I have to wait until next Wednesday to purchase online. I won't get it until the middle of June at this rate!
    05-17-10 08:07 PM
    Its supposedly a lack of parts issue. I read an article somewhere... Lemme look...

Here it is:
    Droid Incredible Update: Component Shortages Cause Delays, Verizon CEO Says It Will Outsell Motorola Droid - DeviceMAG

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 08:11 PM
    Its supposedly a lack of parts issue. I read an article somewhere... Lemme look...

Here it is:
    Droid Incredible Update: Component Shortages Cause Delays, Verizon CEO Says It Will Outsell Motorola Droid - DeviceMAG

Crap! Good read though. Thanks for posting.
    05-17-10 08:13 PM
    Good to know. I've been considering switching back to Verizon for better coverage in my area, but I'm not going to do it if the phone I would get is out of stock.
    05-18-10 08:52 AM
    Is it the end of the world that you have to wait a few weeks? Perhaps you can then get the new BB instead the 9650.
    05-18-10 09:30 AM
    I have to wait until next Wednesday to purchase online. I won't get it until the middle of June at this rate!
    Oh in that case the bold 9650 will be avail. first then ,maybe you should have pre ordered it.
    05-18-10 09:32 AM
    Pre-ordered mine...I'm so glad they didn't do a hold on employee orders!
    05-18-10 11:47 AM
    Ha ha ha, I'm glad that I preordered mine. My two local stores don't have it, but my local Best Buy has more than five.

05-18-10 07:28 PM
    When I called today the Rep said they'd be shipping out May 29th, but who knows.
    05-19-10 01:41 PM
    I dont understand why a company would release a phone but do not have enough units to sell to there customers
    Last edited by 1fastmr2; 05-19-10 at 06:50 PM.
    05-19-10 03:26 PM
    I dont understand why a company would release a phone but do not have enough units to dell to there customers
    That's not the case at all

Verizon Wireless CEO McAdam says Droid Incredible sales hurt by component shortages (Phone Arena News)
    05-19-10 06:25 PM
    Ok...again there are no parts to build the phone. No Parts No Phone. So why did Verison say......come on in and buy one today.
    05-19-10 06:53 PM
    Ok...again there are no parts to build the phone. No Parts No Phone. So why did Verison say......come on in and buy one today.
    There's part; just not enough to meet demand for the phone. It's still being sold, they just sell out immediately. I mean you can believe whatever you want, that's just the unfortunate circumstance with this high demand phone.
    05-19-10 11:39 PM
    Supply and demand... Items go out of stock when demand is high... This has been the case since the beginning of time... Try not to make it seem like VeriZon is the root cause of this evil...
    05-20-10 02:42 AM
    I hope they get it in soon!

BKVic
    05-20-10 03:16 PM
    Supply and demand... Items go out of stock when demand is high... This has been the case since the beginning of time... Try not to make it seem like VeriZon is the root cause of this evil...
    From what I was told from a friend the phones were recalled before they hit the stores. Im not 100% sure on that. I will never own one.
    05-20-10 05:07 PM
    Nope. Your friend couldn't be more wrong.
    05-21-10 01:38 PM
    Nope. Your friend couldn't be more wrong.
    OK what is it?? Why no phones???
    05-21-10 01:45 PM
    Here are a couple quotes from the first page of this thread...

Here it is:

05-22-10 02:32 AM
    Try calling a Best Buy

05-22-10 07:48 AM
    My two stores are out andhave been for a while. My Best Buy has 8 in stock.

05-22-10 10:40 AM
    Simple: supply cannot keep up with demand.
    05-22-10 10:47 AM
    Simple: supply cannot keep up with demand.
    I think he understands that, but isn't there a responsibility to make sure there will be a decent supply before release? Most smartphones have a waiting period where they are tough to find but this seems even more difficult.

05-22-10 11:07 AM
    I think he understands that, but isn't there a responsibility to make sure there will be a decent supply before release? Most smartphones have a waiting period where they are tough to find but this seems even more difficult.

This is the intent, but best laid plans of mice and men. Based on the all the droid phones released, there was not problem with stock. My wife has ordered this device and is having to wait two weeks. I understand that no one likes to wait. VZW can order all the devies they want, but if the manufacture cannot keep up, it is out of their control.
    05-22-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD