01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Now it has physical damage. Good job man! That is why I wish I worked in a retail location, I mean hearing people go nuts over the phone is fun but to see it in person would be amazing.
    haha its funny the first couple times, but gets old really fast
    07-27-09 07:48 PM
    i love this thread!

i know something strange/funny is about to happen when the first thing i hear is...."my phone is broken, i never got it wet."

thanks for these posts guys!
    07-28-09 01:39 AM
    Read this story on FML.com
    Family is at a funeral for their friends grandpa.
    Older brother, younger brother, and a mom and dad.
    Half way through the dad gets a call on his phone and leaves to take it,
    one brother turns to the other and says "I can't believe he took that call!"
    The other brother says "I can't believe he has service, this is a total dead zone"
    The other brother bursts out laughing. At a funeral.
    07-28-09 10:33 AM
    A lady with a pay & talk account called in, whose account zeroed out, bought a $10 pay & talk card, and then purchased a $10 messaging feature (leaving her with a $0 balance), and was yelling at me saying it's ridiculous that she can't text on her phone when her account has no money on it.
    Also funny was when a guy came in with a phone complaining about his phone not working, and when I asked to look at the phone the screen had condensation on the inside so I told him his phone probably had water damage. In response to this, he practically shouted at me saying 'of course it's water damage, because if it's water damage the warranty doesn't cover it! this is ridiculous, my phone's never been near water ever!', so I popped off the back to check the litmus paper, just to make him happy, and the inside of the phone was literally dripping with water, so I showed it to him, only to have him snatch the phone from me, storm out of the store, and fling it halfway across the parking lot swearing left, right and centre.
    Interesting thing is that I have friends who have Alltel pay as you go phones who can text when they have no talk minutes. BTW, how does an account have $0 when she just paid $20?
    Also, I had an LG phone that I put ion the chest pocket of my rainsuit on a motorcycle. Water got in the pocket and soaked the phone. Needless to say, it wouldn't work so I took it to a VZW store. The rep opened the back and said the battery was toast and I bought another that revived my phone.
    After the old battery had been out for a while (days) I, on a whim, put it back in and low and behold the phone worked. It still works in the phone that I gave my mother five years later.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 07-28-09 at 12:53 PM.
    07-28-09 12:48 PM
    I had a customer come in because he was dissatisfied with his phone and he wanted a new phone because he said his phone wasnt working. So I look at his account and he is past the 1 year warrenty period. He proceeds to tell me that he spoke to a rep before his 1 year warrenty and the rep told him to do some things to fix it and it worked for a couple months but not its back to the same problems. Now he's upset and tells me..(this is the good part)..."The person I bought this from told me that within the first year if I didn't like my phone, I could come back and pick out a new one as long as the cost wasn't more than the cost of the first phone I bought." I proceed to tell him sorry but that's not the policy and that's no cell phone companies policy. Then he says, "And I left AT&T for this? Are all you cell phone companies just sh*t for customer service? I can't believe I left AT&T for this." Then I said sorry sir, there's nothing I can do for you. Then he walks away swearing while holding his kids hand.
    07-28-09 12:58 PM
    Its stories like that, that make me love every human more and more.
    07-28-09 01:03 PM
    i love this thread!

i know something strange/funny is about to happen when the first thing i hear is...."my phone is broken, i never got it wet."

thanks for these posts guys!
    Nice picture
    07-28-09 01:04 PM
    ever had anyone try to get you to activate a dummy phone?

..that they stole from YOUR STORE??

*hand raised*
    OH YES!!! I used to do events at various locations for a national wireless carrier and people would just snatch the little dummy phones off the table and bring them back to me 5 minutes later and ask how they can get it to work! I'd respond "Well, considering that this phone is the same display phone that seems to be missing from my display, I don't think that we are able to activate this stolen dummy phone for you today. Now, please return the dummy phone back to its display stand."
    07-28-09 01:23 PM
    This literally just happened as I was reading this forum at work... (Verizon Employee)
    Customer: Hi I have T-mobile but a friend of my wife's said that if she dials
    *228 it makes her phone work better. I tried it on my wife's phone and it wouldn't work.

Me: Does your wife have Verizon?

Customer: No, but my wife's friend does.

Me: Well sir *228 only works for Verizon phones.

Customer: So there's nothing you can do to help me! (getting upset)

Me: Well I can set you up with a Verizon account so you will get better service.

Customer (angrily): No, I like T-mobile better they help their customers.

What the @%#$!!!!
    07-28-09 02:21 PM
    This literally just happened as I was reading this forum at work... (Verizon Employee)
    Customer: Hi I have T-mobile but a friend of my wife's said that if she dials
    *228 it makes her phone work better. I tried it on my wife's phone and it wouldn't work.

Me: Does your wife have Verizon?

Customer: No, but my wife's friend does.

Me: Well sir *228 only works for Verizon phones.

Customer: So there's nothing you can do to help me! (getting upset)

Me: Well I can set you up with a Verizon account so you will get better service.

Customer (angrily): No, I like T-mobile better they help their customers.

What the @%#$!!!!
    Same situation but with AT&T! Lady wanted me to troubleshoot her other BB while we were installing BBDM, I was like ma'am drop that pile the only reason to be with AT&T is for the iphone. COME TO THE RED FAMILY
    07-28-09 02:29 PM
    I've spoken w/ a customer who was with sprint. He kept saying the # was valid but it wasn't pulling up anything.. his phone wasnt working right and sprint refused to help him I guess. I actually convinced him to port the number to Verizon. Instead of giving him sprints #, I transfered him to telesales. It was an amazing call.
    07-28-09 02:56 PM
    Reminds me of the many customers who would come in, complaining about an issue with their wife's, daughter's, husband's phone, etc., and wouldn't have the handset with them!

It always went the same way:

Cust: I'm having (whatever issue they had) with my (insert relative here)'s phone! I pay $xxx.xx per month and I want this fixed NOW!

Me: Ok, let's see the handset.

Cust: The whaaaat? (like they have no clue what a handset is)

Me: The phone. The one you are having the issue with.

Cust: (Always the incredulous look like it was the height of absurdity that I would need the handset to diagnose the problem) Well my (insert relative here) has it! They can't be without it! I can't bring it.... here (always "here" like we were standing in a garbage dump).

Me: Riiiight. So I thought that the handset didn't work?

Cust: Weeelll, it works a little. (Early on, I would do a face/palm smack, later, I just came to expect this)

Me: Ok. Bring me the phone, we'll take a little peeky peek and see what's going on.

Cust: So you're telling me I just drove (always a bazillion miles) out of my way and lost $xxxx.xx (always the GDP of France) for you to tell me that you can't help me without the phone being here?

Me: (oh so satisfied, but still professional) Yep.

I don't understand customers and this phenomenon. Would you go to a mechanic to have your car looked at in your wife's car? Would you go have a haircut and then explain, oh, it's my son's hair I want cut, not mine, but he is at Little Leaugue, I figured you could just cut it from here?
    That's an F-ing fantastic post. Thank you
    07-28-09 03:31 PM
    Here's a question! WTF is MEEFI? I just got a lady calling her mifi meefi? I said ok are you using this like a weefi router(just to be an @ss) and she was what the he11 is WEEFI? Funny lady knew how to say wifi but not mifi
    07-28-09 03:54 PM
    I worked for CompuServe several years ago. In the early morning hours you would get calls from customers in your area since the other call centers were not open yet.

I had a guy call me about his bill, he had been charged some stupid amount of money for being in a forum or something that cost like $24.99 an hour to use (research forum). The system never disconnected. People had bills over $1000.00.

I explained to the customer that CS realizes they had an issue, but could only credit back two months worth of monthly fees. He was pissed. And rightfullly so. Nothing I could do for him since CS could not tell how long people were in the premium area. But the only way he would get charged is if he actually went in their in the first place.

Long story short, he started screaming and cussing and told me that I was just hiding behind the phone and that if we ever met he would kick my a$$. I looked at his contact record, he lived four houses away from me.

I told him that I was sorry that he felt that way, but if he felt that strong about it that I was the guy who walked a rottweiler by his house almost every night and to feel free to stop me and say hello.

*Click*
    07-28-09 04:09 PM
    I worked for CompuServe several years ago. In the early morning hours you would get calls from customers in your area since the other call centers were not open yet.

I had a guy call me about his bill, he had been charged some stupid amount of money for being in a forum or something that cost like $24.99 an hour to use (research forum). The system never disconnected. People had bills over $1000.00.

I explained to the customer that CS realizes they had an issue, but could only credit back two months worth of monthly fees. He was pissed. And rightfullly so. Nothing I could do for him since CS could not tell how long people were in the premium area. But the only way he would get charged is if he actually went in their in the first place.

Long story short, he started screaming and cussing and told me that I was just hiding behind the phone and that if we ever met he would kick my a$$. I looked at his contact record, he lived four houses away from me.

I told him that I was sorry that he felt that way, but if he felt that strong about it that I was the guy who walked a rottweiler by his house almost every night and to feel free to stop me and say hello.

*Click*
    TOP 10 Of all stories on here
    07-28-09 04:14 PM
    I made the Thread for you buddy! Maybe you should give it a look!
    Do you want us to search for your entertaining new thread? Maybe you could post a link to it? Just a far out idea I had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thi...ay-wtf-276765/

There you go!
    07-28-09 10:07 PM
    Do you want us to search for your entertaining new thread? Maybe you could post a link to it? Just a far out idea I had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thi...ay-wtf-276765/

There you go![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link. This forum is far more entertaining as it funny things reps see everyday. While the other forum is far from funny and has once again lead to nothing more than centralized forum for VZW complaints, mostly from about 4-5 people. I have followed both and the referenced forum does nothing more than point the lack of knowledge of some reps and other complaints. It is more like bate situation that when you call, you ask question you know the answer to, only to get some not so accurate info and then post it here.

This forum is not inteneded to insult or belittle customers with their skill level of a device, but some of the crazy things reps see.

Keep in mind you have a BB device, you read here and become very knowledgable about your device. Where as a rep needs to know not only only a BB but every other device, price plans, applications, offers, procedures, etc. A rep can be knowlegable in most areas but cannot know everything about everything. If you call and get a tier 1 CS rep and ask them a question about a BB device, chances are you may get some not so accurate info, as they are billing experts not techs.

I will give to you that it is better to say I do know than to give bad info. Also reps have a vast amount of resources available to them, it would take a an extra minute or two to look up the right info.

All the above is just a IMHO observation.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-28-09 at 10:39 PM.
    07-28-09 10:33 PM
    Thank you for the link. This is far entertaining as it funny things reps see everyday. While the other forum is far from funny and has once lead to nothing more than centralized forum for VZW complaints. mostly from about 4-5 people. I have followed both and the referenced forum does nothing more than point the lack of knowledge of some reps and other complaints. It is more like bate situation that when you call, you ask question you know the answer to, only to get some not so accurate info and then post it here.

This forum is not inteneded to insult or belittle customers with their skill level of a device, but some of the crazy things resp see.

Keep in mind you have a BB device, you read here and become very knowledgable about your device. Where as a rep needs to know not only only a BB but every other device, price plan, application, offer, procedures, etc. A rep can be knowlegable in most areas but cannot know everything about everything. If you call and get a tier 1 CS rep and ask them a question about a BB device, chances are you may get some not so accurate info, as they are billing experts not techs.

I will give to you that it is better to I do know than to give bad info. Also reps have a vast amount of resources available to them, it would take a an extra minute or two to look up the right info.

All the above is just a IMHO observation.
    Pretty much what I said in the other thread.... you should post this there too
    07-28-09 10:36 PM
    "Okay can you go ahead and take the battery out of the phone you're having problems with."
    "Sure."
    *Click*
    HAHAHA I laughed SO HARD when I read this!!! HAHAHA
    07-28-09 10:44 PM
    Alright, New one for you all. Showing a customer an LG 8360 (basic flip phone. My jaw dropped when she asked me this... "ok, and how does the screen look when there is water in it?" I laughed had and was like "is that a serious question? no, no it doesnt. it doesnt look like anything, it doesnt work at all" wow.
    07-28-09 10:49 PM
    OH YES!!! I used to do events at various locations for a national wireless carrier and people would just snatch the little dummy phones off the table and bring them back to me 5 minutes later and ask how they can get it to work! I'd respond "Well, considering that this phone is the same display phone that seems to be missing from my display, I don't think that we are able to activate this stolen dummy phone for you today. Now, please return the dummy phone back to its display stand."
    haha nice
    07-29-09 12:23 AM
    I had a customer walk up to me mad and demanding a new Storm because he believed he was sold a used one. He was upset because his screen was fuzzy or scratched and it was only 2 days old. To make things worse the display model that everybody touches was 10 times more clear than his "new" one. Turns out there was a piece of packing film still on his new Storm that he forgot to remove. I removed it, handed it back to him, and he walked out silently head down.
    el... oh... el
    07-29-09 12:40 AM
    Alright, New one for you all. Showing a customer an LG 8360 (basic flip phone. My jaw dropped when she asked me this... "ok, and how does the screen look when there is water in it?" I laughed had and was like "is that a serious question? no, no it doesnt. it doesnt look like anything, it doesnt work at all" wow.
    My guess is she already owns that phone, and dropped it in water. She was gonna trick you into saying "it looks the same" so she could exchange her phone and say there was no way you could tell there was water damage.
    07-29-09 03:38 AM
    Interesting thing is that I have friends who have Alltel pay as you go phones who can text when they have no talk minutes. BTW, how does an account have $0 when she just paid $20?
    $0 balance + $10 payment - $10 feature added to account so it comes off whatever balance she has = $0. When he said she added a $10 text package, she didn't make another $10 payment... she added a feature to her account that would cost her $10 each month to have.

Was your phone a motorola? Motorolas are the best zombie phones. Even if they get put through a washing machine, just give them time and a dry place and they always seem to come back... Speaking of which...

I had a customer come in with a wet phone and his insurance replacement and he asked me if there was any way we could get the contacts out of his old one. I told him that if we could get it to turn all the way on and charge for at least a couple minutes, we may be able to save his contacts. Well, it was so soaked that it wouldn't turn on, so I told him to take the phone home, put it in a bag of rice with the battery and back door taken off, and leave it there for a couple days to see if it would turn back on after the rice absorbed the water. And here was the gem: "What kind of rice? Brown or white?" _;
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 07-29-09 at 05:06 PM.
    07-29-09 05:03 PM
    $0 balance + $10 payment - $10 feature added to account so it comes off whatever balance she has = $0. When he said she added a $10 text package, she didn't make another $10 payment... she added a feature to her account that would cost her $10 each month to have.

Was your phone a motorola? Motorolas are the best zombie phones. Even if they get put through a washing machine, just give them time and a dry place and they always seem to come back... Speaking of which...

I had a customer come in with a wet phone and his insurance replacement and he asked me if there was any way we could get the contacts out of his old one. I told him that if we could get it to turn all the way on and charge for at least a couple minutes, we may be able to save his contacts. Well, it was so soaked that it wouldn't turn on, so I told him to take the phone home, put it in a bag of rice with the battery and back door taken off, and leave it there for a couple days to see if it would turn back on after the rice absorbed the water. And here was the gem: "What kind of rice? Brown or white?" _;
    The person who posted about the irate lady stated that she "bought a $10 pay & talk card, and then purchased a $10 messaging feature." To be buying and purchasing are the same process and she should have either had +$20 or -$20 balance.
    My wet phone was an LG.
    07-29-09 08:18 PM
1,313 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD