01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Arent you guys suppose to be Customer Service Repsnot Customer Judgment Reps? The goal of the CSR is to satisfy the customer based on their needs. Have you ever had a bad day or just gotten out on the wrong side of the bed? Who really knows why someone is in a bad mood? Family illness, death of a loved one, hangover, found a ding in your car door parked in the VZW parking lot? Jumping to conclusions and pre-judging a customer based on their current state of mind and using this as the basis of how you take care of the customer is just BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and immature behavior. I will agree that the customer should come to the table with an agreeable attitude but in the real world, the reality is that you are going to get your share of irate and/or unreasonable clients. Youll also get your share of unrealistic demands. That is the nature of your business. However, your job is to take care of them, both good and bad. At least, I would think that your employer would want you to. Without all these customers, you have no job.

Let me share a personal experience that happened to me many years ago. I was working for a Custom AudioVideo Retailer and took a phone call on a Saturday. The customer was irate. After exchanging names and explaining that we had never met or spoken to each other I settled him down, asked him to explain his issue, and that I would do my best to help him. He stated that he had made a considerable purchase that included a video projector and motorized screen. The screen was defective and had ripples in it. He had previously called the store but the issue was still unresolved. The Super Bowl was the following weekend and he wanted the screen fixed, or a complete refund on the project. The original salesman was no longer with the company so I explained that it was Saturday and there was nothing I could do until Monday, but I would do my best to get him a new screen by game time. I called the manufacturer on Monday, explained the situation and they agreed to expedite the manufacture of a new screen and that I would have it by Saturday. The screen came in and was satisfactorily installed in time for the game and the client was happy. This client is now my friend and has purchased over $150,000 worth of electronics from me over the years and has sent well over a $1,000,000 worth of referrals to me. He is also a stockbroker and has turned me on to some very lucrative IPOs and other investments.

The goal of a customer service rep should be to satisfy ALL their customers. The measuring tape and challenge of a great CSR is how many of the irate customers can you turn around and make your friend, if only for the moment of that phone call or meeting in the store. The genial customer is easy to take care of. The challenge is satisfying the difficult customer, and those situations can bring you the most pleasure in your job if you let it.

Making fun of your customers is immature behavior. All of you: are your lives so shallow and empty that you feel the need to post in "Things that customers say that just make us laugh???" Or are you so miserable with your job that this is the only way to get stress relief? If so, find a better, more constructive way to vent. Do your job a little better and start a thread: Irate customers I have made friends with!
    Hey look. It's Buzz Killington.
    08-24-09 08:18 AM
    I would SOOOO love to have that day! I'd even come to work early. LOL
    I don't know about early but maybe on time for once
    08-24-09 01:38 PM
    Hey look. It's Buzz Killington.
    Ha, awesome.
    08-24-09 03:27 PM
    Arent you guys suppose to be Customer Service Repsnot Customer Judgment Reps? The goal of the CSR is to satisfy the customer based on their needs...
    well not all of us are CSR's. Some of us are technical support. just throwing that out there.

and now for the quote of the day for me:

me: "sir can i get your physical address?"
    cust: "i doubt it"
    08-24-09 04:22 PM
    and now for the quote of the day for me:

me: "sir can i get your physical address?"
    cust: "i doubt it"
    Definately the quote of the day
    08-24-09 04:25 PM
    I'm sure mr buzz killington has never laughed off a customers comment. I'm sure he always is so serious and customer helpful. None of us csrs (or tech) have ever actually helped customers resolve their issues before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:27 PM
    I'm sure mr buzz killington has never laughed off a customers comment. I'm sure he always is so serious and customer helpful. None of us csrs (or tech) have ever actually helped customers resolve their issues before.
    oh of course!
    08-24-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah, silly people, thinking us Tech Support Reps care about their Realty business or business clients.

Cust: "I demand a credit for the appointments I've missed!"
    Tech Rep: "Lemme get you over to CSR!"
    08-24-09 04:33 PM
    --ok as verizon wireless employees we all know VERIFY VERIFY VERIFY,so I just have to bring up the extensive amounts of people trying to access accounts that they are not verified for.

-I had a customer one night ,mind you late late at night probably 1:30am,so there is maybe 10 people in my whole building still there,so this guy called in and will say his name was "George" our conversation went something like this-

me---"george Im not seeing you on the account I can troubleshoot your phone issue but anything further i need to speak with the account holder"
    George --"But this is my phone"
    ME--"I understand sir but the phone is under a whole account that is not under your name"
    "-----fill in troubleshooting phone----"
    Me--"ok sir well it looks like your phone is still having issues am i able to speak to the account holder to verify"
    George--"no she is asleep,cant you just send me a phone?"
    Me--"sorry sir im not able to without verifying"
    George--"its my wife she would approve it"
    Me--"sir without speaking to her i cannot"
    George--"fine my name is amber"(name of account holder"
    Me--"im sorry sir these calls are recorded and you have already disclosed that your name is george"
    George--"I want to talk to your supervisor"
    -----sup takes call same thing,he tells sup let me just put the phone down i will try to go wake her up.
    my sup waits on hold for about 5 mins,and the person next to me gets a call.Well im bored since my sup is on my call and I was standing next to her well just about that time she says
    "ok amber well we can go ahead and bring up the account and see what we can do for you"
    same number he called back in pretending to be her...still couldnt verify pass but tried.well this kinda annoyed my sup to say the least.he told her to put george on hold.she did and he took her head set went off of hold and said
    "Hey George,this is Frank we were just speaking on the other line.Were you able to wake up the account holder?"

...Geroge hung up

HA! Win!
    08-24-09 04:42 PM

I say may are you sure its a verizon wireless phone.she goes and I quote "this isnt sprint?"
    LOL... I run into that on occasion... You would figure with the amount of times a company name is usually said in an IVR system ppl would understand but oh well, it is amusing if nothing else lol
    08-24-09 04:44 PM
    rep: "are you calling from the phone?"
    *IVR Prompt* If you are calling from the device you are having issues with, please hang up and call back from another phone

cust: "um yeah. how else am i going to call you?"
    08-24-09 04:49 PM
    Again, I think I've posted this before but the whole "I don't know my #, I never call myself."

"Do you write yourself letters?"
    "Uh, no"
    "Then how do you know your address?!"
    08-24-09 06:03 PM
    Weekend, do you actually ask that? I have been wanting to but afraid to ask a customer for fear they will take it as insulting their intelligence

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 06:07 PM
    I've asked a customer that one time before. We already were on a friendly basis as this was towards the end of the conversation.
    08-24-09 09:30 PM
    ha ha ok, i have almost asked a few people but decided not to every time....
    08-24-09 10:52 PM
    rep: "are you calling from the phone?"
    *IVR Prompt* If you are calling from the device you are having issues with, please hang up and call back from another phone

cust: "um yeah. how else am i going to call you?"
    Come on. What was the rest of the conversation?
    08-25-09 12:04 AM
    me: "May I please have your number, Ma'am?"

cust in a snotty voice: "Is that my work number, home number, or cell number? I have a lot of numbers!"
    08-25-09 01:55 AM
    I have heard people saying..
    "Please send me a mail on my BlackBerry" !!!
    08-25-09 02:07 AM
    Arent you guys suppose to be Customer Service Repsnot Customer Judgment Reps? The goal of the CSR is to satisfy the customer based on their needs. Have you ever had a bad day or just gotten out on the wrong side of the bed? Who really knows why someone is in a bad mood? Family illness, death of a loved one, hangover, found a ding in your car door parked in the VZW parking lot? Jumping to conclusions and pre-judging a customer based on their current state of mind and using this as the basis of how you take care of the customer is just BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and immature behavior. I will agree that the customer should come to the table with an agreeable attitude but in the real world, the reality is that you are going to get your share of irate and/or unreasonable clients. Youll also get your share of unrealistic demands. That is the nature of your business. However, your job is to take care of them, both good and bad. At least, I would think that your employer would want you to. Without all these customers, you have no job.

Let me share a personal experience that happened to me many years ago. I was working for a Custom AudioVideo Retailer and took a phone call on a Saturday. The customer was irate. After exchanging names and explaining that we had never met or spoken to each other I settled him down, asked him to explain his issue, and that I would do my best to help him. He stated that he had made a considerable purchase that included a video projector and motorized screen. The screen was defective and had ripples in it. He had previously called the store but the issue was still unresolved. The Super Bowl was the following weekend and he wanted the screen fixed, or a complete refund on the project. The original salesman was no longer with the company so I explained that it was Saturday and there was nothing I could do until Monday, but I would do my best to get him a new screen by game time. I called the manufacturer on Monday, explained the situation and they agreed to expedite the manufacture of a new screen and that I would have it by Saturday. The screen came in and was satisfactorily installed in time for the game and the client was happy. This client is now my friend and has purchased over $150,000 worth of electronics from me over the years and has sent well over a $1,000,000 worth of referrals to me. He is also a stockbroker and has turned me on to some very lucrative IPOs and other investments.

The goal of a customer service rep should be to satisfy ALL their customers. The measuring tape and challenge of a great CSR is how many of the irate customers can you turn around and make your friend, if only for the moment of that phone call or meeting in the store. The genial customer is easy to take care of. The challenge is satisfying the difficult customer, and those situations can bring you the most pleasure in your job if you let it.

Making fun of your customers is immature behavior. All of you: are your lives so shallow and empty that you feel the need to post in "Things that customers say that just make us laugh???" Or are you so miserable with your job that this is the only way to get stress relief? If so, find a better, more constructive way to vent. Do your job a little better and start a thread: Irate customers I have made friends with!
    Wow,this is just sad.You can not possibly tell me if you worked in a call center that you didnt say to a friend "OMG I just had this call where this lady did this" we all are just a bunch of friends discussing personal life stories,no need to call us shallow its all in good fun relax,if you cant handle what is wrote get off the forum very simple solution.And as far as being "friends" with customers i am always nice to every single one of the pain customers i have so i think it is just fine for me to vent their stories at a later date because i kept my cool and didnt take it out on the customer so no harm done

-just thought i would add a comment from work today
    this lady asked me if bite marks from where her dog was chewing on her phone was considered physical damage :P
    08-25-09 03:46 AM
    LOL... I run into that on occasion... You would figure with the amount of times a company name is usually said in an IVR system ppl would understand but oh well, it is amusing if nothing else lol
    My call center allows us to tell them they have to call us back from another phone not that we can call them ,and I dont feel sorry because I have myself had to listen to that dumb hold music a million times im know its in there .

I had a lady who literally answered the phone with
    "im on that device ,its said in your thingy that i need to call from another but i thought i would just get through to you guys anyway and see what you can do"
    and when i told her she needed to call from another number she had the nerve to tell me she had been waiting 15mins on hold.I just responded" well if you give us a call from another number like it suggested to you while you were waiting for us we would be more than happy to troubleshoot your phone."
    but i did it in that sweet im a girl i can get away with murder kinda voice and she dealt with it .
    08-25-09 03:54 AM
    Wow,this is just sad.You can not possibly tell me if you worked in a call center that you didnt say to a friend "OMG I just had this call where this lady did this" we all are just a bunch of friends discussing personal life stories,no need to call us shallow its all in good fun relax,if you cant handle what is wrote get off the forum very simple solution.And as far as being "friends" with customers i am always nice to every single one of the pain customers i have so i think it is just fine for me to vent their stories at a later date because i kept my cool and didnt take it out on the customer so no harm done

-just thought i would add a comment from work today
    this lady asked me if bite marks from where her dog was chewing on her phone was considered physical damage :P
    Not so much a customer story but me, my brother and a close friend work at the same callcenter and we constantly talk about this lady calling in that was on the toilet and a kid taking a bong rip while on the phone... If I wasn't able to laugh as much as I do I wouldn't be able to deal with the bull
    08-25-09 10:17 AM
    Here is my $.02. All those people you deal with that are working with sticks up their @ss's, they all hate their jobs. Why do they hate them? they dont enjoy what they are doing and do not have any fun. We all enjoy hearing about other people's stories and being able to laugh at not only each other, but ourselves. That is what makes the job bearable. So to the people getting offended by this thread: would you rather us be snobs and completely rude to you when you call or come into a store? chances are you will rather just ignore this thread and be happy with your continued excellent customer service.

that is all, continue with the fun
    08-25-09 11:19 AM
    rep: "go ahead and take the battery out of your storm and let me know when it comes back up."
    cust: "you do know this takes forever right?"
    rep: "oh alright then, thanks for the heads up!"
    08-25-09 11:58 AM
    haha priceless!
    08-25-09 12:01 PM
    haha priceless!
    That reminded me of what happened about 5 months ago lol. 12(ish) year old little girl comes in with her LG Dare and her parents. The phone was only about 9 days old (i remember selling it to her) with obvious dog bite marks on the screen and she the conversation goes...

cust: The phone was like this when i bought it.
    me: Well i was the one that helped you the other day and i would have noticed something this extreme(it was bad) Are you sure your dog didnt get ahold of it?
    cust: No, i dont even have a dog.

Now at this point im holding the chewed phone in my hand as the customers mother is telling me there is no way her daughter let a dog chew her phone and it came that way out of the box. Right as she is finishing up with her rant a text comes thru to the phone and because of the screen being indented (from a tooth) the text opens and it was from one of her friends...

Me: Oh you have an incoming text from sarah...
    Cust: .......
    Me: She wants to know if "they" believe you about a dog not chewing your phone.

Yeah, they left shortly after that.
    08-25-09 12:11 PM
1,313 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD