08-31-13 11:13 AM
56 123
tools
    Btw, I updated ma stock Q just fine, reboot took about a minute longer than usual but no other issues.......loaded newest 10.2 on ma Z faster however lol

Posted by a Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.13xx
    08-22-13 09:36 PM
    Not liking the white calendar. Seriously, how difficult is it to provide a dark theme option?

Does anybody know if it is buried somewhere deep in the settings?

BBQ10
    08-22-13 10:03 PM
    Not liking the white calendar. Seriously, how difficult is it to provide a dark theme option?

Does anybody know if it is buried somewhere deep in the settings?

BBQ10
    Nope. There are a bunch of threads about this already from the people that have been installing the leaks.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:06 PM
    There is no option for screen display...once you update your calendar will be white background. No more sleek, sexy black.

White is awful! I called and complained and asked for the next update to include an option for background color...but not holding my breath!
    08-22-13 10:27 PM
    There is no option for screen display...once you update your calendar will be white background. No more sleek, sexy black.

White is awful! I called and complained and asked for the next update to include an option for background color...but not holding my breath!
    08-22-13 10:29 PM
    its not buried in settings, called and they said its now mandatory white. Yuk!
    08-22-13 10:30 PM
    Yeap hoping they do something about it

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:52 PM
    I'm getting that SMS bug w/txt delays, etc. Should not downloaded the update. I see no upside.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:06 AM
    The MR update up here in Canada took time to do during the device reboot stage of the update.
    Advice : LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET IT DO ITS THING AND ITS REBOOT. EVEN IF IT SEEMS NOTHING, LEAVE IT ALONE!
    My reboot part of my MR update here took like fifteen or so minutes.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:47 AM
    Noticed one additional problem... on a Q10, the update seems to have messed something up with the way symbols are entered into certain apps. For instance, there are two apps on my phone (which are android ports) that, after the update, will no longer register symbol entries into various fields. It's as if you aren't pressing any key at all. In other apps it works just fine. It seems there must be some connection with android port apps...

(and yes, it worked just fine prior to the update. Update ran smoothly as well, no issues)
    Last edited by Dashiell; 08-23-13 at 10:29 AM. Reason: extra info
    08-23-13 10:28 AM
    BlackBerry link not working!! No one will fix this Crackberry App for Q10!! Calendar is now white!!! wtf is going on!! Guess it's time to go back to gay *** android, ******* ******* can't get the job done right here!!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:32 PM
    Installed the new update. Not a happy camper... can only delete sms by clicking on/highlighting the SMS you want to delete, then click the box with the checkmark and then the trashcan icon. Ugggh I also have "phantom" MMS messages that I cannot correct. The calander app has gone white. (I loved the black!)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:30 PM
    Upgraded without issue. Took 30 minutes. Don't really like the new delete method for SMS messages. The old one had a bug too though. On the old release you long pressed an individual SMS message within a chat group of SMS messages and the "confirm delete" message appeared over the top of the message and stayed there. Then a long lag that made the next deletion get delayed. At least now that is fixed. I CAN live with the new way though since the lag is gone. The prob with the new way is that it unnecessarily requires too many presses to waste a whole chat group.

My only remaining question with this release and in 10.2 frankly is the radio software. Don't know what is supposed to be in those new versions. Out of all things in my phone I care most about call and signal quality.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:23 AM
    Ok the double mms text issue didn't happen again. Deleted the old conversation and started a new one. So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 06:54 PM
    I had to log back into my email accounts in the hub. All but my "edu" email account are back to normal. When trying to login into my edu email it just says "loading google application..." but never loads anything. Anyone know a fix?

I don't know if it was you, but someone else posted here recently about an issue with an EDU account hosted by Google. (Tried to find the post with forum search but couldn't find it)

Because of the new Google account setup / authentication system in recent BB10 releases, it's possible that some legacy EDU accounts that use Google don't work properly with that system.

If so, you can try using account setup and setting the various IMAP settings manually. Here are the basic settings:

What Are the Gmail IMAP Settings? - About Email
    08-25-13 04:51 PM
    Did the upgrade improve calendar presentation. My calendar is much clearer. Still wish that you could see the time of day while in the calendar.
    08-25-13 04:55 PM
    Did the upgrade improve calendar presentation. My calendar is much clearer. Still wish that you could see the time of day while in the calendar.
    You can peek to see the time. Just like in every other app.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:02 PM
    Been stuck on the lock screen at 100% for about an hour. Is that normal?
    08-25-13 06:38 PM
    I'm have the same issues (white calendar, duplicate txting, mms occurring when not required, delete not working, etc). S.Jobs would have fired a lot of folks over this. Maybe it's just too challenging to have a culture of excellence in a company that has not had this culture before.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:58 PM
    Does anyone know if the CalDav/Icloud issue was corrected with this update?
    08-26-13 06:23 PM
    Why are you here, then? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Maybe it's just too challenging to have a culture of excellence in a company that has not had this culture before.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:30 PM
    I'm have the same issues (white calendar, duplicate txting, mms occurring when not required, delete not working, etc). S.Jobs would have fired a lot of folks over this. Maybe it's just too challenging to have a culture of excellence in a company that has not had this culture before.

Posted via CB10
    I do recall a time when BlackBerry phones dominated the world market. So yes, there has been excellence in the past.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:18 AM
    I also had my first instance of the text messaging turning unannounced into MMS. Was in the middle of writing several text messages and suddenly got a pop-up saying that the subsequent messages would be in MMS format.

After that, I got several messages saying that those very same MMS messages were not delivered.

I wonder how to fix this. I restarted a texting conversation with the same person today, and straightaway, the messages were sent as MMS.

Hope BlackBerry releases a fix for this soon :-(.

BBQ10
    08-28-13 12:42 AM
    update has been good to me. the white calendar is better in some ways, although i do like the black theme. it seems a little snapier all around and their is a HUGE difference, as mentioned, in the settings.
    08-28-13 06:47 PM
    update has been good to me. the white calendar is better in some ways, although i do like the black theme. it seems a little snapier all around and their is a HUGE difference, as mentioned, in the settings.
    It is a huge improvement in the calendar, but do wish it was a black theme. The settings do seem to load up faster, is this what you were referring to? I used to get a black screen for a few seconds before getting the settings features.
    08-28-13 06:57 PM
56 123