01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Holy crap. My production is non existent right now. I've spent the last 2 days reading this entire post beginning to end. Now what do I do.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:31 PM
    read it again
    08-04-09 09:56 PM
    hahaha these are all funny and sooo true!!!!!
    08-04-09 09:56 PM
    Customer: so where are you located?

Me: New Mexico.

Customer: Wow your English is really good.

LOL, I got that one last summer!
    08-05-09 02:43 AM
    So a customer comes into my store yesterday, and he's all upset. He says to my coworker standing next to me, "yeah, my charger is all messed up, it won't charge my phone unless ya jiggle it just right, and sometimes it still won't. Can y'all just give me a new one?"
    To which my coworker immediately replies, "Did you bring your charger with you?" What's the customer say?
    "Well, no, I never even thought to bring the charger! I brought my phone though. Can't you just give me a new one?"
    Its like walking to an auto-repair shop and telling the mechanic that your engine blew and you want it fixed, but your forgot to bring your car!
    Last edited by spidermonkey242; 08-05-09 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Correction
    08-05-09 08:20 AM
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....just finished reading some of the the post from (things that customers say that make us laugh) and have come to the conclusion that there should be some sort of test before people are allowed to purchase any kind of technology.
    08-05-09 08:52 AM
    i don't know if this one has already been posted but i love the customers that come into the store with hundreds of dollars in txt messaging charges and then say "my 14 year old daughter never text messages. She would never do that there must be a mistake in your system i want all the charges reversed".

i just look at them and say "have you seen a teenager use a cell phone in the last 5 years. i would believe your story more if they used more minutes then text messages"
    08-06-09 06:03 PM
    Have a new hire, completely technologically illiterate, idk how she got hired.... Figured I should share a couple of her quotes....

*using the storm* "How do I answer a call? this button?" *points to the end button*
    I almost gave her the "green means go red means stop" speech....

me: Press the screen lightly
    *rep holds finger 5 inches away from the screen and jabs her finger into it as hard as she can*
    me: no, lightly. very lightly.....
    *same thing*
    this continued for 5 min before I walked away.

*in SMS screen...*
    rep: How do I get to the main menu?
    me: Press the end button
    rep pushes blackberry menu key, said "no thats wrong...." and presses the back key... then the BB key again, and just keeps repeating the process 10 times before I say "JUST PRESS THE RED BUTTON!"

Blackberry rep comes in today... asks her why she would recommend a blackberry over a WINMO phone... "um... well blackberries can do email!"
    "most devices can."
    "oh... well.... Blackberries are good!"

Task: locate this store __________ on the verizon wireless page using the netbook....
    *rep looks at the netbook...* "how do you work this?"
    I move the mouse using the mouse pad to internet explorer and open it up...
    "woah that was too fast! what does that do???" and points to the mouse pad.

There is more, may add more later.... My question, how bad is the economy and job market really? I mean, if you are hiring a person like that as a sales rep???

PS: I really wish I was joking or exaggerating, but im honestly not.
    08-06-09 06:54 PM
    i just look at them and say "have you seen a teenager use a cell phone in the last 5 years. i would believe your story more if they used more minutes then text messages"
    LOL! My 11 Yr old had 2500 in and 1500 outgoing texts last month. Can't risk getting off the unlimited plan...
    08-06-09 07:08 PM
    What a great thread!! I have a few stories myself!!

I work as a sales rep at a Verizon retailer, and the other day a lady came into our store and because it was a very busy part of the day, she waited for a very long time. When I finally got to her, I asked her what I could help her with, and she handed me a phone I did not recognize. I asked her again what I could help her with, and she just pushed the phone forward and said, you fix this. I opened the phone, and it had an AT&T logo on it, so I told her that i could not fix her phone because we were Verizon, not AT&T. I pointed the AT&T store out to her that was about 100 feet away and told her she needed to take it there and have them fix it. She looked around and said, you fix this now! I said, ma'am im sorry, but I cant fix your phone, we are verizon, not AT&T, but if you just go down to the AT&T store, they can fix it for you. She said, "You aren't AT&T???!!" I said, no ma'am, we're Verizon. Her reply? "Oh, ok. Wheres AT&T at?" I probably spent about 10 minutes with this woman, and after she left, I had a store full of people waiting in line.

On a different occasion, I had woman come into the store absolutely irate because the phone we sold her 3 years ago would not come on anymore. She had the box and everything and wanted me to exchange it for her. I told her I was going to do some trouble shooting on the phone considering its 3 years old and we cant take phones back after 30 days. I asked her when the last time she charged her phone was, and she told me she charged it the night before. I proceeded to open the phone, and press the power key. Lo and behold, the phone powers on with a full battery! I handed it to her and told her there was nothing wrong with her phone, she just needed to hold the power key down, and she looked at me with a puzzled look and all of a sudden grabs all her stuff off of the counter and leaves. lol

On a seperate occasion, I had an elderly gentleman come in with a problem with an Alltell phone. Since Verizon bought Alltell, we now get to deal with all those issues as well as our own. He said his phone would not pick up in our area anymore. This is a simple fix, just reprogram the phone to pick up the latest surrounding towers. I did this to the phone, and he said, "YOU JUST MESSED UP THE WHOLE D*MN THING! NOW IM ONLY GONNA PICK UP HERE IN YOUR MALL! THIS IS F*N RIDICULOUS, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE H*LL YOU'RE DOIN!" I explained to him that I did not mess his phone up, that this is what we are trained to do in these situations. He walked out of the store cussing me the whole way.

Yesterday, a lady called me and told me she recently cancelled her service after having it a week because it did not pick up at her home, and she asked me what she needed to do with the phones. I informed her that they needed to come back to our store, so we can resell them. She tells me she cut the bar codes off of her box for her rebates. I then tell her that if she doesnt have the bar codes, we have to charge a $50 restocking fee, because without that, we cant resell them. I informed her that even though we would be charging the restocking fee, she would still be receiving her rebates, which would make up for the restocking fee. Her reply? "THATS A F*ING RIPOFF!!!!"

Gotta love clueless people!
    08-06-09 08:26 PM
    What a great thread!! I have a few stories myself!!

I work as a sales rep at a Verizon retailer, and the other day a lady came into our store and because it was a very busy part of the day, she waited for a very long time. When I finally got to her, I asked her what I could help her with, and she handed me a phone I did not recognize. I asked her again what I could help her with, and she just pushed the phone forward and said, you fix this. I opened the phone, and it had an AT&T logo on it, so I told her that i could not fix her phone because we were Verizon, not AT&T. I pointed the AT&T store out to her that was about 100 feet away and told her she needed to take it there and have them fix it. She looked around and said, you fix this now! I said, ma'am im sorry, but I cant fix your phone, we are verizon, not AT&T, but if you just go down to the AT&T store, they can fix it for you. She said, "You aren't AT&T???!!" I said, no ma'am, we're Verizon. Her reply? "Oh, ok. Wheres AT&T at?" I probably spent about 10 minutes with this woman, and after she left, I had a store full of people waiting in line.

On a different occasion, I had woman come into the store absolutely irate because the phone we sold her 3 years ago would not come on anymore. She had the box and everything and wanted me to exchange it for her. I told her I was going to do some trouble shooting on the phone considering its 3 years old and we cant take phones back after 30 days. I asked her when the last time she charged her phone was, and she told me she charged it the night before. I proceeded to open the phone, and press the power key. Lo and behold, the phone powers on with a full battery! I handed it to her and told her there was nothing wrong with her phone, she just needed to hold the power key down, and she looked at me with a puzzled look and all of a sudden grabs all her stuff off of the counter and leaves. lol

On a seperate occasion, I had an elderly gentleman come in with a problem with an Alltell phone. Since Verizon bought Alltell, we now get to deal with all those issues as well as our own. He said his phone would not pick up in our area anymore. This is a simple fix, just reprogram the phone to pick up the latest surrounding towers. I did this to the phone, and he said, "YOU JUST MESSED UP THE WHOLE D*MN THING! NOW IM ONLY GONNA PICK UP HERE IN YOUR MALL! THIS IS F*N RIDICULOUS, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE H*LL YOU'RE DOIN!" I explained to him that I did not mess his phone up, that this is what we are trained to do in these situations. He walked out of the store cussing me the whole way.

Yesterday, a lady called me and told me she recently cancelled her service after having it a week because it did not pick up at her home, and she asked me what she needed to do with the phones. I informed her that they needed to come back to our store, so we can resell them. She tells me she cut the bar codes off of her box for her rebates. I then tell her that if she doesnt have the bar codes, we have to charge a $50 restocking fee, because without that, we cant resell them. I informed her that even though we would be charging the restocking fee, she would still be receiving her rebates, which would make up for the restocking fee. Her reply? "THATS A F*ING RIPOFF!!!!"

Gotta love clueless people!
    What indirect agent do you work at? I would like to know because it is against Verizons policy (which indirects have to follow as well) that you cant sell used phones and you did just publish that information on a public forum. Things like that are what give people that dont know the difference between indirect and direct a bad taste in their mouth about Verizon Wireless.
    08-07-09 12:00 PM
    Yeah, I'm sure the direct agents just toss those week old phones into the trash...
    08-07-09 01:06 PM
    Indirect agents sell used phones as "new" all the time. I checked the ESN and I'd say more than half of the "new" phones indirect agents sell have been activated on a previous account.

Another reason why I never recommend indirects.
    08-07-09 01:21 PM
    I like the story about the girl who has never dealt with technology. Makes we wonder how she got a job, I am guessing she is attractive.

08-07-09 01:46 PM
    3. Guy walks in the day and I say "How are you sir and what can brings you in today?" He says "A car brought me here but I saw how nice the weather was in here so I thought I would just hang out for a while." I said "Well go ahead and enjoy the weather and let us know if you have any questions" and walked off the floor. I couldn't do it.
    haha this one was great!
    08-07-09 02:04 PM
    This thread is amazing. I share most of these stories with my co-workers all the time.

Not cell phone related but funny. I'm a Realtor and I had an older woman walk in the other day (we don't get walk ins too often) and she told me she was interested in investment properties and continued to explain where, etc... So I asked her how much she can spend and she says "Oh, well those foreclosures and short sales come pretty cheap, about $20k to $30k thousand, so with a $200k loan I can get about 3 or 4 right?" It took me a few minutes to explain to her that A) you can't find a property like that around us for that price and B) that's not how it works. Our secretary had this look on her face and as soon as the woman left, she burst into laughter. What the heck does this woman think she's buying?
    08-07-09 02:45 PM
    She looks like a leprechaun

I like the story about the girl who has never dealt with technology. Makes we wonder how she got a job, I am guessing she is attractive.

08-07-09 02:46 PM
    She looks like a leprechaun

Ever wondered what happened to the leprechaun after the kids stole the lucky charms?

Now you know.
    08-07-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah, I'm sure the direct agents just toss those week old phones into the trash...

They dont get thrown into the trash, but they can not be resold.
    08-07-09 02:50 PM
    In a direct store, if we sell out a black phone and they later change their mind, even if its before they leave, we do not resell that phone. It gets shipped back andsomeone ends up getting that brand new phone as a fru

08-07-09 02:52 PM
    Indirect agents sell used phones as "new" all the time. I checked the ESN and I'd say more than half of the "new" phones indirect agents sell have been activated on a previous account.

Another reason why I never recommend indirects.
    I've worked for indirect agents for years and the way that I've always been told...even by RSMs and RAMs is that if the phone has less than 30 min of use on it and the condition is still new (no scratches or visual signs on use) it can be resold but the price is discounted (So instead of $100 with a $50 MIR its $90 with a $50 MIR, or whatever the situation). If it has over 30 min of use, it has to be sold as used and same goes for any phone that comes back with signs of use of them. We charge restocking fees for either of these occurances.
    Last edited by jakeboyer11; 08-07-09 at 03:46 PM.
    08-07-09 03:38 PM
    I got one for ya. A lady walks in saying her bb curve isn't working right. The backlight won't turn on so you can hardly see anything on the screen. She tells me that she talked to CS and they told her it was a manufacture problem and that she could go into the store and get a new one since hers was less than 30 days old. So I look at the phone trying to troubleshoot it and I see that it has water damage. I tell the lady and she goes beserk starts yelling at me telling me that it was BS and that her phone has never been near water and blah blah blah the typical shpeel. I then showed her the sticker and went as slow as I could and explained it to her trying not to be too sarcastic I said "Mam, you see this sticker here?"
    Cust: "Yea, so?"
    Me: what color is it?
    Cust: its f'n red!
    Me: well originally it is white, when water gets onto it, it turns red.
    Cust: well I'm telling you it hasn't been near water. Its probly red cuz it got dyed when it fell head first into red koolaid.
    As soon as she said that I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't laugh in her face. Then I said "mam how do you make koolaid?
    Cust: water and f'n koolaid mix!
    I just stared at her for a few seconds and it finally sunk in she started blushing and apologizing and I took pity and called the insurance for her. Lol some people are too funny.

08-07-09 06:14 PM
    I just had a lady who had her daughter in here with her. Her daughter used to work for t-mobile, so we gave her some grief about that. My sup was working with the y9oung lady, so i had a sidebar conversation with her mother.

Her: "Yeah, I dont use this phone often, so I may get rid of it."
    Me: "Oh ok, let me check your account out, because we might have a lower plan available to you"
    Her: "You certainly dont!" "Im not signing a new contract"

This conversation went on for about 5 minuites, because she would not give me her phone number, swearing up and down that she was on the best plan possible for the money she was paying.

Then the lady tells me she is on the 1400 minute family plan, and she uses friends and family often. I said "Oh, so you use the ten numbers?"

Her: "No the friends and family"
    Me:Yeah, the ten numbers"

I guess I chuckled too hard, because she started saying I was calling her stupid and that this is why she is happy I didnt get her info.

Whatever, her daughter wound up staying around for about another 5 minutes, after I walked away from her, because she just kept yelling at me that I wasnt listening to her.
    08-07-09 06:17 PM
    This is just something that bugs me. My store is right next door to an AT&T retailer (I know funny right haha) and I have a big Verizon sign on the front of the building and big light up LED sign in the front window and also Verizon floor mat in front of the door and also in front of the counter. But, for some reason that I guess I'll never know, people come here open the door and say, "Are you guys AT&T?" Baffles me still!
    08-08-09 12:22 PM
    This is just something that bugs me. My store is right next door to an AT&T retailer (I know funny right haha) and I have a big Verizon sign on the front of the building and big light up LED sign in the front window and also Verizon floor mat in front of the door and also in front of the counter. But, for some reason that I guess I'll never know, people come here open the door and say, "Are you guys AT&T?" Baffles me still!
    We're next to a Starbucks......huge Verizon signs everywhere including on the door. People walk in and say "Oh, this isn't Starbucks" probably 5 times a day.
    08-09-09 12:42 PM
1,313 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD