01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Had to laugh.
    As always store rep say that customer can support BES on 29.99 plan. This guy calls in with his IT department(always appreciated) and wants to set up his BES but they are having issues. I have this happen all the time, just add the 44.99 plan and remove the other good to go. So this guy loses his mind about paying more for his plan and how they misinformed him in the store. I tell him sometimes his Work will pay for that extra 15.00$ and now the IT guy goes off about how we should credit him for the 15.00$... Normally its no prob for that first month... This guy wants 2 years worth of credit for the mishap. After a giggle on mute I tell him I will credit him for the month but now he is aware of the extra charges and we're not forcing him into the BES plan and so on. Well now there's 2 of them on speaker phone yellin at me and they finally ask for my supervisor, who is a take no b.s. type of guy. They argue with him and my supe asks for the name of the rep that misinformed him so he could follow up to reduce these issues in the future, of course he
    had no idea. So he gets his 15.00 for 3 months of service. I don't know why this issue comes up so much...
    I'd bet you that the store rep told him that, and he completely disregarded it. Happens all the time.
    That's what a VZW rep told me.
    09-20-09 10:52 PM
    Had to laugh.
    As always store rep say that customer can support BES on 29.99 plan...
    it couldn't possibly be that the customer was trying to get his way and get the cheaper setup....it's obviously the rep's fault, automatically, right?

oh, and as a side thought...if you use "work email" via OWA (Outlook Web Access) you CAN run it via BIS, just not all the time....the mail admin has to have not set a block on it... our local school district uses an OWA setup that's unrestricted and BIS is able to pull the email, but, alltel/verizon block it so that it's not allowed....so, it's possible, but, not always.
    09-21-09 10:09 AM
    My neighbor got this call this morning...

Customer: "aaahh... um.. my email wont work on my blackberry"
    *brings up account after getting email address and pin*
    Tech: "I see that your email pw has been invalidated; this happens sometimes, I'd be more than happy to help you revalidate it."
    Customer: "my email doesnt HAVE a pw"
    Tech: "Most web based emails do require pw's"
    Customer: "Well mine doesnt, I set it up through yahoo..."
    Tech notices that the email address is msn.com
    Tech: "I understand however web based emails require a pw; any email setup through your bb require a pw and you would have had to put it in when setting up the email on your bb origionally"
    Customer: *crickets* "oh..."
    *click*
    09-21-09 10:55 AM
    I love it when customers come in and ask " Ya'll got them new blueberry phones"
    09-22-09 12:01 AM
    lol after going through this thread i have to add my story now i don't work for verizon but i did work for circuit city pt time when they were open i go some cpu story's as well as verizon story's I've witnessed....

lady brings in laptop

cus: my laptop doesn't work..
    me: ok what's wrong with it i'll be able to help you
    cus: it wont turn on i spent to much money on this thing for it not to work i just bought the damn thing yesterday
    me: ok well let me take a look at it... mam where is the battery?
    cust:what battery?
    me: the battery that sits right here

crickets lol

or

cust: i wanna return this?
    me: ok whats wrong with it?
    cust: i just don't want it.
    me: ok pulls laptop out of the box...broken screen
    me: mam we can't take this back the screen is broken
    cust:so what i have my receipt (screaming)
    me:the screen is broken you broke it and now want to return it
    cust: so whats wrong with that?
    me:smh

now verizon

cust:my phone doesn't work
    my friend: whats wrong with it
    cust: it rings but wont answer the call
    friend: ok well let me take a look at it..what r u doing when it rings?
    cust:nothing it rings i put it to my ear but it just keeps ringing
    friend: :wow: ummm here push this button next time
    cust: oooooo ok walks out of the store extremely fast
    09-22-09 01:34 AM
    I love this thread.
    I used to do tech support for Bell internet and you really get some doozies...
    My biggest pet peeve would be when customers would call and be on hold for a couple of minutes because of high call volume and then would ***** at you for another 5 minutes or so when the problem could have been solved or half solved in that time.
    Or when they say... "Well I pay my bill every month so that you can get paid..." Umm... Actually I will get paid whether you pay or bill or not. I really don't care!!!

I also worked Front Desk at a hotel and WOW! Some people think that they are the $hit and deserve a special rate.
    I had one lady argue with me until she was blue in the face that she should not have to pay taxes on the room because she was not informed there would be taxes added. I had all I could do to hold back bursts of laughter.

Anyways... I can relate to most of these posts being there myself at one point!!! Keep them coming!!!
    09-23-09 01:46 PM
    it couldn't possibly be that the customer was trying to get his way and get the cheaper setup....it's obviously the rep's fault, automatically, right?

oh, and as a side thought...if you use "work email" via OWA (Outlook Web Access) you CAN run it via BIS, just not all the time....the mail admin has to have not set a block on it... our local school district uses an OWA setup that's unrestricted and BIS is able to pull the email, but, alltel/verizon block it so that it's not allowed....so, it's possible, but, not always.
    Thanks for your input which I am totally aware of. I know that some work emails run a pop email as well and they can use bis. As for its automatically the rep's fault the answer is no. In this case after talking with both the customer and his IT dept. it was the reps fault. You must be a store rep to take such offense.
    09-24-09 09:01 AM
    *snickers*
    09-24-09 10:02 AM
    Where do customers come up with the "c" in sandisk? I always get customers asking "hey you guys have scan disk memory cards?"
    09-24-09 09:53 PM
    I work for a wireless carrier that sells wireless modems and allows third party vendors to sell them.

Customer comes in to our wireless store, having bought laptop and USB modem at (electronics store).

Cust: I can't get on the internet and I think I'm just going to return this thing anyway because it won't even work unless it's plugged into the wall. (Customer has not installed battery)

Me: Let's take a look, where's your modem and battery?

Cust: This thing runs on batteries?

Me: Ahh, not not flashlight batteries, but yes it should have a battery that installs right here. (Pointing to empty battery slot)

Cust: Well I have the internet thingy (hands me the ac adapter)

Me: Right. That's the AC power adapter that charges the battery or allows you to use the unit on AC power.

Cust: No, that's how I get on the internet.

(I explain to the customer that she needs to bring me all the "stuff" she has at home that came with her computer) Customer comes back several hours later with a huge pile of packing material and all the "stuff".

Of course, the battery has no juice. I install the battery and plug in the AC adapter (Forgetting that the customer thinks it's the modem). Power up, plug in USB modem, install software, works like a champ.

Cust: See, I told you I had to have it plugged into the wall to work. That's how I get my internet.

Me: No, that's what charges the battery. This little thing is the wireless modem. (Pointing to USB modem)

Cust: This thing runs on batteries? What size? That can't be the modem because it's not even plugged into the wall. You have to be plugged into the wall to get the internet. Are you sure you even know what you are doing?

Me: (In dream world: Beats customer to death with laptop, then drags body out into the parking lot) Real world: Sigh. Let's go over all this again.
    09-24-09 11:31 PM
    *snickers*
    *likewise*
    09-24-09 11:32 PM
    So I got a call today I had to share

cust:I went into a store My phones screen isnt working
    me:well im sorry to here your screen isnt working lets go ahead and bring up the account and see what I can do
    (got mobile num verified and what not)
    Me: ok miss looks like you were having an issues with your phone not powering on completly and the store you went into was going to replace the phone,but you declined
    Cust: Yes I dont want a refurbished phone I have only had my phone since January,its a new phone I dont want a refurbished phone
    Me:miss I do apoligize but our warrenty policies states after your our of you wfg for the remander of your 1 year warrenty you will get a replacement but it will be clnr
    Cust:Ok I guess if I have to ,So all my information will be in this one your sending right?
    Me:Unfortunetly i do apologize your information will still be in your phone.and if that wont turn on we are not going to be recover any of that informatin
    Custk i guess i dont have a choice.
    ****orders replacement and disclosers blah blah
    Me: We did go ahead and order you a replacement today anything else i can help you with
    Cust: no Thats it
    Me: Well thank you for calling verizon wireless you have a nice day
    followed by me muting the phone,2 seconds later
    Cust:Arent you going to give me any bonus minutes?
    Me:*unmute phone*excuse me?
    Cust:Arent you going to give me bonus minutes?
    Me:Umm,Im not able to offer you any bonus mins at this time.This situation doesnt merrit for giving bonus minutes
    Cust:well im without a phone
    Me:Miss,I do see you have activated another phone on that line till you get yours replaced,also you were offered a replacement in store .
    Cust:you cant give me any
    Me:I apologize but at this time i am not able to issue any bonus mins,is there anything else that i can help you with
    Cust: well I guess not
    Me: ok THank you for calling verizon wireless you have a good night.
    09-25-09 07:48 AM
    I get a lot of prepaid calls working late at night and we dont help them in my department and we have to transfer them but we get some funny ones

Cust:im upset
    Me:I apologize what can i help you with?
    Cust:my 6 year old son
    *long pause*
    Me: uhuh
    Cust:well he was playing with my phone and it got so hot it burned his cheek
    Me: wow miss i apologize for that ,what i would recommend is taking it to a corp store for them to look at it
    **Random outburst of the night*
    Cust: IM SO ANGRY I DONT EVEN WANT TO BUY MINUTES!
    Me:Ok miss i do apologize her is the number for the prepaid department

oh and then there is the call
    Mek sir we just sent you our a clnr you should have that by monday or tuesday at the latest
    Custk,can you send me a loaner phone till I get that?
    Me:*literally speechless for a moment* Sir we dont send out loaner phones,it would take as long as your replacement would take to get to you
    Custh
    09-25-09 07:55 AM
    I have to admit that i am totally guilty of stupidity. mainly when it comes to cars though. A few years ago i got a new car. just like a phone didnt really get all the different features and alerts that it gave. One night the car started honking at me. i looked at the dash and found that i needed to add antifreeze to the car. i called my fiance and asked him what i should do. he started walking me through the steps to put the antifreeze in my car but at the last minute told me to stop.

"Make sure that you are putting antifreeze and not coolant in the car. Dont put coolant in your car."

He then paused as he knew that i had picked up the bottle and checked to see if it was in fact coolant or antifreeze. shortly after he started laughing cuz he knew that i had read coolant/antifreeze on the bottle.

Still get crap to this day about it but have to admit it was preatty stupid of me.
    09-26-09 10:42 AM
    I love this thread!

Cust: my blackberry is dead, it wont do anything. I woke up and it wont turn on.
    Me: ok sir have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in?
    Cust: YES!
    Me: ok. Can I have you plug it into you phone charger please?
    Cust: yeah I just did and now I see the battery looking thing with a lightning bolt.
    Me: looks like your phone was dead sir.
    Cust: But I charged it all night
    Me: How were you charging it?
    Cust: It was plugged in to my PC, would it not charge if my PC was off?
    Me: no
    09-27-09 09:10 AM
    just had this call...

Cust: what operating system version do I have on my storm?

Me: under options/about the 3rd line what does it say?

Cust: V4.7.0.148

Me: ok you got the new OS on you storm sir.

Cust: NO! do I have XP or Vista?

Me:...
    09-27-09 02:23 PM
    just had this call...

Cust: what operating system version do I have on my storm?

Me: under options/about the 3rd line what does it say?

Cust: V4.7.0.148

Me: ok you got the new OS on you storm sir.

Cust: NO! do I have XP or Vista?

Me:...
    You shouldve said neither, you have windows 7
    09-28-09 12:23 AM
    either that or windows 98 :P
    09-28-09 12:25 AM
    l

cust:my phone doesn't work
    my friend: whats wrong with it
    cust: it rings but wont answer the call
    friend: ok well let me take a look at it..what r u doing when it rings?
    cust:nothing it rings i put it to my ear but it just keeps ringing
    friend: :wow: ummm here push this button next time
    cust: oooooo ok walks out of the store extremely fast
    The above is not at all surprising. I might be dating myself, but I think I was a young teenager the first time I used a cellphone. I had to call a friend and my other friend gave me his phone to use. The following paraphrases my first experience with a cellphone:

Me: *stares at phone* "How do I get a dialtone?"
    Him: "There's no dialtone, you just dial."
    Me: "Oh".
    I dial the numbers and put it to my ear and wait....and nothing.
    Me: "I don't think it's working. Did I do something wrong?"
    Friend looks at display.
    Friend: "Did you hit the send key? You have to hit the send key after dialing in the numbers"
    Me: *scanning phone and finding send key* "Oh." *four minute conversation ensues with me yelling into phone at my friend the whole time*
    Me: "Okay, I'm done, don't know how to turn it off." *hands phone back to friend*

How far we've come!
    09-28-09 08:30 AM
    Heh. I had the reverse experience at my mothers house the other day. As a kid, I had four sisters and 1, never used the house phone that much and 2, I wouldn't have been able to had I tried. Really, all my expruence with phone have been cellular.

Anyhow, I'm at my mothers and my phone is just about dead. I need to call my fiance but I'm pretty but my radio is off because of low battery I get her house phone and stare at it for a while eventally I hit TALK and dail her number. I then look for send for a while until I hear her faintly saying "hello?" I finally remember how land lines work and have my conversation

My mother found it hilarious and asked me if I wanted call making lessons. Kinf of embarssing considering what my job is, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 11:51 AM
    Idk about you guys, but with ATT the recording specifically says "If you are calling from the device please call from a different phone". And YET customers STILL call in from the device in question. And when you ask for an alt number to contact them.."Oh, I'm driving.." Really though...so you are going to drive, talk to me, AND be able to check settings on the phone. Good luck with that buddy! lol
    Sometimes that can't be helped tho. My cell phone is the only phone I have being a broke college student and all lol
    09-28-09 12:40 PM
    Lol i was working the other day
    and this one guy wanted a new phone
    so we figured out which one he wanted
    and i told him that if he were to get that one
    he would have to change his plan since he was
    currently on the old Americas Choice plan. This guy went nuts
    "what do you mean i have to change my plan!?1?" i tried to calmly explain to him that the newer phones need to have the option for sending and receiving data and for going online and things like that. "well i don't do none of that!" he says lmao
    so then he goes well what about the blueberries? and i say huh? and he goes "ya know the damn blueberries" and i go you mean blackberrys sir? and he just stormed off lmfao great times at work
    09-28-09 12:49 PM
    I was helping out some new people with their calls the other day and had a couple funny ones.
    The first one was this guy was way toooo concerned about this icon that was showing on his phone. I guess he had called in a few times and nobody was able to help him get this icon off his phone. This guy even went to the extreme of going to the maker of the phone and they could not help either. Keep in mind this icon was not causing him any issues in any way shape or form. Come to find out it was just a network icon letting him know he was connecting to the Edge network. The rep advised the customer of this and he was so upset that there was no way to remove this and even asked one more time if we were sure this could not be removed from his phone.
    The other call was from this lady that had just got a new phone and nothing was working for her. In the end of all the troubleshooting found out that she had put the new sim card in the new sim card rather then transfering the old sim card over to the new phone. After explaining this to her she said she had tried the new sim card because she figured the old sim card needed a rest.
    09-28-09 10:02 PM
    I had a cus that wanted access to her email account she already disconnected because the emails were very "impertinant" and she had to "triage" them.

Of course mute when on quickly as she rambled about "triaging" her emails
    09-28-09 10:32 PM
    So i got a call from a lady back east who had just bought a usb modem from best buy, and was sitting in the parking lot of the mcdonalds directly acrossed the parking lot ( i found this out on my 3 question :have you ever been able to use this device; answer: no, I just got it 10 minutes ago, Im in the McDonalds parking lot crossed the parking lot from that place I bought this thing from* you kids shut the f**k up, I don give a d@m if there are any of them toys in that stinking place now imp talkin to this sale fone guy!!!) after getting her to activate the device and getting her to browse, she then asks for a credit for the time that she hasnt been able to connect ok, have you ever had a USB modem before? No!!! I just tolt you I just bought this thing 10 minutes ago!!!!

Really? Maybe you should use youre new modem to research better parenting techniques, you think?
    09-29-09 01:29 AM
1,313 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD