01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Maybe as a girl you feel that way.. I'm sure some of the male reps here feel differently.. unless it's a male picture of something no one wants to see.
    I've had a cust call in before that had pics of his gf on there(obviously the x rated type) and i was trying to get him to go into a store and he said he wouldn't because he already did and some "local verizon perv" looked at them. He was pretty mad and he said the rep said he wouldn't look but he knew he did. I don't know(as a male) what pics would weird me out except for some serious manlove/junk lol. I can tell you I have had to transfer ppl's pics when I worked in a store and it was usually an enjoyable event.

EDIT: I've had ppl with verizon pixplace accounts with pics like that on there and I have to say I blushed a little lol
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-24-09 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I be forgettin its friday
    07-24-09 02:48 PM
    Keep em off device memory, and on an SD card and customers wouldnt have that problem.
    07-24-09 02:54 PM
    Keep em off device memory, and on an SD card and customers wouldnt have that problem.
    Yeah thats what I figured poor ppl with 8830...
    07-24-09 02:58 PM
    Funny thread...i love it..I work customer service as well not cellular but does it really matter?

Phone rings... I answer" Water Maintenace, this is **** how may I help you?"

Customer: Is this maintenance? or what is your name?

next scenario:
    CSR: sir or maam, "what is the problem that you are having today?"
    Customer: " I don't have a problem" then preceeds to tell me the problem.

or and I really abhor the ya'll need to...OR I pay my bill every month (check history disconnected for non-pay every month or overdue bill) yall need to do your job!

are you serious...lol
    07-24-09 03:11 PM
    I own a computer shop, so I kinda relate. Here's mine:

I bought a computer today and the keyboard and mouse don't work.

Did you plug them in?

They are wireless, and the box said all I need is 2 "aa" batteries. They didn't come with it, so I had to buy some.

Did you put batteries in?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:29 PM
    I'm loving this thread!

Not quite a phone related story, but funny nonetheless!

I run a cell tower company, and so the only people we get money from are the carriers, who pay their rent by check or EFT each month. We have no facilities for accepting credit card payments, we never have, and never will. I have tried explaining this to various people who have called our company or emailed me over the past 6-8 months insisting we have charged their credit cards, and demanding we stop. The calls normally run as follows:

Irate caller: Are you ab-xyz (our shortened company name)
    Us: Yes, that's correct, how can I help
    Irate caller: Well, you've been billing my credit card every month for a while now, and I don't know what for, but I want you to stop.
    Us: I can assure you sir, we have not been charging your credit card.
    Irate caller: You have, it says here on my statement ab-xyz
    Us: We are a cell tower company, we only receive money from large carriers, via check or EFT. We have no facilities to bill individuals' credit cards.
    Irate caller: Well I have my statement right here, it has your company name ab-xyz
    Us: That isn't our full company name, although it is our web site address. Have you tried searching on google or calling your credit card company to find out where these charges are coming from?
    Irate caller: I looked on the internet, and you came up.
    Us: Is there any more detail on the credit card bill that might help? Some reference number, or phone number maybe?
    Irate caller becoming more irate: Just some random numbers, look I know its you, so will you please stop.
    Us: Again sir, I guarantee it is not our company. I would recommend you call your credit card company to find out, and they will also be able to put a stop on these charges.
    Irate caller: *click*

Yesterday I received an email from a gentleman in Europe, basically requesting the same, that we stop billing his credit card each month, as he didn't know what it was for. However, this gentleman typed out everything that appeared on his statement next to the $19.95 charge. I took the first line of what he said, which included the shortened version of our company name, ab-xyz plus a series of numbers, and pasted it straight into a google search.

I then laughed. A lot. About 5 results came up, all of which pointed to very similar 'Contact Us' pages at very similar websites.
    "If your credit card statement has ab-xyz 123456789 then call this number for customer services"

The websites were all along the lines of 'Extreme hardcore bondage/fetish/kink pay per view'

I rattled off a very polite email with a link to the google results page, and funnily enough, haven't heard back yet.

I can't wait for the next call we get about this!
    07-24-09 06:20 PM
    There should be a thread called "Things that VZW reps say that make us wonder how they still have a job"
    Last edited by JoeyMoose; 07-24-09 at 06:42 PM.
    07-24-09 06:29 PM
    To many things to quote, but i will start a thread and you are more than welcome to read it.
    07-24-09 09:41 PM
    I love it. Of all the stories, this one kills me. Holy mother.
    07-24-09 10:58 PM
    And they get mad because you didn't add the plan & then next month their bill is sky high because they surf the internet.
    AND tell the rep, "oh well I told her to add the plan. I don't know why they didn't. I thought I had unlimited data"
    That happened to me the first time that I had the Iphone, I knew I had data plan I called to confirm(being afraid of having to post my $1000.00 on youtube)the rep told me that I had data plan but when the bill arrived it was like $900.00 after about 13 calls to Att they finally agreed that I should not have been billed like that...but yeah I know people who surf the net on their phones and get mad when they get their bill
    07-25-09 06:52 PM
    Lmao

07-26-09 03:47 AM
    i love it when i hear "do this for me or im going to sprint/att/tmobile,etc"

act like a a-hole m not helping you.
    you attract more flies with sugar than vinegar.

as a rep I am much more apt to help people who are respectful and not blowing up. when will people realize this?
    07-26-09 10:33 AM
    They will come back because they'll disconnect from sprattmo when the carrier doesnt do as they wish.
    07-26-09 01:28 PM
    Like what? "That'll be 108.11"?
    QUOTE=JoeyMoose;3155782]There should be a thread called "Things that VZW reps say that make us wonder how they still have a job"
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

I made the Thread for you buddy! Maybe you should give it a look!
    07-26-09 02:45 PM
    Bet it won't be as funny as this thread. I also wonder if people will get all ****-hurt over there if a comment hits a little close to home, like some folks do here...
    07-26-09 02:49 PM
    That thread will be nowhere near as funny as this one, IMO
    07-26-09 03:42 PM
    I made the Thread for you buddy! Maybe you should give it a look![/QUOTE]

Do you want us to search for your entertaining new thread? Maybe you could post a link to it? Just a far out idea I had.

07-26-09 04:37 PM

as a rep I am much more apt to help people who are respectful and not blowing up. when will people realize this?
    i so agree, its just unbelieveable the way people talk to you when they actually want ya to sort summat!

anyways i had a customer yesterday who wanted `one of them blueberry touch click screen thingys` gotta say, storm is a lot shorter to say!

and we have a promo going for customers travelling abroad, full tv ads, website ads, in store stuff, the usual full works, cust comes in complaining that he`s had a massive bill because he didnt have the free roaming pack on his line and he`s gonna write to complain about the adverts!! nothing quite like people that dont read stuff all the way thru where it says `call xxxx to activate this promo from your handset`
    07-26-09 05:48 PM
    I had one today and it involved me. I was formatting an SD Card getting it ready for a return, I switched back to my old SD card and there was nothing on there. I freaked, I thought maybe I formatted the wrong card. Starting googling how to recover formatted SD cards.. Went back to my phone checked the card, pushed on it and click.. wasn't in all the way :x.
    07-26-09 11:41 PM
    I had one today and it involved me. I was formatting an SD Card getting it ready for a return, I switched back to my old SD card and there was nothing on there. I freaked, I thought maybe I formatted the wrong card. Starting googling how to recover formatted SD cards.. Went back to my phone checked the card, pushed on it and click.. wasn't in all the way :x.
    It's those moments that remind us all that we are human lol
    07-27-09 07:52 AM
    This is my grilfriend's story so some if I don't sound like a rep this is why.

A lady calls in and indicates that she has a problem of some sort, so my GF asks for her mobile number. The lady pauses for a few seconds and then asks "why the **** would you need that number? I ain't having problems with the phone in my trailer". My GF said she was about to ask for her cell number next but was afraid of what that answer would be.
    07-27-09 09:01 AM
    I had a customer call me up and ask for movie times at her select theater just now. I told her we don't know movie times, she asked how to get them, I told her to download VZ Nav.
    07-27-09 02:45 PM
    "Sir it seems your phone has been exposed to some form of moisture."

"MOISTURE, LIKE WHAT...RAIN?"

"well sir, yes rain would be a form of moisture."

I wonder what will this person say???
    07-27-09 03:02 PM
    A lady with a pay & talk account called in, whose account zeroed out, bought a $10 pay & talk card, and then purchased a $10 messaging feature (leaving her with a $0 balance), and was yelling at me saying it's ridiculous that she can't text on her phone when her account has no money on it.
    Also funny was when a guy came in with a phone complaining about his phone not working, and when I asked to look at the phone the screen had condensation on the inside so I told him his phone probably had water damage. In response to this, he practically shouted at me saying 'of course it's water damage, because if it's water damage the warranty doesn't cover it! this is ridiculous, my phone's never been near water ever!', so I popped off the back to check the litmus paper, just to make him happy, and the inside of the phone was literally dripping with water, so I showed it to him, only to have him snatch the phone from me, storm out of the store, and fling it halfway across the parking lot swearing left, right and centre.
    07-27-09 06:00 PM
    Now it has physical damage. Good job man! That is why I wish I worked in a retail location, I mean hearing people go nuts over the phone is fun but to see it in person would be amazing.
    07-27-09 06:45 PM
1,313 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD