01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    WTF is MEEFI?
    I used to work for a crazy old guy who spent most of his day shuffling papers between my inbox and another guy's. The boss would always put sticky notes on the stuff with cryptic notes.

One day my coworker walks into my office:

Kevin: I just got this note from the boss. It say, "Kevin, meef." WTF is that supposed to mean?

Me: Maybe he started to write meet, or need, and just had a brain fade.

Kevin: Yeah, but I can't go ask him. I can just hear him screaming at me: "Meef, dammit! I've told you to meef... so meef!"

That was almost fifteen years ago. Sometimes I'll be walking around town and hear somebody say "Meef!" and I always know it's Kevin.
    07-29-09 10:15 PM
    If I only had the time to post all of the things that I have heard. My most fav one is when a customer wanted their phone replaced because the keys were too loud!
    07-29-09 10:20 PM
    It seems that on a daily basis I get to hear someones whole life story before they even answer my question of "how can I help you today". Then, when their story is over, of course 99% of it doesn't even pertain to the cell phone. I don't mind listening usually, but that's at least one full hour every day I work of my life that I will never get back, haha.
    07-30-09 05:30 AM
    "how can I help you?"
    "I may need to run quickly, I'm waiting for a call from my lawyer. My husband took my cell phone. Did you know that was illegal? Its just a really hard time right now.... Anyway I need to pay my bill"
    And continued talking about it during the payment.....

It seems that on a daily basis I get to hear someones whole life story before they even answer my question of "how can I help you today". Then, when their story is over, of course 99% of it doesn't even pertain to the cell phone. I don't mind listening usually, but that's at least one full hour every day I work of my life that I will never get back, haha.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 06:29 AM
    I got all of the following customers yesterday in a row to end my day.

1. Guy returns his Tour and when asked why he responds with "I have just read some really bad reviews online." I asked him if he has had any problems and he says no. He then acknowledges that he was told about the restocking fee but is not going to pay it. I tell him we won't credit it and he says customer care offered to and say great they can certainly do that for you. That wasn't acceptable because he wanted it credited to his credit card and not his bill. We didn't give him the credit but he argued it for another 15 minutes.

2. Lady bought a Pearl Flip on the 27th under protest from myself. I told her that she would hate the phone and I didn't think based on what she wanted that it was the device for her. She wouldn't go with the Curve because she didn't like to lock her screen. She returned the Pearl Flip yesterday and got an ENV Touch and when told that you have to lock the screen on the Touch she said it no big deal. I reminded her that was the reason she got a flip phone and she said i know but flip phones are so boring this is what one of my girlfriends have.

3. Guy walks in the day and I say "How are you sir and what can brings you in today?" He says "A car brought me here but I saw how nice the weather was in here so I thought I would just hang out for a while." I said "Well go ahead and enjoy the weather and let us know if you have any questions" and walked off the floor. I couldn't do it.
    07-30-09 06:59 AM
    hahaha! don't you love stupid people!

and i want to apologize to all phone retail people if i've gotten upset in the store.
    07-30-09 07:06 AM
    there was a guy playing with our netbook the other day, i approached him and ask if he needed anything. after not getting any response, i asked again. he then turn at me with an annoyed look in his face and in broken english said "dont bother me, i am working". this guy was blogging on our netbook. if he had just said that, we would've been cool, but because he came off the way he did and gave me the look he gave me, I went ahead and made him leave halfway through writing his post. and then DELETE
    07-30-09 08:32 AM
    there was a guy playing with our netbook the other day, i approached him and ask if he needed anything. after not getting any response, i asked again. he then turn at me with an annoyed look in his face and in broken english said "dont bother me, i am working". this guy was blogging on our netbook. if he had just said that, we would've been cool, but because he came off the way he did and gave me the look he gave me, I went ahead and made him leave halfway through writing his post. and then DELETE
    +1 for pulling rank lol. Its funny how just the way someone says something to you can change your whole attitude towards the person. There's a local grocery store with a self checkout that we frequent. There is one guy that works there that NO MATTER WHAT I am doing i.e. buyin alcohol, weighing something, scanning something as soon as he sees me doing anything he walks up and has something to say to me. So one time he walks up and asks me to move my cart that was in no one's way. So (pissed off) I say (way too loud and looking back probably shouldnt have) F*CK YA ILL MOVE MY CART FOR YOU! The guy was totally caught offguard and has since not said a word to me
    Mission Accomplished.
    07-30-09 08:41 AM
    How about when a customer says I dont have options on my BB. And then they read every icon off untill... holy sh*t! there it is!
    07-30-09 02:45 PM
    It always went the same way:

Cust: I'm having (whatever issue they had) with my (insert relative here)'s phone! I pay $xxx.xx per month and I want this fixed NOW!
    The "I paid $xxx" sense of entitlement isn't limited to phone customers.

I used to be the weekend news anchor at a TV station. One of the most memorable moron calls to the newsroom was from a squeaky voiced pre-teen boy:

Kid: "I went out and bought a copy of the newspaper today, and I paid fifty cents, and I was looking at the TV listings...." (I can hear mom coaching him in the background.)

Me: "Okay, kid, cut to the chase."

Kid: "The newspaper says game seven of the NBA championships will be on at 2:30, and it's 2:25..."

Me: "Yeah, kid, I'm glad you cal tell time. Tell me, who are the NBA champs?"

Kid: "The (whoever it was that yea)r."

Me: "And when did they win the championship?"

KId: "Last night."

Me: "Right, kid... and it's best of seven, and they won it in five, right?"

Kid: "Yeah...."

Me: "So it's obvious that mom doesn't know squat about basketball, but you should know that there's no game six tonight... because the series is OVER. It's on the front page of the paper you bought. The TV listings are sent to the paper to be published ahead of time."

Maroons!
    07-30-09 08:33 PM
    II had a customer call in today about the screen of his dare having a crack in the lcd and wanted to have it replaced under warranty.
    me: " it generally there has to be a lot of force applied to get the screen to crack, what happened ?"
    Cust: " I sat on it, but I have a case on it that protects it from being dropped. It should be covered by the warranty!"
    Me: " I am sorry but the phone is damaged and not eligible for warranty exchange,"
    Cust: " but the case protects it against being dropped! "

Cust then wanted to speak to LG

I am still trying to work out how a case made to stop damage in the event of a small fall is supposed to protect the phone when at least 100+ lbs of pressure is applied?!?!

08-02-09 01:59 PM
    right? isnt great when people come in when cracked displays and pretend they have no idea how it got there?
    08-02-09 03:01 PM
    "Sir, how long do you hold down the end key?"
    Whats the "end" key?
    The red button you push when you end a call.
    oh, well I hold it down to make sure the call disconnects so I dont use up my minutes.
    yeah...

here's your sign...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    As a former CSR, I do remember gettting a call JUST LIKE THAT ONE.
    Priceless
    08-02-09 04:25 PM
    The "I paid $xxx" sense of entitlement isn't limited to phone customers.

I used to be the weekend news anchor at a TV station. One of the most memorable moron calls to the newsroom was from a squeaky voiced pre-teen boy:

Kid: "I went out and bought a copy of the newspaper today, and I paid fifty cents, and I was looking at the TV listings...." (I can hear mom coaching him in the background.)

Me: "Okay, kid, cut to the chase."

Kid: "The newspaper says game seven of the NBA championships will be on at 2:30, and it's 2:25..."

Me: "Yeah, kid, I'm glad you cal tell time. Tell me, who are the NBA champs?"

Kid: "The (whoever it was that yea)r."

Me: "And when did they win the championship?"

KId: "Last night."

Me: "Right, kid... and it's best of seven, and they won it in five, right?"

Kid: "Yeah...."

Me: "So it's obvious that mom doesn't know squat about basketball, but you should know that there's no game six tonight... because the series is OVER. It's on the front page of the paper you bought. The TV listings are sent to the paper to be published ahead of time."

Maroons!
    wtf is a maroon?
    08-02-09 05:38 PM
    wtf is a maroon?
    Bugs Bunny speak for a moron.

08-02-09 05:49 PM
    Now THAT takes guts. LOL
    08-02-09 07:32 PM
    I love how customers think we agree with them all the time but just due to a policy we can't accommodate them.

Cust: "I know it's not your policy, you just work there."

Me: "Well yeah, that's true but actually..i agree with the policy."
    08-02-09 08:36 PM
    Customer: so where are you located?

Me: New Mexico.

Customer: Wow your English is really good.

08-02-09 08:43 PM
    LOL

That's awesome.
    08-02-09 08:50 PM
    So here's one that happened the other day, pissed me off at first but now I laugh about it...
    Its the first customer of the day.
    He comes in to get his contacts swapped from one phone to the other. Its a nextel phone, so to the swap we take the sim cards out and put them in this little yellow card copying machine.(I'm doing this right in front of him) So I finish the swap and put his battery back in and tell him have a nice day. The phone comes back on and he says "why did my battery lose one bar of power?". I said I'm not sure and move to the next person, and he leaves. He marches back in about 15 mins later and starts saying that this wasn't his battery! I said, "sir that's your battery, you watched me take it out and put it back in". He demands that I give him his old battery back, because his battery was white, and the one in there now was black. I said "sir that's the same battery that comes in all of those phones. He still doesn't believe me, so I go to the back and grab the same model phone and open the box to show him the battery. Still he is convinced I stole his battery and storms off saying he's gonna call corporate. Blah blah blah!!!
    So that's my "wtf/funny" contribution.

08-02-09 09:29 PM
    Ok, this was more something someone DID more than SAID, but it's still hilarious.
    08-03-09 10:03 AM
    Customer: so where are you located?

Me: New Mexico.

Customer: Wow your English is really good.

That is awesome lol
    08-03-09 10:10 AM
    Ok, this was more something someone DID more than SAID, but it's still hilarious.
    I think its hilarious, that stupid ill-prepared parents chain their kids up. Its like Katt Williams say you wonder why your kids bring guns to school and have violent tendencies its because you've treated them like a german shephard since they were 2.
    08-03-09 10:12 AM
    Here's on that didn't make me laugh, but makes others laugh when I tell the story.

Customer called me because his speed dail wasn't working on his phone anymore. That's when I asked the magic question. "When did it stop working?"

His repsonse was one that still makes me facepalm: "After I cleaned the inside of it out with windex."

After some discussion, he had not only taken it apart, but drenched it in Windex to get the "dust" out of it. The phone was already nearly 4 years old.

I stated this shouldn't be done to a phone ever. Ever. And he began cursing, ignoring what I said, and asked me how I was going to fix it. I told him I couldn't fix something like that. He told me I was the guru and I better fix it.

We discussed for about 5 minutes that what he did with the windex was a bad idea. I told him that he was quite lucky to have his phone work at all.

He began arguing about the warranty. When I told him that the warranty only lasted a year and what he did would void that warranty. he became furious and told me that I was an ***** if I couldn't fix it. That when it got bad.

I told him that he needed to stop cursing because I didn't beleive I'd be able to help him at all if he didn't calm down and listen to me.

His response kind of made me rage. "Beleive? What does it matter what you beleive? Your god doesn't exist."

Even though he was being as big of a **** as he was, that was out of nowhere. I got angry, and useing professional words and such, I got rather loud and it was obvious. My co workers but thier customers on hold to try to come over and calm me down and my sup came out and hit the hold button.

He ended up hanging up... but wow
    08-03-09 04:13 PM
    Lol sometimes you just get people that are WACKO!!!

08-03-09 08:53 PM
1,313 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD