01-15-11 05:28 AM
1,313 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    This just happened and its not so much funny as really pisses me off.
    Customer - I was told by my insurance and people at the store that you could replace my bb using eticket
    Me - okay what seems to be the problem
    Customer - My screen is cracked and I need a new one.
    Me - Why did your insurance refuse to replace it.
    C - They said they would but they wanted to charge me 100.
    M - If I make a ticket you will be charged also sir.
    C - I was told you could waive the fee.
    M - I can not waive the fee if you damaged the phone. That is only for software issues (in hindsight I should not have said that)
    C - hangs up on me
    I get suspicious so kept his number in my notes and checked it a little while later after THOROUGHLY noting the acct that this guy was just trying to escape paying for the phone HE broke. Some moron in my dept answered his call later. The guy lied about his issue and now is getting a brand new phone. Its BS and I'm pissed. I have never tried to cheat the system like that and people who do are the reason our costs keep going up.
    Argh!!
    06-17-09 05:49 PM
    Yeah I can understand on why you would be upset, but in all reality when they exchange it, and it gets to the wearhouse they should notice the cracked screen and charge him full retail for the phone that he gets sent, or I think it would still charge him the 100.00 at least I belive but im not 100% sure on that
    06-17-09 07:48 PM
    I know. Its the principle. I'm over it now its been a crazy day on the phones today and that guy just pushed it.
    06-17-09 08:20 PM
    I know. Its the principle. I'm over it now its been a crazy day on the phones today and that guy just pushed it.
    This happens all the time unfortunatly. Other reps do not read notes unless a situation requires them to. I ret to review them on each and every call.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-18-09 at 06:08 PM.
    06-17-09 08:25 PM
    I don't work Verizon but the competition but I had to post this

Customer calls in about a 200.00 charge for non return of a phone

"I want this charge removed I sent that damn phone back"

"ok sir can you provide me with the tracking number"

"what tracking number? I put it in a envelope slapped two stamps on it and dropped it in the mail"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 09:39 PM
    Just saw this video, looks like it belongs here.

YouTube - The Vendor Client relationship - in real world situations
    I really wish I could have this video on repeat on my store demo laptop...
    OH the headaches it would nip in the bud!

A few years ago, I was on my way back from court and stopped at Circuit City to look at some computer monitors. I'd left my jacket in my car, but was still wearing a necktie. A customer walked up to me and said,

"Hey, I bought this g***amn thing here and..."

"Excuse me," I replied, "That's no way to address someone. If you want to speak to me, you can do it politely," and I turned back to the item I was looking at.

"I'm talking to you!" he said. "Look at me!"

"I really don't want to hear anything you have to say if you can't be civil, let alone look at you."

By this time, several employees, all of whom were wearing the official store uniform of a red polo shirt and name tag clearly showing they worked there, were watching from a distance.

"HEY, I'M TALKING TO YOU."

I turned and said, "Yes, you are... and I wish you would stop. If you'd like to start over, by politely saying 'Excuse me, may I speak to you for a moment,' then I'll consider having a conversation. Otherwise, please get away from me right now."

"THAT DOES IT! I'M FINDING THE MANAGER, AND I'LL HAVE YOUR JOB!"

"You can't have my job," I told him," because I'm self employed. You'd also have to graduate from law school and pass the bar exam. Frankly, because you couldn't figure out that employees wear polo shirts, and thought I worked here because I was wearing a dress shirt and tie, I wonder if you'd score a 120 on the law school admissions test, which is what they give you for putting your name on the answer sheet. I'm leaving now, but on my way out, I'm going to find the manager and tell him what a stupid, rude person you are, and tell him that if you complain about any of the kids who work here, it's your problem, not theirs."

He was sputtering and his mouth was hanging open as I walked past him. On my way out, the guy from the car stereo department stopped me, handed me his business card, and said, "Anything you want... dealer cost!"
    You, sir, are my hero. I was LOLing for a good 10 minutes when I read this.
    I would seriously pay you to come in and explain to some of my customers how ridiculous their demands are.

ever had anyone try to get you to activate a dummy phone?

..that they stole from YOUR STORE??

*hand raised*
    ^^ fail.

This thread has been tremendously therapeutic for me. I'm sure I'll be posting some stories from my 9-to-5 shortly

Until then, Keep 'em coming!
    06-18-09 12:18 AM
    You're fine, you're fine... I have taken things that way before as well, it can be really hard to get dry humor on a message board, no big whoop.
    "Dry" humor can be hard to pull off as well when you are discussing water damage
    06-18-09 04:42 PM
    Customer calls in to my Verizon Wireless store telling me her husband cut a tree down and has knocked down the power lines and phone lines. Florida Power & Light is on the way to restore electrical service.

Me: Ma'am you need to call Verizon Communications, their number is (whatever it was).
    Cust: Why can't you help me?
    Me: We are Verizon Wireless, we aren't the same company. We don't deal with home phones.
    Cust: Can't you tell them?
    Me: (Banging phone against head) I'm sorry ma'am we aren't the same company, I can give you the correct number for the folks who can help you, but we don't handle home phone service.
    Cust: You just don't want to help me.
    Me: Again, we are Verizon Wireless, I can give you the correct number to call, but we only handle wireless phones and service.
    Cust: Well, I have a cordless phone!
    Me: Hold one moment please. (I barely get the hold button pushed before huge cackles of laughter escape me) picking back up: I'm sorry miss, we aren't the same company, we only deal with cellular, non-land-line phones. The number you need to call is (again, whatever it was)
    Cust: Well I just don't see why you can't help me, it's just a phone wire down in my yard.
    Me: Because you have called Verizon..... Wireless, we don't have wires ma'am.
    Cust: "Click"
    06-18-09 07:49 PM
    i had a customer walk in wants to port his old house # to his new activation lol
    06-18-09 08:55 PM
    i had a customer walk in wants to port his old house # to his new activation lol
    The porting thing is confusing, IMO. I don't understand why it has to be a live number. It would seem if the number was previously yours and is not in use, it would be available. I've got a user who has to call T-Mo tomorrow and reactivate her old phone so we can port the number out 5 minutes later...
    06-18-09 09:32 PM
    I used to be Cell Phone Kiosk Manager for Radio Shack. AT&T, Crap-Mobile, and Sprint (sprint right back where you got it from).
    Lady has an elvis belt buckle and her husband dressed and looked likes elvis. Both got Nokia infernos (good phone).
    Upgrades.

Deal done.

Nope. Came back two days later and was pissed! She could not get her elvis ring tone to work on the new phones and that I was in charge of that. She was screaming.
    Fix....Hymm...take out demo sim and download every elvis ringtone I could find.
    Deal Done.
    NOPE.
    Elvis comes in three days after that and says that his elvis ringtones do not work and that his wifes does and that I am a friggin *****.
    Demo phone same thing, get all of elvis on his phone.
    Deal Done?>???>>????

Nope

Sunday......after church...this time they are dressed in slacks and have their church brochure with their bible and I am to blame that everytime his wife calls his phone....love me tender does not play.
    Set contact ringtone....

Good news.....I upgraded their entire redneck from **** family....but two of them had to have their "get r done" ringtones.

I am a softy I guess.

got plently of more
    06-18-09 10:01 PM
    Lady: my phone doesnt work
    whats your phone number?
    I dont know
    is it turned on?
    I dont know?
    can i see your phone?
    sure. but it dont work
    Um ma'am where is the battery?
    I took it out
    Why?
    to charge it
    where are you charging it?
    in the sun
    Please go get your battery and I will fix it...
    you got no sun in here....just lightbulbs

Ma'am I give up without the battery
    I go get it
    thanks
    never see her again
    06-18-09 10:06 PM
    Can you come to my house and tell me why my phone doesnt work?

me: no I cant do that
    why
    me: bc i have to stay here and sale cell phones
    well its not my cell phone ******* its the one on the house and i cant bring it here
    me: i sale cell phones ma'am...not house phones
    if i bring my cordless phone here can you help me
    me: no

how did she leave?

she left with an upgrade for att and a number to verizon home phone service
    06-18-09 10:10 PM
    one of my favorites of all times......

do you sell the i phone?
    when do you think you will get it?
    me: never
    That around Christmas?
    Me: no, its only at corporate stores

So what did they get? They got a Nokia 6085 on a new line, directions to the corporate att store to buy an i phone....and now the 6085 became a spare phone

I love those deals....

Did a 5 liner one time...and they all went and got i phones after that....i mean the phones were free and they liked the idea of having a spare phone. got good referrals!

this was when the i phone was 399 no matter what

i made sure they got a 3g sim card....
    06-18-09 10:16 PM
    OMG... the other day a lady came in with her cell phone and her remote from her tv. She wanted to know if the remote could detect and control the camera in her phone. I could not believe it. I made her repeat herself about 5 time because I was in shock. She then told me that customer service (???) told her that she could take pics of the people she was talking to, with her phone, while on a call with them. When I told her that these things were not possible, she did not believe me. She asked for a second opinion! I had to take her to the front of the store for confirmation from a sales rep.

FYI: I lloovvee this thread!!! LMAO
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 06-18-09 at 10:21 PM.
    06-18-09 10:16 PM
    My favorite thing to do....was to give customers new sim cards....remember when cingular...att...had those white sim cards? I would actually take that one out of the phone put a new blue att 3g chip in it when the customer complained that she wasnt getting a good signal....or whatever reason.
    you know what?

it worked 100 percent of the time!

they even came back and told me that their phone worked better!
    06-18-09 10:18 PM
    I love this thread u guys cracking me up it reminds me the old days when i worked at VZW agent store
    06-18-09 10:29 PM
    how about this
    customer complaining about 10000 yes u reading this right 10000usd in roaming charges
    Sir u were making calls from Mexico
    I know but i have a free long distance
    06-18-09 10:32 PM
    As this gentleman walks by the nTelos store i work in, with a big nTelos sign on the front of it, and me wearing an nTelos branded polo, he loudly and rudely blurts out in his best redneck accent...
    "hey! do y'all replace my battery for free?"
    me: no sir....
    redneck: well nTelos will do it for me!
    me: i believe you're talking about US Cellular sir, this IS nTelos...
    redneck (in a defeated voice): oh.... yeah... (walks away)

WOW.
    06-19-09 01:56 PM
    one of my favorites of all times......

do you sell the i phone?
    when do you think you will get it?
    me: never
    That around Christmas?
    Me: no, its only at corporate stores

So what did they get? They got a Nokia 6085 on a new line, directions to the corporate att store to buy an i phone....and now the 6085 became a spare phone

I love those deals....

Did a 5 liner one time...and they all went and got i phones after that....i mean the phones were free and they liked the idea of having a spare phone. got good referrals!

this was when the i phone was 399 no matter what

i made sure they got a 3g sim card....
    You are the exact reason Corporate sales reps hate you shiesty "Authorized agents"

Leave this thread, no crooks are in here.
    06-19-09 04:39 PM
    As a customer I have a few that the companies have told me which have been fun.

I walked into the VZW store and tell the person behind the desk "Excuse me sir I have a problem with my phone"

He asks what the problem was as I hold up my Nextel immediately which he replies "Oh, that is a problem"

Oh and I loved this one "Thank you for calling Sprint/Nextel how may I help you"

LOL That last one is hysterical!
    06-19-09 07:07 PM
    Subscribing so I don't miss an episode.
    I'm in customer service for a different industry, but the parade of human stupidity is similar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 09:01 PM
    Cust: Hey my phone isn't working
    Me: Okay, what's your telephone #?
    Cust: I don't know.. I don't call myself.
    Me: Do you write yourself letters?
    Cust: No?
    Me: Then how do you know your address?
    06-19-09 09:26 PM
    Just flipping hilarious....this thread made my night....I am a VZW customer and have always had great service from VZW CSRs, so thanks!! Keep up the good work and please keep me laughing....I'm getting much more than I pay for now....
    06-19-09 11:18 PM
    Cust: Hey my phone isn't working
    Me: Okay, what's your telephone #?
    Cust: I don't know.. I don't call myself.
    Me: Do you write yourself letters?
    Cust: No?
    Me: Then how do you know your address?
    I absolutely love this...so great...I'm so going to use it!
    06-19-09 11:20 PM
1,313 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD