01-15-11 04:28 AM
1,313 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    This has been a very entertaining thread. It has also been educational. I know I will be especially careful when calling any customer service department from now on?
    06-15-09 06:01 AM
    I was actually in the Verizon store today and watched a lady scream at the rep and state "This is idiotic, I will never use Verizon again! I'm canceling and going on my sister's Alltel plan!" Somebody doesn't watch the news.
    Oh my God that's a good one. People say the darndest things.
    06-15-09 06:10 AM
    Lmao those are some good ones Dr Strangelove.
    06-15-09 06:11 AM
    These are so funny!! I am going to be entertained all day reading this....

I sell software and am shocked daily when I provide technical support! I could write a book...

Thanks for the entertainment.
    06-15-09 09:22 AM
    Ok how about a vzw rep story from a customer perspective...so I was IN a vzw store the other day waiting to pay my bill. I overheard a rep talking to a customer about getting a storm. The rep tells the customer that she has every customer sit down and play with a storm before she will sell it to her. So she proceeded to go to the back got a storm and say the customer down. The rep then said ok...you might notice some lag with this phone that's normal though all touch screen phones are loke that...............I then told the customer the truth about the storm and the .75 os telling her relief was IN site with .148 needless to say she bought the storm lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 10:36 AM
    I get a call from customer service aking if the cst can have a Blackberry without a data plan. I reply no, and asked why she wanted a BB w/o a data plan. CS rep stated that she had asked her that question. The answer was "I am a professional lady." I wondered for a few seconds what that meant.
    Wow, I'm a professional lady too. I've had this plumbing all my life.
    06-15-09 06:55 PM
    ever had anyone try to get you to activate a dummy phone?

..that they stole from YOUR STORE??

*hand raised*
    06-15-09 06:57 PM
    We had a lady throw a fit yesterday because of the $10 transfer fee, which we weren't even charging her. When she asked about us transferring her contacts and pictures, we told her "normally there's a $10 transfer fee, but you are a VIP so you get it for free."

Even when she left she was throwing a fit.

Oh oh oh...

And an old dude and his wife came in and she got mad because all of our sales reps were helping people so she had to wait literally two minutes before she was assisted. Then, while the sales rep was helping her pick out a phone, her husband went over to our manager and chewed him out for the music being too loud. He was using profanity and everything. He was all up in arms because we can't change the volume of the satelite radio we have (no one in the store has access to it). He said, "I'm sure a lot of your customers get p***ed about it." I almost choked when my manager said, "Actually, you're the only person to ever complain." The guy just turned and walked away.

Seriously, do people just have an overwhelming need to complain over nothing??? Is it a hobby for some people?
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 06-15-09 at 07:08 PM. Reason: "transfer", not "replacement"
    06-15-09 07:08 PM
    You will be hearing from their lawyer tomorrow I am sure
    06-15-09 07:24 PM
    Some people just get bored lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 07:29 PM
    LR everyone says they're going to sue us.
    06-15-09 07:47 PM
    LR everyone says they're going to sue us.
    It's the American way!
    06-15-09 08:33 PM
    final...and BEST call of the day...

customer: I just ported out from AT to VZW today. I need help transferring my contacts.
    me: What type of phone was your AT phone?
    cust: A samsung...
    *thinking to myself...grrrreat*
    me: Ok, well at this time the AT backup service and the VZW backup service aren't cross compatible. If you took your equipment to a VZW store they may be able to help you.
    cust: THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW?
    me: Sir, you did call AT. At this time we are operating as two separate companies. Even if there was something I could do to help you at this time, your acct with us is terminated because you ported out and therefore it would be difficult for me to assist you.
    cust: *Rants and raves for several minutes implying how stupid and useless I am for not being able to assist him. Asking inane questions but giving no time to answer, then finally stopping expecting some sort of answer*
    me: Is it my turn to speak now, sir?
    cust: *More crazy babbling stating was going to cancel service with VZW*
    me: Ok then sir, was that everything you had questions on tonight?
    *click*

this is insane...if you canceled service with AT&T (for example) and switched to T mobile, would you call ATT and throw a fit when they couldn't help you? NO! You no longer have service with them and they can't make their features/products compatible across providers at the push of a button!

again *facepalm*
    06-16-09 12:42 AM

Seriously, do people just have an overwhelming need to complain over nothing??? Is it a hobby for some people?
    Unfortunately, yes.
    06-16-09 09:59 AM
    Unfortunately, yes.
    I think a lot of people have problems in life where they just want to scream and yell at people, but they hold back and don't do it. Then they go home and call someone to yell at. It's easier to yell at someone you can't see and knowing they can't yell back. Punk bitches. Haha! But the people that go to stores and act ******** must have major issues. I don't know how someone can go into a place, screaming and yelling like a child and not be embarassed of themselves.
    06-16-09 11:18 AM
    Its just a proven fact, cell phone customers are the neediest, whiniest, most self indugled people on the planet.

Sorry sir, just because you signed a $29.99 a month contract with a samsung knack, doesnt warrant you the privelidge of being a buttdwiddler for no reason.

ive worked in alot of jobs, but selling phones (verizon now, att before) brought me the biggest group of crybaby assholes ive ever met

/rant

sorry, just had another dbag customer and needed to vent.

Evidently, a $1.50 processing fee for a cash bill payment warrants a temper tantrum from a 45 year old man.
    06-16-09 11:25 AM
    Its just a proven fact, cell phone customers are the neediest, whiniest, most self indugled people on the planet.

Sorry sir, just because you signed a $29.99 a month contract with a samsung knack, doesnt warrant you the privelidge of being a buttdwiddler for no reason.

ive worked in alot of jobs, but selling phones (verizon now, att before) brought me the biggest group of crybaby assholes ive ever met

/rant

Evidently, a $1.50 processing fee for a cash bill payment warrants a temper tantrum from a 45 year old man.
    I only have to disagree with you on the customers. Mine may not be the worst, but I get quite a few doozies as well. I'm in the moving industry.

Actual conversation with customer this morning:

Customer: When will you be delivering my stuff? (moving from Wpg to Toronto)
    Me: The first possible date of delivery is the 19th.
    Customer: Are you kidding!? I need my stuff by the 18th! I start work on Friday!
    Me: Ma'am, it takes 3 days to drive to Toronto from here. This was discussed with you by your sales consultant at the time you booked your move.
    Customer:He did not! He told me I would have it the next day!
    Me: Ma'am, I know for a fact that there is no way he would have told you that.
    Customer: And how could you possibly know that?
    Me: Two reasons ma'am. One, because it is patently impossible to get your shipment from Winnipeg to Toronto overnight. Two, I was your sales consultant.
    (I also do sales for the company part time, I run Operations full time)
    Customer: *click*

Side note: She called back about 15 minutes later and apologized for her behaviour. Apparently after our conversation, she called her husband, who assured her that I was correct, and went over the paperwork with her over the phone.

Trust me, I get some real wingnuts. But hey, if not for them, what would I post here?
    06-16-09 11:51 AM
    lololol

i think everyone should have to work in HR for a month, just to appreciate how they treat people.
    06-16-09 11:55 AM
    lololol

i think everyone should have to work in HR for a month, just to appreciate how they treat people.
    Heck, I've only gotten into the customer service side in this thread. It would take a whole different thread for me to get into the HR end of things.
    06-16-09 12:21 PM
    This thread is hilarious. I can't believe I haven't seen this yet.
    While not a Cell Phone Salesperson, I have worked in retail and sales in the past, and my all time favorite line from a customer was in college while working part time at an art store.
    After having come downstairs, a customer turns to me and a co-worker and asks, "Do these stairs go back up?"
    06-16-09 12:33 PM

ive worked in alot of jobs, but selling phones (verizon now, att before) brought me the biggest group of crybaby ive ever met

/rant

Trust me, we all know what u mean.........
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-19-09 at 12:43 PM. Reason: edit quote for language
    06-16-09 12:36 PM
    lol.. we just had a guy come back for the same problem twice today, nearly at the brink of tears bc he cant understand why we cant access his bill like "his old friends that used to work here" and knew him by name. (were an agent store, and can only access billing amounts by calling cs)

He also stated that alltel was about to lose a good customer and that he couldnt handle this.

lol.. i wanted to tell him that was the saddest story id ever heard, and that he should send it in to fmylife.com
    06-16-09 12:40 PM
    Not a verizon call, but:

me - go to webex.. Do you see the box in the middle that says "if you know the meeting number, enter it here and click Join"?

cust. - but I don't know the meeting number.
    06-16-09 04:29 PM
    Not a verizon call, but:

me - go to webex.. Do you see the box in the middle that says "if you know the meeting number, enter it here and click Join"?

cust. - but I don't know the meeting number.
    LOL. Webex teleconferences. God I love those. We've sat through how many of those at my office, and they still need me to set it up for them, even though the info is autofilled for them, all they have to do is click "Join"

I love being the only IT weenie in the office.
    06-16-09 04:32 PM
    I can't understand english and I want the people that call me to speak spanish.... um yeah is their something wrong with that??? the guy was expecting his phone to translate everything for him....
    06-16-09 04:33 PM
1,313 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD