08-31-13 11:13 AM
56 123
tools
    I'm here and elsewhere because I'm looking for workable solutions, such as, for example, being able to search and find txt in notes. Unlike every other version of BlackBerry, my notes would transfer over easily. Didn't happen with the Q10. Then, as to the notes I do have, and I have 100s, they are difficult to find, and the text within a note is not searchable. Maybe someone has figured out a simple solution to this rather surprising shortcoming in this phone. I haven't seen it yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:41 AM
    I'm here and elsewhere because I'm looking for workable solutions, such as, for example, being able to search and find txt in notes. Unlike every other version of BlackBerry, my notes would transfer over easily. Didn't happen with the Q10. Then, as to the notes I do have, and I have 100s, they are difficult to find, and the text within a note is not searchable. Maybe someone has figured out a simple solution to this rather surprising shortcoming in this phone. I haven't seen it yet.

Interesting point. When people pointed-out the new Search feature in Remember I thought it was for everything. But indeed it appears to search "titles" only.

I never liked Remember much, it seems awfully rudimentary. Perhaps that is why there are so many popular note-taking apps in BlackBerry World.
    08-29-13 02:19 PM
    You're probably right. Is there a good note taking app where the "find" feature works on the Q10? The "Noted" app publicized that it did. When I posted that it didn't work and therefore giving it 3 stars, BlackBerry took down my comment and the developer was insensed I wrote it in the first place. He said the "find" feature worked but it was a problem with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:31 PM
    You're probably right. Is there a good note taking app where the "find" feature works on the Q10? The "Noted" app publicized that it did. When I posted that it didn't work and therefore giving it 3 stars, BlackBerry took down my comment and the developer was insensed I wrote it in the first place. He said the "find" feature worked but it was a problem with the Q10.

Yeah, that's a subject of heated discussion around here a lot. I think that probably 70% of the negative reviews I've submitted for apps get pulled, and I am NOT in the habit of writing nasty negative reviews, I try to be reasonable and support my rating. It's too easy for reviews to be removed for self-serving reasons.

I had bookmarked a bunch of note apps in BlackBerry World but discovered all my bookmarks were deleted during an OS update, so I would have to go re-research that.
    08-29-13 04:08 PM
    Yep it screwed my sms/mms.. it won't let me delete sms and automatically puts people into an mms conversation from sms and adds them to the conversation so everyone is getting double txt

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:43 PM
    Had a solution to double txt by deleting the chat conversation. For some reason, the phone numbers of those contacts also got deleted. Not certain the cause. Then some contacts were just left out of the handheld altogether. Just re-sync'd via hard wire at the suggestion of the BlackBerry tech. Will see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:13 AM
56 123