07-10-09 03:20 PM
45 12
tools
    Have you forgotten about the Glyde hardware refresh already ???? About as close to a recall as you're gonna get, too.
    or that samsung winmo phone that dropped 3g. that was recent as well.
    07-01-09 10:09 AM
    Ok I got a question. Is there really a problem with the glyde cause my gf has that dang phone and we're on exchange number 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, there is. Samsung had to ditch the original touchscreen technology and completely redesign it I refuse to sell it. I don't even bother upgrading the software before replacing one anymore

07-01-09 11:44 PM
    Ok ive been reading a lot of these threads on this topic and all the people that seem to work for verizon. Your all basically that saying that if you cant duplicate an issue or the phone is working fine at the time when someone calls into get tech support. I know that I have called more than once and told that, or told that you cant upgrade the phone or some kind of "crap" i call it and i just ask for a manager and get what I need.
    Not trying to start anything but if anyone as far as support agents run into someone like myself or someone that isnt just gunna take the first or second thing out of your mouth. Verizon always folds. For the most part at least theres always different circumstances. Just giving my thought though.
    Lol..

I fold about as often as a new "I want to exchange my Storm for a free Tour" thread DOESN'T pop up around here.

If someone in our company screwed up, I'll call on it and fix it. It happens, we're not perfect. That being said, it doesn't happen anywhere near as often as customers would like it. I had a woman yell at me for 45 minutes straight about megabyte charges yesterday and got nothing. Not one damn red cent.

Don't worry guys, we know. You never go online, you never press the GIN button, you never dropped your phone, you know everything there is to know about your Storm and never did anything wrong.

Verizon Wireless is out to rob you blind. We're nothing but GPS locking, Wi-fi robbing, non-credit giving thieves that simply don't care about you, the customer.

We're all that, and above all, we're nothing if we're not low down, greedy, dirty, rotten, scoundrels.

In the immortal words of Gordon Gekko, GREED IS GOOD!

80 million+ people can't be wrong.
    Last edited by Fried Rice Mofo; 07-02-09 at 12:47 AM.
    07-02-09 12:42 AM
    Lol..
    Verizon Wireless is out to rob you blind. We're nothing but GPS locking, Wi-fi robbing, non-credit giving thieves that simply don't care about you, the customer.
    ROTFL!

Seriously, it's this "VZW IS OUT TO GET US!!!!" attitude that gets to us.

There's no conspiracy. Yes, the only thing we're out to get is money, but we're going to be nice about that, because being nice about it gets us more money in the end. We only ask that you be reasonable and logical, and you'll all find we'll do the same the same in our treatment of you, the customer.

Gee, did I sound a little evil there? How about this:

We don't exist to ruin your lives. It's a company, and companies exist to make money so silly little employees like us can eat, sleep, play video games, make house payments, etc, without worrying about constant layoff rumors. If we just up and gave out freebees to anyone who yelled at us, that oh-so-average middle-class life would not be possible. Considering VZW is flourishing despite the masses claiming we're in the next depression, we must be doing something right.
    07-02-09 12:59 AM
    My name is Chris. I'm a former Verizon Sales rep and have experienced the multi-fru personally so I speak from experience not some 5th hand story that was passed down to me.

My multi-fru experience was with a Treo 700P, probably the worst POS I've ever owned. I got my first 700P from a sales rep I went through training with in Phoenix which is where we Tucson reps go. It was only a few months old and still under warranty. About 3 months after purchasing it from him, it started suffering from random resets. Pushing the Main or Home button on the far right of the phone would make it reset. Hard resets did nothing and multiple contacts with tech support yielded no results. After about a week of that, Verizon agreed to replace it under warranty. Warranty phones are ALL FRUs. I know this, I've sent more than my share out as a rep.

DISCLAIMER: First thing you have to realize about a FRU is that is is factory reconditioned. It's a crap shoot at best. It might be a phone that some chick exchanged for a different color, or even a different model phone. Or, it could be the phone that the business man brought back that was seriously wigging out. It's shipped back, they supposedly play with it/fix it, then it's sent back out to someone like myself. Back to the story.........

FRU #1. So my first FRU arrives in the mail like promised. I didn't have it but about 3 days. The backlight for the keys refused to turn off. No matter what, no matter how many hard resets or talks with tech support, nothing would shut the backlight off. I was told eventually to ship it back and that they would ship another one out pronto. I never took it to the store for verification.

FRU #2. So my next FRU arrives in the mail as promised. Basically touching any button on the phone would sent it into fits of resetting. Nothing worked on this phone. It charged up, but that was about it. Trying to hot sycn, push any buttons, or do anything with the phone would cause it to reset itself. Again, I called tech-support. I informed them in detail of my situation. Again, after about a week of calls, they decided to ship another phone.

FRU #3. So, my next FRU arrives. Whew.....at this point I'm about to write off Palm for good. I was VERY frustrated to say the least. Well, I finally got a good one on the 3rd round. In fact, it's the phone I've had for almost 2 years.

Take it for what it's worth. Verizon does care about the customer. Is Verizon as a company money hungry and greedy as hell? Yup! I should know, I worked for em. Nickel and dime you to death they do, but I won't switch carriers. I have the best customer service and the strongest signal out there. Now, for those out there encouraged to try and get free phones through a multi-fru situation like mine, I don't advise it. The situations in which it is done are unique and rare. I personally happen to think that regular dumb phone FRUs are mostly good and that smart-phone FRUs are riddled with issues that are rarely solved before they are sent back out. That is my experience as a sales rep and as a customer with personal experience. Take it for what it's worth.
    07-06-09 11:04 PM
    See thats the funny thing...somehow the other thread I started got deleted but everyone says that I'm full of s***. But the funny thing is, I'm not...Everything that I said and every example I made is all true and not fabricated at all. People can believe whatever they want but...So in all honesty its not a fantasy at all just how hard you push or how much s*** you give them to see how much they take care of you
    That's the thing though....you have to call about 20 times to get ANYTHING done when you have issues. Then, just when you think you're lost, Verizon works a miracle.......story of my experience both as a rep and as a customer.
    07-07-09 12:01 AM
    ROTFL!

Seriously, it's this "VZW IS OUT TO GET US!!!!" attitude that gets to us.

There's no conspiracy. Yes, the only thing we're out to get is money, but we're going to be nice about that, because being nice about it gets us more money in the end. We only ask that you be reasonable and logical, and you'll all find we'll do the same the same in our treatment of you, the customer.

Gee, did I sound a little evil there? How about this:

We don't exist to ruin your lives. It's a company, and companies exist to make money so silly little employees like us can eat, sleep, play video games, make house payments, etc, without worrying about constant layoff rumors. If we just up and gave out freebees to anyone who yelled at us, that oh-so-average middle-class life would not be possible. Considering VZW is flourishing despite the masses claiming we're in the next depression, we must be doing something right.

Ok, your right companies do exist to make money and i have no problem with that. I have a problem when you pay god amounts of money every month for service. I have no idea what it cost verizon to put a phone in my hand and give me service verse what they make nor do i really care, because i would probably get very pissed at how much the difference is.
    The whole thing is; i'm the kind of person that I will pay a lot of money for certain thing...actually for everything. I will pay for the best phone...i will pay for the best coverages...i usually get the best of the best...but in turn when i pay for the best of the best i expect to be taken care of and treated with respect, not shown the door or shown another bill for something else.
    So yeah I buy a certain phone and something is going wrong with it, ive been around to long and see too many people that dont stand up for themselves get walked all over and pay huge bills because they think that the first thing verizon says is law and that nothing will make a difference so they just give up and say oh well that sucks...well i guess i dont have a choice heres my credit card.
    No offense but screw that. I will never just let someone tell me well sir bla bla bla. If i know that what you just told me is a bunch of bulls*** then im calling you on it. Ill ask for you manager and escalate something as high as i have to, to get what i need to get.
    Again no offense but all verizon cares about is making money from me. So to make money from me you have to earn it. That goes for my family and friends as well. You want them or us as clients and want to make $100.00 a month or more for services rendered then you have to deal with someone who doesnt just bend over and die if you say no.
    07-07-09 05:39 PM
    I had very poor CS in the corporate stores by me in NE PA, when I spoke with a CS supervisor and explained how I went through 5 curves in 3 months they Apologized..swapped me out for a storm (that is working great!) and even credited me the original purchase price. Originally when I went into the corp store they said no and because they dont get any commission on a multi-fru to call CS, they noted the account that they said no but the 611 CS rep said not to wory and helped me ALOT..
    07-07-09 10:23 PM
    I had very poor CS in the corporate stores by me in NE PA, when I spoke with a CS supervisor and explained how I went through 5 curves in 3 months they Apologized..swapped me out for a storm (that is working great!) and even credited me the original purchase price. Originally when I went into the corp store they said no and because they dont get any commission on a multi-fru to call CS, they noted the account that they said no but the 611 CS rep said not to wory and helped me ALOT..
    Glad you had a good resolution and glad you're enjoying your storm.
    07-08-09 12:08 AM
    And that's how it's supposed to happen. Verizon is a massive company. Their revenue each year is in the Billions. Yes, I said billions. Verizon, as a company, I really do believe does try to keep customers happy. That would be why Verizon has the lowest Churn (customers leaving to go to another company) than any other wireless carrier. It was less than 1 percent when i was working there.

Most Reps that I personally knew and worked with and managers as well for that matter, actually would go out of their way to work with the customer on repeat issues. The original V3 Razor was one of the ones I had to deal with when I was a rep. Oh, and don't even get me started on the original LG Chocolate....that horrible POS of a phone.... Unlike those that claim to be reps on here, most reps really will go above and beyond to help the customer. I was one of these reps when I was at Verizon.
    07-08-09 02:24 AM
    I really hope you're not referencing to me Nate. Going above and beyond for the customer can easily be done without giving them everything they ask for, especially when that thing can not be done.

You can't buy customer loyalty. BTW Revenue != Net Income.
    07-08-09 02:42 AM
    And that's how it's supposed to happen. Verizon is a massive company. Their revenue each year is in the Billions. Yes, I said billions. Verizon, as a company, I really do believe does try to keep customers happy. That would be why Verizon has the lowest Churn (customers leaving to go to another company) than any other wireless carrier. It was less than 1 percent when i was working there.

Most Reps that I personally knew and worked with and managers as well for that matter, actually would go out of their way to work with the customer on repeat issues. The original V3 Razor was one of the ones I had to deal with when I was a rep. Oh, and don't even get me started on the original LG Chocolate....that horrible POS of a phone.... Unlike those that claim to be reps on here, most reps really will go above and beyond to help the customer. I was one of these reps when I was at Verizon.
    We still have a prepaid box Razr at our store... It's sitting in the back collecting dust because we basically refuse to sell it.
    07-08-09 08:16 AM
    Folks,

This is a thread about Multi FRU exchanges, not a VZW Reps against us poor customers thread!!!! I have deleted 17 posts that were either off topic or argumentative. Lets get this back on topic, AND.....

..... from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-08-09 at 08:39 AM. Reason: general warning!
    07-08-09 08:22 AM
    if you look at the thread i started...i tried to make a thread about getting nowhere with verizon but it got deleted so thus i am forced to respond here
    07-08-09 12:32 PM
    I just got granted a multi fru from a cs rep. from a storm to a Tour. She also said that it was noted in my account and I could even pick up my Tour at any VZW store. I questioned if they would honor the fru thing and she assured me they would. I had about a fru but hope it works out.
    07-08-09 10:42 PM
    Not to rain on the parade, Gabulldawg, but if CS approves you for a multifru and it's outside the policy, they have to send you that phone when it's available. Also, once the Tour launches in stores, it will probably be a couple weeks before you can get one because they will be out of stock so quickly. The fastest way is to call back to CS and have them ship you one direct from the warehouse, because if you go into a store, much like the Storm when it launched, they're going to be sold out in a couple hours.
    07-09-09 10:36 AM
    Not to rain on the parade, Gabulldawg, but if CS approves you for a multifru and it's outside the policy, they have to send you that phone when it's available. Also, once the Tour launches in stores, it will probably be a couple weeks before you can get one because they will be out of stock so quickly. The fastest way is to call back to CS and have them ship you one direct from the warehouse, because if you go into a store, much like the Storm when it launched, they're going to be sold out in a couple hours.
    I received a multi-fru concession here at a Hampton ROADS store.....the manager was very polite......too bad verizon couldnt keep me as a customer
    07-09-09 04:21 PM
    Khrystal you read my mind. I called my local VZW store to verify the fru and they said that the tour wasnt in the matrix for a storm replacement and the best they could do was replace my storm. I then called CS and asked them to ship me the Tour from their stockpile. So I will have to wait a day or more for my tour but Im not complaining.
    07-10-09 03:55 AM
    I'm definitely glad you're getting your Tour. I know the feeling, too. I've been waiting months for the Tour to launch... What's waiting a couple more days to get mine? By the way, any accessories that you purchased for your Storm from Verizon that are not compatible with your Tour are covered by the multi-exchange policy as long as we can track down a receipt.

07-10-09 06:31 AM
    I'm definitely glad you're getting your Tour. I know the feeling, too. I've been waiting months for the Tour to launch... What's waiting a couple more days to get mine? By the way, any accessories that you purchased for your Storm from Verizon that are not compatible with your Tour are covered by the multi-exchange policy as long as we can track down a receipt.

I think my receipts can be chalked up as MIA. If I can get the right rep he may do it without a receipt...you get to know the employees fairly well after a few exchanges and troubleshooting problems Hopefully with my new rock solid Tour, I my days of fru'ing are over. Thanks for your advise.
    07-10-09 03:20 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD