01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Okay, so today I was helping a customer who supposedly was unable to send picture messages. He could receive just fine, and every time he sent the message out, it had a "message sent" with not a single error message.

Turns out he wasn't actually attaching a picture to said messages. :P The good news is he took that well. ^^;
    07-15-09 03:13 AM
    I am that customer. We are in the process of moving from TMO to VZW and the wife just pickes up a env touch. They ported the munber over but she couldn't get text messages from other carriers.
    I know better than to call from the afflicted phone so I used my TMO 8900 to call VZW support. He did a couple of thing then asked me to try and send a text message, and out of habit guess which button I pressed to get to the home screen?
    About 2 minuted later the very nice man called back and escalated me to someone that told me it sometimes takes a while for all of the porting to go through, which once he said it, I remembered reading somewhere. Anyway thanks for putting up with dolts like myself.
    Sorry for the wall-o-text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:30 AM
    Not cell related, and I didn't go through all 480 posts to see if someone else experienced this, but my favorite as a telecom manager:

Customer: I just switched cubicles and took my phone with me. When someone dials my number they say my phone rings, but I can't hear it at my cubicle.

Me: If you were expecting an important phone call at home, but had to go to work, would you unplug your home phone, bring it into work, plug it in and expect to receive the call on it?

Customer: That would be stupid.

Me: Thank you. You just explained your problem. To solve it how about sending me the jack number you moved from and the one you moved to.
    OMG! I would have loved hearing that conversation. Those types of conversations need to be recorded for the world to hear how stupid some people are!

i know there have been a few posts along this line, but it happened to me just the other day... Customer comes in and puts their phone in my hand before i can even say hello...

Cust: my phones not workin'
    Me: Alright, lets take a look here. Do you have any idea what might have caused the problem?
    Cust: NOPE. Ive only had this phone a week, you NEED (always p#@$es me off!) to fix my phone!
    Me: Well, there seems to be some pretty obvious water damage to your phone...
    Cust: Well I dropped it in the toilet about an hour ago....
    Me: (handing the phone back to the gentleman) yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhh, you don't think you should have told me that BEFORE you put the phone in my hands???

UGH, people these days, common sense= FAIL
    I never touch a phone until I fully understand what happened. I learned that from a co-worker the first day on the job when she snatched up a phone then the lady said "I just dropped it in the toilet."
    07-15-09 09:34 AM
    I am that customer.
    thats funny
    07-15-09 03:35 PM
    I never touch a phone until I fully understand what happened. I learned that from a co-worker the first day on the job when she snatched up a phone then the lady said "I just dropped it in the toilet."
    Yeah, thats my policy too, but this guy wasn't having it, that phone was in my hands before i knew what the heck was going on! Thats why I have an industrial size bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk
    07-15-09 03:56 PM
    customer today...
    Customer: yes hi i bought a pack of the um... whatcha call them.... (and starts pointing to the headset jack)
    me: Headphones?
    Cust: no, pen things....
    Me: Styluses?
    cust: yeah thats it. I couldnt find the ones that were specific for my LG dare, So i got universal ones... but it doesnt fit in the hole. Do you know which ones will work?
    ***confused...***
    Me: um.... the dare doesnt have a spot to put a stylus....
    Cust: Then whats this hole for? *points to headphone jack*
    Me: um.... headphones?
    Cust: oh... i was trying to put a stylus in there, it wasnt fitting though... where can i get one that will fit in there?
    Me: Ma'am, thats a head phone jack. Only headphones should be put into it. I do not recommend you putting anything else into that hole.

Was shaking my head as the customer walked away
    07-15-09 04:53 PM
    Oh come on. You should have sold her the new headphone jack styluses!

They come in multi-colors with a counter to door warranty!

07-15-09 05:15 PM
    Oh come on. You should have sold her the new headphone jack styluses!

They come in multi-colors with a counter to door warranty!

Lol... They could have a lifetime warranty if you just permanently camp out under the sales counter.

07-15-09 05:21 PM
    I am that customer. We are in the process of moving from TMO to VZW and the wife just pickes up a env touch. They ported the munber over but she couldn't get text messages from other carriers.
    I know better than to call from the afflicted phone so I used my TMO 8900 to call VZW support. He did a couple of thing then asked me to try and send a text message, and out of habit guess which button I pressed to get to the home screen?
    About 2 minuted later the very nice man called back and escalated me to someone that told me it sometimes takes a while for all of the porting to go through, which once he said it, I remembered reading somewhere. Anyway thanks for putting up with dolts like myself.
    Sorry for the wall-o-text.

That wasn't you Your situation isn't something a customer says that makes us laugh. Porting a number in is definitely confusing. Nothing to be embarassed about
    07-15-09 05:25 PM
    OK, I've been reading this post at work, becuase A. I work in a call center for BB's, and B. I like to have a good laugh. I've come to the conclusion that we all get to deal with customers like this, no matter what cell phone company you work for.

Pet Peeve Number #1 - It is a SIM card, NOT a sims card, slim card, chip or whatever else you want to call it. SIM - Subscriber Identity Module, only three letters.

Pet Peeve Number #2 - If you call in becuase you cannot make or recieve phone calls, I HAVE to ask if you are calling from that device. If I don't and I end up disconnecting the call refreshing you on the network, its on ME. So I understand it doesn't make sense, but we have to do it.

Funny Story #1

While I was still in training, during that time where you learn everything, and then go to the "floor" for live calls with support, before heading to your "team" We were taking general customer care calls, alot of "why is my bill so high, I lost my phone, blah blah blah" I was speaking to a woman who called in and was ADAMENT we could find her phone becuase she had misplaced it somewhere in her house. She said they had 3 grown adults looking for this phone and if she could find it, she wouldnt be calling me. I remember hitting mute and being like, yeah go to the fridge, open your vegetable drawer, or 2nd couch cushion towards the back. Like really? So looking up her account history I see that phone calls had been made using that phone within the past half hour and had been being used for the past two days, so I place her on hold to ask my floor support if I can tell her this, and they told me yes. So I get back on the phone after this woman has been yelling at me for 10 minutes about getting on my computer, accessing the tower by her house and finding her phone in her house, I tell her, without thanking her for holding or anything, "Ma'am, someone is using that phone right now, I believe its been stolen." She proceeds to say, Oh ****, and hang up on me. That one always gets laughs.

Funny Story #2

I've been working in the BlackBerry dept for about 7 months now, and I know the phones pretty well by now. About a month ago I had a customer call in with a blackberry that wasnt accessing the internet. Since I know the phones pretty well anytime we get someone new to BB's I try to educate them on service books, battery pulls, and routine upkeep on the phones. While explaining to the customer on why they had to call in, I advised them they are using a special type of PDA, that requires SERVICE BOOKS, after a 30-45 second pause, the customer then asks, "So what, are you going to mail them to me or not?" I had to hold back my outburst of laughter while I tried to explain that they are over the air updates and not "actual books" I really wanted to say SUUUURE, just go ahead and mail $50.00 dollars to this address and I'll mail you some "service books" aka - phone books for all I care. That one is honestly my funniest one.

We've had people put phones in hold water becuase they were possesesed, and then want to know why it was physical damage, an elderly man put his phone in the over to "dry it out" and numerous other instances.

BUT PLEASE.. not that any of you dont do this already, but dont act offended when I ask how often you turn your phone off, and then get mad that its needs to be done, computers need to be restarted, you need sleep, your phone needs a breather too!!!
    07-15-09 11:36 PM

I love how once they tell you it fell in the toilet and you decline to touch the phone they always go it was a clean toilet..
    07-16-09 12:05 AM
    I love how once they tell you it fell in the toilet and you decline to touch the phone they always go it was a clean toilet..
    I'd walk them to the employee bathroom and tell them to stick their hand in the water lol...Then again I don't work in customer service
    07-16-09 03:27 AM
    Customer: "Hey I have 2 lines on my account and one used to be my daughter's.. she since then started her own account with two lines.. won't you let me out of my contract on her old line?"

Me: "Well your contract is still tied to this MDN.. When your daughter activated she should have requested that line be put in her name via AOL. The ETF will be $200"

Customer: "She's paying you guys so much money and I'm paying too.. isn't that enough?!"

Funny how customers feel that since they are paying a certain amount they can just cancel at anytime..
    So true thats when you say
    "We know you pay that much money and we would like to keep you paying that much money"
    07-16-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah, i love the people that say "I pay a lot of money, you should let me out of my contract without a termination fee!" um... yeah, so we will waive a charge so you can stop paying us money, how is that a good business decision?
    07-16-09 10:44 AM
    Yeah! They pay like... an average bill is anywhere from like 100 to 240,000$(ford motors lol). So give me 200 bucks now or keep paying me 200 bucks a month for the next year? Thank God for math.
    07-16-09 10:52 AM
    Just got a funny story. Cust calls in and and wanted to upgrade to her software on her 8130. Ok no problem. Start to run through the backup and she stops me and says oh no I already upgraded... I just need my stuff back. What stuff do you need back? All the stuff from my blackberry is gone I just need it back. Uh... did you backup before the upgrade? No whats a backup? Oh fun day tell her what a backup is and that there is no way to get back what she lost and she goes off like I had never heard before. Through the anger she starts to cry and continues to ask for her stuff back? I'm like... do i feel bad not really I'm not apologizing for her being dumb... so her friend yells about backup assistant should have her contacts and some of her stuff back.... yeah that doesnt work with a BB... More tears more f bombs meanwhile I'm trying to feel bad for some dumb girl losing her contacts cuz she got this number for some guy she has been crushing on and on and on... eventually i say is there anything else i can do for you? She says yeah i need my stuff back
    WTF
    07-16-09 03:56 PM
    "Dry" humor can be hard to pull off as well when you are discussing water damage
    I was determined to read the whole thread before making a comment, but I can never resist the oppurtunity to facepalm from a pun.

*facepalm*
    07-16-09 09:42 PM
    Just got a funny story. Cust calls in and and wanted to upgrade to her software on her 8130. Ok no problem. Start to run through the backup and she stops me and says oh no I already upgraded... I just need my stuff back. What stuff do you need back? All the stuff from my blackberry is gone I just need it back. Uh... did you backup before the upgrade? No whats a backup? Oh fun day tell her what a backup is and that there is no way to get back what she lost and she goes off like I had never heard before. Through the anger she starts to cry and continues to ask for her stuff back? I'm like... do i feel bad not really I'm not apologizing for her being dumb... so her friend yells about backup assistant should have her contacts and some of her stuff back.... yeah that doesnt work with a BB... More tears more f bombs meanwhile I'm trying to feel bad for some dumb girl losing her contacts cuz she got this number for some guy she has been crushing on and on and on... eventually i say is there anything else i can do for you? She says yeah i need my stuff back
    WTF
    Try having a guy that activated his new phone wanting his contacts from his old phone without having to go to a store... So I spent the next 45 minutes, deactivating his new phone, reactivating his new phone, having issues with it getting programmed, finally getting it working, then downloading backup assistant, walking through running it and backing up the contacts, deactivating the old phone, reactivating the new phone, downloading backup assistant to the new phone, running backup assistant to download the contacts...... While they were downloading, he said "I just got a message, 7 of 7 contacts restored.."
    I said, "You only had 7 contacts?!?!"
    He said "Yep, I don't talk to many people..."
    I said, "You do realise it would have probably taken 5 minutes to put in 7 contacts, right?"
    He just laughed and hung up...

I think I got punked.
    07-16-09 11:41 PM
    Ok this is soo funny.... I gotta admit that I am one of the silly customers. My other half got a BlackBerry cause his old phone ( LG Chocolate) died and the charge port was bad. I said "oh yeah you can just use back up assistant to get your numbers hunny" sales guys looked at me sideways and corrected me by saying "back up assistant is not useable with Blackberrys" good thing he did though cause we sure didn't know... I love my VZW store people they are all so nice..
    07-17-09 01:08 AM
    I have a funny story from when my mom called Verizon to get out of a contract early. I know this is kinda backwards, but it's funny none the less. So pretty much we wanted one line out of the contract, and didn't want to pay the full ETF, but we were willing to if we had to. The conversation went something like:
    Mom: "Hi, I'm so sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if there was any way to get out of my contract early?" playing dumb obviously.
    CSR: "Yes Ma'am, you would just have to pay an ETF."
    Mom: "Oh no, I really can't afford any more fees. I am going through a terrible divorce. That is the reason I'm canceling the phone."
    CSR: "Oh my! I know how you must feel, I've been through it to. It'll be okay, I know men can be jerks...." And she proceeded for about 10 minutes explaining her whole divorce situation to my mom, where the CSR began to cry at the end of the story, explaining how he took everything, even her dog, and just kept going on for around 15 minutes.
    Mom: "Oh my gosh, that is so terrible, I can't believe what you must have gone through! Actually, I can, because I'm going through it now."
    CSR: "We just all have to stick together and be strong. And by the way, the line is canceled. No fee. I wish you and your family the best of luck."
    I look down at my phone and see "No Service" she wasn't lying! She did it for free, while she was venting on the phone for 20 minutes! I would feel terrible for making my mom make up some lie if she hadn't been divorced four years before the phone call
    07-17-09 01:27 AM
    lmao...i just love reading these stories they make my day!
    07-17-09 02:31 AM
    Try having a guy that activated his new phone wanting his contacts from his old phone without having to go to a store... So I spent the next 45 minutes, deactivating his new phone, reactivating his new phone, having issues with it getting programmed, finally getting it working, then downloading backup assistant, walking through running it and backing up the contacts, deactivating the old phone, reactivating the new phone, downloading backup assistant to the new phone, running backup assistant to download the contacts...... While they were downloading, he said "I just got a message, 7 of 7 contacts restored.."
    I said, "You only had 7 contacts?!?!"
    He said "Yep, I don't talk to many people..."
    I said, "You do realise it would have probably taken 5 minutes to put in 7 contacts, right?"
    He just laughed and hung up...

I think I got punked.

Excellent its people like that that just make me want to come to work everyday, out of hopes someone will just W0W the sh*t out of me lol
    07-17-09 08:48 AM
    playing dumb obviously.
    Sounds like something both mother and good at.
    07-17-09 08:54 AM
    I didn't have this one but another rep did that was beside me...

Cust comes in with phone problems saying phone doesn't get good signal. In the area I work there are a few bad signal areas. The rep asks where does the cust lives and her response... "With my mom."

I had to fight back laughter.
    07-17-09 05:03 PM
    I am sure this mayhave been covered but still funny.

Cst called last week and is new to BB curve. cst proceeds to tell me problem and asked why when she stuck a paper clip in the reset hole on the bottom, the device would not reset.

I said just come from a palm huh? I then proceeded to educate her not do this as it will damage the voice receiver.

Good thing the problem was not that other could not hear on calls.
    07-18-09 10:16 AM
1,313 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD