Just wanted to share my sucess story. I got the 8830 last November, after only about a week I had to call tech support, it kept locking up on me. Tech support told me to do a battery pull on it, problem solved. Since then I thought doing a battery pull was just one of those things I had to do being a Blackberry owner. I was doing a battery pull everyday, sometimes 3, 4, or 5 times a day. About three months ago my wife got the Tour, she loves it btw. After watching her use her Tour for a few weeks I asked her when the last time was that she did a battery pull, and she said never. That got me thinking that maybe I shouldnt need to do a battery pull that often. I called tech support again and they said that I should not have to do a battery pull that often and sent me a new 8830. The first six hours I had the new 8830 I had to pull the battery over twelve times, I was only trying to load blackberry app world and it kept locking up. Went to the verizon store and walked out with another new 8830. Within an hour it lockedup with a white screen and of course the store is closed by this time. The following morning I was at the store when they opened, the person that helped me the night before helped me again, she talked to the manager and came back with a Tour and said that since I was having so much trouble with the 8830 in such a short period they would upgrade me to a comperable device and that was the Tour. So in a nut shell, I had a lot of headaches with the 8830 but it paid off in the end, thank you Verizon and Marnie.....
    10-18-09 02:45 PM
    Glad to hear they took care of you.
    10-18-09 05:32 PM
    To: Jimmyz
    RE:
    Thank you Verizon
    Dear Jimmy,

We at Verizon Wireless want to thank you for your words. You don't know how much we appreciate and value words like yours.

However, we need to let you know you're costing us a fortune. To compensate, we have added every extra-cost feature we could place on your account & have extended your contract duration until 2024.

We hope the Aztecs were wrong.

Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Clinton Bushama
    Verizon Wireless Transcommunications

P.S. PAY YOUR BILL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 05:30 PM
    To: Jimmyz
    RE:

Dear Jimmy,

We at Verizon Wireless want to thank you for your words. You don't know how much we appreciate and value words like yours.

However, we need to let you know you're costing us a fortune. To compensate, we have added every extra-cost feature we could place on your account & have extended your contract duration until 2024.

We hope the Aztecs were wrong.

Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Clinton Bushama
    Verizon Wireless Transcommunications

P.S. PAY YOUR BILL!

haha that letter would suck to get
    10-19-09 05:37 PM
    Clinton Bushama?
    10-19-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD