01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Is your life so shallow and empty you have to write an essay of insults excusing the behavior of people treating PEOPLE in a way that is in no way excusable?
    BRAVO!!!!

Every field/occupation does it. Ours are just funnier here.
    10-10-09 10:00 PM
    Customer comes in with an LG8350 that has the right hinge broken which is a defect, but i also notice that the battery mark is red which would void the warrenty, but the water mark on the phone is fine. He says no way it got water and that batt holds charge just fine. So cool, I try telling customer theres a good chance they will honor the defective crack & they will send you replacement phone without batt so it should work out for you. Customer goes outside to smoke, I call up warrenty and go through the process, and they agree to send out replacement phone without battery. I wave him in too come back in to get proper shipping address and he comes flying in like a lunatic hold his phone over his head and cracks it in half as he yells all types of non sense. Im like no sir, they where going to honor it, it would have been free under warrenty but now since you broke in half it voids the warrenty. Mean while warrenty rep heard customers whole meltdown, customer now can get it replaced for full retail!!!! So even going a further step and trying to help him with a bending rules a bit does nothing in the fight against stupidity
    Last edited by tormenta78; 10-12-09 at 03:23 PM.
    10-12-09 03:19 PM
    Good thing he had a smoke to calm his nerves... LOL.
    10-12-09 03:21 PM
    I've learned that not bending the rules works best lol
    10-13-09 07:30 AM
    My friend worked in the electronics department of a very well know supermarket chain in the UK, and one day an older gentleman decided to buy a wireless router, so he came in and bought it...

Next day he returns to the store REALLY angry and shouting and swearing at my mate because the thing wouldn't power up wirelessly and he had to plug it in lol, he was really annoyed that it never had wireless power hahaha....
    10-13-09 07:35 AM
    he comes flying in like a lunatic hold his phone over his head and cracks it in half as he yells all types of non sense. Im like no sir, they where going to honor it, it would have been free under warrenty but now since you broke in half it voids the warrenty. Mean while warrenty rep heard customers whole meltdown, customer now can get it replaced for full retail!!!!
    What really sucks is that you can order parts from LG to replace that flex cable and the hinge for 50 plus tax...
    10-13-09 11:36 AM
    I have just read 1 page of this thread and I love it so far.

Gonna be my new reading material while on the toilet.

As long as we have noobs I will have a smile on my face.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 11:51 AM
    I know the 1st like 10-15 pages are the best.
    10-13-09 11:52 AM
    I work in IT. At my previous job, there was a lady in accting that had her mouse buttons labeled with a Sharpie: L & R. When I replaced it one time, I noticed she marked the new one...

A secretary stopped me as I passed by.

"I can't login."
    "Well, give it a try and let's see what's wrong."
    she does a C-A-D and types in 4 numbers in the pword
    "See it doesn't work"
    "That's too short to be your windows login"
    Blank stare...
    "Here, let's try it again..."
    She types in 4 numbers again...
    "That's probably your vmail pword, your Windows pword should be longer..."
    Blank stare...
    "OK, you walk in, in the morning, you hit C-A-D on your keyboard, you type in a pword... WHAT IS IT???"
    Blank stare... oh wait, the hourglass is turning... LIGHTBULB!!
    She types in her password and it logs her in...

She worked there before I started and we had NEVER done a password change. She literally had the same pword for years and simply forgot that day. I shortened this for the sake of typing. We went back and forth for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards, I went and sat in my office and held my head...
    That is absolutely brilliant. I would love to meet her and buy her a beer for putting a smile on my face.

Lightbulb couldn't be a better password.

You cannot write comedy like that. You can only be born that stupid. Lol

10-13-09 03:08 PM
    I idont think lightbulb was the p/w i think he ment the light went on in her head
    10-14-09 10:34 AM
    Arent you guys suppose to be Customer Service Repsnot Customer Judgment Reps? The goal of the CSR is to satisfy the customer based on their needs. Have you ever had a bad day or just gotten out on the wrong side of the bed? Who really knows why someone is in a bad mood? Family illness, death of a loved one, hangover, found a ding in your car door parked in the VZW parking lot? Jumping to conclusions and pre-judging a customer based on their current state of mind and using this as the basis of how you take care of the customer is just BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and immature behavior. I will agree that the customer should come to the table with an agreeable attitude but in the real world, the reality is that you are going to get your share of irate and/or unreasonable clients. Youll also get your share of unrealistic demands. That is the nature of your business. However, your job is to take care of them, both good and bad. At least, I would think that your employer would want you to. Without all these customers, you have no job.

Let me share a personal experience that happened to me many years ago. I was working for a Custom AudioVideo Retailer and took a phone call on a Saturday. The customer was irate. After exchanging names and explaining that we had never met or spoken to each other I settled him down, asked him to explain his issue, and that I would do my best to help him. He stated that he had made a considerable purchase that included a video projector and motorized screen. The screen was defective and had ripples in it. He had previously called the store but the issue was still unresolved. The Super Bowl was the following weekend and he wanted the screen fixed, or a complete refund on the project. The original salesman was no longer with the company so I explained that it was Saturday and there was nothing I could do until Monday, but I would do my best to get him a new screen by game time. I called the manufacturer on Monday, explained the situation and they agreed to expedite the manufacture of a new screen and that I would have it by Saturday. The screen came in and was satisfactorily installed in time for the game and the client was happy. This client is now my friend and has purchased over $150,000 worth of electronics from me over the years and has sent well over a $1,000,000 worth of referrals to me. He is also a stockbroker and has turned me on to some very lucrative IPOs and other investments.

The goal of a customer service rep should be to satisfy ALL their customers. The measuring tape and challenge of a great CSR is how many of the irate customers can you turn around and make your friend, if only for the moment of that phone call or meeting in the store. The genial customer is easy to take care of. The challenge is satisfying the difficult customer, and those situations can bring you the most pleasure in your job if you let it.

Making fun of your customers is immature behavior. All of you: are your lives so shallow and empty that you feel the need to post in "Things that customers say that just make us laugh???" Or are you so miserable with your job that this is the only way to get stress relief? If so, find a better, more constructive way to vent. Do your job a little better and start a thread: Irate customers I have made friends with!
    the problem is you can't fix stupid... we have frustrating days ourselves, and this is a way to vent out those situations... you were dealing with an easy situation with Mr bent screen... ok, you replaced the screen and you saved a customer. very typical reaction to a fixable issue. I commend you.
    the issue that I have with your response is: that it is your perception. the reality of the situation is that this being a minor part of our entire experience, we get the non-stockbroker with less intelligence and a hyperfuse, that when demanding credit for unjustifyed issues, throw fits and bash their heads into the store wall (THIS IS AN ACTUAL EVENT... IT HAPPENED). this type of behavior would totally embarrass my 5 year-old.
    this unravelling of our day is NOT a defamation of the 98%... it is a venting of the special 2% that have issues we do not have the T/s to fix (not to mention the serious amounts of medication we would need to dole out).
    I have irate customers every day AAAANNNND help them out, but, none that shoot sunshine out their hind quarters quite like the suggestion of adding a thread like Irate customers I have made friends with!... please don't h8 us. we might need to post a thread on you... LOL (don't go bending it out of shape, I am kidding).
    the fact is that we do turn the customers from mad to happy EVERY day. but posting sun-shine Glurge is more for the spammers of the world... I like my cinicism served cold...
    BTW how was Dallas Mrs Kennedy?
    10-15-09 01:03 AM
    I idont think lightbulb was the p/w i think he ment the light went on in her head
    You are correct, but I didn't want to spoil their enthusiasm...
    10-15-09 01:17 AM
    I LOVE this thread. I'm new here. I've never sold phones, but I used to work retail at Best Buy and I have a few crazy run ins. I'll get to a couple of those later.
    I KNOW cell phones salespeople get a lot of crazies, but I will have to agree with a few here who say they basically can understand people going to the store ready to fight because they've had a legitimate bad experience before.

Here is what happened to me. I'm sure a rep or two will chime in that I was wrong, but oh well.....such be it.

About 7 years ago, I signed up for verizon. A friend of mine told me if you call in 14 days and explain that you found a better deal, they would cut you a better price to keep you. I did just that. I wasn't rude, or mean, just discussed, laughed, talked, and got like an extra 25% off my monthly bill. I always keep my phones a long time. so, I kept that phone almost 3 years. When I went in to upgrade, I discussed with the sales guy going to a larger minute plan. I explained to him that I had a discount on my account and I did not want to lose it. Rather than lose it, I'd rather keep my current plan. He checked the system and said the discount was tied to my account, not my plan so the plan didn't matter. I decided to do the upgrade, and as we're checking out, I ask again, are you SURE, there is now ay I'll lose my discount by changing this plan?
    rep "No, its tied to your account, so it'll be the same."

Sure enough, I get my first bill, and the discount is gone. I go in, find my rep. He remembers me.
    He says ok, I'll fix it. He says, who do you work for?
    I said, thats irrelavent, but its ****. (My job didn't have any discount...it was just a personal discount on my account remember).
    I explained to him my discount wasn't related to my job.
    The look on his face was that of "oh ****".
    So, he says he can get it back somehow.
    He tries, gets a the manager, they can't fix it.
    He tells me to come back in a couple days and he'll have a resolution. Tells me what days he works.

I go back later, hes not there (when hes supposed to be). I call back to the store later, leave word to call me. No call.

After another 2 weeks of chasing him, I called and left word, that if he didn't call me back, I'd be at the store on friday, and I wont be leaving until we speak face to face. He can ignore me if he wants, but I'm coming back in.

He calls back later that day oddly enough. Finally, he says, there is nothing he can do to fix the discount. I said, well just put it in that I work for some company that has a discount. He says he can't. I said, ok, well, I figured up what the discount would save me from the time Ir esigned this contract till it expires in 24 months, so just apply a one time credit to my account for that amount.
    He says he'll have to get someone higher. I end up speaking with the regional manager for SC a couple days later and explain it all to him.

Finally, a couple days after that, he calls back and says he can do half of that, but thats all he can do. I told him to go ahead, I'll take half cause I'm tired of fighting. Pretty much the end.

I hate it when people say they know crap, and they have no idea, and are too good or "smart" to check first before pulling crap out of their Butts.
    *holding the BS flag high and proud.*
    10-15-09 09:13 AM
    Please note: after reading these posts think about the reps, if you call in and think they are rude, chances are they have just had a higher number of stupid customers than normal.
    Or perhaps the rep is just an ignorant rude person?
    10-15-09 11:44 AM
    Yeah, thats all we hire.

Call VZW customer service any given day of the week. You are greeted by a polite and friendly customer service rep. Once you start asking them to do obnoxious things to your account is when they might become "short" with you.
    10-15-09 12:35 PM
    Not a csr, but adding to my list.
    10-15-09 12:57 PM
    You are correct, but I didn't want to spoil their enthusiasm...
    I am now changing a random password to lightbulb lol
    10-15-09 01:38 PM
    Yeah, thats all we hire.

Call VZW customer service any given day of the week. You are greeted by a polite and friendly customer service rep. Once you start asking them to do obnoxious things to your account is when they might become "short" with you.
    SHORT!?
    I resemble that remark!

LMAO
    10-15-09 02:40 PM
    ok thats it come out damn it
    10-15-09 03:42 PM
    the problem is you can't fix stupid... we have frustrating days ourselves, and this is a way to vent out those situations... you were dealing with an easy situation with Mr bent screen... ok, you replaced the screen and you saved a customer. very typical reaction to a fixable issue. I commend you.
    the issue that I have with your response is: that it is your perception. the reality of the situation is that this being a minor part of our entire experience, we get the non-stockbroker with less intelligence and a hyperfuse, that when demanding credit for unjustifyed issues, throw fits and bash their heads into the store wall (THIS IS AN ACTUAL EVENT... IT HAPPENED). this type of behavior would totally embarrass my 5 year-old.
    this unravelling of our day is NOT a defamation of the 98%... it is a venting of the special 2% that have issues we do not have the T/s to fix (not to mention the serious amounts of medication we would need to dole out).
    I have irate customers every day AAAANNNND help them out, but, none that shoot sunshine out their hind quarters quite like the suggestion of adding a thread like Irate customers I have made friends with!... please don't h8 us. we might need to post a thread on you... LOL (don't go bending it out of shape, I am kidding).
    the fact is that we do turn the customers from mad to happy EVERY day. but posting sun-shine Glurge is more for the spammers of the world... I like my cinicism served cold...
    BTW how was Dallas Mrs Kennedy?
    If only this kind of sound logic had been applied to the reverse thread (about things VZW workers say) it wouldn't have devolved into nonsense like it did. Too many people getting up in arms about nothing, the occasional few in this thread, and the multitude in the other. some of the reps were unnecessarily offended over there.

Anyway, amusing thread. I enjoyed the kiosk story with the woman that lost her receipt and box and went ballistic the most. Keep em coming.

10-15-09 03:54 PM
    One of my favorites...
    We have 2 corporate stores kiddie corner from each other. The store accross the street calls me one day with a heads up that this guy is probably coming over to my store... and he did. Oh did he ever. He has a cracked display on his LG9700. I asked him how it happened and got the whole, "I don't know. I picked it up and it was just like that" sob story... and advised him that I could replace it, but it would be a 50 dollar fee. Same story the other store gave him. After about 5 minutes of him telling me there was no crack in the display because he couldn't "feel" it.... I started going into how LCD cracks are internal, and he starts yelling at me... Tells me he's some blah blah blah in the military and works with LCD's all day long and how LCD's are "his job". Finally, I got sick of his mouth and slid his phone back to him accross the counter and said, "Sir.... I also deal with LCD displays all day long, and this is MY job." He got even more upset and left the store. I noted his account with a big fat NOT HAPPENING!

Another one...

This lady came in and she had just purchased her phones. She WOULD have been within her 30 days, but guess what? Authorized Dealer! Anyways, she was stating the phone wasn't holding a charge. When asked how long the charge was holding, she stated FIVE, yes FIVE days. I explained to her that was well above "normal" and she became infuriated, stating her husbands phone lasts over a week and her mother is sick and she needs her phone to stay charged and yadda yadda. Seriously lady? How long do you want this effin thing to stay charged before your lazy **** plugs it in!?? Holyyyyyyy. She ended up canceling. I wonder if she found a better battery life with someone else. Wow.

I have a hundred of them. lol I just love our customers. I had an old man stomp his feet at me like a 2 year old once because verizon wouldn't pay for his extended battery. And a woman who went through 4 phones for poor signal strenth and refused to believe it was where she lived. And a guy who threw his phone against the wall behind my head because he owned it for one day and cracked the display and had to pay a fee.

And these are just the situations that stick out in my head because the customers were screaming at me like children. lol

It just never gets old. Ever.
    10-16-09 12:43 AM
    I noted his account with a big fat NOT HAPPENING!
    So thats who put that on there lol
    10-16-09 08:11 AM
    Ah... too much...

I'm still thinking about the lady I had whom I spent almost 20min trying to get her to push the blackberry menu button on her phone. ( never ended up getting it ) and she kept calling the icons "icins"
    My supervisor and I listened to it as a QA and he said "If she says 'icins' one more time I'm going to slit my throat"
    LMAO

Im sorry my customers are generally benign.
    10-16-09 08:35 AM

Another one...

This lady came in and she had just purchased her phones. She WOULD have been within her 30 days, but guess what? Authorized Dealer! Anyways, she was stating the phone wasn't holding a charge. When asked how long the charge was holding, she stated FIVE, yes FIVE days. I explained to her that was well above "normal" and she became infuriated, stating her husbands phone lasts over a week and her mother is sick and she needs her phone to stay charged and yadda yadda. Seriously lady? How long do you want this effin thing to stay charged before your lazy **** plugs it in!?? Holyyyyyyy. She ended up canceling. I wonder if she found a better battery life with someone else. Wow..
    I think that we helped the same lady. When I helped a lady with the same battery "issue"(after about 10mins) I looked her in the eye, and said " Im sorry, but that is impossible." Which she got pissed about. My husband wouldnt lie to me about the way that charged his phone... my relpy "maybe he is a closet phone charger?" She walked out jsut as pissed as when she walked into the store.
    10-16-09 09:33 AM
    Yeah, thats all we hire.

I've personally never had a problem with a Verizon rep, just saying that it's very possible that Verizon can hire a problem employee.

But I do get a chuckle out of you guys thinking you're God's gift to the consumer.
    10-16-09 11:31 AM
1,313 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD