01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 1234 ...
tools
    Oh, I'm loving this... some I've heard myself... others OMG!
    My favorite call ever, was when I was working for a certain other carrier which will remain nameless...
    My customer called stating something was wrong with his phone because everytime he ended a call his phone would mysteriously power off...
    oh kay...
    "Sir, how long do you hold down the end key?"
    Whats the "end" key?
    The red button you push when you end a call.
    oh, well I hold it down to make sure the call disconnects so I dont use up my minutes.
    yeah...

here's your sign...
    05-30-09 11:24 AM
    I don't work in the wireless industry, but I do work in customer service for a major cable TV provider. I don't work in a call center, I work in a walk-in location. But I can definitely relate.

Upon receiving a cable box return, without the power cord, I'll ask "Sir/Ma'am, do you have your power cord?". The reply: "I never had a power cord." I ask: "Were you able to watch TV using this cable box?" The reply: "Well, yeah, but I didn't have a power cord." My answer: "Sir/Ma'am, it's not possible to use the box with no power......" Which is followed by a blank look from the customer.

Or when a customer brings in their DVD player to exchange it, thinking they've brought in thir defective cable box. You should see the look on their face when I tell them what they just did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 11:44 AM
    This one rocks my world:

I charged my new phone all night and when I take it off the charger it will not power on.

Please remove the battery cover and pull the battery for 15 seconds.

Um, there is no battery.

Bada Bing Bada Boom.
    05-30-09 11:49 AM
    Here's another one...

Okay, background... boise has a LOT of call centers... its kind of a career for a lot of people to "bounce" from center to center... I personally have been in four including this one.
    One of the centers we have is DirectTV ( I havent worked there ) but some of my good friends who have... they have a story about a guy who called in for some tech support. Unfortunately, the rep decided to be funny and told the customer that the little red LED on his box was a camera and can "see him"
    All of a sudden the phone was dropped for a few min.
    When the customer came back on the line the rep asked what happened.
    Here's the answer...

" I had to go put some pants on..."

Needless to say the customer now calls in not able to use his remote because he has now put silver duct tape over all lights and ports just in case they have a camera in it.

Story two...
    Same company... differant person...
    Now, I would never tell someone to do something to their device or service that is not true... but this one is HILARIOUS and shows how gullible some people are...
    Rep gets a call from a lady asking if she needs to change her potato...
    When the rep inquired about what she meant; she stated that a previous rep 9 months ago told her to improve her signal on her satillite she needed to wrap a potato in tin foil and keep it on the top of her box.
    needless to say after nine months on top of a warm satillite box, it was all rotten and gross and now had leaked into the box causing issues.
    She wanted to know if changing the potato would fix this issue...

I couldnt stop laughing.
    05-30-09 12:07 PM
    Sorry to go off topic but it's not really that off topic actually.

Each one of you really needs to check out the IT Crowd, it's a BBC Series...

Here's a clip I think you'll really love:

05-30-09 12:07 PM
    have you seen the youtube video
    Sales guy vs Tech dude: the website is down????

LMAO
    05-30-09 12:10 PM
    Love this clip! Seriously though, this thread made my day!!

What about when a customer calls in...WITHOUT the device in question. "So you can't just press a button to make it work?!" ..uh yeah, sorry 'bout that. There is no "fix it" button.

"My 'wee-fy' is not working anymore"
    *silence...thinking what the **** is 'wee-fy'...oh wi-fi!*

05-30-09 12:36 PM
    "Okay can you go ahead and take the battery out of the phone you're having problems with."
    "Sure."
    *Click*
    I cannot tell you how many times this has happened....and that is still after I ask if they are on the phone they are having trouble with.
    05-30-09 12:38 PM
    Idk about you guys, but with ATT the recording specifically says "If you are calling from the device please call from a different phone". And YET customers STILL call in from the device in question. And when you ask for an alt number to contact them.."Oh, I'm driving.." Really though...so you are going to drive, talk to me, AND be able to check settings on the phone. Good luck with that buddy! lol

I cannot tell you how many times this has happened....and that is still after I ask if they are on the phone they are having trouble with.
    05-30-09 12:44 PM
    Idk about you guys, but with ATT the recording specifically says "If you are calling from the device please call from a different phone". And YET customers STILL call in from the device in question. And when you ask for an alt number to contact them.."Oh, I'm driving.." Really though...so you are going to drive, talk to me, AND be able to check settings on the phone. Good luck with that buddy! lol
    And then you hear Crunch and ah SH*T
    05-30-09 12:52 PM
    As someone posted on Crackberry in one of the forum threads, people should not buy a phone that is smarter than they are.

I have always received excellent support when I have gone into a Verizon office. Keep up the good work.
    05-30-09 01:14 PM
    True story. In order to own a SMART phone, you need to be SMART.

As someone posted on Crackberry in one of the forum threads, people should not buy a phone that is smarter than they are.

I have always received excellent support when I have gone into a Verizon office. Keep up the good work.
    05-30-09 01:23 PM
    have you seen the youtube video
    Sales guy vs Tech dude: the website is down????

LMAO
    That is the funniest video I've seen in a long time!

The desktop was 'reset' using a picture. How dumb can you get!
    05-30-09 01:28 PM
    "I lost my phone and it's powered off, can you turn it on and turn on the GPS and locate the phone for me?"

"Someone just called me from a private number, can you trace it for me?"
    05-30-09 01:32 PM

the video's pretty funny! thanks!

i don't work as a CSR (thank god!) and i can understand how frustrating the job can be. there are wayyyy too many self-righteous/stupid/lazy people out there who think that because they pay a fee every month they can expect their phones to do their laundry for them. or that they can yell at other human beings. whenever i call i try to be courteous and prepared (have my freakin' bill in front of me for example). it's just common sense... but common sense isn't that common anymore...

anyhooo... thanks for the hard work guys and for putting up with stupid people!! and thanks for the funny thread!
    05-30-09 01:43 PM
    That is the funniest video I've seen in a long time!

The desktop was 'reset' using a picture. How dumb can you get!
    Every time I see it... I get to rolling... I showed it to my dad who works T3 support for Qwest DSL...
    Ive never seen a 60yr old man laugh so hard.
    05-30-09 01:47 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but I get this one way too much.

When a customer comes in wanting to return their micro sd card, I ask them why and they say it doesn't fit.
    I give a little laugh and tell them that it does, and thats when it gets to two different scenarios.. They will either yell and get furious claiming that I am calling them a liar, or just be like "how?".
    I then proceed to show them how to take the micro sd card out of the adapter so it can go in the phone...

Completely dumbfounded after that.
    05-30-09 01:50 PM

VZW would only have about half of the customers if this were the case!
    05-30-09 01:54 PM
    IQ test required
    05-30-09 01:55 PM
    i've heard everything

-I cant hear anyone on my phone
    ---did you take the plastic cover off

-my phone wont ring it only vibrates
    ---did you know you have the vibrate sound profile on

-my phone wont hold a charge
    --how often do you use the phone & how often do you charge it
    -i use it all day long and i charge it 2x a week

-my phone wont get on the internet
    --did you click on the internet browser icon?
    -ummmm no

I could go on and on lol
    05-30-09 01:55 PM
    OMG I used to get that one all the time working after hours tech support. "I know you can find it!" --No sir. Unfortunately we have no way of locating your phone-- "So you're telling me that your cell towers can find me but you can't find my phone? BS! I want a supervisor!"

"I lost my phone and it's powered off, can you turn it on and turn on the GPS and locate the phone for me?"

"Someone just called me from a private number, can you trace it for me?"
    05-30-09 02:14 PM
    A little off topic...my grandparents landline quit working, no dial tone...nothing. I called the phone company from my cell phone and fought through the IVR. It asked...

1. Does the phone you are calling about have a dial tone?
    A: NO
    2. Are you calling from that phone now?

Seriously? If there is no dial tone, how in the world can I be calling you from that phone???? MORONS!!!!

You would think they would test their IVR to make sure it's not STUPID before they put it in production.
    05-30-09 02:27 PM
    A little off topic...my grandparents landline quit working, no dial tone...nothing. I called the phone company from my cell phone and fought through the IVR. It asked...

1. Does the phone you are calling about have a dial tone?
    A: NO
    2. Are you calling from that phone now?

Seriously? If there is no dial tone, how in the world can I be calling you from that phone???? MORONS!!!!

You would think they would test their IVR to make sure it's not STUPID before they put it in production.
    Now this being a landline situation might not be applicable here. This is also one of many senarios. THeir recording applies to more situations than not.

With a cell phone I have had calls where someone cannot make or recieve calls, but they are on the phone with us on that device. This is because 611 works even if the phone is shut off.
    05-30-09 02:31 PM
    These are effing great! Too bad that all these stoopid people are nowhere near these forums to try and understand their stupidity.

Similar story, I used to work for Ski/Snowboard shops and I had people that rented skis for the weekend, picked them up Thurs., then returned them on Monday, and said they wanted their money back because they didnt end up going.

Or people saying that they wanted a refund on their rental because the edges on their skis werent sharp, as i shave fingernail off in front of them, not to mention their was 4 feet of fresh powder and didnt need sharp edges.

The best is when she got pissed at me and asked for the manager, I turned around and then faced her again and said "Can I help you?"

The look on her face was classic.

OR

The mom who wants to return her daughters skate shoes after months of use and beat up because they gave her daughter blisters ( i had the same shoe and it happened to me to) worst part about it was I had a mgr that was a dbag and folded because she started getting heated. PISSED ME OFF!
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 05-30-09 at 02:45 PM.
    05-30-09 02:42 PM
    There's something wrong with my phone!

Im sorry whats going on with it?

I dont know you tell me! You sold it to me!!
    05-30-09 02:50 PM
1,313 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD