07-16-09 07:11 PM
33 12
tools
    Why is that we are getting pushed now slacker radio? I dont want a radio on my phone! I dont care if you live next to a tower, streaming radio over the internet is just not practical and does not work as it should. Where I live you may as well cover your body in aluminum foil and attach yourself to a 220v outlet to get streaming radio.

So I called and asked why do we have to get pushed this crap? Answer, I dont know! Thats what I was told!

HEY VERIZON!!! We have smart phones, most of us are SMART! I think we can decide what we do and do not want on our phones!

And yes I have tried Iheartradio on my phone and in my humble opinion it just does not work well. I used to have an old Nokia that had a FM radio on it, and it worked just fine, if I want a radio, I will just carry a mini radio!

So I am done with my rant. I hope crackberry users will get behind me and maybe someone somewhere at Verizon will understand that we have the ability to choose what we want on our phones and stop pushing us stuff we dont want! I am not holding my breath.

07-16-09 02:04 PM
    Highlight > Menu Button > Hide
    07-16-09 02:10 PM
    Don't you always get stuff pushed you don't need? Options>Advanced>Applications>remove those hoes
    07-16-09 02:12 PM
    Its not the app, you have to download it first, I believe its just an icon that is a shortcut.

This forum is fun all people do is ***** about stuff and fight eachother!
    07-16-09 02:15 PM
    slacker wasnt on my tour
    07-16-09 02:37 PM
    Really that big of a deal? Verizon is just allowing less tech savvy people realize the capabilities of their phones. I download slacker and love it, if it were pushed that would be a nice surprise. I guess they probably could have a better explanation than, "I don't know". But as we know, there is a huge communication gap over there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:40 PM
    It wasn't on my tour>
    07-16-09 02:41 PM
    For real...
    07-16-09 02:42 PM
    Its not the app, you have to download it first, I believe its just an icon that is a shortcut.

This forum is fun all people do is ***** about stuff and fight eachother!
    Exactly. It's just a shortcut to the dl page.
    07-16-09 02:44 PM
    Why is that we are getting pushed now slacker radio? I dont want a radio on my phone! I dont care if you live next to a tower, streaming radio over the internet is just not practical and does not work as it should. Where I live you may as well cover your body in aluminum foil and attach yourself to a 220v outlet to get streaming radio.

So I called and asked why do we have to get pushed this crap? Answer, I dont know! Thats what I was told!

HEY VERIZON!!! We have smart phones, most of us are SMART! I think we can decide what we do and do not want on our phones!

And yes I have tried Iheartradio on my phone and in my humble opinion it just does not work well. I used to have an old Nokia that had a FM radio on it, and it worked just fine, if I want a radio, I will just carry a mini radio!

So I am done with my rant. I hope crackberry users will get behind me and maybe someone somewhere at Verizon will understand that we have the ability to choose what we want on our phones and stop pushing us stuff we dont want! I am not holding my breath.

Chill, man...as has already been stated, it's just the icon and you can hide it. Also, Slacker is an awesome app that allows you to cache a boatload of music of all types to your memory card. Works very well once you complete the process..and it is free! ...no streaming.

07-16-09 03:00 PM
    [QUOTE
    /QUOTE]

I deal with people with smart phones on a daily basis....news flash!!!....most ain't that smart.
    07-16-09 03:02 PM
    JDnLou......

most ain't that smart!

typed from a person truly that has had a classical education!
    Thanks for your two pennies, your probably the last rep from Verizon I talked to about the problem.
    07-16-09 03:18 PM
    [QUOTE
    /QUOTE]

I deal with people with smart phones on a daily basis....news flash!!!....most ain't that smart.
    Just had a lady with a BB call in heres our convo -
    Cust - I need to send this back it aint working
    Me - ok and whats it doing?
    Cust - freezing and my emails havnt been in the phone
    Me - ok lets go ahead and pull the battery out of the phone first and they we'll start to go through some troubleshooting...
    Cust - I don't know what good that will do it aint worked for almo....
    CLICK

Sorry not everyone should have a smart phone when the damn phone is smarter than them.
    07-16-09 03:26 PM
    I don't see the big deal about it.
    07-16-09 03:38 PM
    If you don't like software & other crap being pushed to your phone, the answer is simple - DON'T GET A BLACKBERRY!

It kills me when people get a managed process device, designed for a minimum of configurations, then get upset when another entity manages the processes.

Get Palm, WinMo, Symbian & not have this issue. Get BlackBerry or (soon) Android and get stuff you may not want.

Don't forget - BlackBerry is designed for people who lack time/desire/need/intelligence to manage their own phone & need/want a central manager to do it for them. In this case, RIM managed the push - whether it was at RIM direction, VZW's or even an email install, we do not know.

07-16-09 03:51 PM
    Um, Verizon Wireless isn't pushing it... RIM is. Go yell at Blackberry. Blackberry wants it on their phones so they send it out over their servers.
    07-16-09 03:53 PM
    [QUOTE
    /QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. Some people have no business with a smart phone. There are numerous posts in this forum that can attest to that. Let's not forget about those that haven't even been on the site yet.

07-16-09 03:58 PM
    Um, Verizon Wireless isn't pushing it... RIM is. Go yell at Blackberry. Blackberry wants it on their phones so they send it out over their servers.
    How do we know this?
    07-16-09 03:59 PM
    Addendum to my post, because I can't edit from my BB: I know this for a FACT because Slacker was pushed to her Sprint BB.

07-16-09 03:59 PM
    Addendum to my post, because I can't edit from my BB: I know this for a FACT because Slacker was pushed to her Sprint BB.

Excellent...
    07-16-09 04:07 PM

Opt>Adv Opt>Browser Push disable?
    I don't know what else that will disable howeva
    07-16-09 04:28 PM
    How do we know this?
    OTA stuff, through service books & the like, are all RIM. Carriers cannot push software to a BlackBerry.

07-16-09 04:38 PM
    Can't you just delete the icon/shortcut (no need to hide it).

But, with that said, I sort of agree that stuff showing up on your phone randomly can be a pain.
    07-16-09 04:42 PM
    I was wondering how Slacker got on my phone over night. Well that VZWTones and VZ Song ID.
    07-16-09 05:08 PM
    Firestorm guy...did you do a battery pull, quickpull, or *228. Thats how you got it.
    07-16-09 05:39 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD