01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 12345 ...
tools
    Don't customers just say the darnest things...lol
    05-30-09 01:50 PM
    Where do I start?

"I don't know how my screen broke. I just woke up and it was cracked."

I am sorry sir/mam it looks like your phone has been water damaged at some point.

"Yeah but it worked fine for like a month!"

"They did it for me last time!"
    i work for att in store warranty and i hear these on a daily basis. some people are just idiots.
    05-30-09 02:00 PM
    So let me guess...it was the HUMIDITY that caused the dot to turn red, right?
    05-30-09 02:11 PM
    Being in Texas, especially near Galveston, we hear that alot; "It was the humidity that turned the dot red. All my phones have been like that. I live near the water."
    lol, its great!
    05-30-09 02:15 PM
    I'm a Telus rep, can I write in this post?

''Hi! I want a car charger for a Samsung LG

Which phone? a Samsung or a LG?

You Know: Samsung is the brand, LG the model...

Let me look to your phone(...), it's a Nokia''

OR

(Very agressive customer)
    ''I bought this phone yesterday! Its already broken!

Did you charge it tonight?

Oh! You need to charge it?''

no comments...
    05-30-09 02:22 PM
    So customer buys an aircard...calls in because they can't connect to the internet...

"what type of lights do you see on the card"
    --none--
    "Oh well take the card out of the computer and put it into another usb port please"
    --it's not in the computer--
    ...ookay
    --well it's a wireless aircard so it should work wirelessly right?--

*silence*

--My email isn't working on my phone--
    "What type of email account do you have"
    --Oh I don't have one but I just bought this BlackBerry--
    "So you don't have an email address?"
    --I shouldn't need one. The guy at the store says the emails just come to the phone, but I haven't gotten any emails--
    Last edited by talarogue77; 05-30-09 at 02:36 PM.
    05-30-09 02:33 PM
    This just happened.

Cust: "You guys always charge me for text and data when I don't want it. I have to call month after month after month."

Me: "Well I'm really sorry that you keep getting charged for stuff you would like removed, let me go ahead and pull up your account and we'll make sure this never happens again."

Cust: "Okay my number is XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Me: "I'm not pulling up an account with that number, can we try another one?"

Cust: "THATS MY NUMBER."

Me: (Verified #) "Well do you have another number?"

Cust: "Yeah XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Me: "Still not pulling up an account sir, do you have Verizon Comm (wireline) or Verizon wireless?"

Cust: "I have wireless AT&T..."

Me: "Sir this is Verizon Wireless...I can't pull up your account, only AT&T can do that."
    05-30-09 02:40 PM
    lmao ridiculous!

This just happened.

Cust: "You guys always charge me for text and data when I don't want it. I have to call month after month after month."

Me: "Well I'm really sorry that you keep getting charged for stuff you would like removed, let me go ahead and pull up your account and we'll make sure this never happens again."

Cust: "Okay my number is XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Me: "I'm not pulling up an account with that number, can we try another one?"

Cust: "THATS MY NUMBER."

Me: (Verified #) "Well do you have another number?"

Cust: "Yeah XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Me: "Still not pulling up an account sir, do you have Verizon Comm (wireline) or Verizon wireless?"

Cust: "I have wireless AT&T..."

Me: "Sir this is Verizon Wireless...I can't pull up your account, only AT&T can do that."
    05-30-09 02:45 PM
    After telling a customer REPEATEDLY that Blackberrys REQUIRE the data plan, and getting the ok confirmation, going to ring the customer up and they say, "I don't want the data plan, so don't put that on."

What. The. Crap.
    05-30-09 02:51 PM
    Maybe he keeps getting charged cause he calls the wrong company??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 02:53 PM
    After working as a police officer for 7 years I can believe all of these stupid people and still not understand. Thank god.....
    05-30-09 03:00 PM
    And they get mad because you didn't add the plan & then next month their bill is sky high because they surf the internet.
    AND tell the rep, "oh well I told her to add the plan. I don't know why they didn't. I thought I had unlimited data"

After telling a customer REPEATEDLY that Blackberrys REQUIRE the data plan, and getting the ok confirmation, going to ring the customer up and they say, "I don't want the data plan, so don't put that on."

What. The. Crap.
    05-30-09 03:01 PM
    Maybe he keeps getting charged cause he calls the wrong company??

Haha, probably. People are really smart.

"I just bought a Blackberry off of Ebay, and I'd like to activate it on my account."
    "Ok, I'll be glad to activate this Blackberry for you, would you like the personal data plan for unlimited e-mail and web for $29.99, or would you like the corporate provisioning so you can check corporate e-mail on a Blackberry Enterprise Server for $44.99?"
    "Uhhh, neither, I don't need a data plan."
    "I apologize, but a data plan is required with all Blackberry's."
    "Oh.... I guess I'll take the $29.99 plan then."
    "Ok....Oh, wait, I'm sorry, this ESN appears to be on our lost and stolen list and I cannot activate the phone for you, sorry..."
    "Oh."
    05-30-09 04:16 PM
    You don't want to know. I'll end up posting all day about dumbusers with smartphones

05-30-09 05:26 PM
    "My phone isn't working. It doesn't even turn on."
    "Ok. I'd be happy to take a look at that for you. (puts in a spare battery and it powers up, with severe water damage to the screen) It seems as though the phone has been water damaged."
    "Yeah I dropped it into a puddle."
    "Ok. Well, you do have insurance. Let me get you in touch with Asurion and we'll get a claim started for you. You'll have a $50 deductible and they'll ship one out to you. Also, be aware that you should let them know your battery got wet etc etc."
    "Ok... well the little red dot on the phone didn't change colors. Can I try to get a warranty replacement?"
    "No because once the phone hit water, the warranty is void."
    "But the indicator..."
    "No sorry you must go through insurance. This phone is not covered by the warranty anymore because there is clear liquid damage to the screen."
    "But the indicator..."

**** YOUR INDICATOR!!!

And...

"I thought I had unlimited long distance calls."
    "You have no additional long distance charges for calls in the US."
    "Yeah that's what the guy said, and that means unlimited long distance!"
    "No sir it means that if you call a long distance number, it will use your regular minutes and won't charge you an additionial fee per minute for long distance."
    "Well, how was I supposed to know that? This is my first cell phone!"

*sigh*

OH OH OH... And my crowning glory... This guy made me CRY.

"My wireless card isn't being recognized by my computer. It seems loose."
    "Ok, let me take a look for you. Do you have your laptop with you?"
    "No."
    "Ok, I really need to see the laptop. It could be the card or it could be the laptop, but I'll do what I can without it. (wiggles the usb adaptor, which is obviously not broken) The card itself seems fine. If your laptop isn't finding the device, it could be that your device drivers are bad and you may just need to update them."
    "Well, I run a business blah blah blah and I have so many lines blah blah blah and I'm not going to call your tech support just to troubleshoot because I'm too busy blah blah. It's not the drivers, it's the device blah blah I'm not going to update them blah blah blah."
    "Well, sir, I understand that you're pressed for time, but we don't have replacements in store and I'm quite sure that updating the drivers will fix the issue. I've had a version of this aircard myself and I got a virus that corrupted my drivers, and updating it fixed it right up."
    "Well (I swear to got he said this) I plug in USB things into my computer ALL THE TIME so I know more about USB **** than you do. I don't think you're qualified to tell me that."

I wish I could have said, "EXCUSE me. I come from a family of computer programers and builders. I'm in school for IT RIGHT NOW. I've been working this job for 3 years. DON'T YOU DARE tell me that just because you "plug in more USBs" than I do (which you don't, I need so many USB splitters you'd think my computer would catch on fire) makes you more qualified than I am at my job. If that were the case, you wouldn't be here for tech support because you would have fixed it yourself!"

Bit my toungue to say, "Well sir without the ability to diagnose the issue or see your computer, and since I can't duplicate the issue, I have no way of replacing the device. We really need you to either bring in your computer, or call tech support so they can do it with you from home so you don't have to go out of your way to bring everything in."
    THEN he has the audacity to say, "Your answers tonight have cost your company blah blah lines!"

That man is now banned from my store.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 05-30-09 at 05:48 PM. Reason: More customer crap
    05-30-09 05:33 PM
    "My phone isn't working. It doesn't even turn on."
    "Ok. I'd be happy to take a look at that for you. (puts in a spare battery and it powers up, with severe water damage to the screen) It seems as though the phone has been water damaged."
    "Yeah I dropped it into a puddle."
    "Ok. Well, you do have insurance. Let me get you in touch with Asurion and we'll get a claim started for you. You'll have a $50 deductible and they'll ship one out to you. Also, be aware that you should let them know your battery got wet etc etc."
    "Ok... well the little red dot on the phone didn't change colors. Can I try to get a warranty replacement?"
    "No because once the phone hit water, the warranty is void."
    "But the indicator..."
    "No sorry you must go through insurance. This phone is not covered by the warranty anymore because there is clear liquid damage to the screen."
    "But the indicator..."

**** YOUR INDICATOR!!!
    hahaha the ones that make me laugh are the people that get mad cause they have to pay a deductible when the place a cliam.
    *i pay the monthly charge why do i have to pay a deductible also.
    -sir its like when you place a claim with you car insurance, just cause you pay them monthly doesnt mean they dont want you to a deductible when you place a claim.
    *then why do i have to pay monthly if i also have to pay the deductible.
    -.......silence
    05-30-09 05:39 PM
    "Well eff you guys I'm going to Alltell!"

Okay. See ya.
    05-30-09 05:44 PM
    This happened earlier today...

Customer comes in, says phone isnt working. power it on, test call, all ok.

"so exactly what is wrong with the phone?"

"idk it suddenly stopped charging."

*look at charging port*

"sir, this charging port is not only broken, its completely destroyed."

"can you fix it?"

"no lemme see if you are eligible for an upgrade. whats the number."

"xxx-xxx-xxxx"

"And lemme guess, thats your home number." (at this point im annoyed...)

"well yeah, the number is (repeats same number)"

"yeah well actually since this is a cell phone store i need your cell phone number. dont worry i looked it up in the phone."

GOOD LORD!
    05-30-09 05:45 PM
    This is VERY therapeutic.
    05-30-09 05:50 PM
    This happened earlier today...

Customer comes in, says phone isnt working. power it on, test call, all ok.

"so exactly what is wrong with the phone?"

"idk it suddenly stopped charging."

*look at charging port*

"sir, this charging port is not only broken, its completely destroyed."

"can you fix it?"

"no lemme see if you are eligible for an upgrade. whats the number."

"xxx-xxx-xxxx"

"And lemme guess, thats your home number." (at this point im annoyed...)

"well yeah, the number is (repeats same number)"

"yeah well actually since this is a cell phone store i need your cell phone number. dont worry i looked it up in the phone."

GOOD LORD!

I hear this ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-09 06:02 PM
    I just got done with reading the 1st page and can't stop laughing. Yes a lot of customers are stupid when it comes to certain things. They don't know what they don't know. I'm going to finish reading this thread. Ever who started this thanks.
    05-30-09 06:07 PM
    your welcome i love it...
    05-30-09 06:11 PM
    Guy comes in. " I have this unlocked Storm on AT&T. It's not doing xyz.... It's under warranty...." *crickets*
    05-30-09 06:11 PM
    lmao Love the *crickets*
    This seriously is therapeutic though.

Guy comes in. " I have this unlocked Storm on AT&T. It's not doing xyz.... It's under warranty...." *crickets*
    05-30-09 06:19 PM
    I just see all the reps in the store staring with that blank stare silently...I swear people who aren't in this business do not get it. When I try to tell stories they're like "Okay.."
    05-30-09 06:21 PM
1,313 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD