Ported from Sprint last Wednesday and had a tour with them.

Now at Verizon also with a tour, running 5.0.591

So far on my second tour.

Would like to get honest answers before my 30 days to decide if I want to stay. So far the stores and CS and tech support havent helped.

Emails from gmail and yahoo are getting delivered to my device about 50% of the time. The other times, they are going straight to the trash folder on the email on the computer. Other times, they are getting delivered then marked as read on the BB. Or they are getting delivered and then right away taken off the BB and when I check the email on the computer, they are in the trash folder. These are emails from people in my address book and first time emails. I use this mostly for business and its not good. BTW running BIS.

Next, browser is VERY slow if working at all, many times I have to do a battery pull. And there is the link click issue, which we all know about however Verizon denies.

Any thoughts or fixes?

Is this because its Verizon or the OS? Because none of this happened with the tour I had with Sprint.

Thanks in advance for the advice you are offering.
    05-18-10 12:36 PM
    I can't help with gmail or yahoo as I use the gmail app.

Browsing was never an issue on the Tour, but my expectations were fairly low. Rarely had to do a battery pull. There is an issue selecting links using the trackball, but I never used the trackball, I always used the enter/return key.
    05-18-10 01:50 PM
    Yes, it is the Verizon Os that is giving you the issues. Especially the click thing. Supposedly there is an update to fix the click. Just wipe the phone and install another carriers OS. It will work much better. Ironically enough, im running the Sprint OS on my Verizon tour, works great.
    05-18-10 01:52 PM
    Verizon's OS is Junk. Sprints newest release still has click issues.

I would suggest trying .643 Beta if your willing.

Good OS thus far.. No click issue and blazing fast browser.

Also with you email issue. Sounds like Gmail account is messed up or your BIS is screwy
    05-18-10 01:53 PM
    Verizon's OS is Junk. Sprints newest release still has click issues.

I would suggest trying .643 Beta if your willing.

Good OS thus far.. No click issue and blazing fast browser.

Also with you email issue. Sounds like Gmail account is messed up or your BIS is screwy
    +1 Get on 643.
    05-18-10 01:55 PM
    saw a verizon rep today at best buy, he said it might be that my computer has been infected with a phishing virus and that someone has my email passwords. any thoughts?
    05-18-10 07:48 PM
    Possible... Not likely, but I still might change all your passwords just in case, then do normal computer scareware troubleshooting...

As far as the phone goes, I would delete your e-mail accounts from the BIS, then once you've changed your password from your computer, re-add them.

Delete all of your service books from the advanced options menu.

And re-register through the Host Routing Table.
    05-20-10 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD