01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    not a CSR of any sort, but as customer on the receiving end, i have a funny story.

Mom calls in to VZW customer service about her current bill being 1000+ dollars. They explain to her that she's gone over her texting plan. She tells the rep, "I dont text message-and i highly doubt my daughter (my sister, who at the time was 15) would send $1K worth of messages in a month."

Rep says "Well in fact she DID send that many text messages and her line is going to get shut off if its not paid at some point."

Mom screams obscenities about how it wasnt fair, and said VZW was to blame for not shutting off my sister's phone once she went over her plan (kinda like a prepaid phone). She says, "i dare you to send me copies of these messages, because im not paying until i see it in black and white."

A few days later, two HUGE manila envelopes show up in the mail, with the log of my sister's text messaging history for that past month. Double-sided too.

My sister almost shat herself. My mom is STILL paying it off. 6 years later.
    And just so ya know, if she had fessed up that it was possible, not acted like a m0r0n, and added a text plan, they more than likely would have just credited it all back.
    08-16-09 11:00 PM
    Ok, this thread makes me laugh, mostly because I have probably done some of these things in the past. I apologize to those reps I have dropped my brain to. No matter how many stupid things we do you guys always seem to help...eventually. Heres to you all who help us dumb@$$es out. Gald we can make you laugh.
    08-17-09 09:22 AM
    Had a customer leave the store to go take something off of layaway so she could come back a buy a prepaid "fome"
    08-17-09 05:36 PM
    This one really actually got me today.

Cst: I would like to know why I do not my corporate discount for the access on Hub (VOIP Phone).

We get to talking while looking up some info on this and in the next breath the cst tells me that they are unemployed.

Me: do really really want me to look check for a discount you should not be getting anymore?

Oye Vey!
    08-17-09 08:30 PM
    He only had 12 months left so the credit would have been 48 cents . Might need manager approval that one.
    id mail him a quarter. tell him the extra 2 cents is for his trouble lol
    08-18-09 09:43 AM
    I think you mean 2 quarters...
    08-18-09 09:55 AM
    A quarter = $.25, not $.50... A couple quarters, and ok
    08-18-09 09:55 AM
    Nice timing
    08-18-09 09:59 AM
    Thought I would put this in here. Customer calls and is trying to download backup assistant to her tour. Can't be done. I try to explain this to her and she says "ok I get it no blackberry can not do backup assistant"
    My sentence of the day.
    08-18-09 10:05 AM
    a little off topic

i just thought i would share this with everyone.. this happen a couple of weeks ago...

(Elderly lady walks into store)

Me: Hello mam how are you doing today

Lady: Not to well, i keep receiving messages on my phone and i dont even know how to delete them.

me: Ok let me take a look.(open inbox) (shocked to find messages sent to her saying..."hey baby, what are you doing. how are you doing today" next text stated... "Wanna f**k?" at this point i was just stunded..lol.. i then played stupid and ask a fellow employee to help me out whith deleting the messages.. ( i show him the phone and ask"how do i delete these messages?" (as i scroll through them...)

Me: ok , i have deleted your messages

lady: thank you , i dont even text .. i dont know even how to view them.

Me : ok well would u like me to put a block on text messages?

lady: no thanks, leave it on

me: ok then have a great day! ( i almost got sick)

I get some interesting customers.. makes the day so much fun
    08-19-09 11:30 AM
    This just confused me endlessly....
    Quote from customer: no I don't like silicone covers. They feel like a womans breast after a vasectomy gone wrong.
    What?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:28 PM
    This just happen. keep in mind I work in a verizon wireless store.

Cust : is this sprint?!?!

Rep: no sorry this a verizon wireless location.

Cust: well where did the sprint store go. This is where my navigation took me.

Rep: sorry to hear that. The sprint store is just a couple of buildings over.

Cust: wen did they move locations? Because my nav. Says this is were it is.

Rep: they have been there for awhile . Maby the nav. Might have been off by a bit.

Cust: nooo. My sprint nav. Is always right. ! Thanks for nothing! (customer storms out of store)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mps623; 08-19-09 at 04:14 PM.
    08-19-09 02:55 PM
    cust: "when i plug my phone into the usb port on my laptop it works just fine, but when i plug it into my desktop, it doesnt see it."

rep: "so if you plug it into the pc right now it wont see it?"

cust: "nope."

rep: "and if you plug it into the laptop right now it will?"

cust: "yep. i will do it right now"

rep: "do you see anything on your desktop computer right now? anything on the screen or and green lights flickering?"

cust: "no, there are no lights or anything on that computer."

rep: "and sir, is your computer powered on?"

cust: "OH! that looks like it was the problem. thanks!" *click*
    08-19-09 05:02 PM
    And just so ya know, if she had fessed up that it was possible, not acted like a m0r0n, and added a text plan, they more than likely would have just credited it all back.
    That doesn't surprise me one bit. A few years ago, I went over my text package pretty significantly one month. I called VZW only to up my plan. The rep took a look at my history and retro'd the plan to the month I went over, effectively clearing $80 off my bill in the process
    08-19-09 07:12 PM
    I occasionally get asked by customers at the chain store I work at if I will activate the prepaid phone they are looking to buy. I don't like doing it for several reasons, the main one being that I've had it happen a few times (with Tracfone - lordy I hate those things) that the activation isn't exactly instant. And of course I get blaimed for it, and next thing I know, they're at customer service returning a perfectly good phone. And yes, I do tell them that it could take up to 4 hours (according to Tracfone's literature!) for the activation to complete.

But people alway insist that they're not "technical" enough or they don't know enough about computers to do it. Seriously? You call an 800 number from a different phone, follow some voice prompts and that's it. What's so difficult about that?

Today was a real winner as I had a couple of customers who played this game with me. The winner was the one who was returning a Tracfone and I got called to customer service to approve the return. I asked what the problem was and was told that the phone was broken. She was pretty upset and insisted on getting a refund of the phone and the phone card (which had the pin number revealed.) I flipped it open and it said the current date was 01/01/2001. I asked if they had activated it yet, and was told, no. That they tried to add the minutes but when they noticed it said 2001, they knew it was broken.

So I pulled out the instruction sheet. The one that is BRIGHT RED and has in nice big bold letters at the top. "READ THIS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR TRACFONE." Of course, step number 4 was "Call this number and follow the directions." I showed it to her and proceeded to waste 10 minutes of my life activating yet another Tracfone.

*head desk*

Want to know what step one is? "Pull the protective plastic off your Tracfone."
    08-19-09 09:39 PM
    I would join you in that magical place where we can get away with this
    Me too!

I don't work in the cellular industry, but I do work in customer service for a ginormous cable tv company. My biggest wish is to have one day, just one, to tell every customer exactly what I'm thinking, with no repercussions.
    08-19-09 09:40 PM
    Me too!

I don't work in the cellular industry, but I do work in customer service for a ginormous cable tv company. My biggest wish is to have one day, just one, to tell every customer exactly what I'm thinking, with no repercussions.
    I would SOOOO love to have that day! I'd even come to work early. LOL
    08-19-09 09:43 PM
    I would SOOOO love to have that day! I'd even come to work early. LOL
    Heck, I'd offer to work for free on that day!
    08-19-09 09:52 PM
    A customer came in to the store for a warranty issue, the problem couldnt be duplicated, phone worked fine. Customer was adamant about the problem, we refused to fru him out and he didnt have insurance. The customer apparently overheard another rep telling another customer that the insurance will replace his water damaged phone. Customer leaves and goes home and figures that since we can find no reason to swap his phone out, that he would give us a reason. Customer proceeds to throw phone in his hot tub. Comes back to the store, phone is still dripping wet, slams the phone on the counter and says, "Now its damaged! I want a replacement!!" Informed customer that he didnt have insurance and that he has just voided his warranty and that now he would have to pay full retail for a new phone. Customer went crazy and slammed the phone on the counter. The phone busted into pieces and a shar edge flew up and gashed his forehead, right between his eyes. Blood started pouring down his face. When the manager offered to get him a band aid, the customer became even angrier. At that point, the manager called the cops, had him banned from the store. VZW sent him a letter informing him that if he returned to the store, he would be arrested for trespassing and that service would be canceled. When his wife saw the letter, she brought him by the store and forced him to apologize to everyone.
    lol! I love that she made him apologize! Act like a 2 year old, get treated like a 2 year old!
    08-19-09 10:27 PM
    I think we all would
    08-19-09 10:32 PM
    This is a personal story...

Friend: "Hey you know about cell phones, I just started my cycle and my broadband says I've already used all my data, how can that be?"

Me: "Whats your usage so far? Are you sure your cycle starts today?"

Friend: "Yeah it starts on the 13th and it says I've used 6.8 Megabytes there's no way I used that much"

Me: "Megabytes?"

Friend: "Wait...yeah. Oh, nevermind".
    08-19-09 11:26 PM
    "The battery has a plus and minus on it! That means it has magnetic energy!"

I think this one speaks for itself.
    08-20-09 04:12 AM
    I just had a lady who had her daughter in here with her. Her daughter used to work for t-mobile, so we gave her some grief about that. My sup was working with the y9oung lady, so i had a sidebar conversation with her mother.

Her: "Yeah, I dont use this phone often, so I may get rid of it."
    Me: "Oh ok, let me check your account out, because we might have a lower plan available to you"
    Her: "You certainly dont!" "Im not signing a new contract"

This conversation went on for about 5 minuites, because she would not give me her phone number, swearing up and down that she was on the best plan possible for the money she was paying.

Then the lady tells me she is on the 1400 minute family plan, and she uses friends and family often. I said "Oh, so you use the ten numbers?"

Her: "No the friends and family"
    Me:Yeah, the ten numbers"

I guess I chuckled too hard, because she started saying I was calling her stupid and that this is why she is happy I didnt get her info.

Whatever, her daughter wound up staying around for about another 5 minutes, after I walked away from her, because she just kept yelling at me that I wasnt listening to her.
    Frankly you sound like a condescending *****, so I would probably end up yelling at you too...
    08-20-09 04:59 AM
    "I know I can block my number by dialing *67 but can I block my number for when people call me, so they can't see my number?"
    "Ma'am, if someone is calling you, they already know your number..."
    This one rocks my world:

I charged my new phone all night and when I take it off the charger it will not power on.

Please remove the battery cover and pull the battery for 15 seconds.

Um, there is no battery.

Bada Bing Bada Boom.
    LMAO I love this thread.
    08-20-09 06:04 AM
    Frankly you sound like a condescending *****, so I would probably end up yelling at you too...
    I can be at times, but this time I wasn't. I promise
    Last edited by MofoMagic; 08-20-09 at 10:02 AM.
    08-20-09 09:08 AM
1,313 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD