones desk.

The person called me convinced that the keyboard or something was broken because he couldn't log on.

I went down there and asked him to show me the steps he was taking..

the screen had the press ctrl + alt+ delete to log in.

he pressed
    cntrl then let go
    then pressed alt then let go
    then delete then let go

Now I know that every user is on different levels but inside I was definitely laughing a little

i get it, he forgot to press the +'s. hahaha. what a moron.
    10-19-09 06:05 PM
    and Hail you win... well something... here we go *cookie*
    10-19-09 06:25 PM
    and Hail you win... well something... here we go *cookie*
    My mommie told me never to take cookies from strangers and your stranger then I am.
    10-20-09 12:08 PM
    My mommie told me never to take cookies from strangers and your stranger then I am.
    No way, your avatar clearly maks you stranger than me lol... and DING! 500! Lvl 4 of the addiction begins lol
    10-20-09 05:11 PM
    *insert Final Fantasy victory music here*
    10-20-09 06:12 PM
    yesterday... "I have this aircard and i have to say, i love it. I use it everywhere and it always works. ****, i even used it in montreal! There better not be any hidden charges for that...."
    10-20-09 07:04 PM
    LOL... that will be a fun time when the customer gets that bill
    10-20-09 07:11 PM
    Wow...i have miles of these. But for the sake nobody wanting to read a million....i'll just post one.
    I am a legacy alltel employee recently converted to VZW. When i was in training for alltel my classmates and i were discussing some of the odd things we had seen in our short time with the company. When we got around to the person sitting next to me he said he had one of the regular customers who comes in every day with a new set of questions to ask (somehow coming up with new ones every other day). He walked in the door, looked the rep square in the face, serious as can be and said
    "i have a problem. When i lick my phone (demonstrates) it shocks me!"

wow...thats all i could say
    10-21-09 12:22 AM
1,313 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD