09-30-09 11:36 AM
137 ... 23456
tools
    I just don't get why they don't pay the $30 a month. It's a lot better than paying $.25/mb

People tend to underestemate their data usage, and then when they get a huge bill because they used more than they expected to, they cakk CS, cry foul and ask to be credited for it. I think this is why they are moving to require data plans and phase out pay as you to data.
    03-15-09 03:15 AM
    People tend to underestemate their data usage, and then when they get a huge bill because they used more than they expected to, they cakk CS, cry foul and ask to be credited for it. I think this is why they are moving to require data plans and phase out pay as you to data.
    You do not have to think it, I am sure this is one of many primary reasons for this. Also keep in mind that ALL PDA's/Smart phones released after Oct/Nov of 2008 require data plans
    03-15-09 09:25 AM
    After 11/14/08.
    03-15-09 03:20 PM
    Thank you- I can never remember if it was Oct or Nov.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-15-09 at 06:00 PM.
    03-15-09 03:34 PM
    No prob. Thanks for giving good information
    03-15-09 04:54 PM
    You do not have to think it, I am sure this is one of many primary reasons for this. Also keep in mind that ALL PDA's/Smart phones released after Oct/Nov of 2008 require data plans
    Exactly. They got tired of calls like I mentioned above and just implemented a blanket policy and I for one think it was a good thing. Frees their CS people up to take other calls and the consumer never has to worry about a data overage (unless tethering). I personally predict that other carriers will follow suit in time.
    03-15-09 07:18 PM
    i was poed too, its not like they are not already getting an arm and a leg, now the want the other leg too!
    03-15-09 08:27 PM
    We're working our way to your first born. muahahah
    03-15-09 09:31 PM
    BUM I am surprised at you. We are working enslaving the entire family.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-15-09 at 09:35 PM.
    03-15-09 09:32 PM
    You're not supposed to give away our plan!!
    03-15-09 09:33 PM
    Is it normal for me to have to do a battery pull each time is stop my tethering? My email will not push through unless I do a battery pull.
    03-16-09 12:22 AM
    Is it normal for me to have to do a battery pull each time is stop my tethering? My email will not push through unless I do a battery pull.
    No that is most certainly NOT normal.
    03-16-09 12:23 AM
    No that is most certainly NOT normal.
    Anyone have a fix for this then by chance? Because I have to do it EVERY time.
    03-16-09 12:44 AM
    This whole tethering thing sounds interesting lol
    03-16-09 12:45 AM
    so about how much use would use up your 5gb? as it is now this is my televison. how many shows could i watch before they give me the shaft?
    03-16-09 12:47 AM
    Anyone have a fix for this then by chance? Because I have to do it EVERY time.
    Do you disconnect form the netowork prior to unplugging the device?
    03-16-09 06:08 PM
    Yes I disconnect using VZaccess then unplug my BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 06:20 PM
    It sounds like there might be an issue in your TCP/IP stack or VZAccess causing a hangup. When you disconnect, it might not be communicating correctly between the two & a conflict is affecting things. Personally, I use Windows to connect for me, but that might not be your choice.

First thing I'd try is to delete your TCP stack, then restart your computer so it reloads it. Then reinstall VZAccess. This is very simple, but do it only if you are comfortable with playing with network settings.

03-16-09 07:57 PM
    It sounds like there might be an issue in your TCP/IP stack or VZAccess causing a hangup. When you disconnect, it might not be communicating correctly between the two & a conflict is affecting things. Personally, I use Windows to connect for me, but that might not be your choice.

First thing I'd try is to delete your TCP stack, then restart your computer so it reloads it. Then reinstall VZAccess. This is very simple, but do it only if you are comfortable with playing with network settings.

I am going to connect via windows and see if that works. I did not know you could do that, I thought you had to have VZAccess to connect.

Will let you know if that works. Thanks
    03-17-09 12:01 AM
    And if it doesn't, we may have a problem within your Berry, although I'd still think about dumping that stack.
    03-17-09 01:27 AM
    And if it doesn't, we may have a problem within your Berry, although I'd still think about dumping that stack.
    Well after tethering for about an hour or so, I disconnected and no emails. I did a battery pull and got the white screen of death. Took about 10 minutes longer to reboot, and when it came back up my calendar was empty, along with my contacts. I had to use BBM to restore my berry (thank god I backed it up today because I added allot of stuff) Anyway I am back using VZAccess for now, until I can figure out what is going on. It is not that big of a deal that I have to pull the battery. I plan on getting one of the new berrys that come out (well if they come out) in May or June so we will see.

I am not a computer person, so I am not sure what you mean when you talk about dumping the stack.
    03-17-09 01:48 AM
    if you are on the 29.99 BIS plan.. its $30.00 extra to tether.. 5gb
    The poster above you was correct, you are wrong. Standard BB Data plan is $29.99... The enhanced data plan is $44.99, which allows you to tether as well as use BES/BIS.
    03-17-09 04:17 AM
    The poster above you was correct, you are wrong. Standard BB Data plan is $29.99... The enhanced data plan is $44.99, which allows you to tether as well as use BES/BIS.
    Not sure which post you were replying to, but what you are saying is NOT correct for Verizon.

For Verizon, neither the $30 Email/Web for BB (BIS Only plan), nor the $45 Blackberry Unlimited Data (Bis/BES) allow for tethering.

As already stated in this thread...

For the $30 BIS Only plan, VZW's BroadBand Access (tethering) feature is $30.
    For the $45 Bis/Bes plan, VZW's BBA is $15...

i.e. your total = $60 for BB Data + Tether from VZW.
    03-17-09 06:37 AM
    So I have a blackberry storm with the data plan. From what I gathered in these threads:

1. There is a 5 GB limit per month
    2. There is a tethering option thru VZW, but its an additional $15/month

Since I was forced to get the data plan with the storm for $30/month, I should be able to use my 5 GB/month any way I want, including using 3rd party tethering options. Obviously you wouldn't want to torrent or stream video, but I was web-surfing on my laptop that should be allowed.
    03-27-09 01:09 PM
    So I have a blackberry storm with the data plan. From what I gathered in these threads:

1. There is a 5 GB limit per month
    2. There is a tethering option thru VZW, but its an additional $15/month

Since I was forced to get the data plan with the storm for $30/month, I should be able to use my 5 GB/month any way I want, including using 3rd party tethering options. Obviously you wouldn't want to torrent or stream video, but I was web-surfing on my laptop that should be allowed.
    No, it depends if you are a BES (corporate, $45/month access) or BIS (personal, $30/month access). If you are corporate it is $15 more a month (total $60) and if you are a personal user it is $30 more a month (total $60).

It would be nice to use that data any way you want, but that's not the way it works. Check out the OMG!!! HELP!!! thread here in the Verizon forum to see about web-surfing on your laptop without paying extra.
    03-27-09 01:27 PM
137 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD