01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I was once asked what the number to 411 was.

I'm not kidding. ^^;

Once some lady also called in to yell how she couldn't get a number her son called the other day. Now, we're absolutely NEVER allowed to give unbilled call detail over the phone because the FCC says so. But we have a loophole known as the internet. So I was gonna walk the lady through getting her My Verizon password back, when she just starts yelling at me to just give her the information because "somebody did so last week".

Now, frankly, that part is somewhat our fault, but this is where it gets funny...

When I don't bend, she asks for a supervisor of course. And she rants and raves about how absolutely wonderful this other rep who gave her the info was and how horrible I was and how she didn't want to deal with the website because it'd take hours and hours and supposedly it wouldn't work anyway. Of course, the supervisor's response was "Yes, we'll look into it later". (Translation: The other guy's in trouble.) So finally he makes it clear this lady isn't getting the info she wants unless it's from the website. So I jump back on the call.

I get her logged in in about 30 seconds.

Wow.

EDIT: Oh, shucks. I remembered the best one of all.

A customer called me while he was driving down the freeway, wanted me to troubleshoot the phone he was talking on.

Well, I figured I'd humor him in case it was a call forwarding issue, but asked him to pull over.

Sometime later, he says he's pulled over. Okay, we proceed.

Five minutes later: "I have to go, I'm being pulled over"

*click*
    Last edited by Polychrome; 06-20-09 at 01:57 AM.
    06-20-09 01:30 AM
    These stories are hilarious.
    I work cust serv in another industry and my favorite yellow bus moment:

me: thank you for calling blah blah blah, my name is ........... in order to provide you with excellent service, may i please have your customer account number?

Cust: starts punching in account number on the phone.
    06-20-09 02:09 AM
    Just took this call, customer is staying at a hotel that is apparently run by foreigners and customer stated that " they don't talk so good" apparently neither does he....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 09:01 PM
    Oh totally forgot about this one:cust phone was making random calls,
    Me: has anything happened to your phone recently?
    Cust: I dropped it in the toilet and tried to dry it out.
    Me: well water and electricity do not play well, how did you try to dry it?
    Cust: the microwave---
    Me: that could be a problem let's see if you have insurance....

06-20-09 10:06 PM
    I swear sometimes people when they call customer care their brains turn off. They just want to be led around by the rep.
    06-20-09 10:09 PM
    I had a lady call and complain that her phone didn't come with a memory card and she was going to sue us for false advertising. So I asked her where it was advertised that it came with a memory card and she said it was on the store display. Now I know some stores have the phone's "call out cards" tagged with accessory packages so maybe that confused her.

No. She said that it stated one of the features was "Removable Micro SD Memory" and that meant it came with a card. I explained that it comes with the ability to use a card. She insisted that it should have come with one but when I asked her what size it said, she had nothing. So of course she wants to talk to a manager about it and file a complaint about the store display. Too bad I'm in a call center and there's nobody there to help with a store display. So I told her the best channel to voice her concern would be to talk to the store manager where she bought the phone. Noooooo. That's way too much work and she wants someone to fix the display over the phone and give her a free memory card. I explained again that nobody in the call center can help her with a story display and we went around in this circle for 30 minutes and eventually she realized that if she has an issue with the store, she should talk to the store manager. It really tested my patience.....
    06-20-09 11:15 PM
    You are the exact reason Corporate sales reps hate you shiesty "Authorized agents"

Leave this thread, no crooks are in here.
    I got to eat too! And I always made bonus!

My record for one month for ATT? 164 New lines! And 125 upgrades!
    06-20-09 11:39 PM
    That's just wonderful. However completely off topic and about something that nobody really cares about. Please don't post here unless you have something relevent to say. Rhetorical question, please do not answer, is it cool with you to screw people over just so you make a quick buck? Once again, do not answer that.
    I got to eat too! And I always made bonus!

My record for one month for ATT? 164 New lines! And 125 upgrades!
    06-21-09 08:02 AM
    so i had one young dude come in yesterday, had to be about 19 or 20yrs old. (emphasis becuase you would seem to think that as he was dressed in a suit and coming from work he would be a little tech savvy or something, just a little)
    Anyway this is our convo, me being the rep

Rep:...anyway since you didnt bring the device you want me to activate on the account but have the serial number, i will go ahead and change the esn on the account and give you instrustions as to activate it
    Boy: ok
    Rep: ok when you get home grab the phone you want to activate, turn it on and dial *228 on the device you want to activate and listen for prompts, when prompted choose option 1 which will start the activation process and let it run....blah blah and the rest
    Boy: understood
    n i wished him a good day

3hrs later..boy comes back

Boy: everytim i do the *228 it doesnt work, it just keeps telling me its unsuccesfull
    Rep: ok let me see the phone so i can see whats going on
    Boy: oh i dont have it still, i was at work so i havent had a chance to go get it
    Rep: fair enough, so ok who did you ask to do it for you, can i talk to them?
    Boy: oh nobody i was doing it on my work landline, i dialed the *228 on there and chose option one and even tried option 2 and none work!

2mins later (2mins spent staring at this young boy wondering whats wrong with him

Rep: ok, so you did *228 on your work landline phone so you could activate you cellphone at home?...

I have NO MORE WORDS for this young man, i couldt talk to him any more im sorry but does anyone blame me? did i forget to mention somethin to him? im sure i was pretty clear!
    06-21-09 01:14 PM
    So, not the phone industry, but here is my story...
    I am an Assistant Principal and had a parent yelling at her kid tellin him he needed to straighten up. She then told him he was barking up the wrong road...????!!!!!!????(I think she meant tree.)
    I turned to get my composure and while I was doing that, she said that when he comes back to school, he needed to do a 90 degree turn??!!??!! (180 or maybe she only wanted him to turn half way arround) There was nothing else I could say to him... I was speechless.
    06-21-09 01:28 PM
    Cust: Hey my phone isn't working
    Me: Okay, what's your telephone #?
    Cust: I don't know.. I don't call myself.
    Me: Do you write yourself letters?
    Cust: No?
    Me: Then how do you know your address?
    Call me an ******* but I took it one step further.

I knew about the address line but I used this one.

Me: What's your # sir?
    Cust: I don't know I don't call myself.
    Me: Do you talk to yourself?
    Cust: No.
    Me. Then how do you know your name?

My manager got really pissed at me... bc I said it with a sarcastic tone.

It really does annoy me when people don't know their number. Yes I know it's a convience thing for us, but having to actually look you up is frustrating.

The one I get a chuckle out of the most is when these idiotic high school guys come in the store and think that since they have a G Z'one that they can do "anything" to it. In their words it's "indestructable".

I just look at them and go... "it was also said the Titanic was unsinkable. And we all know what happened there."
    06-21-09 04:38 PM
    So true.

06-21-09 05:10 PM
    I work in an industry where people are just as clueless as wireless customers. I'm in automotive service sales. People just give me blank stares when I start talking about rotors, bearings, oxygen sensors and distributor rotors. Sometimes the ignorance is laughable.
    06-21-09 05:39 PM
    This just happened and its not so much funny as really pisses me off.
    Customer - I was told by my insurance and people at the store that you could replace my bb using eticket
    Me - okay what seems to be the problem
    Customer - My screen is cracked and I need a new one.
    Me - Why did your insurance refuse to replace it.
    C - They said they would but they wanted to charge me 100.
    M - If I make a ticket you will be charged also sir.
    C - I was told you could waive the fee.
    M - I can not waive the fee if you damaged the phone. That is only for software issues (in hindsight I should not have said that)
    C - hangs up on me
    I get suspicious so kept his number in my notes and checked it a little while later after THOROUGHLY noting the acct that this guy was just trying to escape paying for the phone HE broke. Some moron in my dept answered his call later. The guy lied about his issue and now is getting a brand new phone. Its BS and I'm pissed. I have never tried to cheat the system like that and people who do are the reason our costs keep going up.
    Argh!!
    Oh my god same thing happened to me about a week ago! Work in a tech support call center and a store rep calls in to get a replacement phone for a customer. Asked if they had wiped the phone. Customer stated that he called in prior to going into the store and did that with another agent. Checking the notes the last time the account had ever been pulled up was over 6 months ago. Told the store rep that and that we could not replace it without doing the proper troubleshooting. She responds by asking for a different agent. I tell her that if she wanted I could do so but that the other agent would state the same thing. So she said she would call in and just get another agent and then promptly hung up on me. I then notated the account stating all that had happened and not to replace the device without wiping the device. But wouldnt you know it, check the account about 45 minutes later and another agent processed the order without doing any troubleshooting because she had said she wiped it at the store.
    06-21-09 05:49 PM
    This just happened..

Me: "Make sure you wipe your phone before you send it back to the warehouse."
    Cust: "What should I wipe it with? A towel/water.. what about the screen?"

...... :facepalm:
    06-21-09 05:56 PM
    When this happens and the store calls in, I will always have them remark the account that they wiped it. Covers my rear end

06-21-09 06:05 PM
    Didn't even think of that. Atleast it wasn't me who processed the order though :-\. But like the previous poster had said, it just angers me when people do that stuff and get away with things when they shouldn't
    06-21-09 06:24 PM
    This just happened..

Me: "Make sure you wipe your phone before you send it back to the warehouse."
    Cust: "What should I wipe it with? A towel/water.. what about the screen?"

...... :facepalm:
    There is no better time to use a :facepalm: than right there, my friend... They should really make a facepalm smiley....
    06-21-09 06:46 PM
    a gem from today...

male: my phone is getting really really hot!
    me: ok, a phone getting warm is normal, but you're saying hot. How hot do you mean?
    male: 121 degrees!
    me: Sir, how do you know the exact temp, I'm curious.
    male: I taped a meat thermometer to my phone.
    me: well, that certainly is warm, but I'm not sure we can guarantee how accurate that would be on a phone...let's see what we can do for you...

ahhh...just imagining a phone with a meat thermometer taped to it...is HILARIOUS!
    06-22-09 02:09 AM
    I am an Assistant Principal and had a parent yelling at her kid tellin him he needed to straighten up. She then told him he was barking up the wrong road...????!!!!!!????(I think she meant tree.)
    I turned to get my composure and while I was doing that, she said that when he comes back to school, he needed to do a 90 degree turn??!!??!! (180 or maybe she only wanted him to turn half way arround) There was nothing else I could say to him... I was speechless.
    Love this story, I am a substitute teacher right now looking to get a full time job. Stories like this make it no surprise that some children act the way that they do. This year I had a 4th grader tell me to "F off", called me and "Fer" the works....it was very eye opening and tested my patience for sure....hope he made that 90 degree turn in school and is not barking up the wrong path or headed down the wrong tree.

06-22-09 02:36 AM
    I love this thread

06-22-09 03:42 AM
    for the alerts
    06-22-09 07:34 PM
    The apple definitely does not fall far from the tree....
    06-22-09 08:52 PM
    The apple definitely does not fall far from the tree....
    Don't you mean the apple doesn't fall far from the block

06-22-09 08:55 PM
    Don't you mean the apple doesn't fall far from the block

Like father, like dog! wait... that doesnt sound right...
    06-22-09 08:56 PM
1,313 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD