08-15-10 08:28 PM
26 12
tools
    Hey Everyone....Just a simple Question is Verizon going to be getting any new device by the end of the year that is going to have OS 6? I am due for an new phone/contracts up in November and trying to decide on what I am going to dooo.......
    08-05-10 07:55 AM
    Well not a phone I don't think, but who knows. The big rumor is a BB tablet/pad running Os6 that can use your own BB to browse the web.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 09:06 AM
    RIM is talking about rolling out the new Torch 9800 to other carriers besides the dreaded AT&T! We'll have to wait and see if Verizon is one of them. OS. 6 might come first.....

08-05-10 09:16 AM
    Storm3?
    08-05-10 09:20 AM
    I have the Curve 8330....def. looking at the Bold in November or even a Storm 3 if one were to come out...I like the look of the Torch but kinda of warry about the sliding keyboard....? any thoughts???
    08-05-10 10:34 AM
    As far as anyone knows right now there is no such thing as a. Storm 3 so forget that. The 9800 is an AT&T exclusive in the US so forget that as well. There is some evidence that the Storm 2 is being improved a slight amount in order to be able to run OS6. That is about all you can look forward to now, although there are rumors and speculation about the possibility of a clamshell style phone for Verizon. Nothing official or even a timeframe so I'd ignore that for now too.

08-05-10 12:52 PM
    If you are an early STORM1 owner like me, doesn't look like BB is going to be a real choice when it comes to upgrading anytime this year.

We can hope that RIM has something hidden away in the cellar somewhere that they are tinkering with, and that poor reception the underpowered 9800 received will push them to turn it into a real powerhouse of a device.... (we can hope!)
    08-05-10 04:14 PM
    I think a better question would be: Is there something incredibly different coming? Given RIM's penchant for refreshing devices, "new" doesn't exactly cut it anymore. Different might not even be enough. Just look at the Torch. It's different, but specs-wise it could have been released 3-4 years ago.
    08-05-10 04:46 PM
    Based on curent rumor you'll get the Odin Refresh which is a storm 2 with 512 memory and a 5 MP camera. The clamshell is also expected some time soon. Then there is the storm 3 which will be 4g and hopefully a much larger update than the Torch. It may be the first next gen BB.

Again all rumours. Mostly compiled on this site and a few othe blogs that recycle all the same info.

08-05-10 05:25 PM
    I would thin you'd see the 9670 and *possibly* a 9130? And since the pad will not be based on a carrier, everyone should be carrying it.

08-05-10 05:29 PM
    I'm waiting on BlackBerry 6 and if i don't like it I'm going to an HTC android.
    08-05-10 06:10 PM
    I like Blackberry for email but the browser stinks. My tour is ok but when OS6 comes around I want something new. I am not leaving Verizon so I guess its 9650 or start looking at the androids.

08-05-10 06:38 PM
    I have a storm 1 and running OS 5. I have gotten so used to this that I love it. I am due an upgrade mid August and would be willing to wait if they are coming out with a Storm 3. Just leave the slider off and you already have a Storm 3.
    08-05-10 09:27 PM
    I'm waiting on BlackBerry 6 and if i don't like it I'm going to an HTC android.
    Two things about Android "Data Mining"
    08-06-10 10:29 AM
    How come Verizon, being as huge as it is, seems to always be last getting new devices like the Torch, OS6, etc?? I really like BB messenger. Thats the only thing keeping me from going to a Droid
    08-06-10 10:14 PM
    I really like BB messenger. Thats the only thing keeping me from going to a Droid
    agreed i actualy switched to a samsung moment from my tour before i decided to switch to VZW and get the S2 and i mean dont get me wrong the android and the samsung were really cool and it was fun to use but it took me 4 days of no BBM to say F this and go get my conract reset and took it back to the store but i love my S2 and i just got it not that long ago but i am interested in seeing what VZW gets as far as OS6 and im interested in the "blackpad"
    08-07-10 12:09 AM
    I have the Bold 9650 and LOVE it. I am definitely hoping the new OS and browser are released soon. But so far I am not having problems with the current 5.0
    08-07-10 12:19 AM
    Since we are going to be locked into 2 year contracts, I wish Verizon were more forthcoming with their phone releases. You don't have to be terribly specific - just something like "Droid 2 - August/September" ..."Storm2 Refresh - Q4"

Random leaks of pictures and then suddenly BAM, Droid 2 coming out this week! It leaves me unsure of the future and if I should wait longer.
    08-07-10 11:54 AM
    i am also up for a new phone around october. a buddy just got the droid x, and another the storm 2, both look great, but i love my BB curve 8330. BBM is great, but so is google talk, which all phones can have. i have verizon and wondering if something new and good from BB is coming, or i will also try out a droid.
    08-07-10 12:47 PM
    Im wanting the Storm 3. Im pretty confident that Verizon will have one in the future. Ive used a droid phone and i dont really like them. My main features of using a phone are social. So the fact that it doesnt have real apps with real notifications sucks. Dont like the text messaging or the fact that you have to flash the rom to get a real theme. So i will stick with my BB. Cant wait to see what new BB series Verizon roles out.
    08-07-10 08:24 PM
    I Just leave the slider off and you already have a Storm 3.
    Don't say that! I want my Surepress.

08-08-10 01:11 AM
    if anything i would say storm 3? if it even ever..comes out
    08-08-10 01:39 AM
    How come Verizon, being as huge as it is, seems to always be last getting new devices like the Torch, OS6, etc?? I really like BB messenger. Thats the only thing keeping me from going to a Droid
    I agree! they need to step up the blackberry game! Its so annoying that we have the best service, but the worst phones! The storm isn't even an option at this point!
    08-14-10 04:21 PM
    I agree! they need to step up the blackberry game! Its so annoying that we have the best service, but the worst phones! The storm isn't even an option at this point!
    They were the first with a touchscreen blackberry (Storm -- yes, not an option for you but definitely a viable option for many) and the first to release OS5.0.

I also don't get everyone's groaning about RIM continuing to issue "refreshes" to their devices. Ummm, let's compare to the iPhone. Ever since the first version came out, each year has been a simple refresh to both the OS and to the form. And with the iPhone in the US, you only have one choice for style and carrier (excluding color). And, on top of that, many of the things Apple has been building into its phone (flash for the camera, MMS, tethering) have long been available on the blackberry. The only thing blackberry is missing is a more solid browser, which may be a point rendered moot by OS6.0.

Thank you.
    08-15-10 04:12 PM
    They were the first with a touchscreen blackberry (Storm -- yes, not an option for you but definitely a viable option for many) and the first to release OS5.0.

I also don't get everyone's groaning about RIM continuing to issue "refreshes" to their devices. Ummm, let's compare to the iPhone. Ever since the first version came out, each year has been a simple refresh to both the OS and to the form. And with the iPhone in the US, you only have one choice for style and carrier (excluding color). And, on top of that, many of the things Apple has been building into its phone (flash for the camera, MMS, tethering) have long been available on the blackberry. The only thing blackberry is missing is a more solid browser, which may be a point rendered moot by OS6.0.

Thank you.
    Good point...I think I'm just ready for a better browser and pretty much sick of my tour, want to upgrade! but the bold isn't too much different from what I have now, and the storm isn't an option because of touch screen.....maybe once OS6 comes out I'll change my mind about the bold

08-15-10 04:22 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD