Like, Can I buy apps that make my phone run slow...or you know, Make it freeze... Or Can I download anything on ym bb?
    06-25-09 09:08 PM
    YEs there are applications that are known to do this. Also the more you load you less memory, and leaving applications open will slow and freeze the phone
    06-25-09 09:58 PM
    It's a safe bet to grab App World from blackberry.com and just get your apps from that if you're unsure about finding safe places to get apps from. Makes everything really simple too if you're new to BB
    06-25-09 10:16 PM
    I've found that the BIGGEST culprit of a blood-sucking RAM/memory nightmare and overall system resources (thus causing me lag and the spewing of random obscenities at my BB) *IS* AppWorld. They also, for reasons I am unable to determine, rotate the "Featured Apps" almost NEVER and, honestly, there HAS to be something better out there than a golf-green finder!
    06-25-09 11:03 PM
    honestly, there HAS to be something better out there than a golf-green finder!
    hahaha you'd think so
    I guess I never noticed if App World was a space hog or not, I just suggested it cause OP was asking about apps that'll crash you... shouldn't find any of those on App World... i hope
    06-25-09 11:47 PM
    Oh you will find them there, as well as apps that don't play well with others.

Quite possibly, the number one source of smartphone problems is third-party apps and indiscriminate installations. People grab these things (especially WinMos with the huge selection of apps), throw on all these apps, then wonder why it doesn't work properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD