WARNING: Long post...skip to last three paragraphs to get the general "gist" of the story!

I am (was) an Alltel Legacy customer, but I wanted to upgrade to the new Storm2 and take advantage of the BOGO, however, my wife's line was not due for an upgrade. I wanted to stay with my cheaper Alltel plan, so i decided to call to see what I could do, not really expecting any special treatment. I first spoke to Andre, who told me that as an incentive to switch over to all Verizon plans/equipment, Verizon would make both lines available for upgrade, so I could take advantage of the BOGO. This was a little dissapointing, because I wanted to keep my cheaper Alltel plan. Well, after discussing the plans and prices and adding my 20% law enforcement discount (which I didn't get with Alltel), I realized I would be ahead to make the switch. I told Andre I was going to do it online for the instant rebate and hung up.

Well, it wouldn't work online, and wanted to charge me full retail for the second Storm2...not to worry, Andre told me to call online customer service if this happened, so I did. I was quickly told that this was NOT possible, and Andre had given me bad info. I was rather upset, and called the regular customer service and spoke to Christina, who told me that Andre had been correct, and she was sorry the online customer service was mistaken. She said she would take care of it.

Christina gave me my NE2 discount two months early without me even asking for it, which was a nice little bonus. At this point, I had decided just to order over the phone and deal with the MIR. Well, Christina told me for some reason, she could not get it to go through, so she transferred me to Terrance.

Terrance hooked me up. He dealt with my 20 questions, honored Christina's notation to give me the NE2, and even matched the free overnight shipping offered on the internet. And about that pesky MIR? He just matched the online price and knocked $100 off the top. After the $20 fee for early upgrade for one line and taxes, I got two Storm2s for $161.00! And I now have 1400 anytime minutes that, when I figure in my law enforcement discount, won't really cost me any more than my old 500 minute plan! I'm one happy VZW Customer!

What I take away from this experience is this: The VZW Reps know their job, and if you treat them nice, they will reciprocate. I know some people have complained about the customer service at VZW, but I think these people either had a bad attitude when they called in, or they called with unreasonable expectations. Yes, I realize there are probably jerks that work as reps, however, I spoke to several today (I called back in later to confirm my order), and they were all exceedingly patient and kind to me.

I give VZW Customer Service a 9/10. That 1/10 is because of the conflicting info from the regular customer service and the online customer service. However, I attribute this to a miscommunication within the company structure (right hand does not always know what the left is doing) and not a slight against the reps themselves.

Long story short, I know there are a lot of complaint threads here, and I just wanted to let the reps here know, you are appreciated! And if I unknowingly spoke to any of our resident reps here today: Thank you very much.
    11-05-09 08:28 PM
    Good deal! I couldn't agree more about VZW... I've had nothing but terrific experiences with their ccare folks, in every department. As you said, treat them nicely and good things do happen. Like anything else, treat others with respect and kindness and you'll be rewarded.
    11-05-09 08:33 PM
    It is great to hear of a honest, good customer experience. Some times when all you read are people upset because they didn't get that free Storm 2 or Droid and they bash the carrier and reps, one starts to forget that there are honest and good people out there that know how to be respectful. I'm happy for you.
    11-05-09 08:41 PM
    Glad to hear you had a good experience. We try and try and try and don't hear enough of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:52 PM
    I believe I will post this on the planet feedback site as well. I know you guys have said VZW reads it, and I'm sure they need to know their reps are doing a great job and are appreciated.
    11-05-09 09:57 PM
    Awesome, that would be a good thing. Good pub is always a plus. For that, you get some kind of karma point , somehow, but have Darth take care of it, he has the power
    11-05-09 10:46 PM
    Great information!

When was your wife's upgrade due? I am an alltel customer and want to switch to the Storm 2 as well, but I am not due for an upgrade until June.
    11-05-09 11:49 PM
    This was great to read.
    11-06-09 01:20 AM
    And great to hear.
    11-06-09 07:52 AM
    Congtats on your killer deal. Glad to see it work out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:35 AM
    In 5+ years of calling CS or going in stores, I think I have only had 1 bad experience with a Rep. VZW is usually great with CS.

I've had other companies **** me off the phone endlessly that I canceled my service with them (qwest an dearthlink mainly)
    11-06-09 10:49 AM
    Thats good to hear... I'm a legacy alltel customer... Maybe I can get some of the same treatmeant.
    11-06-09 01:04 PM
    Love to hear of great experiences. Ahhh, if only all business could be that smooth.
    11-07-09 11:08 PM
    Inspector Gidget are you just trying to pad your post count or what?
    11-08-09 03:14 AM
    This makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Just like on the phones usually all we hear here is upset customers who didnt get their free phone or unreasonable request and were basically dooshes to the rep(s) on the phone/store.
    Thanks for being reasonable; even WITH the misinformation between our dept's
    We appriciate YOU as a customer too and it's customers like you that make our job worth doing...

was that too much? I feel this sick sweet feeling in my mouth now. j/k
    11-08-09 07:31 AM
    You should do an online survey so that your experience is relayed to their supervisors. VZW tracks these for each rep and it sucks when on paper it looks like you only get complaints because people so readily share bad experiences and not the good ones.
    11-08-09 10:23 PM