01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    This thread is great!!
    09-09-09 11:21 PM
    If you slow down you can punctuate and spell correctly.
    I understood what she said. Please show me your grammar police badge!

On another note. I used to work for a phone company. 3 things used to drive me nuts.

1 people calling in and giving only the last four digits of their phone number as if I lived next door and shared the same area code and pre fix.

2. Getting screamed at to go flick the switch.

3. People calling in wondering why they got a bill when they did not make any phone calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:23 AM
    I understood what she said. Please show me your grammar police badge!

I can see you don't post often so I'll let you know that for those of us that do, it gets old reading these posts that look like a child typed.
    09-10-09 08:29 AM
    I don't post much but I read often. Someone above asked about ever getting a call about printers. I worked for a software compay and we got calls often of why their printer won't print and its our fault
    because they are trying to print reports. They would also call us when they had no internet connection. Asking us to call their internet.

09-10-09 11:13 AM
    Had to share this one from today

Cust; how much will the 10 tarrif cost me a month?
    Me -- * facepalm*

09-10-09 12:25 PM
    Had to share this one from today

Cust; how much will the 10 tarrif cost me a month?
    Me -- * facepalm*

LOL when was the war of 1812?
    09-10-09 12:32 PM
    So guy bought a memory card from one of the sales reps in our store and he came back a couple days later wanting to return it. He had the receipt and the packaging and my store manager is looking at the packaging and asks the guy where the memory card is. The guy points to the adapter and says what are you talking about it's right there and the guy is pointing to the adapter. So the guy says that the packaging had never been opened and right above the adapter is a big box cutter slip to get the memory card out and the guy doesn't know how it got there. We ask the guy if he has the memory card in the phone and he shows that he does. My manager asks him to take it out and he refuses because he wants to keep the memory card but return the adapter. Well this goes round and round for a good while till one of the other CSR's asks politely if he even knows how to take the memory card out and he gets mad and says that is besides the point. Then he just wants a credit for being inconvienced for having to take the memory card out of the phone to return it. He gets our DMs number after refusing the refund for the 100th time and leaves trying to get the memory card out.
    Unbelievable. For me to say unbelievable, that's UNBELIEVABLE! I would have called my DM for him right in front of him, although it would have pissed my DM off LOL!
    09-10-09 02:49 PM
    Ooooh so that's why our beta fish gary swims around the storm trooper toy we have in his tank... Must think he's a friend... And why he seemed depressed why we clean his tank.... LMAO
    *shakes head*

gary huh? i think a beta fish needs a meaner name lol
    09-10-09 04:23 PM
    "isn't is a lot of fun pantsing a mannequin?"

Wtf.

09-11-09 05:10 PM
    how about 3 within 5 minutes? all while I was in petsmart....

1) buying crickets for my bearded dragon.... customer seems me holding them... "oh wow! people actually buy those? I have an infestation of crickets at my house, I was going to call an exterminater, but forget it! I will sell them instead!"

2) customer describing a fish tank to the employee.... "i have a tank... its about this big...." *starts demonstrating by holding her hands aprt trying to eyeball a measurement, roughtly 2 feet wide....*
    "ok, so probably like a 20 gallon tank then."
    "no no no, i think its a 55 gallon."
    "ma'am, the 55 gallon tanks are generally about 4 feet long"
    "no i know what im talking about. I have a 20 gallon tank as well, its about...." *starts eyeballing that one with her hands... but cant get to a size she likes... so she says "well, its kind of like two 10 gallon tanks."

3) customer says to the employee "yes hi, I just got a beta fish, and he doesnt seem to be happy."
    ".... what?"
    "he is miserable, like he is really hating life right now. what can i do to make him happier.
    "how can you tell he is not happy?"
    "he like, doesnt swim.... he doesnt really do anything. can i get him a friend?"
    "ma'am, you have a BETA fish. If you find one in the wild, you are looking in a puddle. they do not swim much, because they dont live in a big space. Beta fish is one name for them, the other name is Siamese fighting fish. if you put 2 together, they will kill each other."
    Maybe if you slow down, you can use correct capitalization and punctuation.
    09-13-09 06:33 PM
    It isn't tech related, but I had back in high school, a girl pointed at the map and asked the teacher what the pink stuff was above the US (Canada)...he told her it was clouds.
    09-13-09 07:34 PM
    the funniness went away just because you are running around posting incorrect information in every thread in existance, so the likelihood of this being an actual story is gone. sorry but nice try, don't attempt again.
    So what you're saying is...You're the worst character ever, Towlie
    09-13-09 07:39 PM
    It isn't tech related, but I had back in high school, a girl pointed at the map and asked the teacher what the pink stuff was above the US (Canada)...he told her it was clouds.
    /facepalm... wow
    09-14-09 11:28 AM
    /facepalm... wow
    It gets worse...she believed him. I'm pretty sure I laughed through my tears.
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 09-14-09 at 04:21 PM.
    09-14-09 04:13 PM
    So what you're saying is...You're the worst character ever, Towlie
    Damnit I was going to say that...

Canada isn't real. It is just a wall hack.
    Last edited by IMP42; 09-16-09 at 05:37 PM.
    09-16-09 05:27 PM
    Customer yesterday asked about water resistance of a particular phone, was told the usual, keep it away from water, even very high humidity like the bathroom with the shower on, etc.

Customer thinks a bit and asks, "Does that include rain?"
    09-16-09 08:49 PM
    Customer yesterday asked about water resistance of a particular phone, was told the usual, keep it away from water, even very high humidity like the bathroom with the shower on, etc.

Customer thinks a bit and asks, "Does that include rain?"
    did that person even have a brain?!
    09-16-09 09:18 PM
    Had to laugh.
    As always store rep say that customer can support BES on 29.99 plan. This guy calls in with his IT department(always appreciated) and wants to set up his BES but they are having issues. I have this happen all the time, just add the 44.99 plan and remove the other good to go. So this guy loses his mind about paying more for his plan and how they misinformed him in the store. I tell him sometimes his Work will pay for that extra 15.00$ and now the IT guy goes off about how we should credit him for the 15.00$... Normally its no prob for that first month... This guy wants 2 years worth of credit for the mishap. After a giggle on mute I tell him I will credit him for the month but now he is aware of the extra charges and we're not forcing him into the BES plan and so on. Well now there's 2 of them on speaker phone yellin at me and they finally ask for my supervisor, who is a take no b.s. type of guy. They argue with him and my supe asks for the name of the rep that misinformed him so he could follow up to reduce these issues in the future, of course he
    had no idea. So he gets his 15.00 for 3 months of service. I don't know why this issue comes up so much...
    09-18-09 08:02 AM
    ^ because people don't read the fine print. what an fin' jackbutt.
    09-18-09 08:26 AM
    Yeah both the rep and the customer...
    09-18-09 08:36 AM
    So here's a good one, I just got a cust in here who is complaining that he doesn't want a camera on his phone... so he tried to remove it with a screw driver... his rationalization is that "hey, I'm an 80's guy. I only want the phone for the phone"

Obviously just not using it at all wasn't an option here...
    09-18-09 11:01 AM
    Had to laugh.
    As always store rep say that customer can support BES on 29.99 plan. This guy calls in with his IT department(always appreciated) and wants to set up his BES but they are having issues. I have this happen all the time, just add the 44.99 plan and remove the other good to go. So this guy loses his mind about paying more for his plan and how they misinformed him in the store. I tell him sometimes his Work will pay for that extra 15.00$ and now the IT guy goes off about how we should credit him for the 15.00$... Normally its no prob for that first month... This guy wants 2 years worth of credit for the mishap. After a giggle on mute I tell him I will credit him for the month but now he is aware of the extra charges and we're not forcing him into the BES plan and so on. Well now there's 2 of them on speaker phone yellin at me and they finally ask for my supervisor, who is a take no b.s. type of guy. They argue with him and my supe asks for the name of the rep that misinformed him so he could follow up to reduce these issues in the future, of course he
    had no idea. So he gets his 15.00 for 3 months of service. I don't know why this issue comes up so much...
    There are times that for some reasons customer dont understand what "work email" means.

I had someone in my store giving me the hardest time, because i told him the difference in price between bis and bes, and he said that it isnt fair, because they already paid blackberry to have the server, they shouldnt have to pay extra monthly.

Then we get the people who will go through the trouble of forwarding their work email to their home email to save 15 bucks a month.

I guess it makes a difference to them.
    09-18-09 11:30 AM
    I was working with a rep yesterday, I won't say the company but it ends in T&T, and she kept having to put me on hold. The funny part was that every time she needed me to hold, she would ask it like a question and wait for me to OK it.

Rep: Is it OK if I put you on hold for 2 or 3 minutes?

I was so tempted to just say "No" and see what she would say. If you need to put me on hold, do it. What other option do I really have while I'm waiting for your help?
    09-18-09 01:26 PM
    I just recalled a good one I had a long time ago.

A couple (in thier 80s) setting up the mac thier son brought them with thier Mobile Broadband. (half of you just cringed).

After fumbling through things like getting the CD and putting into the drive, and turing on the computer, we ran into some problems that were very user based. I finally got him to do the install the man shouted that he knew what the problem was. Since he shouted, he got into a 7 minute argument with his wife about being loud in the house. I tried to interupt it like 20 times. I think they muted me. Finally, I was able to ask him what the problme was.

"There's a bite taken out of my Apple logo."

I wanted to cry when I heard that. He refused to move forward. I was being remote monitored, so I couldn't like... go with him on the bad PC, so it took me 20 minutes to convince him that was the way the macintosh logo looked. It took him 10 minutes to be convinced once I had the idea to get him to look at the box. At first, he thought Apple already knew the PC was broken.

Call time was 3 hours.

I wanted to cry.
    09-20-09 12:41 PM
    I was working with a rep yesterday, I won't say the company but it ends in T&T, and she kept having to put me on hold. The funny part was that every time she needed me to hold, she would ask it like a question and wait for me to OK it.

Rep: Is it OK if I put you on hold for 2 or 3 minutes?

I was so tempted to just say "No" and see what she would say. If you need to put me on hold, do it. What other option do I really have while I'm waiting for your help?
    Thats funny... but for her benefit of the doubt; its the way she is trained to prepare for hold. Those reps get knocked on quality scores if they dont ask.
    Dumb I know... glad I left that company.
    09-20-09 02:22 PM
1,313 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD