Hi everyone,
    Uhhh, what a mess that I just discovered. I've been looking to get the Incredible ever since it was mentioned a couple months ago and discovered that last July '09, the local VZW store f-ed me and knocked me from the Primary line to the Secondary, thus throwing away my $100 NE2 credit for a new phone.

When my Razr crapped out in June '08, I went in and got the BBPearl for free with my then NE2 credit of $100, so my new 2yr now runs out 5/31/10. I was the Primary line, no problem. Then last January, my then fiancee and I decided to combine our Individual plans to the Family plan. Still, I was the Primary line. But then in July '09, my wife's Razr finally gave in and she got the LG Env. THIS is when the local store f-ed up and for some weird reason made her line the Primary and bumped me to Secondary. Our monthly bill has been the same dollar amount for months, so I never thought of looking at the bill.
    Until this past weekend, I called up VZW about the pre-order for the Incredible and they said that while my 20months is up and I could get it for $199 for 2-yr. I thought, hmm, that's odd, my 2-yr is up 5/31/10, which the rep said it is, but being the Secondary line, you were eligible for a new phone since January. Noooooooooo!!!

I stopped by the same store on the way home from work today and told my story to one of the salespersons who re-iterated to the store mngr, who just shrugged and said 'Uh, NO', when she asked if they can re-instate my NE2 for $100 expiring on 5/31/10.

Is there really nothing I can do? I know a lot of time has passed, but I'm sorry, the store f-ed up and I should still be in my NE2 for $100 credit. AND they should move me up to the 29th so I can get the Incredible on first day!!! hahaha... Now that would make things right.. Get the phone for $99 with the credit and get it first day

Anyone have any problem like this and/or any information on what I can do? Or do I just have to forgetaboutit?

Thanks!
    04-19-10 09:23 PM
    You would not get the NE2 on your line back as a second line because you are no longer eligible. I'm sorry that your dates were changed but even if they change you back you would need to be the Primary for at least 3 months before you would qualify for any amount. Perhaps talk with a Sup and hope the are sympathetic to the situation because you are not entitled to a NE2 on that line anymore. if anything you can still get the Incredible with the standard 2 year cost...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Yea, I guess I own this bomb and just never noticed the switch last year. It's not the end of the world, as next weekend is my b-day and have told friends/wife to get my some AmEx or VISA gift cards so I can just buy the Incredible (hopefully for free!) and get some lower price than the $199.

I have the original/long print out receipt that lists me when we got the Family Plan as the Primary and then another receipt in July that has me listed as the Secondary. I could try another store since I've already tried at the original store that messed up, but maybe with the receipts showing the mess, it might work. But I'm probably wishing

Like you said, I guess if I was switched back to the Primary I have to wait and I really can't. My BBPearl has been dying a slow death since January! That's why I'm going to get a 1-yr contract with the Incredible because after 1-1.5yrs, it seems my luck runs out! haha..

Thanks again... Sucks I gotta lose the $100, but oh wells..
    04-19-10 10:06 PM
    Oh, one more thing if I may ask. My wife's 20month is up in March 2011. Her LG Env has been also giving her problems by turning off by itself for no reason at least once a week. Do you think if I mention my other mess and this, that they would move her up to an early upgrade like next week too?
    Looks like some people are getting early bumps and only have to pay $20 fee to do their early upgrade. Not too shabby..

Thanks again..
    04-19-10 10:08 PM
    I don't know how they could bump you and make her line the primary. If you were the primary, they had to have your permission to make changes, unless you had her on the account and her having permission needs to be set up from customer care with your approval. A store cannot make switches like that and customer care knows this.
    If they did this unknowing to you, then I think you need to call customer care and speak to a supervisor. I sold wireless for over 3 yrs and only Primary account holders could make changes to the account.
    Which model on the Env lineup ? If you have insurance on the phone, then asurion can replace it for you with your deductible being paid. You should take it to a Verizon store and have a tech look at it. It has to repeat the issue for the them. If still under warranty they should replace it but if not, then they will tell you asurion if you have insurance. And sometimes the 20 fee is waived. I have had issues and offered early upgrade and they waived the fee.
    good luck
    04-19-10 11:32 PM
    I don't know how they could bump you and make her line the primary. If you were the primary, they had to have your permission to make changes, unless you had her on the account and her having permission needs to be set up from customer care with your approval. A store cannot make switches like that and customer care knows this.
    If they did this unknowing to you, then I think you need to call customer care and speak to a supervisor. I sold wireless for over 3 yrs and only Primary account holders could make changes to the account.
    Which model on the Env lineup ? If you have insurance on the phone, then asurion can replace it for you with your deductible being paid. You should take it to a Verizon store and have a tech look at it. It has to repeat the issue for the them. If still under warranty they should replace it but if not, then they will tell you asurion if you have insurance. And sometimes the 20 fee is waived. I have had issues and offered early upgrade and they waived the fee.
    good luck
    You sold wireless for over 3 years.. 5 years ago?

Looks like he did an AOL and combined 2 accounts or atleast 2 single line plans, as he said into one family share plan. So he did give them consent to change one of the lines to a secondary line.

OP, were the lines under 2 accounts when this started, and whos name is it under now?

~Archer
    04-20-10 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys!

SuperMario - Yea, I figured that too much time has passed since last July and only discovering this now.

Jude - Your right, I did not give the salesperson any consent to switch me from Primary to Secondary lines. I just never paid attention and the bill is always the same dollar amount every month, so I didn't notice until know when gearing up the Droid Incredible coming out. Oh and no insurance on either of our phones... Just never wanted to pay extra for it.

Archer - Yup, my now wife and I both had VZW Individual plans and just combined into a Family Plan to save money. At that time (Jan '09), I was still listed as the Primary and her as the Secondary. It was when she got a new phone in July '09 when somehow the salesperson switched us. Everything has been in my name and address since day 1. When we both took our Individual plans and made a single Family plan, I was still the primary account name and used my same home address for the billing/etc.

The good thing though is that I emailed VZW via their website Monday evening saying that I wanted to hopefully get an email or call from a Mngr/Supervisor level to at least see that if I can't get my NE2 re-established and with a $100 upgrade, then maybe just credit my account $100 at least.
    I got a call today from a VZW rep and she did the latter! So, at least I get $100 off my next bill. And she threw in another 10% discount on both of our lines for 1yr and switched my # back to the Primary. Yea, my wife lost her $50 NE2 that would be up 3/11, but she barely uses her phone for only checking her Gmail and using basic phone functions. I'm the "power user" of the family. LOL... So I need the upgrades more

So, just wanted to say thanks to you all for posting and I'm very happy this ended on a positive note!
    04-21-10 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys!

SuperMario - Yea, I figured that too much time has passed since last July and only discovering this now.

Jude - Your right, I did not give the salesperson any consent to switch me from Primary to Secondary lines. I just never paid attention and the bill is always the same dollar amount every month, so I didn't notice until know when gearing up the Droid Incredible coming out. Oh and no insurance on either of our phones... Just never wanted to pay extra for it.

Archer - Yup, my now wife and I both had VZW Individual plans and just combined into a Family Plan to save money. At that time (Jan '09), I was still listed as the Primary and her as the Secondary. It was when she got a new phone in July '09 when somehow the salesperson switched us. Everything has been in my name and address since day 1. When we both took our Individual plans and made a single Family plan, I was still the primary account name and used my same home address for the billing/etc.

The good thing though is that I emailed VZW via their website Monday evening saying that I wanted to hopefully get an email or call from a Mngr/Supervisor level to at least see that if I can't get my NE2 re-established and with a $100 upgrade, then maybe just credit my account $100 at least.
    I got a call today from a VZW rep and she did the latter! So, at least I get $100 off my next bill. And she threw in another 10% discount on both of our lines for 1yr and switched my # back to the Primary. Yea, my wife lost her $50 NE2 that would be up 3/11, but she barely uses her phone for only checking her Gmail and using basic phone functions. I'm the "power user" of the family. LOL... So I need the upgrades more

So, just wanted to say thanks to you all for posting and I'm very happy this ended on a positive note!
    That's great! Sometimes it helps to e-mail them. They have more options on the Interent Team...
    04-22-10 02:52 AM
    I always check the bill.
    04-22-10 04:25 AM
    If you don't ask the answer is already "No".
    I always ask.
    04-22-10 01:08 PM
    True. Which envy is it. I went throught five of them. In three months had a cs tell me its a known problem. The sent me a alias 2, as a replacement. They used it as my upgrade w|o letting me know. I told them I wanted to get the storm gave me my upgrade on the spot. My contract up in may, but my upgrade was next jan. Point is they may let you upgrade the envy to the increadible. If envy is shutting off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD