08-24-08 01:00 PM
39 12
tools
    I had an 8830 for 4 months... loved it but the low memory and not having a camera got annoying after a while so i called VZW and after explaining my dissatisfaction with the memory issues to the CSR and i asked her to downgrade me to the curve ( I personally think the Curve is an upgrade but since its a cheaper phone in terms of cost its considered a downgrade) so she said she would be able to allow me to purchase it at the 2 year price but didnt think she would be able to just swap it out.... so i explained to her that it would cost me more to do that then it would to just cancel my contract and get a curve from tmobile for 50$ with a 1yr contract....so she said she didnt think she would be able to get it swapped but since i had been with vzw for a long time now she would speak with her manager and see what she could do sooo after holding for 15 mins.... she comes back and tells me that her manager has approved the swap and that she was going to be shipping out my new curve!!!

Ne ways i got it and i loveeeeee it!!! now i can finally participate in the scavenger hunt thread!!! LOL
    08-04-08 07:11 PM
    Now all ya gotta do is ta sell her a new home.

Nice piece of negociation. I love that part the best.
    08-04-08 07:13 PM
    I love Verizon as well Carlos. I have been a long time customer of their's and they treat me great. Any issues i have get resolved quickly. Hope you enjoy the Curve, I will be getting one as a Christmas gift to me...
    08-04-08 07:14 PM
    I got my curve for free also...I didnt hafta threaten them with leaving though...just had to complain about my treo (that I didnt pay for either ) sucking it up big time
    08-04-08 07:39 PM
    I have been with Verizon for EONS! Anytime I have had a problem with them they resolved it lickity split. Yeah they aren't the "PERFECT" carrier but then who is? Their coverage is excellent and their customer service is top notch!!
    08-04-08 07:47 PM
    I got my curve for free also...I didnt hafta threaten them with leaving though...just had to complain about my treo (that I didnt pay for either ) sucking it up big time
    Didnt really threaten...just stated that it would cost less to just go with another company then to buy it at the 2 year price... besides even if she would have told me she couldnt do it i still would never leave VZW... ive been with TMO, AT&T, & Nextel in the past and IMO they are all garbage in comparison to VZW and the level of service they provide
    08-04-08 07:54 PM
    I'm the same way...I've never had a single bad CS experience and it seems that in an area where my GSM-carrying-counterparts wouldn't have a signal, I would...VZW's good qualities outweigh their bad IMO.
    08-06-08 11:41 AM
    Yeah verizon has always treated me real well too. I've never had a problem they didn't handle perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 12:02 PM
    Didnt really threaten...just stated that it would cost less to just go with another company then to buy it at the 2 year price... besides even if she would have told me she couldnt do it i still would never leave VZW... ive been with TMO, AT&T, & Nextel in the past and IMO they are all garbage in comparison to VZW and the level of service they provide
    You may want to get that profile updated to that new 8330 instead of that 8830! haha. Nice work bro.
    08-06-08 12:07 PM
    Time to change the profile...

The only bad experience I've had with VZ is when I wanted a BT headset that could mute the phone. The local store had around 30 headsets from varying manufacturers. The CS, not the sales rep, informed me that no headset can do that. What?!?!? He insisted that he'd never heard of any headset being able to mute the phone and that I must be mistaken about being able to do it. I immediately went to Radio Shack and picked up a Motorola H680, which the Verizon store also had. I should take it to the VZ store and show the guy that by hitting both volume buttons at once, the phone goes into/out of mute.
    08-06-08 12:18 PM
    good to hear. I also havent had any real problems at all with customer service.
    08-06-08 02:10 PM
    I love my 8830, but I think I may have to do this. I like the camera and the higher memory of the 8330, and would have got one if they were in stock when I was purchasing my red 8830
    08-06-08 06:03 PM
    Nice job! Ive never had a problem with VZs CS, any problem i have they fix no problem

08-06-08 06:19 PM
    I have been with Verizon for 5 years! Never had any major problems with their customer service. They are reasonable and will listen to your problem, and truly try to help you. They realize that good, loyal customers are hard to come by, and they want to keep us in the "fold"/.. My only complaint is the time for Verizon to get the new 4.5 oS for the 8330 Curve. ATT is out already. The new OS will allow Documents and Excel and Power Point. Guess we will just have to wait.
    08-06-08 08:11 PM
    yeah i've been with verizon since my first phone and there costomer service has been great. I got the voyager as soon as it came out which was a big mistake i went through SIX of them finally my friend convinced me to go to a blackberry and honestly i think it was a good decision. Yeah my bill went up but i definatly think it was worth it. Im still getting used to it but i like wat i see so far. Although i did get it for free because it was also concidered a downgrade but i hope it wasn't a mistake cause i noticed the bold is coming out soon.
    08-06-08 09:43 PM
    I have had the many bad CS experiences over 10 years with Verizon. BUT when they come through, they do do it right!! I cannot remember one time they refused to take off an overage charge or something easy like that. If you read my other posts somewhere I do not like AT&T and have been ripped off majorly with them.

With the new Curve I only paid $30 after rebates and I was very happy with that. I even had to do a rerun upgrade within the first 30 days due to bad charger and the store was slow but they have always given me good CS at the store overall.

Most of the people I see complain about VZW have other carriers.
    08-07-08 11:22 AM
    I called 3 times. The first guy offered 1 yr pricing, and all the rest said there's nothing they could do. I finally talked to a supervisor and she said the best she could do was 20% of retail which came to over $350. I explained that switching to at&t would be cheaper and we even went through what it would cost to cancel each line... no luck. I'd be happy with 2 yr pricing even.
    08-07-08 01:13 PM
    nice 1.............
    08-07-08 01:30 PM
    Great story. So far, I've received very good customer service from Verizon.

08-07-08 01:38 PM
    Nice work Boss. I pulled the same line about TMobile to get my Curve.
    08-07-08 03:37 PM
    Earlier in this thread it was said that AT&T has the new OS. Now how do I get it?

Crack ON! =8')
    08-07-08 04:11 PM
    I called 3 times. The first guy offered 1 yr pricing, and all the rest said there's nothing they could do. I finally talked to a supervisor and she said the best she could do was 20% of retail which came to over $350. I explained that switching to at&t would be cheaper and we even went through what it would cost to cancel each line... no luck. I'd be happy with 2 yr pricing even.
    sounds like you just want more than what the company is already willing to offer in the exceptions its making.
    08-07-08 07:35 PM
    i also love vz ..i had a problem wit a moto q and they changed my phone 2 times then i asked them to swap the phone for a bb curve and they did and i didnt even pay a dime
    08-08-08 12:31 AM
    yeeeay verizon..what a gullible bunch...ooh verizon this and verizon that and bla bla bla
    lets review every time i use my phone to make a call it works on Tmo's "substandard" network without an issue
    when i want to use data its there
    when i want to use my gps its there free of charge
    tethering? free
    when i call CS with an issue its resolved
    i pay less and get more with Tmo
    so you fellas keep patting each other on the back about getting free phones...most of you probably already paid for those free phones with all the overcharging verizon does
    rant over
    08-08-08 12:56 AM
    so you fellas keep patting each other on the back about getting free phones...most of you probably already paid for those free phones with all the overcharging verizon does
    rant over
    Well I haven't had the same luck... I guess that leaves me being overcharged and without a free phone.
    08-08-08 01:23 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD