01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    That reminded me of what happened about 5 months ago lol. 12(ish) year old little girl comes in with her LG Dare and her parents. The phone was only about 9 days old (i remember selling it to her) with obvious dog bite marks on the screen and she the conversation goes...

cust: The phone was like this when i bought it.
    me: Well i was the one that helped you the other day and i would have noticed something this extreme(it was bad) Are you sure your dog didnt get ahold of it?
    cust: No, i dont even have a dog.

Now at this point im holding the chewed phone in my hand as the customers mother is telling me there is no way her daughter let a dog chew her phone and it came that way out of the box. Right as she is finishing up with her rant a text comes thru to the phone and because of the screen being indented (from a tooth) the text opens and it was from one of her friends...

Me: Oh you have an incoming text from sarah...
    Cust: .......
    Me: She wants to know if "they" believe you about a dog not chewing your phone.

Yeah, they left shortly after that.
    And people wonder why we start threads like this?
    08-25-09 11:22 AM
    I work for a bank and I have customers with similar issues all the time like:

I made a deposit and it's not showing in my accoung

me: I am sorry to hear that which location did you make that at?

I made it at Bank of America on Wallstreet

Me: Well sir this is Citibank and you can only make deposits at Citibank ATM's

Oh... ok I'll call them...
    08-25-09 12:29 PM
    That reminded me of what happened about 5 months ago lol. 12(ish) year old little girl comes in with her LG Dare and her parents. The phone was only about 9 days old (i remember selling it to her) with obvious dog bite marks on the screen and she the conversation goes...

cust: The phone was like this when i bought it.
    me: Well i was the one that helped you the other day and i would have noticed something this extreme(it was bad) Are you sure your dog didnt get ahold of it?
    cust: No, i dont even have a dog.

Now at this point im holding the chewed phone in my hand as the customers mother is telling me there is no way her daughter let a dog chew her phone and it came that way out of the box. Right as she is finishing up with her rant a text comes thru to the phone and because of the screen being indented (from a tooth) the text opens and it was from one of her friends...

Me: Oh you have an incoming text from sarah...
    Cust: .......
    Me: She wants to know if "they" believe you about a dog not chewing your phone.

Yeah, they left shortly after that.
    That has to be the most awesome thing I have ever heard!
    08-25-09 12:31 PM
    A few months ago this guy comes in and says "Can you look up my account?" I say something along the lines of "Sure, no problem. What's your number". Then he says "Uh it's under Tom."........

Hmmm......yeah sure, let me just put "Tom" into the system and see what pops up.
    08-25-09 01:04 PM
    I absolutely can't stand the ppl who have called in and had a call drop so they constantly say "HELLO?" yeah i'm still here phone call continues in mid sentence "HELLO?" Yes ma'am unforunately I'm still here. an so on... Drive me up a wall
    08-25-09 01:05 PM
    I want to call and see if I can be on here as a moronic customer...tools

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:33 PM
    I want to call and see if I can be on here as a moronic customer...tools

Shouldn't be hard.
    08-25-09 05:57 PM
    Haha, why is it that 1 in every 10,000 readers of this thread get their panties in a bunch over it? Ponderous... Would make a great psych study...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 08-25-09 at 06:07 PM. Reason: More accurater statistics
    08-25-09 06:06 PM
    I was in the Mac Store buying a new Macbook a few months ago and this happened. . .not me:

CSR/Door Greeter: How can I help you sir?
    Customer: I need a replacement device for my broken iPhone
    CSR: Lets see whats wrong. . .do you have Mac Care Protection on it?
    Customer: Yes. . .then pulls out a smashed iPhone.
    CSR: Oooh, well, that won't be covered at all because it's physical damage. . .lets see what we can do about a discounted refurb.
    Customer: I don't want a fn refurb. This phone is defective and it needs to be replaced by YOU. . .NOW.
    CSR: YOU smashed it somehow and that isn't covered, it is essentially neglect and mishandling. . .it won't be covered.
    Customer: I spent a lot of $ on this phone and you will be losing a valuable customer
    CSR: Sir. . .EVERYONE that walks in here spends a lot of money. . .most of the people you see are spending A LOT more money than you did on your phone. Notice how they are not getting any more attention than you, and vice versa. . .have a nice day.
    08-25-09 07:34 PM
    cust: "why arent there a bunch of verizon people out my window like in the commercial?"
    rep: ...
    cust: "hello? I asked you a question!"
    rep: "oh! i didnt think you were serious."
    cust: "so can i sue for false advertisment?"
    08-26-09 11:32 AM
    I was in the Mac Store buying a new Macbook a few months ago and this happened. . .not me:

CSR/Door Greeter: How can I help you sir?
    Customer: I need a replacement device for my broken iPhone
    CSR: Lets see whats wrong. . .do you have Mac Care Protection on it?
    Customer: Yes. . .then pulls out a smashed iPhone.
    CSR: Oooh, well, that won't be covered at all because it's physical damage. . .lets see what we can do about a discounted refurb.
    Customer: I don't want a fn refurb. This phone is defective and it needs to be replaced by YOU. . .NOW.
    CSR: YOU smashed it somehow and that isn't covered, it is essentially neglect and mishandling. . .it won't be covered.
    Customer: I spent a lot of $ on this phone and you will be losing a valuable customer
    CSR: Sir. . .EVERYONE that walks in here spends a lot of money. . .most of the people you see are spending A LOT more money than you did on your phone. Notice how they are not getting any more attention than you, and vice versa. . .have a nice day.
    AMAZING! "replace my broken phone that i broke because im super special"
    08-26-09 11:41 AM
    "Things that customers say that make us laugh"

Cust: my daughter told me to tell you that you look like Justin Timberlake.

08-26-09 11:43 AM
    Sure is.......the business is PetSmart lol

Wow I should take in some of my snake's crap and tell them that the rat I bought is dead.

Btw, I never noticed that even with all the horrible calls I get all day (VZW tech support) it doesn't take much for a cust to make my day a little bit better. I just got off a call with the nicest old man I have ever talked to. All he wanted to know waas how to check his usage in VZAM, and when I got him there he was so happy with me. It restored me faith in Verizon customers, just a little bit.
    08-26-09 04:51 PM
    Those nice appriciative customers DO make it all worthwhile. Honestly 99% of customers are fairly normal and are honestly needing help. Glad to be the one to do so!
    But it IS the glowing appriciation for the easy things that are awsome. Like
    "How do I do a backup on dtm" weeeee easy peasy call!!!

08-26-09 05:38 PM
    Those nice appriciative customers DO make it all worthwhile. Honestly 99% of customers are fairly normal and are honestly needing help. Glad to be the one to do so!
    But it IS the glowing appriciation for the easy things that are awsome. Like
    "How do I do a backup on dtm" weeeee easy peasy call!!!

And it's the scathing commentary on planetfeedback that is going to make it very difficult for reps who genuinely wish to help people on forums, etc to offer assistance to people with bona fide questions. There are plenty of people on here whom I am quite confident are very appreciative of the help they receive and there are a few in the vocal minority who are going to force people to clam up.

I am very cautious about what I write. It really can come back to haunt you. Then again, I do not put much effort into hiding out as I have my pin posted and I post alot on howardforums.
    Last edited by MrButthead007; 08-26-09 at 07:06 PM.
    08-26-09 07:04 PM
    Lol, I'm totally going to read back on this thread when I have more time. You guys ever post any of this stuff to notalwaysright.com? There are a lot of weirf thinking customers out there. Lucky for me I don't have to deal with them in my current job.
    08-26-09 07:25 PM
    And it's the scathing commentary on planetfeedback that is going to make it very difficult for reps who genuinely wish to help people on forums, etc to offer assistance to people with bona fide questions. There are plenty of people on here whom I am quite confident are very appreciative of the help they receive and there are a few in the vocal minority who are going to force people to clam up.

I am very cautious about what I write. It really can come back to haunt you. Then again, I do not put much effort into hiding out as I have my pin posted and I post alot on howardforums.
    Although I agree with your statement, lets keep that convo in that thread... only happy things here
    08-26-09 07:46 PM
    It amazes me that all of you Verizon folks are so helpful. You work all day getting calls and dealing with folks and then get on here to continue to help. I find it much easier and less hassle to hop on here and search around for an answer than to call and try to get a answer. So all you Verizon employees, thanks...also, whoever posted the stupid thing about not being helpful and all that. I don't see how that is beneficial to anyone....just my thoughts. I have
    A question, but ill post elsewhere.

08-26-09 08:27 PM
    Where do I start?

"If you don't do this for me I will just take my business elswhere. Now what were you saying about a loyalty credit?"

"I don't know how my screen broke. I just woke up and it was cracked."

I am sorry sir/mam it looks like your phone has been water damaged at some point.

"Yeah but it worked fine for like a month!"

"They did it for me last time!"

"I have friends that have Blackberries on Verizon and they don't pay for data, they just pay for their internet."

"What do you mean I have to sign a new contract? I have been with you guys for 8 years."
    Ok with the phone being cracked when you woke up, I have used that because it seriously happened to me. I know its stupid but it can happen.

08-26-09 11:09 PM
    SO Just got home from work about an hour ago and it seems my new daily ritual is going to be adding something strange a customer did so today i get this call goes a little likes this
    customer-yes my phone turns off sometimes when i shut it ,but not all the time
    me-I apologize you are having an issue with the phone shutting off ,I do see your calling from that phone could you give us a call from another number so we can troubleshoot the phone?
    customer-Well im in your store right now and they told me I would have to leave the phone with them for a half hour and i dont know if its going to reoccur so i just want you to troubleshoot it so i dont have to wait the half hour
    me-well the store is more capable of troubleshooting your phone but if you have another number you can call us from i can troubleshoot with you as well,but if the issue doesnt reoccur while we are on the phone I can't send a phone out either
    customer-no problem
    disconnected call
    now mind you people are waiting on hold for about 10-15 mins at this time of the day that she called and she already called once.and this rarely happens but about 15 mins or so after i get off a 10 min call with her getting her to call back on another phone or let the store do their job ,I get a call and its that same women.she is STILL in the store she got a agent to let her use a phone,fine whatever i will troubleshoot...SHE CANT GET THE BLOODY BACK OF THE PHONE. so i keep repeatedly telling her that the store would be more than happy to help her further so what does she do,oh im getting a rep to help me take the battery off so we can troubleshoot but she cant get it off either ,they are working on it now.5 mins later..ma'am were they able to get that battery off for you? she says nope they are still trying.at this time im officially stunned at why she just didnt let them do it for her and say well ma'am if you allow the tech in the store to look at the phone im sure that he can get that backcover off for you as well as troubleshoot this phone a lot quicker for you and get this issue resolved quicker and she no joke says..well we cant get this cover off they are still working ,I will call you guys back when they get the back off for me......luckily i didnt get that call
    08-27-09 01:49 AM
    oh another mind boggling thing i get a lot mind you this was an extreme case of this probably 13 year old boy.
    ME---Srry to hear about your issue could I get your mobile number to bring up your account
    cust----3456789
    ME----And what is the area code?
    cust----76767
    ME---your area code should only be 3 digits long.
    cust----that is my area code 76767
    ME---Sir I do apologize but the area code is the 3 digit number that goes infront of your phone number
    Cust-----7 6 7 6 7
    ME-----Sir I do apologize but could I get your ten digit mobile number.
    Cust---3456789
    ME----Is 76767 your zipcode?
    cust-----(heavy sigh) yes that is what i told you
    ME----I understand you have told me your zipcode sir but im not looking for that number I need the 3 digit area code of the area you are in that goes in front of your phone number.
    Cust----I dont understand
    ME---Zipcode's are for an address,area code is for your phone number.
    cust-----isn't it the same number?
    ME---no the area code is different,do you happen to have our bill right there?
    cust---no
    ME----are you the account holder of this account?
    Cust-----"brief pause" then you hear him cover the phone and can hear him yell "dad,whats an area code?"
    Now i have a 30 year old man in my ear
    kids dad-hello?
    ME----sir your son called for some troubleshooting on his phone we cannot bring up the account because we need the area code,his dad laughs gives this area code to me asks and stays on for the rest of the call...thank goodness if he didnt know what an area code was it would have been a long night trying to explain anything else to him
    08-27-09 02:11 AM
    Troubleshooting for 20 minutes with a "UBS" modem lol
    I love sweet old ladies.
    08-27-09 01:20 PM
    ahhh... I love UBS modems! and VZA manager too...

but mashing splat buttons take the cake.
    08-27-09 01:58 PM
    "Where's this blueberry button my brother told me about?" I snickered...
    08-27-09 11:01 PM
    " Oh you mean the pawprint key???"

yeah... mash that key...
    08-27-09 11:18 PM
1,313 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD