01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    the funniness went away just because you are running around posting incorrect information in every thread in existance, so the likelihood of this being an actual story is gone. sorry but nice try, don't attempt again.
    lol.. Yeah I don't get very many customers who request information on tethering and then don't realize their computer is on...
    09-08-09 12:41 AM
    the funniness went away just because you are running around posting incorrect information in every thread in existance, so the likelihood of this being an actual story is gone. sorry but nice try, don't attempt again.
    Its a deep burn
    09-08-09 10:41 AM
    Another story from the vehicle maintenance shop I work at...

A guy comes in a few weeks ago with 2 vehicles, neither of which had any previous history according to our computer records. He swears up and down he'd been there before, because he knows my immediate supervisor. Supervisor knows him well enough, so I now have my suspicions as to why his vehicles had been serviced there with no official records...

Anyways this guy comes in a week ago because he had wanted his A/C recharged. I was in the office making phone calls when he came in, and I can hear this guy while I was on hold. One of my techs had gone over the price and procedures for the A/C service. I can hear this guy saying "well I'm not paying that much because I'm special" I'm thinking...WTF?? I heard him say something similar to a SECOND employee. At which point I was finally off the phone and went out to talk to him. As soon as I started getting into the price and procedures, he interrupted me saying he wasn't paying that much, my supervisor had said so... I told him my supe wasn't here today, so if he had some special arrangement with him (which it ended up being true) he should return the next day when my supervisor is actually here. This guy gets really pissed and storms out. Gets in his truck and starts to drive off, but not before screaming he was never coming back...why was I being such a ****ing ***hole (which I wasn't) and basically yelling every possible swear word at me. I could care less what he said, I just didn't care for the fact that my employees heard it, and our customers heard it. Some of them with little children.

I mean we ALL laughed about it after we left. This guy thinks he's special because he's been paying under the table for his services. The worst part of this, is that when my supervisor found out about it, not only did he call this moron and invited him back, he gave him 50 percent off the entire service, which is a lot of money in this case. He did this for reasons I'll be going over with my district manager when I see him later today.
    09-08-09 11:54 AM
    No kiddn
    cst calls in on her phn and whats to know how to dail *228 ???????????????
    09-08-09 03:47 PM
    No kiddn
    cst calls in on her phn and whats to know how to dail *228 ???????????????
    If you slow down you can punctuate and spell correctly.
    09-08-09 03:52 PM
    Sorry. man i was trying to type between calls...
    09-08-09 04:47 PM
    this is by far the best thread i have ever read on here!!!!! Thanks for the good laughs everyone!
    09-08-09 08:10 PM
    So I'm not a rep but I was the first in my office to get a BB (Storm) and learn how to actually use it, so I got a bit of a reputation about being the guy to ask technical questions to. So cue one co-worker who comes up to me with a problem:

"you know about phones right?"

"Not really, I know about BlackBerries"

"That's what I've got"

"What's the problem?"

"I can't find where to get email"

"Did you look under messages?"

"Its just text messages"

"Can I see?"

She hands me the phone:

"This phone is made by LG"

"Yeah"

"It's not a BlackBerry"

"Its not?"

"Why did you think it was a Blackberry?"

"On my Verizon bill, it says Blackberry"

I look at the phone again:

"This phone is sold by Sprint"

After a lot of awkaward questions it turned out her husband had a Verizon BB, she had a Sprint dumb phone. She'd seen his bill and was wondering why none of the features were working. God only knows if she's ever opened (or paid) her Sprint bill.

I'm not a CSR, and I can't imagine listening to some of these questions with a straight face.
    09-08-09 10:08 PM
    09-08-09 10:13 PM
    I'm not a CSR, and I can't imagine listening to some of these questions with a straight face.
    I have stopped trying
    09-08-09 10:13 PM
    I work outside most of the time in the heat of arizona. I was asked to stand outside by verizon. it is too hot. im suing verizon.
    09-08-09 10:23 PM
    "I have verizon wireless internet service and I need help fixing my wireless printer"

I don't know what a wireless printer has to do with internet service, but people call in far too often for this.
    09-08-09 11:54 PM
    So I'm not a rep but I was the first in my office to get a BB (Storm) and learn how to actually use it, so I got a bit of a reputation about being the guy to ask technical questions to. So cue one co-worker who comes up to me with a problem:

"you know about phones right?"

"Not really, I know about BlackBerries"

"That's what I've got"

"What's the problem?"

"I can't find where to get email"

"Did you look under messages?"

"Its just text messages"

"Can I see?"

She hands me the phone:

"This phone is made by LG"

"Yeah"

"It's not a BlackBerry"

"Its not?"

"Why did you think it was a Blackberry?"

"On my Verizon bill, it says Blackberry"

I look at the phone again:

"This phone is sold by Sprint"

After a lot of awkaward questions it turned out her husband had a Verizon BB, she had a Sprint dumb phone. She'd seen his bill and was wondering why none of the features were working. God only knows if she's ever opened (or paid) her Sprint bill.

Haha... wow... el oh el
    And Alex, this is why Tech Support has mute buttons on our phones
    09-08-09 11:56 PM
    Me too!

I don't work in the cellular industry, but I do work in customer service for a ginormous cable tv company. My biggest wish is to have one day, just one, to tell every customer exactly what I'm thinking, with no repercussions.
    I say we start the petition now lol
    09-09-09 12:04 AM
    Top 10 of the funniest things I've read
    09-09-09 12:09 AM
    Oh *sob* Now I have to go cry in my pillow at home. Hahahahahahahahahaha.
    09-09-09 12:22 AM
    "I have verizon wireless internet service and I need help fixing my wireless printer"

I don't know what a wireless printer has to do with internet service, but people call in far too often for this.
    has anyone else EVER gotten a call even remotely similar to this? I know I havent, been in cell phones well over 3 years
    09-09-09 12:25 AM
    Or continue to post bad information... tough call...
    09-09-09 12:26 AM
    I think the funniest part is he cant even make up a good story ha!
    09-09-09 12:30 AM
    And the sad part is he's trying LOL
    09-09-09 12:37 AM
    So guy bought a memory card from one of the sales reps in our store and he came back a couple days later wanting to return it. He had the receipt and the packaging and my store manager is looking at the packaging and asks the guy where the memory card is. The guy points to the adapter and says what are you talking about it's right there and the guy is pointing to the adapter. So the guy says that the packaging had never been opened and right above the adapter is a big box cutter slip to get the memory card out and the guy doesn't know how it got there. We ask the guy if he has the memory card in the phone and he shows that he does. My manager asks him to take it out and he refuses because he wants to keep the memory card but return the adapter. Well this goes round and round for a good while till one of the other CSR's asks politely if he even knows how to take the memory card out and he gets mad and says that is besides the point. Then he just wants a credit for being inconvienced for having to take the memory card out of the phone to return it. He gets our DMs number after refusing the refund for the 100th time and leaves trying to get the memory card out.
    09-09-09 03:16 AM
    how about 3 within 5 minutes? all while I was in petsmart....

1) buying crickets for my bearded dragon.... customer seems me holding them... "oh wow! people actually buy those? I have an infestation of crickets at my house, I was going to call an exterminater, but forget it! I will sell them instead!"

2) customer describing a fish tank to the employee.... "i have a tank... its about this big...." *starts demonstrating by holding her hands aprt trying to eyeball a measurement, roughtly 2 feet wide....*
    "ok, so probably like a 20 gallon tank then."
    "no no no, i think its a 55 gallon."
    "ma'am, the 55 gallon tanks are generally about 4 feet long"
    "no i know what im talking about. I have a 20 gallon tank as well, its about...." *starts eyeballing that one with her hands... but cant get to a size she likes... so she says "well, its kind of like two 10 gallon tanks."

3) customer says to the employee "yes hi, I just got a beta fish, and he doesnt seem to be happy."
    ".... what?"
    "he is miserable, like he is really hating life right now. what can i do to make him happier.
    "how can you tell he is not happy?"
    "he like, doesnt swim.... he doesnt really do anything. can i get him a friend?"
    "ma'am, you have a BETA fish. If you find one in the wild, you are looking in a puddle. they do not swim much, because they dont live in a big space. Beta fish is one name for them, the other name is Siamese fighting fish. if you put 2 together, they will kill each other."
    09-09-09 10:32 PM
    LOL... those poor depressed fish
    09-09-09 10:48 PM
    Ooooh so that's why our beta fish gary swims around the storm trooper toy we have in his tank... Must think he's a friend... And why he seemed depressed why we clean his tank.... LMAO
    *shakes head*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 11:59 PM
    I went back to my store, looked at my coworker, and said "i weep for humanity"
    09-10-09 12:00 AM
1,313 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD