01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    I like the story about the girl who has never dealt with technology. Makes we wonder how she got a job, I am guessing she is attractive.
    She looks like a leprechaun
    But is she attractive?
    08-16-09 02:55 PM
    oh yeah... thats the important things that counts! LOL
    Awsome
    08-16-09 03:00 PM

I was amazed at the similarities she had with this picture...
    08-16-09 08:21 PM
    I have a customer on the phone who wants to get out of his ETF because the federal universal service charge went up four cents.
    08-16-09 08:56 PM
    I have a customer on the phone who wants to get out of his ETF because the federal universal service charge went up four cents.
    Tell him to call the government and have them credit the ETF in his tax return
    08-16-09 09:01 PM
    He won't let me off the phone. If i said that he would say well the government doesn't force you to charge me. It is a fee we decide to charge.

I'm not letting him out of it.
    08-16-09 09:08 PM
    He won't let me off the phone. If i said that he would say well the government doesn't force you to charge me. It is a fee we decide to charge.

I'm not letting him out of it.
    Good! hate people like that (customer)
    08-16-09 09:15 PM
    I explained our contract states that if we change prices (the word prices versus the word fees, we've used the word fees to label the FUSC) we'll waive his etf if it's materially adverse. Prices includes monthly access charges (plans, text packages, etc). I offered to credit the $.04 for the rest of the contract and he declined.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 08-16-09 at 10:18 PM.
    08-16-09 09:26 PM
    It was already an escalation to me, then he escalated above me to get the same answer.

/shrug.
    08-16-09 09:31 PM
    lol, so clearly he didnt actually care about the 4 cents. thats what? almost a dollar over the course of the 2 year contract? *does math* 96 cents lmao calm down there weekend, dont get too crazy with the credits now
    08-16-09 10:01 PM
    I know, hurting STI here with my huge amounts of credits.
    08-16-09 10:12 PM
    He only had 12 months left so the credit would have been 48 cents . Might need manager approval that one.
    08-16-09 10:18 PM
    speaking of which, customer came into the store, needed to use the bathroom. Informed we did not have a public restroom. after a minute of arguing, she left. a minute later she is back with her husband, who asked if she could use the bathroom. We told him that we just told her we dont have a public restroom. "I am a customer of Verizon. I am not the public!" After 10 min he finally leaves and calls customer service. They end up calling the store asking why we wouldnt let his wife use the bathroom, and ended up crediting his account $50.
    08-16-09 10:21 PM
    Please PM me the # so I can debit that credit back. Oh man, area VP would be mad. I can see that call now.

Me:"Hi thanks for calling, what can I help you with?"
    Cust: "Yeah this store won't let me use the restroom."
    Me: "Well I can't tell the store to let you use the bathroom."
    08-16-09 10:23 PM
    He only had 12 months left so the credit would have been 48 cents . Might need manager approval that one.
    lol.... well, as long as you could create a good business case to validate that $.48 I guess it will be ok...
    08-16-09 10:24 PM
    Please PM me the # so I can debit that credit back. Oh man, area VP would be mad.
    lol omg i wish i could. was over a year ago though. but yeah seriously, $50 for the customer not being able to walk literally across the street to burger king?
    08-16-09 10:25 PM
    Oh i would have emailed his sup and debited it back right away and added 150 bonus minutes "for the inconvenience"
    08-16-09 10:30 PM
    problem is, you still hear hear the same thing today in every store I have been in. We do not have a public bathroom.
    08-16-09 10:33 PM
    Oh i would have emailed his sup and debited it back right away and added 150 bonus minutes "for the inconvenience"
    lol the funniest part was the situation lasted about 15 min (prior to the call) in which time they could have driven across the road to burger king, taken a rather large dump, and could have reloaded with a whopper. we made the mistake of letting 1 person back to the bathroom before when the store first opened, and --- you know what, not getting into that, dont wanna be PM'ed about not having "family friendly" content, but use your imagination :P
    08-16-09 10:34 PM
    In WA State they just passsed a law stating that any business with over 3 workers working must have a public bathroom.
    08-16-09 10:37 PM
    speaking of which, customer came into the store, needed to use the bathroom. Informed we did not have a public restroom. after a minute of arguing, she left. a minute later she is back with her husband, who asked if she could use the bathroom. We told him that we just told her we dont have a public restroom. "I am a customer of Verizon. I am not the public!" After 10 min he finally leaves and calls customer service. They end up calling the store asking why we wouldnt let his wife use the bathroom, and ended up crediting his account $50.
    All I can say on that one is wow (with a dumbfounded look of course)

I was in the local Verizon store today to pay my bill and I overheard this conversation. Some people cease to amaze me.

CRAZY OLD MAN: This phone is broken. (hands over a Samsung Sway)

EMPLOYEE: How is it broken sir?

CRAZY OLD MAN: You tell me, you are the one that works here!

EMPLOYEE: Can you make and receive calls?

CRAZY OLD MAN: Yes, that's all I use it for.

EMPLOYEE: Can you send and receive text messages?

CRAZY OLD MAN: I don't use that kind of devil blood! I told you I only make calls! (Whatever that means!)

EMPLOYEE: Well sir, unless you tell me what you believe is wrong with the phone I can't fix it.

CRAZY OLD MAN: BELIEVE!?!? What do you mean believe!?!? I KNOW something is wrong with that piece of $hit phone!

He then storms out of the store without his phone. He comes back about 2 minutes later, goes to the same employee and says "Why are you trying to steal my phone! Give it back!" The employee hands it back to the crazy old man and he again leaves while muttering something under his breath about Verizon being the devil.
    08-16-09 10:38 PM
    I will tell customers from now on to go to Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com and buy a plane ticket to WA so they can crap in a VZW store
    08-16-09 10:39 PM
    When I had be working at the mall for another company... we had to "greet" customers as they were walking by, to try to bring business to the location. Favorite response? "oh nononononono! I dont believe in cell phones." what does that mean?
    08-16-09 10:41 PM
    08-16-09 10:42 PM
    not a CSR of any sort, but as customer on the receiving end, i have a funny story.

Mom calls in to VZW customer service about her current bill being 1000+ dollars. They explain to her that she's gone over her texting plan. She tells the rep, "I dont text message-and i highly doubt my daughter (my sister, who at the time was 15) would send $1K worth of messages in a month."

Rep says "Well in fact she DID send that many text messages and her line is going to get shut off if its not paid at some point."

Mom screams obscenities about how it wasnt fair, and said VZW was to blame for not shutting off my sister's phone once she went over her plan (kinda like a prepaid phone). She says, "i dare you to send me copies of these messages, because im not paying until i see it in black and white."

A few days later, two HUGE manila envelopes show up in the mail, with the log of my sister's text messaging history for that past month. Double-sided too.

My sister almost shat herself. My mom is STILL paying it off. 6 years later.
    08-16-09 10:56 PM
1,313 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD