01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Kind of a frustration/funny situation with myself, another rep, and a customer.

Now in the stores, we're able to service a customer's laptop as long as they sign a waiver and the representative is comfortable interacting with the hardware. I was an IT drone before I started as a CSR with the Vdub, so I usually get the short end of the stick with aircard or rhapsody problems.

One of my coworkers decided they'd try to impress the cute girl who came in to get a new Mifi and install her aircard and get it all up and running for her, but he served up a big dose of fail, struggling for 15 minutes to get the card to install until he finally comes to me for some help.

I take the battery out of the box and install it into the MiFi.

15-Love, my serve!
    08-10-09 08:58 AM
    Water damage rant.... Why do people assume that water damage means that if the phone drops in any liquid other than water, it's ok? Oh, I dropped my phone into a beer, but it's not water, so it's covered. Or soup. Or mud. This is why I've made it clear to our reps to call it "liquid damage". But watch, I'm going to get the person in who dropped his phone in magma or something and tells me it's not liquid damage because magma is considered a plasma, not liquid.

And here's my funny story of the day: My little sister. My OWN SISTER.

"Sis, why is my screen so weird looking?"
    "Uh, it looks like it got wet. That fogginess is condensation."
    "But I didn't get it wet!"
    "Well, when did it start?"
    "Yesterday... I was texting in the shower and..."
    "You WHAT!?"
    "Well, I wasn't RIGHT under the shower stream..."
    08-10-09 04:32 PM
    Water damage rant.... Why do people assume that water damage means that if the phone drops in any liquid other than water, it's ok? Oh, I dropped my phone into a beer, but it's not water, so it's covered. Or soup. Or mud. This is why I've made it clear to our reps to call it "liquid damage". But watch, I'm going to get the person in who dropped his phone in magma or something and tells me it's not liquid damage because magma is considered a plasma, not liquid.
    thats why when our engineers send back the findings reports for phones then put it down as `liquid/moisture damage` kinda covers all bases, just gotta love it when they say `oh well i dropped it inthe bath a few months back, but its been working fine since then` firstly it obviously hasnt been workin fine because we had to send it for repair!! secondly on which universe does a phone `heal` itself, some people make me laugh

also i sold a (and i quote) `gooseberry touch fone thingy` turned out to be a storm!!!!

and for my biggest pet hate?? people who ask `how much is that phone` when the price is like right next to it, i mean how blind are people!!
    08-10-09 04:48 PM
    I've worked for indirect agents for years and the way that I've always been told...even by RSMs and RAMs is that if the phone has less than 30 min of use on it and the condition is still new (no scratches or visual signs on use) it can be resold but the price is discounted (So instead of $100 with a $50 MIR its $90 with a $50 MIR, or whatever the situation). If it has over 30 min of use, it has to be sold as used and same goes for any phone that comes back with signs of use of them. We charge restocking fees for either of these occurances.

If the phone has one minute of use it's used.

If a person buys a car drives it for 30 miles then brings it back and returns the car, is that still a new car?
    08-10-09 05:10 PM
    If the phone has one minute of use it's used.

If a person buys a car drives it for 30 miles then brings it back and returns the car, is that still a new car?
    Actually yeah, if you ever buy a new car, chances are there will prolly be over 100 miles on the vehilce before you even take it off the lot. The only time that it doesn't happen is if you order it direct from the manufacturer.
    08-10-09 07:07 PM
    Actually yeah, if you ever buy a new car, chances are there will prolly be over 100 miles on the vehilce before you even take it off the lot. The only time that it doesn't happen is if you order it direct from the manufacturer.
    Right but that's because of test drives and production miles to ensure everything works good before it gets to the lot. If the car was purchased/taken home/then returned it's not re-sold as new.
    08-10-09 08:49 PM
    I've worked for indirect agents for years and the way that I've always been told...even by RSMs and RAMs is that if the phone has less than 30 min of use on it and the condition is still new (no scratches or visual signs on use) it can be resold but the price is discounted (So instead of $100 with a $50 MIR its $90 with a $50 MIR, or whatever the situation). If it has over 30 min of use, it has to be sold as used and same goes for any phone that comes back with signs of use of them. We charge restocking fees for either of these occurances.

thank you for this jakeboyer11! this is our exact policy. anything with 30 minutes or more of talk time is sold as used, if it is deemed sellable at all. if anything has scratches of any sort on it, we do not sell it. we always charge restocking fees, and as stated above, we sell the phone for a lower price. so, smachart, its not like we're trying to pass a used phone off as new, and rip someone off, which is basically what youre saying. come on. you saying those things makes us as indirects look bad, when we are just as qualified as you are to do the job, trained in the same ways, etc. I think if you're with Verizon, you should be ashamed of speaking that way. We are just as much a part of the company as you are. we DO in fact follow verizons policies, and i am also very aware of what those policies are. thanks.
    08-10-09 09:22 PM
    What indirect agent do you work at? I would like to know because it is against Verizons policy (which indirects have to follow as well) that you cant sell used phones and you did just publish that information on a public forum. Things like that are what give people that dont know the difference between indirect and direct a bad taste in their mouth about Verizon Wireless.

BTW smachart, Verizon DOES sell used phones. They call them "refurbished".
    08-10-09 09:26 PM
    got one today, she had to be 80, she asked what a usb port was
    08-10-09 09:43 PM
    Unrelated to cell phones, but relevant to the stories at hand. Apologies if this has already been posted as I skipped the interior pages of this thread.

AT A HARDWARE STORE
    NEW YORK CITY

Customer: “Look! My friend told me I could get this type of hammer at your store! Now go get it for me!”

Cashier: “Sir, I already told you… we don’t have ANY hammers back here that aren’t already stocked on the shelves.”

Customer: “LOOK HERE. F**K YOU! I KNOW YOU’RE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY BY SWITCHING OUT YOUR STOCKS! GET ME THIS HAMMER!”

(At this point, I come to the front of the store, overhearing what’s going on; note that I’m the manager.)

Me: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “Yes sir! Your employee here is not doing what I tell her to!”

Me: “Well, you need to calm down and understand that we don’t have what you’re looking for. So maybe you should go back to shelves and check–”

Customer: “F**K THAT!!! IT’S NOT THERE, OKAY?! YOU NEED TO F**KING GET ME WHAT I ASK FOR!”

Me: “That’s it. Get out of my store.”

Customer: “What? NO!”

Me: “Sir, get out, or I have to take you out.”

Customer: “Then do it!”

(I go around the counter and approach the customer. I yank him by his collar & drag him to the door.)

Me: “Now, then… you wanna apologize and maybe come back in?”

Customer: “No! I just want my hammer! God, what is this madness?!”

Me: *puts the customer down*

Customer: *confused* “… What is it?”

(I turn back to the cashier, who nods in approval. I then turn back to face the customer.)

Me: “Madness? THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAAA!” *kicks customer out of store and slams door*
    08-10-09 11:14 PM
    Touched me to get out of your store and I would have pressed assault charges.
    08-11-09 01:52 AM
    Touched me to get out of your store and I would have pressed assault charges.
    lol thats america for you.......

so heres my funny customer story not cell phone but food business. So im working at my restaurant one late night with an employee and we're just messin around so a couple people walk in and we start having a contest on who can make the best burrito (stores name is Taco Del Mar) so when we finish making the burritos i say mines better and go on to say this "your's is big on on side and small on the other!" and the customer (who was like 50-60 yrs old) says "That's What She Said!" me and him burst out laughing and everyone was looking at us like we were crazy!! lol well it made my night..
    08-11-09 03:56 AM
    I used to live in Phoenix, AZ and I ate at Taco Del Mar ALL THE TIME! I love that place!
    08-11-09 10:28 AM
    lol thats america for you.......

so heres my funny customer story not cell phone but food business. So im working at my restaurant one late night with an employee and we're just messin around so a couple people walk in and we start having a contest on who can make the best burrito (stores name is Taco Del Mar) so when we finish making the burritos i say mines better and go on to say this "your's is big on on side and small on the other!" and the customer (who was like 50-60 yrs old) says "That's What She Said!" me and him burst out laughing and everyone was looking at us like we were crazy!! lol well it made my night..
    My bro used to work at taco del mar! They make some bomb burritos/tacos. Especially the big @ss ones in those black trays that weigh like 1lb and a half.
    08-11-09 10:35 AM
    thank you for this jakeboyer11! this is our exact policy. anything with 30 minutes or more of talk time is sold as used, if it is deemed sellable at all. if anything has scratches of any sort on it, we do not sell it. we always charge restocking fees, and as stated above, we sell the phone for a lower price. so, smachart, its not like we're trying to pass a used phone off as new, and rip someone off, which is basically what youre saying. come on. you saying those things makes us as indirects look bad, when we are just as qualified as you are to do the job, trained in the same ways, etc. I think if you're with Verizon, you should be ashamed of speaking that way. We are just as much a part of the company as you are. we DO in fact follow verizons policies, and i am also very aware of what those policies are. thanks.

That ia your policy, not Verizon Wireless' or quite frankly, any other carrier.

You sellt eh phone, because the owner is buying them from verizon for a loss, and when the person returns them, he loses his commission, so in order to get some money back, they resell it.

If you seriously have a hard time understanding this, just call any verizon corporate store, and they can explain it to u again.
    08-11-09 02:19 PM
    They can't, however, teach spelling...
    08-11-09 02:20 PM
    How about when a customer says I dont have options on my BB. And then they read every icon off untill... holy sh*t! there it is!
    THIS HAPPENS TO ME EVERYDAY AND AS THE DAY GOES ON IT GETS LESS AND LESS AMUSING like today
    08-13-09 09:22 PM
    Customer today... young guy, possibly late teens, my best guess would be 17-19... was using a strange accent... doubt it was real...

Cust: I want to add a line onto my single line plan... how much will it cost?
    me: Cheapest plan starts at 69.99 for 700 minutes
    Cust: I want a blackberry
    Me: ok, which one were you interested in
    cust: Storm
    me: ok... that is 100 after mail in rebate...
    cust: how is the camera?
    me: 3.2 MP
    Cust mumbles something...
    Me: excuse me?
    cust: is it thebomb.com?
    me: um..... what?
    Cust: the camera... is it the bomb dot com....

i couldnt help but to start cracking up laughing...

cust: im not trying to be a pain in the @ss... i just want to know... oh, how is the video camera?
    me still laughing: its fine, it works.
    cust: how is it in the dark? does it have night vision?
    me: it has a flash.....
    Cust: ok, but does it have night vision
    me: what do you mean
    cust: you know, when the lights are out

I was dying laughing, almost dropped the F' Bomb and said "dude, wtf are you talking about" but I held back.... my coworker was dying laughing next to me too
    08-14-09 10:05 PM
    oh, another one.... another customer using the bill payment kiosk (BPK)... Looks at it, at that time it was saying the instructions in Spanish...

Cust: I need to pay a bill
    Me: ok, we have this machine here, please use that to make a payment
    Cust: I cant read this, its in mexican.

I wanted to say "Mexincan is not a language... but here, now its in american" but i held my tongue... I really wish I could say whatever I am thinking infront of a customer
    08-14-09 10:09 PM
    I really wish I could say whatever I am thinking infront of a customer
    I would join you in that magical place where we can get away with this
    08-15-09 12:33 AM
    Ricky Bobby: Here in America we speak American.
    08-16-09 01:06 PM
    Unrelated to cell phones, but relevant to the stories at hand. Apologies if this has already been posted as I skipped the interior pages of this thread.

AT A HARDWARE STORE
    NEW YORK CITY

Customer: Look! My friend told me I could get this type of hammer at your store! Now go get it for me!

Cashier: Sir, I already told you we dont have ANY hammers back here that arent already stocked on the shelves.

Customer: LOOK HERE. F**K YOU! I KNOW YOURE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY BY SWITCHING OUT YOUR STOCKS! GET ME THIS HAMMER!

(At this point, I come to the front of the store, overhearing whats going on; note that Im the manager.)

Me: Is there a problem?

Customer: Yes sir! Your employee here is not doing what I tell her to!

Me: Well, you need to calm down and understand that we dont have what youre looking for. So maybe you should go back to shelves and check

Customer: F**K THAT!!! ITS NOT THERE, OKAY?! YOU NEED TO F**KING GET ME WHAT I ASK FOR!

Me: Thats it. Get out of my store.

Customer: What? NO!

Me: Sir, get out, or I have to take you out.

Customer: Then do it!

(I go around the counter and approach the customer. I yank him by his collar & drag him to the door.)

Me: Now, then you wanna apologize and maybe come back in?

Customer: No! I just want my hammer! God, what is this madness?!

Me: *puts the customer down*

Customer: *confused* What is it?

(I turn back to the cashier, who nods in approval. I then turn back to face the customer.)

Me: Madness? THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAAA! *kicks customer out of store and slams door*
    I call shannigans. You didnt physically remove a customer and keep your job. After the law suit settled i would own your store and make your clean the floors with a toothbrush.
    08-16-09 01:12 PM
    Hey, did you guys know... according to one customer...
    Verizon is the reason the economy is so bad. AND we should have software that determines how much you pay monthly based on how good your signal works...

I thought that was very enlighting!
    08-16-09 01:33 PM
    A large settlement wouldn't be justified as long as there were no injuries and medical treatment was not needed.
    I call shannigans. You didnt physically remove a customer and keep your job. After the law suit settled i would own your store and make your clean the floors with a toothbrush.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 01:51 PM
    ooh... SMACK down at the Verizon store!!!!
    08-16-09 01:59 PM
1,313 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD