01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    she assumed that it wouldn't work
    *bangs head on keyboard in frustration*
    07-04-09 01:02 PM
    I had a customer call me up yesterday this is how it went.

Cust: Hi my kids were playing with my phone and they security locked it and now it requires a code.
    Me: Okay, the default code is the last four of your phone #
    Cust: Well, the left side of my phone doesn't work and I'm waiting on a replacement phone and the password I need has a 3 in it but I can't touch the three. I need you to unlock it from there.
    Me: Well, the only way to get back into the phone would be to take it into a store and have the software flashed, but you may lose all your data.
    Cust: Just unlock it from there..
    Me: We don't have access to your local phone.
    Cust: Well then how do you reset my voicemail password?
    Me: Because your voicemail is stored on our server..
    Cust: Well let me talk to a supervisor!
    ----

Supervisor tells her the same thing and she says.

"You should really invest in that technology, this is a real inconvenience to your customers."

Right.. because our customers would have no problems with us being able to have full access to their actual phone from our call center... That's not invasion of privacy or anything.
    07-04-09 01:03 PM
    IQ test... although i like the idea, it would really kill my sales!

My fav. has to be, Premium Texts, cause no one in the history of time has ever signed up for them yet they are on everybodys acc. lol
    Oh, surprise surprise... When you text voted for American Idol they sold your number to a premium text company! Who woulda guessed...
    07-04-09 01:07 PM
    I had a customer call me up yesterday this is how it went.

Cust: Hi my kids were playing with my phone and they security locked it and now it requires a code.
    Me: Okay, the default code is the last four of your phone #
    Cust: Well, the left side of my phone doesn't work and I'm waiting on a replacement phone and the password I need has a 3 in it but I can't touch the three. I need you to unlock it from there.
    Me: Well, the only way to get back into the phone would be to take it into a store and have the software flashed, but you may lose all your data.
    Cust: Just unlock it from there..
    Me: We don't have access to your local phone.
    Cust: Well then how do you reset my voicemail password?
    Me: Because your voicemail is stored on our server..
    Cust: Well let me talk to a supervisor!
    ----

Supervisor tells her the same thing and she says.

"You should really invest in that technology, this is a real inconvenience to your customers."

Right.. because our customers would have no problems with us being able to have full access to their actual phone from our call center... That's not invasion of privacy or anything.
    Haha! Onstar for cellphones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:10 PM
    I was at work yesterday and remembered one of the funniest things I've ever heard from a customer.

This was years ago, I can't remember if I was in billing or in tech support yet, but a young lady called in having problems sending picture messages. She sounded really sweet (and possibly hot) and she was trying to send pics to a guy's cellphone, the day before he left for Iraq.

I can only imagine the quality of the images being sent

I was troubleshooting the issue, took me about 20 minutes but I was able to resolve it and she was able to send pictures no problem. Now while talking to her, she made several comments indicating she was a devout christian woman, had a strong faith, etc etc right?

I get to the end of the call (so I thought) and ask "Yes ma'am, now that we've got your issue resolved is there anything else I could help you with today?"

She hesitates for a second, and says "Well, since you've been so helpful when no one else seemed to care, I do have an issue with my account, that I've been trying to get fixed for several months" I figure it's a billing issue... and I didn't want to ask.

But I did. And it was. lol. But not what you'd think.

Basically, 3 or 4 months before, she had made a payment using the phone ivr ... when you finish inputing the info, it processes and gives you a confirmation #. Her payment went through fine. The amount was correct. She wrote down the confirmation # correctly.

The problem? Remember when I said she was christian? The confirmation # had 666 in the middle of it, and that was upsetting to her. This 20ish minute tech call that I resolved, turned into an hour long debate on whether or not the

"MARK OF THE DEVIL"

was on her account or not. I had a supervisor helping me, we told her 50 different ways there was nothing we could do about it, we could not change it. She requested we reverse the payment, and let her make another one. Something we could not do.

My big mistake was when she first said this, I thought she was BSing, so I looked in the notes and VERIFIED for her I did in fact see the 666 in the notes.

I told her it was not a mark on her acct, but she was adamant that since I could see it, other people could see it, and that they would think less of her as a christian. I said "Lady I would not have seen it unless you asked me to look" hahahaha.

We went round and round and round, and then this good devout christian woman cursed me like a drunk 1 legged sailor and hung up on me. The entire time people around me were laughing because I showed them the notation where a Sprint rep had put "customer upset because she has the mark of the devil on her account".

It was priceless.
    Last edited by faf224; 07-04-09 at 01:18 PM.
    07-04-09 01:16 PM
    I already posted in here but I got another one that happend just yesterday.

I was EXTREMELY bored so I decided to "prank call" some people with a Sound Board of a character (ie. Family Guy)
    Well I called a VZW rep. Bill answered the phone and asked my name... I responded with "Chris Griffen" (in his voice obviously)
    He responded with "What tha Deuce?!" In the best Stewie impression I have ever heard.

I used my real voice after that and said, "I dont even know how to respond to that. That Stewie impression totally caught me off guard."

Laughing he said, "Yeah well, being a VZW rep, you get tired as **** of you job real fast."

I just thought the entire thing was hilarious.
    07-04-09 01:20 PM
    Haha! Onstar for cellphones!

Ah I should have said that!

"We don't have onstar for cell phones!"
    07-04-09 01:21 PM
    I was at work yesterday and remembered one of the funniest things I've ever heard from a customer.

This was years ago, I can't remember if I was in billing or in tech support yet, but a young lady called in having problems sending picture messages. She sounded really sweet (and possibly hot) and she was trying to send pics to a guy's cellphone, the day before he left for Iraq.

I can only imagine the quality of the images being sent

I was troubleshooting the issue, took me about 20 minutes but I was able to resolve it and she was able to send pictures no problem. Now while talking to her, she made several comments indicating she was a devout christian woman, had a strong faith, etc etc right?

I get to the end of the call (so I thought) and ask "Yes ma'am, now that we've got your issue resolved is there anything else I could help you with today?"

She hesitates for a second, and says "Well, since you've been so helpful when no one else seemed to care, I do have an issue with my account, that I've been trying to get fixed for several months" I figure it's a billing issue... and I didn't want to ask.

But I did. And it was. lol. But not what you'd think.

Basically, 3 or 4 months before, she had made a payment using the phone ivr ... when you finish inputing the info, it processes and gives you a confirmation #. Her payment went through fine. The amount was correct. She wrote down the confirmation # correctly.

The problem? Remember when I said she was christian? The confirmation # had 666 in the middle of it, and that was upsetting to her. This 20ish minute tech call that I resolved, turned into an hour long debate on whether or not the

"MARK OF THE DEVIL"

was on her account or not. I had a supervisor helping me, we told her 50 different ways there was nothing we could do about it, we could not change it. She requested we reverse the payment, and let her make another one. Something we could not do.

My big mistake was when she first said this, I thought she was BSing, so I looked in the notes and VERIFIED for her I did in fact see the 666 in the notes.

I told her it was not a mark on her acct, but she was adamant that since I could see it, other people could see it, and that they would think less of her as a christian. I said "Lady I would not have seen it unless you asked me to look" hahahaha.

We went round and round and round, and then this good devout christian woman cursed me like a drunk 1 legged sailor and hung up on me. The entire time people around me were laughing because I showed them the notation where a Sprint rep had put "customer upset because she has the mark of the devil on her account".

It was priceless.

I've had people ask me to change their number from 666 for the same reason.
    07-04-09 01:26 PM
    I've had people ask me to change their number from 666 for the same reason.
    Back when I was a sales rep I had a customer INSIST that I dig through the new phones in the boxes in back to sell him a Voyager that had the number 7 at the end of the serial/ESN number.

Having a lucky # 7 at the end of your ESN will not protect it from accidents.
    07-04-09 01:30 PM
    Back when I was a sales rep I had a customer INSIST that I dig through the new phones in the boxes in back to sell him a Voyager that had the number 7 at the end of the serial/ESN number.

Having a lucky # 7 at the end of your ESN will not protect it from accidents.
    Yes it does and you can't tell me no different!
    07-04-09 01:32 PM
    Not cellphone related, but still funny.

Work for an audio-visual company. A lady calls and complains that, her projector wasn't working. So my co-worker goes down to see what's wrong. He comes into the room, and asks her what's wrong, "my projector isn't working". Tells her to turn it on, "see it's not showing on the screen" - Client. Finds out that when she turned it on, she was standing right in front of the lens, and was looking behind her and not seeing anything.
    07-04-09 01:35 PM
    LMAO!!!!!!!! thats a good one
    07-04-09 01:36 PM
    "Okay can you go ahead and take the battery out of the phone you're having problems with."
    "Sure."
    *Click*
    This made me laugh out loud

07-04-09 01:40 PM
    I hear you - and I see it everyday. The dummies with the Jesus stickers & WWJD decals on their car who don't have a problem with flipping you off or cutting in front of you in line.

It is wonderful livint the Truth of being being Christian - as long as you can handle people who call themselves Christian.

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle.That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." - DC Talk, What If I Stumble intro

And - people who actually study scripture know there is nothing wrong with the 666 sequence.

Posted from my BeliefBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 10:57 PM
    I hear you - and I see it everyday. The dummies with the Jesus stickers & WWJD decals on their car who don't have a problem with flipping you off or cutting in front of you in line.

It is wonderful livint the Truth of being being Christian - as long as you can handle people who call themselves Christian.

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle.That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." - DC Talk, What If I Stumble intro

And - people who actually study scripture know there is nothing wrong with the 666 sequence.

i had a customer the other day and they told there kid "you better do it god is watching you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont do good deeds you will burn!" she was telling her kid to help someone else with their groceries... was pretty funny!

Edited to correct drunken typos
    Last edited by crackalackberry; 07-05-09 at 09:56 AM.
    07-04-09 11:00 PM
    Customer today bought an env2... requested block on everything but voice. Whats the point in getting the env2 without even txt?
    Probably someone who's kid demanded an ENV so the parent broke down.
    07-05-09 11:37 PM
    2 days later I get a call from my CSR at the store (friend of mine) telling me that same guy just came to the store to replace his Storm with water damage. Can you guess what happened?
    ROTFL!

Dude, you really gotta be more careful with saying stuff like that! Customers are funny people. If you're joking, make sure they know!

Seriously, there must be a reason that Nintendo's Japanese manual for the Wii had an illustration instructing not to place clover in the back of your machine. People are actually that crazy!

On the 666 thing. The billing market for most of California is 666. My answer to that is just that California is evil.
    Last edited by Polychrome; 07-06-09 at 12:30 AM.
    07-06-09 12:24 AM
    On the 666 thing. The billing market for most of California is 666. My answer to that is just that California is evil.
    Yes, it most certainly is.

07-06-09 03:10 AM

I had a religion teacher in college who did nothing but tell us how close she was to God and how she followed his example closely (she also had one of those bumper stickers- except hers said "My life before God My life after God ). One day we were getting ready to take a test and she asked us not to write our names inside the blue books because when she sees the names of students she likes, she tends to grade them better than others. Guess she missed a few of God's lessons.
    07-06-09 02:56 PM
    I had a religion teacher in college who did nothing but tell us how close she was to God and how she followed his example closely (she also had one of those bumper stickers- except hers said "My life before God My life after God ). One day we were getting ready to take a test and she asked us not to write our names inside the blue books because when she sees the names of students she likes, she tends to grade them better than others. Guess she missed a few of God's lessons.
    2 things:

1. OMG WE HAVE THE SAME PIN (almost)!!!

2. That kind of comment is seriously something she could have gotten fired for.
    07-06-09 05:15 PM
    I'm a VZW customer, I love VZW support. I was on the phone with support for like 4 hours, cause someone messed my 8330 up and she was so helpful. Even though I was swearing up a storm and I was never rude to her just rude to myself.

Tripster

07-07-09 05:44 AM
    Customer today wanted to do an exchange on a house charger. complaining it wasnt right for her phone. I looked at the receipt... bought out of area, on May 1st... was a charger for a different phone, but was done on the same order as a fru exchange for a phone that the charger would fit in... oh, And it was a car charger on the receipt.
    Me: ummm this receipt is for a car charger
    cust: yeah.... so?
    me: well, your trying to return a house charger, which isnt what you bought. Also, this is outside of 30 days... and not only a couple days, but over a month.
    cust: Come on, i pay a ton of money to verizon every month! someone in virginia said i could do this. You will do this exchange.
    Me: ok whats your phone number let me look at the account, just in case they notated something.
    cust: idk what my number is, but you can see i pay a lot of money!
    me: well, you dont know your number, could look up by social but not under your name... (probably could have done more but the lady was annoying me...)
    Cust: yeah well, i pay a lot. do this now.

In the end, i say no to exchanging, she said she would give me some time to think it over and come back. i said she was more than welcome to come back.
    07-07-09 09:57 PM
    You will do this exchange.
    07-07-09 10:06 PM
    I had a customer today who claimed he brought his USB modem into a store "sometime in april" because his usb was "loose" he said the technician said "it was not loose enough" and "jammed" it back into the card. Meanwhile, during the time between then and now his warranty expired. So he wanted me to send one out for free because the rep broke it and now the USB part is completely detached from the modem.

Well I wanted to talk to the rep. However, this customer stated he couldn't remember the store he went to, who he talked to, or when he went.

I told him insurance was his option, and he got very upset. He goes "What did you do on April so and so." I said "well i went about my normal day but if I did something out of the ordinary (like going to a verizon store) i would remember it.."

He hung up on me.
    07-07-09 11:41 PM
    My brother lives in La Jolla, CA - yes, the land of fruits & nuts.

Anyway, he called me this morning on the house phone direct line. He should know not to call me at the house in the morning. Anyway, he has a few phone questions to ask me. It seems he dropped his mobile phone - and now it doesn't work, so he wants to know what options he should pursue. Since he called and left this message on a VM that I don't check until the evening, I didn't get the message until just a bit ago. I went to pour myself a glass of Scotch & a glass of 7-UP before I was going to sit down to call him. Just as I sat down, the phone rings - he is calling me from his cell phone! I answered & he told me his story. He dropped the phone last night & it quit working - he's dropped it before without problem, but figured this time was just too much.

He walked into a VZW store earlier this afternoon after I didn't call him back. He was upset that he was 15th in line and only two people out of seven were helping customers. It may have been a good thing, though, looking back at what happened.

After nearly 90 minutes, his name is called. He goes up to the counter, hands over his phone & tells the rep his phone doesn't work & he needs a new one. The rep takes his phone, looks at the account & proceeds to examine the phone. My brother is glancing around, trying to decide which new phone he would get - he knew he'd be paying full price, as his phone is only 6 months old - and didn't pay attention to what the rep was doing. He looked back at the rep, who by this time was putting the phone back together. The rep pressed the power button, the phone lit up and the voicemail indicator sounded. The rep handed the phone back to my brother & said, "here you go, sir - your battery was installed backward."

When he dropped it, the cover came off, the battery popped out & he reinstalled the battery backward, causing his problem.

Sometimes I really think he was adopted.

07-08-09 12:19 AM
1,313 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD