01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    So not cell phone related, but I worked at a pet store last year. This is one of the many incidents I had to deal with.

It was a really slow day, not too many customers. Anyway, this guy walks in, says hello, and I greet him back. 10 minutes later he comes to the register with a big bag of litter and says "I need to return this". I look at him as if he's joking. I go to my manager's office and tell him that the guy is trying to return something he didn't walk in with. The manager then proceeds to tell the guy that I did not see him walk in with the item. The guy gets upset, starts cursing, telling me I don't know what i'm talking about. Guess I must've been blind huh? Anyway, my manager ends up letting the guy do the return and giving him the money because he didn't want any trouble. Talk about a pushover.

Working any type of CS job can definitely make you question your faith in the human race LOL
    07-08-09 01:52 AM
    Agreed arekusu, agreed.
    07-08-09 02:43 AM
    So not cell phone related, but I worked at a pet store last year. This is one of the many incidents I had to deal with.

It was a really slow day, not too many customers. Anyway, this guy walks in, says hello, and I greet him back. 10 minutes later he comes to the register with a big bag of litter and says "I need to return this". I look at him as if he's joking. I go to my manager's office and tell him that the guy is trying to return something he didn't walk in with. The manager then proceeds to tell the guy that I did not see him walk in with the item. The guy gets upset, starts cursing, telling me I don't know what i'm talking about. Guess I must've been blind huh? Anyway, my manager ends up letting the guy do the return and giving him the money because he didn't want any trouble. Talk about a pushover.

Working any type of CS job can definitely make you question your faith in the human race LOL
    Seriously, with something as large as a bag of kitty litter, I would have said, "Look... I looked right at you when you came in and we even said hi to one another. You DID NOT have a MASSIVE bag of litter when you came in because I would have seen it, and if you insist that you did, I would be happy to call the cops to come and review the tapes with us." Note: Even if you don't have tapes, make them think you do.

Also, isn't kitty litter one of those non-refundable items??? I would think it's like asking for a refund on a pair of worn underwear or something. :/
    07-08-09 06:52 AM
    Not cell related, and I didn't go through all 480 posts to see if someone else experienced this, but my favorite as a telecom manager:

Customer: I just switched cubicles and took my phone with me. When someone dials my number they say my phone rings, but I can't hear it at my cubicle.

Me: If you were expecting an important phone call at home, but had to go to work, would you unplug your home phone, bring it into work, plug it in and expect to receive the call on it?

Customer: That would be stupid.

Me: Thank you. You just explained your problem. To solve it how about sending me the jack number you moved from and the one you moved to.
    07-08-09 07:07 AM
    Seriously, with something as large as a bag of kitty litter, I would have said, "Look... I looked right at you when you came in and we even said hi to one another. You DID NOT have a MASSIVE bag of litter when you came in because I would have seen it, and if you insist that you did, I would be happy to call the cops to come and review the tapes with us." Note: Even if you don't have tapes, make them think you do.

Also, isn't kitty litter one of those non-refundable items??? I would think it's like asking for a refund on a pair of worn underwear or something. :/
    Well at that time, our store's policy was that you could return anything you wanted, opened/unopened/damaged/receipt/no receipt, which of course made it seriously easy for people to steal from the store. And yes I insisted that he didn't have it........I guess my manager thought I was stupid or something. Glad I don't work there anymore though.
    07-08-09 09:40 AM
    Well at that time, our store's policy was that you could return anything you wanted, opened/unopened/damaged/receipt/no receipt, which of course made it seriously easy for people to steal from the store. And yes I insisted that he didn't have it........I guess my manager thought I was stupid or something. Glad I don't work there anymore though.
    I certainly hope "used" wasn't a return option. I can imagine some crazies returning used kitty litter because it "wasn't clumpy enough". *barf*
    07-08-09 10:05 AM
    I certainly hope "used" wasn't a return option. I can imagine some crazies returning used kitty litter because it "wasn't clumpy enough". *barf*
    Hahaha oh yeah it definitely was. I had people come in to return leashes they bought 2 years ago because their dog chewed them up, AND WE HAD TO GIVE THEM REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES.
    07-08-09 11:04 AM
    is that business still around? lol
    07-08-09 11:10 AM
    Haaaa..this forum is hilarious
    07-08-09 12:42 PM
    There are a few - that policy sounds a lot like Nordstrom.

Shop Nordstrom once & you'll never look at customer service the same way again. They make the service at any carrier and any utility look atrocious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 01:02 PM
    Speakign of used and off the topic of the orginal post I know, when I worked for a major retail chain and I worked the customer service desk.....try a guy plopping down a used pregnancy test........and I qoute "my wife says this didn't work".......I think I looked at that guy for about a minute or two before I refused that return.
    07-08-09 01:47 PM
    Sure is.......the business is PetSmart lol
    07-08-09 01:53 PM
    secretary of a school district:
    I need to activate my phone
    me:
    Whats the number?
    her:
    Me
    Okay, can you go ahead and power on the phone
    her:
    it wont turn on
    me
    are you pressing the red power button?
    Her...
    yes I am..
    me:
    is the battery in the phone?
    her:
    what does it take, a duracell?
    07-08-09 02:01 PM
    Speakign of used and off the topic of the orginal post I know, when I worked for a major retail chain and I worked the customer service desk.....try a guy plopping down a used pregnancy test........and I qoute "my wife says this didn't work".......I think I looked at that guy for about a minute or two before I refused that return.
    For this I weep for humanity. I'm gonna go get sick now. Be back later.
    07-08-09 02:08 PM
    For this I weep for humanity. I'm gonna go get sick now. Be back later.
    I agree, Khrystal - but the reality is that customers, and people in general, are growing dumber & dumber. Even the book smart types have lost a lot of reason, logic, common sense & respect.

Without those attributes, those with an encyclopedia of knowledge are still stupid. Most do not have the knowledge, but still think they are smarter than anyone else, regardless of experience, profession or specialty.

They do things people wouldn't have the gall to do just 30 years ago.

07-08-09 02:30 PM
    I agree, Khrystal - but the reality is that customers, and people in general, are growing dumber & dumber. Even the book smart types have lost a lot of reason, logic, common sense & respect.

Without those attributes, those with an encyclopedia of knowledge are still stupid. Most do not have the knowledge, but still think they are smarter than anyone else, regardless of experience, profession or specialty.

They do things people wouldn't have the gall to do just 30 years ago.

And you know what Twins, I like a good laugh, but I can't stand what the guys at Jackass are teaching people that it's funny to do. Like in the first movie where whatshisface "relieved" himself in one of the displayed toilets at the toilet store? No, that's not ok. No, that's not funny. Someone has to clean that up, and that someone probably makes barely more than minimum wage.

But back on track, I had something funny happen today that was SORT OF a customer thing... Our Blackberry rep came into the store and I was telling him how I recently ordered a pink trackball, and he apparently didn't know how to change one. So here I am in the store, standing next to a guy who's been working for Blackberry for years, hunched over my Curve showing him how to pull it out and clean it and pop it back it.
    07-08-09 02:48 PM
    put ur back into it
    07-08-09 02:50 PM
    There are a few - that policy sounds a lot like Nordstrom.

Shop Nordstrom once & you'll never look at customer service the same way again. They make the service at any carrier and any utility look atrocious.

Costco is great at taking almost anything back. IMO, its a good policy. I've taken a thing or two back that I probably shouldn't have (user error rather than defect), but I've also bought quite a few things thinking that if I don't like it I can return it and then don't ever return it...
    07-08-09 02:52 PM
    Sure is.......the business is PetSmart lol
    yet they gave me a hard time when i bought a tank for my bearded dragon and when i opened it up the side covered by cardboard was shattered. ugh. i dont get it
    07-08-09 04:39 PM
    And you know what Twins, I like a good laugh, but I can't stand what the guys at Jackass are teaching people that it's funny to do. Like in the first movie where whatshisface "relieved" himself in one of the displayed toilets at the toilet store? No, that's not ok. No, that's not funny. Someone has to clean that up, and that someone probably makes barely more than minimum wage.

But back on track, I had something funny happen today that was SORT OF a customer thing... Our Blackberry rep came into the store and I was telling him how I recently ordered a pink trackball, and he apparently didn't know how to change one. So here I am in the store, standing next to a guy who's been working for Blackberry for years, hunched over my Curve showing him how to pull it out and clean it and pop it back it.
    The "blackberry reps" are morons. Are you sure he was from RIM??? the ne i got was outsourced from marketstar and omg. I asked about the tour and said "you knpow, i have heard a person mention it, i should probably go online and look it up to see what it is.... by the way, have you heard we are getting an app store pretty soon?" (this was 3 days before app world came out). I responded "you mean app world? yeah its coming out in 3 days." He smiled, handed me his card and said if i have any questions to email him. HA! yeah right.

BTW: the thread has hit 500 posts and is still growing! yay!
    07-08-09 04:42 PM
    The "blackberry reps" are morons. Are you sure he was from RIM??? the ne i got was outsourced from marketstar and omg. I asked about the tour and said "you knpow, i have heard a person mention it, i should probably go online and look it up to see what it is.... by the way, have you heard we are getting an app store pretty soon?" (this was 3 days before app world came out). I responded "you mean app world? yeah its coming out in 3 days." He smiled, handed me his card and said if i have any questions to email him. HA! yeah right.

BTW: the thread has hit 500 posts and is still growing! yay!
    yeah this guy did work for Blackberry. Honestly, I think he didn't know because he never had to change one. I would assume that they get a new Blackberry every time one comes out. He has the Pearl Flip now, two months ago he had the Storm, and I'm sure next month he'll have the tour.
    07-08-09 08:57 PM
    "Okay can you go ahead and take the battery out of the phone you're having problems with."
    "Sure."
    *Click*
    Classic!.....WOWWWW
    07-08-09 09:18 PM
    I work for the land line side of Verizon, I called a customer and said hi I am with Verizon, I am just calling to let you know earlier today I disconnected you dial tone to get you ready for high speed internet, she said thank you but when will my dial tone be back on, I said ma am I am calling you on it..... It got real quite and she whispers thank you... Click

Things that make ya go....huhm Dumba@@!

07-09-09 02:04 PM
    I work for the land line side of Verizon, I called a customer and said hi I am with Verizon, I am just calling to let you know earlier today I disconnected you dial tone to get you ready for high speed internet, she said thank you but when will my dial tone be back on, I said ma am I am calling you on it..... It got real quite and she whispers thank you... Click

Things that make ya go....huhm Dumba@@!

My response would have been, "Hey Dumba@@, you could have called me beforehand so I'd have a heads up that my line would be unavailable."
    07-09-09 03:43 PM
    My response would have been, "Hey Dumba@@, you could have called me beforehand so I'd have a heads up that my line would be unavailable."
    quoted for truth.
    07-09-09 04:11 PM
1,313 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD