01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    We got it in retail as well.... Some people just dont keep up w. technology like others...
    Yep - or was sleeping in the sales meeting
    06-30-09 10:46 PM
    Had another "there is no way i could have used that many minutes this month..." he was amazed he used 600 min.... there were 17 pages worth of calls
    06-30-09 10:49 PM
    Well that's understandable. But I could definitely have gone without the 10 gallons of attitude she sprayed me with. I wasn't mean or whine or condescending, I just asked a simple question.

Forgot there was a nice csr that chimed in, maybe he's on here, but he knew all about it lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 11:05 PM
    "They did it for me last time!"
    This has to be my all time favorite rebuttal to anything.
    06-30-09 11:06 PM
    This has to be my all time favorite rebuttal to anything.
    MINE TOO I hear it all the time in fact yesterday someone hung up on me for the exact same reason.
    07-01-09 05:31 PM
    Talking to a customer on his home phone. We need reload his HHSW. He gets on the computer to install his DTM and every minute and a half something is dialing in our ear. Finally he asks is what that is and why it keeps doing that. All the while he is complaining that his internet wont come up. Turns out he is on a dial up and it was trying to dial the internet while we were on the phone.
    07-01-09 05:34 PM
    right then, tell me if its just me that finds this both funny and a bit stupid (but a funny stupid)

cust: this phone is 30 over the road with vf when bought with 10 top up, yours is 40 wbw 10 top up
    me: really? oh ok then (thinking why why why? if its cheaper just buy it over there and quit telling me bout it)
    cust: i`ll take one in the pink please
    me: uh ok then (open mouthed at the customers sheer willingness to throw away a tenner!!!)

now is that not just plain silly????? or am i missing something??
    07-01-09 06:08 PM
    That was funny
    07-01-09 06:08 PM
    Customer points at a simple camera phone "How many gilabobs does it have?" I was speachless gilabobs???

07-01-09 06:29 PM
    Customer points at a simple camera phone "How many gilabobs does it have?" I was speachless gilabobs???

hmm, methinks they`ve been on the fizzy pop before they called!!

speaking of other names for things,

do you sell blueberrys?? (was funny, now annoying, i mean we do have a 6ft bb storm with blackberry written on it, bout 10 inches tall that lettering!!)

do you sell doogles, or dungles, or `them plug in sticks` i mean its a dongle, or mobile broadband.
    07-01-09 06:39 PM
    Had a guy come in today (maybe 21 or 22) with his Samsung Omnia because it wasn't sending or recieving texts. So I'm working on his phone and someone calls him 8 times in a row!

I handed him the phone so he could talk to whomever kept calling so he could tell them to stop since I was trying to fix it, they talk for a min, and he hands me the phone back.

She calls AGAIN the moment I get the phone back in my hands.

So he calls someone else and tells them to tell her to stop calling him. Once he hands me the phone back, I asked him who it was; maybe his girlfriend or something.

"Well, sort of. My ex."

I kind of gave him a wicked grin and asked, "What would she do if I picked up next time she calls and said, 'I don't know who you are but stop calling my man'?"

"Oooh she'd be really mad.... Do it."

I love joking with my customers.... Some of them are so wicked cool. My poor coworker gave me this look like, "You're gonna get that boy in so much trouble!"
    07-01-09 06:55 PM
    LMFAO now that is a cool customer.
    07-01-09 06:59 PM
    this has got to be the best thread i've ever read on here. i wish i had something to contribute. i'll do my best to remember something from my customer service experiences.

-randy
    07-01-09 07:52 PM
    A few typical cases where the customer on the phone is actually on the phone he/she is calling in reference to. So when you ask the customer to take the battery out of the phone, the call mysteriously ends.

Being from the midwest, I always get good laughs out of southern customers (no offense to anyone from the south), words like "mash" and "cut on/off" are always good for a chuckle.
    I don't take offense, as I am from the south and hear these words on a daily basis. I'm not too sure if it's a Southern thing though, because I've spoken with many people from New York and New Jersey, and they also say "cut on/off" when referring to powering their phone on/off. Now, "mashing" buttons is definitely a Southern thing
    07-01-09 08:48 PM
    Had a guy come in today (maybe 21 or 22) with his Samsung Omnia because it wasn't sending or recieving texts. So I'm working on his phone and someone calls him 8 times in a row!

I handed him the phone so he could talk to whomever kept calling so he could tell them to stop since I was trying to fix it, they talk for a min, and he hands me the phone back.

She calls AGAIN the moment I get the phone back in my hands.

So he calls someone else and tells them to tell her to stop calling him. Once he hands me the phone back, I asked him who it was; maybe his girlfriend or something.

"Well, sort of. My ex."

I kind of gave him a wicked grin and asked, "What would she do if I picked up next time she calls and said, 'I don't know who you are but stop calling my man'?"

"Oooh she'd be really mad.... Do it."

I love joking with my customers.... Some of them are so wicked cool. My poor coworker gave me this look like, "You're gonna get that boy in so much trouble!"
    LOL! that is beyond awesome
    07-01-09 08:53 PM
    I work for the IT department at my school, got a priceless phone call today.
    "I turned my machine on today and everything looked fine but I can't get onto the internet or check my email"
    "Did you check your data connection just to make sure nothing was jostled"
    "yes and it's fine"
    *after some more failed troubleshooting*
    "ok I'll bring down a new ethernet cable yours may have gone bad"
    "is that the cable that comes out of the wall, because it's unplugged?"
    so how did you check your data cable again if you don't know what it is??
    I have a story about myself being dumb

The other day, I was at my workstation, and I was online. I was getting my e-mail and I was able to browse the web... All of a sudden, it seemed like my internet dropped. It was working fine before, so I assumed ( <-- the start of my problems ) that it was the network... But I was looking around and didn't see anyone else having any network issues. So, I call IT and explain to them the error messages I am recieving and how I can't access the web or check e-mail. They ask me to send them a screenshot of my error message, obviously I tell them I can't because I can't send an e-mail ( which was funny on their part ). The guy talks for a few minutes and then finaly asks me to check my connections because it sounds like I'm not connected ( which is what I thought from the beginning ). Anyways, the connection to my computer was fine, but the connection into the wall, I pushed it in and it clicked. Rebooted and all was fine. The connector is right at my feet in the wall, apparently I had kicked it out a little with my foot while working. Whoops!
    07-01-09 08:57 PM
    I have a story about myself being dumb

The other day, I was at my workstation, and I was online. I was getting my e-mail and I was able to browse the web... All of a sudden, it seemed like my internet dropped. It was working fine before, so I assumed ( <-- the start of my problems ) that it was the network... But I was looking around and didn't see anyone else having any network issues. So, I call IT and explain to them the error messages I am recieving and how I can't access the web or check e-mail. They ask me to send them a screenshot of my error message, obviously I tell them I can't because I can't send an e-mail ( which was funny on their part ). The guy talks for a few minutes and then finaly asks me to check my connections because it sounds like I'm not connected ( which is what I thought from the beginning ). Anyways, the connection to my computer was fine, but the connection into the wall, I pushed it in and it clicked. Rebooted and all was fine. The connector is right at my feet in the wall, apparently I had kicked it out a little with my foot while working. Whoops!
    Guess you had a nervous twitch! hahaha good stuff. Thanks to all that have kept this thread going
    07-01-09 09:00 PM
    I work at a converted Alltel store, where we assist both Alltel and Verizon customers. A coworker of mine had someone with Alltel threaten to disconnect and go with Verizon. My coworker pulled out a Verizon brochure and asked how they could help them. The customer looked dumbfounded

07-01-09 09:27 PM
    I work at a converted Alltel store, where we assist both Alltel and Verizon customers. A coworker of mine had someone with Alltel threaten to disconnect and go with Verizon. My coworker pulled out a Verizon brochure and asked how they could help them. The customer looked dumbfounded

Thats awesome. We use to say that when folks told us they were leave us for Alltel jsut before the merger and we could not talk about it. I would say to myself, see you in a few months.
    07-01-09 09:59 PM
    Not phone related, but CSR related, two drunk customers come in, ring up first one, customer told me wrong info, canceled transaction, re rang up. Called local police about the drunk drivers. Customer comes back ten minutes later saying that I ripped him off an so on, as he is leaving he says I am going to come back and kick your ****

As he is finishing his threat, one of the police officers that got the call walked in heard him, grabbed his hand, put handcuffs on him and said you are going to do what to him
    Lol customer never knew the officer walked in behind him.

Rule of thumb, don't be drunk in public, no I didn't press charges, they were all let go, there was a a sober person with them.

I knew he wouldn't remember anything in the morning anyways

Lol

07-02-09 04:47 AM
    Not something amusing, but something I had to vent about.

For the love of GOD, please if you're in a store and we call you up with 9 people waiting behind you in queue, don't take your 20 minute personal phone call in the middle of our business transaction with me standing there looking like the bullseye for all the customers behind you.

Its just not cool!
    07-02-09 09:33 AM
    I would shout next and see how fast they get off the phone then. I do it with er patients all the time. If they are on the phone when 3 come get them for their xray they go to the bottom of the pile

07-02-09 09:45 AM
    I was just talking to a customer from TN and everytime I asked him to press his menu button he would correct me and tell me it was the Leopard button.
    07-02-09 03:13 PM
    This is a funniest responce that I got from a VZW rep.

"What is the mobile number that you got beef with?"

.....best reposnce I have ever gotten from Verizon.
    07-02-09 04:58 PM
    I was just talking to a customer from TN and everytime I asked him to press his menu button he would correct me and tell me it was the Leopard button.
    I've got a user that is left handed and insists we say "reverse-click" instead of "right-click". It's mostly tongue in cheek, but he does make a good point...
    07-02-09 06:04 PM
1,313 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD